It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Path to enlightenment: Buddhism in Judaism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

meditation-handbook.50webs.com...

Rajneesh spoke on a high level of intelligence, and his powerful presence emanated from his body like a soft light that healed all wounds. While sitting close during a small gathering of friends, Rajneesh took me on a rapidly vertical inner journey that almost seemed to push me out of my physical body. His vast presence lifted everyone around him higher without the slightest effort on their part. The days I spent at his Bombay apartment were like days spent in heaven. He had it all, and he was giving it away for free.

You will experience this same thing in my presence. i have noticed that the field affects ppl as far as 100 metres away. and quite possibly further.

Rajneesh's health collapsed in his early thirties. Even before reaching middle age, Rajneesh suffered reoccurring bouts of weakness. During his youthful college years, when he should have been at a peak of vigor, Rajneesh often had to sleep 12 to 14 hours a day due to an unexplained illness. Rajneesh suffered from what Europeans call Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), or what Americans call Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). His classic symptoms included the obvious fatigue, strange allergies, recurrent low grade fevers, photophobia, orthostatic intolerance (the inability to stand for a normal period of time), insomnia, body pain, and extreme sensitivity to smells and chemicals, a condition doctors now refer to as "multiple chemical sensitivity."

Rajneesh's health problem took him because he was unable to get past the kechari mudra which opens up the seafoam green chakra. he did not understand that having walked through Daath, that death then resided in him. a friend and an enemy no more. there was no reason to fear and thus resist the next stage of development into the unknown. the Kechari mudra or as i will call it Kechari chakra is at the point of the nasal cavity and connects to the throat. as a result it also extends down the aesophagus and into the stomach via all the organs. constantly attempting to stretch it's way down. if this is resisted, it can result in multiple health issues including internal ruptures.

however it does not matter for his case. since he would have already attained samadhi, he already gained an eternal and self perpetuating soul that requires not a body to be living and conscious.

i know this because it was taught to me by the spirit. and i recently activated my seafoam green chakra for the first time. i speak from experience, and not from a book.
edit on 25-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

I would like to make a playful comment to the poster about not needing God once we fully understand ourselves...I am curious what name will you give this understanding, what is the origin of these thoughts you have woven together? Mind if I call the understanding wisdom and the origin "god"?

Is a rose by any other name still not a rose?

You may call it whatever you like. I cannot stop you. But remember, it takes two to give a name power. Just because you use a name, does not give you knowledge of what that thing is.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

as long as you remember that you didnt pop out of the ground on your own will. that your spirit was created by a force much more magnanimous than your own spirit. and to this spirit/God the Supreme homage should be paid when trouncing in his playground.

I disagree. I would postulate that you know no more about where we come from than I do. I would postulate that your reasons for adhering to such a philosophy are just as selfish as they are selfless. And I would continue to postulate that this is a perfectly natural thing, as humans were never meant to be entirely selfish or entirely selfless.

As to the rest of your post: it's not all about the gods. That's all I have to say. Enough about the gods. I'm tired of hearing about them. This is about making ourselves better, about understanding ourselves and the universe and everything in between. That doesn't mean focus all your attention on one specific deity. It means understand what that deity means to the universe, understand what the universe means to that deity, and then understand what that means to yourself and the people around you.

In the end, you are living your life. You cannot raise a farm by staring at the sun all day. Live your life.
edit on 25-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

well.. it would come as no surprise to me that you have never once seen the internal realm known as Heaven. with angels and beings all made of light. a realm the highest of the high, where God's chosen are summoned to as an indication that they have been chosen as a Child of God. this realm an atheist will not see. and what it is for me is as God saying to me.. "all this and the realms below are open to you to explore for all eternity."

this is why even others who have spiritual sight look upon me with astonishment. they do not comprehend how i could have accomplished such height and light in attainment. they refer to me as virgin, archangel, some say ninja, some say Jesus. seeing for the first time such possibility in attainment. they marvel that "i am so young" yet attained.

i started early. and i advise all to start as early as possible and get it done early rather than later. they believe i must have done much more in righteousness to achieve such reward hence they call me virgin. but i have had more sex than 2 rats in a box in my life lol. the truth is i have only commited much less sin, and much more good in proportion. as a result of taking up the path of righteousness as an 8 year old child. i was less corrupted by age, and thus had less to correct as i grew older.

indeed it was a tough path to walk to this point, and which grows tougher.. but i too grow stronger. so 1 tonne is heavy for a man but not so heavy for a giant.

yet still i do not consider myself deserving. i believe i owe so much for such a gift still. i cant accept that what i have done, even tho a great contribution to the path is enough to have been paid in this reward. hence i seek to give to all the truth of themselves as further payment.. even tho i am already attained. this knowledge is yours and all yours. and i give it freely.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

well.. it would come as no surprise to me that you have never once seen the internal realm known as Heaven. with angels and beings all made of light. a realm the highest of the high, where God's chosen are summoned to as an indication that they have been chosen as a Child of God. this realm an atheist will not see. and what it is for me is as God saying to me.. "all this and the realms below are open to you to explore for all eternity."

Such a world seems...ignorant, to me. Ignorant and very exclusive. I would rather run with the dogs of the street than feast with the wolves of the mountains. It feels to me that the higher you go in such a game, the more brutal the players. Because the higher you go, the easier it is to lose, and the more you have to lose.

I will not sacrifice liberty for security.

yet still i do not consider myself deserving. i believe i owe so much for such a gift still. i cant accept that what i have done, even tho a great contribution to the path is enough to have been paid in this reward.

And there you have it. I don't care to be indebted for all of eternity. I will gladly cast the gift away if such chains are attached to it. It just doesn't sound like enlightenment. There is a fine line between righteousness and bigotry. It feels to me like your heavenly realm is more bigotry than anything else.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Such a world seems...ignorant, to me. Ignorant and very exclusive. I would rather run with the dogs of the street than feast with the wolves of the mountains. It feels to me that the higher you go in such a game, the more brutal the players. Because the higher you go, the easier it is to lose, and the more you have to lose.

I will not sacrifice liberty for security.

what liberty do u have now? have u attained the light and made your spirit self perpetuating? can you travel between multiple worlds and are not limited by levels? if u are excluded from this realm of white light then u have not gained absolute liberation. since u are restricted in where you can venture. as well as perhaps for how long.

obviously.. if i am going to bring you from the ghetto into a posh neighbourhood then you should be able to function in a manner that does not cause upset for those who share your presence in that neighbourhood.

the ignorance exists in the monkey and the dog who considers himself worthy without approval to exist in the master's house. see then the master leaves for a few short hrs and returns to see his entire house ransacked by the primitive intelligence he left there. the primitive animal did not understand that the remote control is to control the tv and not a chew toy. it does not understand that food is served on the table and not to go forraging through the bins and scattering garbage all over the kitchen in search of the source of the scent of beef emanating from an old packaging.

no, surely you do not want that in your house. the animal must be trained. with great power comes great responsibility

yet still i do not consider myself deserving. i believe i owe so much for such a gift still. i cant accept that what i have done, even tho a great contribution to the path is enough to have been paid in this reward.

And there you have it. I don't care to be indebted for all of eternity. I will gladly cast the gift away if such chains are attached to it.

an aspect of primitive thinking shows here your own arrogance.

i am merely grateful.. unlike you are willing to be. i am thankful that God has arranged things in such a way that i can be born and have such an experience. without which i would not even know myself to appreciate having not existed.

if to not exist is what you prefer then by your spirit you may have it when you die. but if you are in anyway thankful for being something more than a stone on the side of the road, you will be grateful for this journey and the one who provides the resources for it.

there is no indebtedness. it is my choice. and any wise person would make the same choice.

you have entered God's amusement park.. and he says to you before you get on the roller coaster.. "buckle up and clamp down your harness so that you dont fall out of the roller coaster in it's journey".

but you believe yourself to be wise and decide you will not buckle up because what is the purpose? you will take the journey without taking God's advice. you are then thrown out on a crazy bend and fall out of the roller coaster to your death. the wise man behind you who obeyed God will look upon you and say to one next to him "see, that is why God tells us to Buckle up!"

it is for your own good. there is no other way to ride the roller coaster. thus it is wise to make the free will choice to follow the advice.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Meditation opens up a doorway for demonic spirits to pass through.

This has been confirmed by many on ATS:

New Age deep meditation and hypnotism are particularly dangerous. They are not recognized as being channels to demons, but they provide a direct pathway for demonic influence upon the mind. Communication with demons

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Meditation opens up a doorway for demonic spirits to pass through.

This has been confirmed by many on ATS:

New Age deep meditation and hypnotism are particularly dangerous. They are not recognized as being channels to demons, but they provide a direct pathway for demonic influence upon the mind. Communication with demons

perhaps.. but it has never happened to me. i have never seen a demon to even know what one looks like in this world or any of the others. all i see are humans, beautiful humans and angelic beings.

this is why i advise to live righteously and acknowledge God to whom all praise should be given. with him protecting u on the path no evil would dare to come near.

ye do i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall fear no evil, for thou art with me, my rod and my staff.

i told u, if u try to do this as an atheist yes u may see demons, as the atheists have confirmed in my council. u will be required to defend urself of ur own strength since ur arrogant enough to think that u are the supreme of all supreme and thus need not praise anything since there u believe there is none higher than urself.

be pure of heart that u will be CONFIDENT of God's protection while walking through the valley of the shadow of death 'daath'.

try to shortcut, and u will have problems.

the law is threefold..

live well with compassion and good will towards all humanity, praise God, and meditate.

leave out any one of these things and u will suffer the path on ur own. not a wise choice. but very deserving for ur arrogance.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

You will know the truth by it's fruits. You might not like other religions and call them satanic. It is a very dualistic way to look at views.

Is your narrow road just saying Jesus name or something more? Even if there are billions of Christians their views are not 100% the same as each other. So wearing a garment of religion does not seem to prove you have one view or another.

I like god for the fruits. What a beautiful planet. So many loving animals, plants and humans who are trying to do their best in a bad situation. I would like a little better hardware because I have never been that comfortable in my human body. I am clumsy and to tall and big and walk into stuff. My mind is from my point of view to quick to anger and are to easylly provoked to hate from duality notions. But the sensory system of the body is almost overwhelming sometimes.

I do agree with the OP in some ways but I did not have the same information the OP used.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aphorism

My apologies. When someone declares they know the path to enlightenment, yet are not in the least bit enlightened, one should be suspected of dishonesty. I will not challenge you any longer, for you are unwilling to defend yourself.

edit on 25-8-2013 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

Can we please make a difference between En-light-ment and the wisdom that can be called to be enlightened? You can be wise and have a good idea of the view of reality without being En-light-ened. And you can probably be En-light-ened without having any wisdom since you are still trying to figure it out.

Some who are En-light-ened sometimes play around with false modesty since those who have not experienced it have preconceived notions on how En-light-ened should be.

Judge the message behind and not the source and you will see if it is valid or not. Judging a book it's cover without really understanding the book makes no sense.
edit on 26-8-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

what liberty do u have now? have u attained the light and made your spirit self perpetuating? can you travel between multiple worlds and are not limited by levels? if u are excluded from this realm of white light then u have not gained absolute liberation. since u are restricted in where you can venture. as well as perhaps for how long.

It's a funny thing, you know...how much it takes for some people to be happy. I'm a simple person. It doesn't take a whole lot to satisfy me. The principle of the matter dictates that I fight for my right to be happy with less. I am human. I have accepted that I will be limited in many ways. This doesn't keep me from finding ways to enjoy myself.

an aspect of primitive thinking shows here your own arrogance.

i am merely grateful.. unlike you are willing to be. i am thankful that God has arranged things in such a way that i can be born and have such an experience. without which i would not even know myself to appreciate having not existed.

there is no indebtedness. it is my choice. and any wise person would make the same choice.

That's an ad hom attack, by the way. Implying that if we do not agree, we are all idiots. That's what you just said in your last sentence.

My gratitude extends so far as to say, "Thank you." Then it's over. I don't owe anything, the other person doesn't want anything. The exchange is complete, we acknowledge the beneficial nature of it, and then we move on.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

It's a funny thing, you know...how much it takes for some people to be happy. I'm a simple person. It doesn't take a whole lot to satisfy me. The principle of the matter dictates that I fight for my right to be happy with less. I am human. I have accepted that I will be limited in many ways. This doesn't keep me from finding ways to enjoy myself.

i am also very simple in my way of life. i am also human just like u. i have also accepted that i have been limited. but the Holy books teach me of an aspiration for a human to evolve to realize attributes of himself that peek over the limits.

but i am also a curious person. curious for answers and truth. is there any truth to the claims in these holy books? i asked myself. if there is i would surely like to know because everyone around me seems so unsure. some say yes and some say no. the only way for me then to know is to go look for myself. follow the instructions, trust the intuition and see where it leads.

needless to say.. it lead somewhere that i knew and realised would be impossible for most ppl to believe without experiencing it or seeing proof for themselves. but i found my proof through faith. and that is the same thing we are advised to do.

being simple is fine. but if u were designed to grow and become something more than where u started and u sit on ur hands killing time, then it can be viewed as squandering a gift.

but there is noone stopping u from doing that. so u have ur free will however u want to view it and use it. i dont see the problem.

That's an ad hom attack, by the way. Implying that if we do not agree, we are all idiots. That's what you just said in your last sentence.

My gratitude extends so far as to say, "Thank you." Then it's over. I don't owe anything, the other person doesn't want anything. The exchange is complete, we acknowledge the beneficial nature of it, and then we move on.

there was no attack at all. see how ur perception has played you, because in the example i provided, You were God and not the monkey or the dog. yet u chose to align urself with the primitive animals. see it was your house. and the question of if u are ok with that going on in ur house.

how would u reward the dog that runs and turns on the tv for u when he hears u coming and then opens the door for u? vs the dog that ransacks the house ignorant of the strife he is causing for the occupants?

would u not keep the one that has shown the intelligence needed to be in the house unsupervised and put the other one outside? or will u leave the silly primitive dog to ransack the house even tho u repeatedly attempt to train him, but he doesnt care to know?

then dont care to know outside. is that not fair?

in effect, God would take you to eden and say to u do not eat of the tree of good and evil, and u will wait till he is away and go AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and eat from it each time he takes u from earth into his garden. never learning ur lesson that it will cause u to fall to earth. u might as well stay there if u havent learned not to go back.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

but the Holy books teach me of an aspiration for a human to evolve to realize attributes of himself that peek over the limits.

In other words, you're not satisfied with being human.

being simple is fine. but if u were designed to grow and become something more than where u started and u sit on ur hands killing time, then it can be viewed as squandering a gift.

No, it's called free will.

No fate but what we make for ourselves.

there was no attack at all. see how ur perception has played you, because in the example i provided, You were God and not the monkey or the dog. yet u chose to align urself with the primitive animals. see it was your house. and the question of if u are ok with that going on in ur house.

I respect the animals, because I know we have more in common than we have in differences. We humans think we are so superior...but we're not. There is very little difference between us and the animals we disdain.

how would u reward the dog that runs and turns on the tv for u when he hears u coming and then opens the door for u? vs the dog that ransacks the house ignorant of the strife he is causing for the occupants?

Or the dog that leaves and finds a new home for himself?

in effect, God would take you to eden and say to u do not eat of the tree of good and evil, and u will wait till he is away and go AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and eat from it each time he takes u from earth into his garden. never learning ur lesson that it will cause u to fall to earth. u might as well stay there if u havent learned not to go back.

I don't have to eat the fruit to just stand up and leave the garden.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

In other words, you're not satisfied with being human.

actually im quite glad to be human.. and being human encompasses all that a human can do. including all that a human can achieve. why must i stagnate in mediocrity? u choose to stagnate, that's ur choice. some of us will choose to learn of our true potential. some of us prefer death over enslavement. and u are so enslaved by your masters here. but here, i have no master. who is more free?

I respect the animals, because I know we have more in common than we have in differences. We humans think we are so superior...but we're not. There is very little difference between us and the animals we disdain.

you've missed the whole point. but this is turning into some sort of convincing game. im not here to convince you so im going to have to cut off here. u have made a choice. and i have made mine.. others will make theirs.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

some of us will choose to learn of our true potential.

And what's our true potential?

some of us prefer death over enslavement. and u are so enslaved by your masters here. but here, i have no master. who is more free?

You need not speak on my behalf, as you clearly don't know me. I have no master other than myself. But what is your god, if not your master?

you've missed the whole point. but this is turning into some sort of convincing game. im not here to convince you so im going to have to cut off here. u have made a choice. and i have made mine.. others will make theirs.

If you are so willing to admit defeat, then I will not argue.

edit on 26-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Can we please make a difference between En-light-ment and the wisdom that can be called to be enlightened? You can be wise and have a good idea of the view of reality without being En-light-ened. And you can probably be En-light-ened without having any wisdom since you are still trying to figure it out.

Some who are En-light-ened sometimes play around with false modesty since those who have not experienced it have preconceived notions on how En-light-ened should be.

Judge the message behind and not the source and you will see if it is valid or not. Judging a book it's cover without really understanding the book makes no sense.

On not knowing what "enlightenment" is.

It sounds like you know many enlightened individuals. Tell me, how are you sure they are enlightened? Is it because they tell you they are? This sounds like an example of judging a book by its cover.

If to become enlightened one must call himself enlightened, then I therefor declare everyone enlightened.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

to become enlightened, one must gain communion with the Holy Spirit. when this happens radiant white light fills the mind and the whole body. waves of water pumped into your vessel.. spiritual water. the body of the spirit is felt within moving in currents and waves. "my cup runneth over". the waves culminate at the top of the head known as the crown chakra.. again physically felt and exit each chakra in the form of what feels like a forever blossoming flower.

the kundalini has been activated from being coiled around the base of the spine. it shoots up to the head and meets the pituitary. this is what initiates the radiant white light.

during this time much is revealed including the understanding of the makeup of existence. how God assembled this entire place. the journey goes on to higher accomplishments with training. but this first part, known as samadhi/nirvana bliss must first be achieved.

to claim to be enlightened one must claim these things as i have mentioned. they must also be able to speak completely with light.. or the channeling of the spirit. it is all very human.. and in no way super human.. except in that there are many more who have not accomplished than who have.

how u decipher who is truthful from who is telling lies will be left up to your ability to sense truth via your intuition. to know truth, one must live truthfully.. so that the law of attraction will attract the spirit of truth into your life and learn to see through lies.

if u were following your intuition, you would not need me to convince you. when i speak shivers would run up your spine and whole body when the truth touches you. orgasmic type shivers which some call "blood crawl" where pores raise on the arm. but instead this happens along the spine. if u do not know about this, you have not been attracting enough truth into ur life to attract the acknowledgement of the Spirit of Truth.. The Holy Spirit.

These things are not lies. the Spirit lives and God sees all. he permeates all of existence in spiritual form. with facets of himself taking the form of atoms with the rules which define how molecules are bonded and what they can accomplish in various arrangements. the ultimate arrangement being man. who then is given his own essence and individual life force from God. the Breath of life. what one must do with this life force as it is being fed, is to learn to self perpetuate the life force of the spirit who's true form and goal is eternal. the body feeds this spirit within you, but only when the Holy Spirit descends upon you and fills your vessel is the lamp of the eye lit! effectively severing the umbilical chord from God that sustains u as you are. this is what it truly means to be Born again. as some call themselves Born-again Christians. one is given eternal life through mastering death.

one can live well and be judged in life, or they can live out their life and wait till death where they will be judged.

attaining samadhi is the same as dying and being judged in this life. able to live and know while alive the truth of God and the Spirit. and Man's purpose. to PASS that judgement/test.

edit on 26-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

our true potential is to master death(sleep/meditation) and learn to live without a body of flesh. independent, fearless, powerful and yet still, kind.

such is true power.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aphorism
reply to post by LittleByLittle

On not knowing what "enlightenment" is.

It sounds like you know many enlightened individuals. Tell me, how are you sure they are enlightened? Is it because they tell you they are? This sounds like an example of judging a book by its cover.

If to become enlightened one must call himself enlightened, then I therefor declare everyone enlightened.

Unfortunately all is not en-light-ened and I would love it if everyone was it because this planet would have been very different if all where. God has created another duality here. The ones who know the experience and the ones who do not. Do you really think it is a picnic for people who have experienced this to be around the ones who have not and are constantly judging what they do not understand based on their faith of what it is?

Do the work then come back and tell me what en-light-ment is when you have experienced it. I find it funny that people who have not skydived keep telling the skydivers what what skydiving is like. Humanity in a nutshell. So many preconceived notions that people know what it is but no real experience.

You know if a person have experienced it by their way of describing it in their own words. And of course there a keywords to look for when you want to notice the En-light-ened ones who are hiding in plain sight.

Filledcup. These people here do not seem to be able to take the information without some sort of garment in between to keep their egos occupied so they can listen to what you and I are saying. Sorry but I have no patience for putting on shows. I'm bailing this thread.

edit on 26-8-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup

Originally posted by Murgatroid
TRUE enlightenment cannot happen without LIGHT, the light of god.

The best way to do that is through a direct supernatural encounter with the living God.

Encountering God face to face is TRUE enlightenment.

All others are counterfeits.

The path i have outlined will achieve JUST THAT! Real Light of Divinity fills the mind ushered in by the Holy Spirit.

What i have posted is absolute.. and not up for negotiation.

You will not know and be absolutely sure of the light and it's truth and how real it is, without having attained it for yourself.

The OP surely laid out the technical functions of our inner self via The Tree of Life or The Sephirot. I do admit the teaching was detailed and beneficial to all of us. However, filledcup, the moment you say that your teachings are "absolute.. and not up for negotiation," it is a sign that you must back away and look at the "beam in your eye." For there is nothing in this world is absolute. If you are truly seeking enlightenment, then you should always have an open mind and an open heart. Don't be like the religions and create doctrines or "absolute truths" that can not be transcended. Just a few words to help you along your spiritual path. I do like your passion and focus, keep it up. But always remember that the people you speak to everyday already have this knowledge you are trying to teach, you are merely reminding them; because we are all One. This will humble you, and thus will raise your mind to a higher level.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join