It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian military chief warns against U.S. crossing Syria 'red line'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
We are going to get to a point where with all the interferences the USA and EU perpetrate escallation will suddenly take us from guns, bullets and rockets to either large scale chemical, germ or nuclear warfare if we are not very careful here.

I think this terrible run of interfering in sovereign states and leaving them decimated will have to stop sooner or later because people look at where 'the Allies' have trampled and there is little hope of repairing the damage to their infrastructure or the deaths incurred, so all out war will be the only option they actually have and with Syria, Iran stands firm. I wonder if the West really understands the subtlities of their allegiance to each other.

Sooner or later, Pakistan, which has a nucler capability could well find its weapons going missing and turning up elsewhere. The whole lot is getting too complicated and dangerous. I also have doubts as to how the average Israeli feels about major fights on its border and the amount of insurgents already in Syria tht could spill into Israel to say nothing of the pollution from modern warfare.

We also sitting in our countries could expect trouble due to this sabre rattling. I just hope that the Muslims here turn their attention on the politicians responsible for this and not the rest of us who are opposed to it and would rather send aid than bombs.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
We need to stay out of that part of the world, period. Why should I care? Those people have been fighting for thousands of years. They don't think anything about sacrificing their children for their stupid gods. And we have sacrificed enough of our children in Iraq and Afghan. Maybe the Repubs will get stingier about wars, the way they are with american citizens.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What is Iran going to do? Throw rocks at our B2s from giant slingshots?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
How short are your memories. This is the same exact crap we've been hearing since the start.
Get lives

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Just for appetizers................

Russia and China refuse to follow any weapons or economic sanctions on Iran or Syria.
China further goes ahead and covertly aids $50B in funds.

Here is what can be bought to keep the west real busy and exhausted

$1B will get 40 i.e. 3 Squadrons of Su-30 MKI version. Very mean plane equivalent to F-15E.
$1B will get 250 T-90 tanks or 500 well upgraded T-72s. Lots of mean armor for ground rebels to handle.
$1B will 40 Tor/Buk point defense missile systems. Forget about attacking bunkers, C3 centres etc.
$1B will get 4 batteries of S-300 missile systems including 150 missiles. Forget about total air superiority.
$1B will get 2000 Yakhont missiles that can be fired from speed boats. Jeez!! that will keep US navy far away.

OMG! all this for only $5B...............was not the aid worth $50B?
The above figures are at retail prices. What if Russia decides to supply them at cost only?

Go Figure !! the hell that can break loose, just because Russia or China chose to lift the small finger !!
edit on 25-8-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

The USA intelligence agencies have made a sort of cottage industry of getting everything about Iran and Shia Islam wrong.

I would not be surprised if the Iranian Shiites and the Lebanese Hizbollah have rather elaborate plans after all of these years for battling against the USA and UK in an unexpected fashion.

I fear for the ordinary folk of the USA because they will pay the price when more terrorism blows back from an attack on the Syrian government. I can only hope they will not be as easily manipulated as they were by the Bush/Cheney administration after 9/11.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Heck! forget about $50B, China coverty funds the Taliban with $1B worth of arms......AKs, RPGs, Anti-Tank/APC missiles, bullet proof vests, drone finding radars etc. etc. There is no dearth of fanatics from Islamic nations wanting to join the war against the US.

Suddenly the US cost of 'surge of forces' goes back to regular levels i.e. $10B a month. Rest is a matter of calculations of sorts.

Go Figure !! the hell that can break loose, just because Russia or China chose to lift the small finger !!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

God will help people as long as they don't turn back to him.

US has been threatening Syria for months. So , it should have been invading if it wanted to.

Something is keeping them , and that something will help them if they are invaded.You can never tell.

Syria is not Iraq which invaded Iran and Kuwait.

IT has not invaded anywhere. The country didn't support terrorism. So as long as Syrian people believe in god and don't turn back on him , there is no enemy to fear from.

The truth is there no matter I write it or not.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

edit on 25-8-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
The USA has no business in Syria. There is nothing to be gained from ANY involvement in the Middle East any longer. Nothing coming out of there but broken soldiers and a whole lot of permanent hate against the USA.

Stupid freaking Americans keep letting our Government just do whatever the F they want to do. Makes me ill.

So where is the public outcry? Oh that's right it doesn't really matter how much you protest, does it? They will just do whatever they want anyways. Remember the run up to the invasion of Iraq? Hundreds of thousands of people protested all over the world. They didn't give a crap and invaded Iraq anyways. The illusion of freedom at work.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Libya is slowly going towards chaos

www.timebomb2000.com...

What is Obama's plan? To make whole of middle east and Africa a big claiphiate of AQ and Muslim Brotherhood ??

Egypt was secular........it was overturned
Libya was secular.........it was overturned
Syria was secular.........overturning is in process

NONSENSE !! NWO BASTARDS PLS LEAVE US AT PEACE!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Xcathdra -

There are a lot of people who seem to think we are teetering on the edge of WWIII. Moments like this where we see proxy wars popping and big players like Russia supplying weapons and supporting "regimes" the U.S. has taken a stance against, tend to make people a little nervous. Personally, I can't claim to know who is lying and who isn't when it comes to this chem attack, all I know is my govt has lied to me before. With that said, these things going on in the ME, most note-able recently with the situation in Egypt and now this chem attack escalation in Syria really have me scratching my head. I can't make heads or tails of any of it..I can't make sense of why we are supporting Al-Qaeda influenced "rebels" in one or multiple regions and then hunt them down in others like Yemen. By no means am I a "Know-it-all" on these subjects.. I think truly the only ones who are, are the ones actually there.. Anyway, sorry to sidetrack..

Moving on, I have seen a lot of your posts and you seem to have a down-to-earth grasp on foreign affairs. For this reason, I would be interested in knowing what you think of WWIII. I know you don't think current events would cause it, as you have stated. What do you think would be a catalyst for it? Is WWIII just a far off exaggeration of a doomsday that will never come, or do you think it's a very real not-so-distant real possibility? I ask because I am really interested to know what you think about it. Thanks in advance!
edit on 26-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Good post Wookie...........now enjoy this the sweeter side of America!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Haha, wasn't expecting that. Thanks!

*Jams to Survivor*, yes I did listen to the whole thing..ah memories.I miss those 80's.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
am i the only one here that thinks this will be the beginning of a dystopian future such as what is featured in movies like 'the mutant chronicles' and 'southland tales' where america turns into a giant corporate-feudal system? Could america be the beginning of 'the umbrella corporation' ?

interesting times indeed....too bad all we can do is sit back, watch and armchair quarterback

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Iran sabre rattles a lot. We won't know if they are serious about their threats until they actually follow through with them. That's something they don't tend to do. Not out in the sunshine like open warfare, at least. Covert warfare ... they do that all the time.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
, I would be interested in knowing what you think of WWIII. I know you don't think current events would cause it, as you have stated. What do you think would be a catalyst for it? Is WWIII just a far off exaggeration of a doomsday that will never come, or do you think it's a very real not-so-distant real possibility? I ask because I am really interested to know what you think about it. Thanks in advance!

A complex question for sure...

I personally think we are heading in that direction and hopefully cooler heads will prevail. I think we are seeing this with Russia. While Russia is playing the part of a Syrian ally, their words to date seem to suggest if military action is taken in Syria then the west better get it right.

2 quotes come to mind that I think apply -

There is no present or future. Its just the past repeating itself over and over and over.

Glenallen Walken: Franz Ferdinand, who was the nephew of the Austro-Hungarian emperor, was killed by a group called the Black Hand. And because they were a Serbian nationalist society, the empire declared war on Serbia. Then Russia, which was bound by a treaty, was forced to mobilize, which meant that Germany had to declare war on Russia. Then France declared war on Germany, and that was World War I. Because the emperor's nephew was killed.

Will war come like it did during the first world wars? Personally - No.
Will war come because some idiot fires on the wrong country - most likely yes however it would be regional.

The Middle east is a tinder box for sure and many countries, on both sides, have their hands in the pot stirring it up. With the advances in military areas from WWII to the present, I think the world realizes that world war III is not going to come close to the devestation, but Annihilation. Regional wars are in while world wars are out.

During World War 2 the Nazis had no immediate plans to go to war with the US. Hitler was forced into declaring war on he US when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Nazi Germany had a pact with Japan, which forced Germany into honouring its treaty with Japan.

Iran will most likely honor its mutual defense treaty with Syria.
Hezzbullah / Hamas / Muslim Brotherhood, etc etc will side with those countries above.
Israel is going to get tagged by those countries, forcing Israel to respond.
The US / EU will honor their treaties with Israel.

While we have a boat load of countries involved, not one of those countries is going to act in a manner that jeopradizes said countries.

Hence regional and not global.

This goes for both sides of the coin -
]ex\“Teamwork - A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.”

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I feel so sorry for you. Please come out of the Dark Ages. When you remove the veil that man has put over your eyes, it is all so clear. God is not worth killing our children for, we are going to die anyway. Death is eternity, life is the blink of an eye and you only get ONE.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Interesting take, thanks!
Regional and not global.. we certainly do see this even now and for the last decade so this does make sense. I suppose in a sense we have already been in WWIII for some time now, we just haven't seen the "annihilation" from nuke exchanges by the big boys. Let's hope it never comes to that, I can't imagine what would set that off but ultimately, I think the big fireworks show is what everyone is expecting sooner or later..

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1951
reply to post by mideast

I feel so sorry for you. Please come out of the Dark Ages. When you remove the veil that man has put over your eyes, it is all so clear. God is not worth killing our children for, we are going to die anyway. Death is eternity, life is the blink of an eye and you only get ONE.

No you come out.

Independence and freedom worth it.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join