It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian military chief warns against U.S. crossing Syria 'red line'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
I think its pretty obvious what has been happening, Once Syria and Iran have succumbed, Russia and China will be the end game.

End game to what?

Last I checked Manifest Destiny was completed some time ago.

What does the US need with Russia or China? Aside from trade, what?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You were correct and I was wrong - my apologies.

Senior Administration Official: ‘Very Little Doubt’ Assad Regime Behind Alleged Chemical Attack

White House officials also point out the attack was on rebel-held territory and apparently done using rockets that the rebels do not possess.

After reports that Syria’s regime will allow UN inspectors to access the site of the attack, the senior administration official suggested the move may be too late, after “the regime’s persistent shelling” has “significantly corrupted” evidence in the area.

“If the Syrian government had nothing to hide and wanted to prove to the world that it had not used chemical weapons in this incident, it would have ceased its attacks on the area and granted immediate access to the UN–five days ago. At this juncture, the belated decision by the regime to grant access to the UN team is too late to be credible,” the official said.

again my apologies.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Russia knows soon it will be on the target block if it does not act now. Attack Iran and Russia might keep quiet but attack Syria and it will be Vietnam level support from the Ruskies.

China knows the same, it gets lots of oil from Iran and it controls the low priced goods going to the west. China out means inflation in the whole world. China has $3 Trillion in savings, let's find out what game changer variable can $250B worth of weapons bring to the table.

Iraq is shattered but it is now controlled and directed by Iran. Lots of manpower ready to cross borders. Iraq is 80% Shia, same religion as Iran.

Iran is in the most danger if it does not help Syria. It has been helping them via weapons and men already. Coming out in open is just a matter of a headline on the CNN that US has attacked Syria.

Finally all the countries like Iraq, Serbia, Libya fought all alone facing off the whole might of the US and NATO and that too under heavy sanctions on weapons, financial aid etc. If a country is even half helped by another like (Afghanistan getting help from Pakistan) the whole scenario changes drastically. In Syria's case, Russia and China pumping weapons and covert aids will result in a hell scenario for the US and UK.

It does not make sense for US or Obama to take such bold action.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

I think its pretty obvious what has been happening, Once Syria and Iran have succumbed, Russia and China will be the end game.

End game to what?

Umm, World domination....where the United Corporations of America can fleece the world population with impunity

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

When I think about it more Russia has not said "intervene and we will be at war with you". Rather statements have been about how much more bloody it would get. This is likely true but does not mean Russia would be involved. Maybe they are concerned over being forced into a war. Something about the way its said and how many times its been said - as if they are sick of seeing us break sovereignty. Maybe it would be more likely if Iran got involved.

It is a different Russia today than it was 50 years ago - less powerful for sure. I have to wonder if they would do anything at all if we led an attack on the regime. Especially since they are coming out with reports that it may have been rebels and even those whom the US supplied weapons to who let off this chemical weapon. I think if we led an attack without approval they would at minimum back others who would fight against the US. Or be dragged into more widespread conflict in which case they would be forced to pick sides.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

End game to what?

Eliminating the last strongholds of anti-globalist resistance.

Umm, World domination....where the United Corporations of America can fleece the world population with impunity

Wrong, if all the interferences would have gained the US advantages on a geopolitical level you'd be right.

But in reality all foreign US interventions have greatly damaged American interest.

Just look at the background of the governments overthrown thanks to US+EU military operations in the last 15 years.
All US BACKED and more or less "friendlies".

Clearly either American politicians are INSANE and UTTERLY INCOMPETENT or they're just enacting someone else's policies, whether or not compatible with US interests.

edit on 25-8-2013 by AurelioMaghe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

World businesses already do that without military intervention...

so.. again...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
“If the Syrian government had nothing to hide and wanted to prove to the world that it had not used chemical weapons in this incident, it would have ceased its attacks on the area and granted immediate access to the UN–five days ago. At this juncture, the belated decision by the regime to grant access to the UN team is too late to be credible,” the official said.

I'm not so sure, if I was being attacked by an enemy using chemical weapons, I'd shell them into the dust to make sure they couldn't attack me again. Wouldn't you?

William Hague said a couple of days ago

"I know some people in the world would like to say this is some kind of conspiracy brought about by the opposition in Syria - I think the chances of that are vanishingly small. So we do believe this is a chemical attack by the Assad regime on a large scale but we would like the United Nations to be able to assess that so those who don't believe that, those who doubt that, the evidence can be gathered.

"But that is certainly our opinion."

They'd made their decision before they'd even investgated, even if the UN got their investigators in there immediately.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AurelioMaghe

End game to what?

Wrong, if all the interferences would have gained the US advantages on a geopolitical level you'd be right.

But in reality all foreign US interventions have greatly damaged American interest.

Just look at the background of the governments overthrown thanks to US+EU military operations in the last 15 years.
All US BACKED and more or less "friendlies".

Clearly either American politicians are INSANE and UTTERLY INCOMPETENT or they're just enacting someone else's policies, whether or not compatible with US interests.

I don't think we are talking "American" more "International" But under the cover of US policies pushed by said Corporations.

If that makes it a little clearer.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
One major point that Obama thinks he can carry out 'no boots on the ground' policy in Syria with Jets, Missiles and Drones doing the bad work from air and rebels on the ground...........this will be proven drastically wrong assumption in Syria.

More than a few nations are ready to jump in to stop and bust the train that started with 1991 Persian Gulf war against Iraq. If needed, war will be brought to the US soil..................something that has not happened since the Civil War (although I might be wrong on this)..................but something that surely did not happen in the 20th century.

100k civilians already perished in Syria, another 1000 in the chemical attack is just a number.............not worth risking a WW3 over. Why can't US wait for Syrian elections in 2014 and let people decide the winner, just like in Egypt.......although it seems that did not work out.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
“We cannot in the 21st century allow the idea that chemical weapons can be used with impunity and there are no consequences,” the Foreign Secretary William Hague said. A Downing Street source added: “We intend to show that an attack of this nature will not pass without a serious response.”

Now what would they do if if actually turned out that it was the rebels who used the weapons? Attack the rebels? Help Assad?

No, they've made their mind up, this is it....

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

We seem to be doing ok with china... American business, as people have argued, love cheap foreign labor because it shores up the profit margin. Why would we try to change that setup in China where its already in use.

We are preparing to sign an economic treaties with Russia to open up each others markets..

Without US markets the Chinese government would collapse... They already have some pretty decent size internal problems that they are desperately trying to keep quiet, especially in their western provinces.

This is not the cold war any more... Russia is not going to go to war over Syria... There is nothing at all for them to gain by doing so.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

CUT

This is not the cold war any more... Russia is not going to go to war over Syria... There is nothing at all for them to gain by doing so.

I'm certain Russia won't go to war for Syria or any other country as I said in other comments,

However you're wrong in assuming the objective of US foreign policy is economic prosperity and the interest of the American people / businesses

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
One major point that Obama thinks he can carry out 'no boots on the ground' policy in Syria with Jets, Missiles and Drones doing the bad work from air and rebels on the ground...........this will be proven drastically wrong assumption in Syria.

More than a few nations are ready to jump in to stop and bust the train that started with 1991 Persian Gulf war against Iraq. If needed, war will be brought to the US soil..................something that has not happened since the Civil War (although I might be wrong on this)..................but something that surely did not happen in the 20th century.

100k civilians already perished in Syria, another 1000 in the chemical attack is just a number.............not worth risking a WW3 over. Why can't US wait for Syrian elections in 2014 and let people decide the winner, just like in Egypt.......although it seems that did not work out.

The US does not need boots on the ground. The FSA has managed to take over half country without western military support. A no fly zone and some air support against heavy weapons and Assad is done. And your right lots of nations want to jump in, its just they all want to support the rebels. And about the closest thing your going to see to a war on US soil is watching the terrible remake of Red Dawn. Certain military realities apply here.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

CUT

I'm certain Russia won't go to war for Syria or any other country as I said in other comments,

However you're wrong in assuming the objective of US foreign policy is economic prosperity and the interest of the American people / businesses

I never stated / assumed the objective is economic prosperity... I am pointing out the reasons given were already a mute point since they don't apply.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

CUT

I never stated / assumed the objective is economic prosperity... I am pointing out the reasons given were already a mute point since they don't apply.

But economics and trades are just one facet of globalization.
POLITICALLY both Russia and China are against NWO.

So you can't say "there's trade agreements in the works" as proof they're part of it.

Besides, it is a given factories will move aways from China once the wages get high enough in favour of the next third world cheap sweatshop countries.

I've read Africa is next, even tho I am skeptical about that.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I agree that the U.N. needs to take care of this in some way. Problem is they have absolutely no power to push anything. Their comments are pointless and accomplish nothing. The U.S. should not get involved.. but it's so sad that a government can murder their own children, and absolutely nothing will be done about it. And even sadder that people don't see to care about that. Foreign children.. bad country.. who cares. ugh.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

But economics and trades are just one facet of globalization.
POLITICALLY both Russia and China are against NWO.

Actually they are not so long as its something they can control. Absent that then yes, they are against it. What Russia and China want is what the US has had for over half a century - Domination - Economically and militarily.

So no, they aren't against a NWO.

So you can't say "there's trade agreements in the works" as proof they're part of it.

I can say they have a trade agreement in the works. Its a continuation from when Russia joined the WTO. My point was the claims people are making about Russia intervening in Syria are not supported by facts. Since the collapse of the Soviet Union Russia has been trying to fix their economy, to transfer it over to a capitalist version. They are not going to throw that away because of Assad and his temper tantrums. The same holds true for Iran.

Besides, it is a given factories will move aways from China once the wages get high enough in favour of the next third world cheap sweatshop countries.

making China irrelevant... however, China has invested very heavily in Africa to be ahead of that curve. The US is not the only country seeking what you suggest.

I've read Africa is next, even tho I am skeptical about that.

Lots of info about China in Africa...

With that being said China and Russia will support - in language only. Even the latest release from Russia says as much. they warned the Us not to repeat the same mistakes we did in Iraq. They warned against unilateral action but in the end the Russians and Chinese, in addition o many in these forums, must realize that its not just the US pushing this.

the UN itself has been trying to resolve the situation with no results. The body count is around 100k killed in Syrian..

Exactly what is the magic number of deaths needed for intervention?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
"Exactly what is the magic number of deaths needed for intervention?"

No body is asking you to INTERVENE..........the right message is to STOP INTERVENING through your allies like Saudi, Kuwait, UAE arming the rebels. Syria is not Iraq or Libya i.e. rich in oil to rebuild itself and remain quiet after war is over. The huge swaths of lands that lay under the crumble of former buildings will not get any money from outside to get rebuilt. Syrian people, along with the rebels will be left destitute and deep in despair. So much for being the prostitutes of the outsiders.

Russian economy is not going to strengthen up by licking the boots of the US or even EU. There are certain things they need to do inhouse for the long term growth. If Russians like Yeltsin type folks still think US is going to throw food on the table then THEY ARE VERY WRONG !!!!!

Again, the bully train that started in 1991 Iraq war will be stopped in Syria. So be WISE ENOUGH !!

edit on 25-8-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The US does not need boots on the ground. The FSA has managed to take over half country without western military support. A no fly zone and some air support against heavy weapons and Assad is done. And your right lots of nations want to jump in, its just they all want to support the rebels. And about the closest thing your going to see to a war on US soil is watching the terrible remake of Red Dawn. Certain military realities apply here.

In Iraq once the Spanish metro underground was bombed, Spain was very quick to pull out.

Iraq was all alone but Syria will not be !! One reason Assad has been able to hold on is because Syrian is already NOT ALONE !!!

So jump in at your own WISE CALCULATIONS !!!

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join