It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are "They" Desperately Seeking Somebody?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Probably fine tuning whatever bio weapon they have planned to de populate the planet. Make sure it is effective against as many people as possible.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I posted something along these lines a while back....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutchowl
Probably fine tuning whatever bio weapon they have planned to de populate the planet. Make sure it is effective against as many people as possible.

What makes you think we aren't already there? Google "DNA based weapons."

There is a hidden agenda and it is not weaponry although that may prove to be a crossover benefit.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
they are testing the dna for anyone they might want to save.

its getting scary now, gonna be fun

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Looks like the privacy terms are pretty tight. The actual company that does the DNA testing, does not have access to your personal information, like name, but does have access to DOB.

Probably just a company looking to make a buck. Pretty good idea and they will probably be very profitable.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Why DNA?

It's the most solid proof they can have in finding that "somebody"

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

Why DNA?

It's the most solid proof they can have in finding that "somebody"

Agreed....but why go through a private service like this one? Most people have given blood at some point in their life at the doctor's office or hospital. Why not just "log" the DNA at that point?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tide88

Looks like the privacy terms are pretty tight. The actual company that does the DNA testing, does not have access to your personal information, like name, but does have access to DOB.

Probably just a company looking to make a buck. Pretty good idea and they will probably be very profitable.

But, when 23 sends your info to the testing company, that material may not have your name on it, but maybe it does have an identifier number or code of some kind. Then when the testing company sends the results back to 23, does 23 then match it back up with your name? They would have to, or else how could they send the findings back to you, the customer?

Why would the testing company even need your DOB?

As I said earlier, Privacy Shmivacy. I still can't scratch the itch that 'they' are investing in all kinds of methods---government and/or business ventures---that will help 'them' pinpoint the person or group of persons they are desperately seeking.

I don't know that the actual companies or government programs such as The Genome Project or The Brain Initiative who are the worker bees are in on it. They may just be the investment for the agenda makers who are watching for the results.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Agreed....but why go through a private service like this one? Most people have given blood at some point in their life at the doctor's office or hospital. Why not just "log" the DNA at that point?

Because that would require every doctors' office or hospital staff to be in on the conspiracy. With this company, you would only need a few people to know.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Also, people would object to that. There is a great deal of mistrust of the government nowadays, and to think that they would require your DNA to be kept on file would be objectionable by The People.

With ObamaCare and the constant push toward government control of healthcare, can you imagine these bureaucrats having access to such information!? You can toss privacy out the window when that happens.

But, a private company advertising benign reasons such as finding out all about your heritage and possible health risks for you and your offspring, isn't so objectionable. It is voluntary and you even pay for it. No coercion. Watch the commercial again. It is so enticing and sounds so FUN to find out "all about Me"....and most people are all about "me me me".

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I love fresh cucumbers! seriously, that and tomatoes.. i despise most everything else on my sammich that poses as "salad"

Tick, Tock.. time's a ticking... nice attempt at cheating but no cigar, If there is one they seek, or a group.. then it's far to late for this to work.. they may get a few ofshoots of the tree.. but the trunk is well hidden till the clock strikes the hour, then all will know.. or somethin.. somethin.. malarkey...

Yes.. im playing.. i find this whole DNA scanning dealy pathetic, straw clutching madness.. just accept your fate and die with dignity, no cutting of breasts to spite your nose and crap..

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Big money is obviously going to use it as a way to make bigger money. Knowing one's DNA profile will amount to the same crock of horse apples a an employer demanding you provide your assbook password to them so they can hold what you say, and who you associate with against you.

I didn't read the thread, there is no need to discuss what this type of info is going to be used for because there is a pattern of abuse of any information anyone one is stupid enough to let get into the hands of those who want to sell one something or other, who want to know if providing one a service is a good or bad risk.

Soon enough one will be tracked everywhere they go, people leave pieces of themselves everywhere, shedding cells constantly. I wouldn't put it past the TSA to collect DNA from all of those scanners at airports, you know the ones that sniff for explosives, yeah, just take the filter and bag it and you have plenty of material to develop a DNA profile. Never mind public restrooms, garbage cans, your goddamned steering wheel when you leave your window down to run into the store for a minute....

Just a swab is all it takes, and a couple of fabrications and outright lies, and it can be proven that you were somewhere you never went because your DNA was supposedly found there. ANY information is already used against anyone who is ignorant enough to provide it, just look at the precedence set by the government regarding just the internet and communications....

Scary stuff, Fingerprints, Social Security Numbers, Driver's Licenses and Registration, Employment History and phone numbers, Credit ratings, Criminal records where charges that have been dropped stay there forever for everyone to see for a small monthly fee, GPS tracking, constant monitoring of every single little thing one does for one's entire life.

Gee whiz !, how far off could it be that when you go to the store to buy food with your debit card, your debit card number alerts another software program on line that you are buying food that may aggravate a condition one may have a genetic predisposition toward ?, and the price is increased or you are dropped from your mandatory BS Obamacare exercise in mediocrity, because your health insurance company is watching.

All technology is made out to be "Benign" in the beginning, and almost always ends up being used to exploit or marginalize in some fashion..

Anyway....
edit on 27-8-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: VAS

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Those are all good points, MyHappy, but the point is....gathering scattered DNA really IS like looking for a needle in a haystack and you would need millions of data gatherers. Very confusing and chaotic. If you KNEW the individual you wanted to get DNA from, I'm sure that wouldn't be hard to do just by tracking him/her.

But, what if you don't know WHO the individual(s) are? You will only know who it is when you see the right markers in his/her/its DNA.

A company or several companies (I think Ancestry.com also has a DNA service) can quietly amass verifiable DNA of millions of people from this "Me" generation, right along with all kinds of additional identifiers who voluntarily just send it in after watching a slick FUN TV commercial.

Maybe the next commercial will be: "Limited time only....FREE DNA evaluation for only S&H of $5.99!!"

And then, when the time is right, the company sells out to the highest bidder....we can only guess who that will be...and voila!

edit on 27-8-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm

Because that would require every doctors' office or hospital staff to be in on the conspiracy. With this company, you would only need a few people to know.

You wouldn't need every physician or hospital to be in on anything.... You'd only need the agreement of the company who houses the data. Or perhaps you don't realize that your medical history sits in a repository right now?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Think of it this way.....

They have my DNA.... They send my test result back showing a whole bunch of stuff that is wrong with me, but there is nothing out there that will fix any of the problems, so, in the long run I'm still going to die.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Reminds me of the 'Alien Interview' where the Greys have been looking for lost members of the 'Domain Expeditionary Force' for thousands of years...
'

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You wouldn't need every physician or hospital to be in on anything.... You'd only need the agreement of the company who houses the data. Or perhaps you don't realize that your medical history sits in a repository right now?

And who would be taking the DNA samples, I assume hospitals process bloodsamples in their own labs. They do over here. So every hospital staff would know that DNA collection was being done on all the bloodsamples.

And physicians send it to the same labs, at least they do over here.
edit on 27-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Famouszor
Think of it this way.....

They have my DNA.... They send my test result back showing a whole bunch of stuff that is wrong with me, but there is nothing out there that will fix any of the problems, so, in the long run I'm still going to die.

That's not what DNA testing does. All the test will show are a collection of "markers" , most of which are useful only in establishing "your" Genetic fingerprint. It will also show your ancestry. Some traits (hair color, eye color), and the "risk" of a few medical conditions.

All, in all; the tests produced by 23 and me (one of the most complete) can help you know ore about your ancestry, and help your doctor with your medical care. I mean it could be kind of good t know you are at risk for Heart problems long before you have any, right?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm

Also, when you give blood to doctor or hospital, they have no interest in genetic markers. They are looking for info specific to whatever reason or symptoms you went to them for...things like nutritional deficiencies, red and/or white blood cell counts ( checking for anemia or infections), blood sugar levels, thyroid levels, chemicals related to liver and kidney function, etc. Actually, even when you go for a Physical the lab processes the blood looking at the same specific info, which is then compared to averages and norms related to what is healthy and what isn't..

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Could all of these DNA samples be going into a DNA vault? Interesting to consider. It could make re-populating the world, after a cataclysm, with genetic diversity much simpler.

This is certainly reasonable. They had a thing on TV about the Colorado seed vault last night and some that are stored in cryo chambers. they have everything so it would be important to have human also and they would want the healthiest most intelligent gene lines

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join