It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are "They" Desperately Seeking Somebody?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Has anybody else noticed this commercial running on TV recently. It's for a company that does DNA testing fairly cheaply. In the commercial, they make the reasons for knowing who you are sound fairly benign, such as learning about possible health issues and learning about your ancestry. But.....?

As a dot connector, do you find yourself thinking that this could just be another data gathering ploy?

We have Ancestry.com that has collected billions of bits of information about families' ancestries and connections.

We have NSA spying and gathering data on regular citizens.

We have the UN and government leaders pushing to control free user access to the Internet.

Sometimes I get the feeling that "THEY" are desperately searching for a particular 'SOMEBODY'....

Why DNA?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Don't know OP but throw in developed Artificial Intelligence to compile all the data and you may be on to something.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
Has anybody else noticed this commercial running on TV recently. It's for a company that does DNA testing fairly cheaply. In the commercial, they make the reasons for knowing who you are sound fairly benign, such as learning about possible health issues and learning about your ancestry. But.....?

As a dot connector, do you find yourself thinking that this could just be another data gathering ploy?

We have Ancestry.com that has collected billions of bits of information about families' ancestries and connections.

We have NSA spying and gathering data on regular citizens.

We have the UN and government leaders pushing to control free user access to the Internet.

Sometimes I get the feeling that "THEY" are desperately searching for a particular 'SOMEBODY'....

Why DNA?

Susan!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Maybe the next messiah?

Alien human hybrids?

I agree with you though. Don't see the point in myself knowing my DNA, only the point of someone else knowing it.
edit on 25-8-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

LOL...good one!

My conspiracy meter may be working overtime today, but something tells me this massive drive using commercials offering cheap DNA testing is just another tool 'they' have added to their arsenal.

I can think of a few reasons, but I keep getting the feeling the DNA is narrowing it down. Now what are they looking for?

edit on 25-8-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Maybe the next messiah?

Alien human hybrids?

I agree with you though. Don't see the point in myself knowing my DNA, only the point of someone else knowing it.
edit on 25-8-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

Alien human hybrids? I don't know if you were saying that tongue-in-cheek, but an interesting thought none the less.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

LOL...good one!

My conspiracy meter may be working overtime today, but something tells me this massive drive using commercials offering cheap DNA testing is just another tool 'they' have added to their arsenal.

I can think of a few reasons, but I keep getting the feeling the DNA is narrowing it down. Now what are they looking for?

edit on 25-8-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

Couldnt resist!

The point of intervention maybe! Or recent interventions / multiple Alien species at work, The mind can run wild!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
anyone know if private labs have to register their test results in some kind of data base, our is it only on a lab by lab basis?

Because it would be an easy way to bulk up the criminal dna data base to track unsolvable crimes.

ETA You wouldn't even have had to commit the crime, just be a close enough relative to someone that has left DNA at a crime scene and they could narrow who did it down.
edit on 25-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
A little further research on Wiki about the company shows our data mining biggie, Google has a connection to 23andMe:

~Google invested almost $4million in the company in 2007 alone.

~The co-founder of Google, Sergey Brin, is married to the co-founder of 23andMe, Anne Wojcicki.

Just a little added dimension to think about.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Alien human hybrids? I don't know if you were saying that tongue-in-cheek, but an interesting thought none the less.

SunnyDee is probably spot-on.

Imagine the FALSE rapture where aliens teleport their bastard off-spring (the nephilim) from this planet and then hit this world with every scalar weapon they have - thus creating the 7 Year Tribulation to reduce the human population to 500 million.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's something I thought about having done in the past, but am skeptical now. I do feel it's a data gathering ploy. At this point, companies will pay big money and the US will too if it wants the info, if let's say it can't get it otherwise(Obamacare?).

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
anyone know if private labs have to register their test results in some kind of data base, our is it only on a lab by lab basis?

Here is a link to their Privacy Statement page.

•23andMe respects your privacy. 23andMe does not sell, lease, or rent your individual-level Personal Information without explicit consent.

. . .

•We may disclose to third parties, and/or use in our Services, "Aggregated Genetic and Self-Reported Information", which is Genetic and Self-Reported Information that has been stripped of Registration Information and combined with data from a number of other users sufficient to minimize the possibility of exposing individual-level information while still providing scientific evidence.

23andMe . com / about / privacy statement

I remember hearing a few years ago that "the next ten years are going to be all about privacy rights" and it looks to me that 23andMe is using the Facebook approach to get-in-on-the-game.

Two things come to mind.

1). Will the "Aggregated Genetic" data be available to just their partner third parties,
or the Scientific community in general.

I mean, will this help genetic research or not.
If the company is sold later, what happens.
Can the Government nationalize the database in the event of an emergency to aid researchers in finding a cure.
So many questions in this area.
Looks like they are starting by testing our tolerance.

...and....

2). Just like credit statements, one has to give their prospective employer permission to look up their credit score when applying for some jobs.

The privacy statement says they won't share the information without your permission.
Will there come a day, where employers wont even consider your application unless they can get that permission.

/and those are my two cents
:|
MIke

Anyone remember the movie Gattaca?

edit on 25-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Hmmm....It's obvious isn't it? They are collecting our DNA in order to create a race of Atomic Supermen, to conquer the world!

link   
the best place to hide a thing. is in plain sight.

happy hunting.. LOL

Where's Waldo?

edit on 25-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

link   

That would make a great plot element for a movie but... I don't think it's "them" doing it.

If it were, why would it cost anything at all? The person being sought out could be homeless!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
seeking somebody with the perfect DNA maybe?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
These companies are not bound by law unless it is court ordered.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The LDS have been collecting family histories for decades under the so called baptisms of the Dead.

FREE family history search

Compiling all that information and now add DNA to the mix I have often wondered if they are trying to find either someone or a linage of people.

But there is also the sad fact that humanity does not know it's own story and true history of it's people.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

They have found the psychotronics that they have been perfecting to take over the thought process of billions of people doesn't work on everyone and are in a mad rush to Identify the chosen ones of the creator that are protected from there criminal activity.They are using G.P.S. satellites and cell towers to test biorelevant feedback loops that enable artificial intelligence to piggy back signals to the brain making the targets think they come up with that thought at that time.If it dont work on everyone there is a danger the public could notice people acting strangely and investigate.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

That would make a great plot element for a movie but... I don't think it's "them" doing it.

If it were, why would it cost anything at all? The person being sought out could be homeless!

That's a good point, but maybe 'they' have a pretty good idea that the individual or individuals they are looking for are not the type of person(s) to be homeless.

Their original price was $999...then $299....now it's $99. Yep
they are desperately seeking somebody(thing)!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join