It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration now says 'very little doubt' Assad used chemical weapons on Syrian civilians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Who are these friggin' people at the reigns of power who have usurped our countries government?

Uh.. gee.. I don't know???

Who could it be!?!?

Reptilians maybe?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AurelioMaghe

I want names. Even if "aliens" they still inhabit human bodies, right?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

little known but banking had much to do with the coup to remove iran's democratic government in 1953 as well...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I wonder what proof they have that leads little doubt?
The U.N. inspectors haven`t even been to the site yet so what does the "administration" know that we don`t that has convinced them that assad is responsible?
Why even bother sending the U.N. inspectors since at this point the "administration" is convinced they have enough evidence already to prove who did it?
Would it be too much to ask for them to show the taxpayers this proof? since it`s the taxpayers who are paying for all those expensive missiles that are going to be used in retaliation.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
The U.N. inspectors haven`t even been to the site yet so what does the "administration" know that we don`t that has convinced them that assad is responsible?
Why even bother sending the U.N. inspectors since at this point the "administration" is convinced they have enough evidence already to prove who did it?
Would it be too much to ask for them to show the taxpayers this proof? since it`s the taxpayers who are paying for all those expensive missiles that are going to be used in retaliation.

Well did you need proof for believing James Holmes was the lone wolf shooter at Aurora?
What about the 2 Chechen bros at Boston?

We have reached the point the media can state culpability as fact even before investigations are even concluded and the populace will believe them no question asked, allowing the government(s) to get away with pretty much everything.

About "showing proof", nowdays people who ask for such a thing are automatically labeled "nutjobs" "conspiracty theorists" and shunned/ruined by the MSM.
Both socially and career-wise.
edit on 25-8-2013 by AurelioMaghe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

A few quotes from the only justifications I can find currently (link below to latest one):

"A Government source added that even if UN inspectors visited the site of the attack, “we would need convincing by the UN team that this was not the regime’s attack because we believe everything points to the fact that it was”."

So they know in advance that the UN will not find any any evidence to convince that this was an attack from anyone else?

"The Prime Minister, however, is believed to have abandoned hope of securing any further meaningful response from the UN amid opposition from Russia."

This doesn't even make sense. Opposition from Russia (who thus far appears to want an investigation), means the UN is no longer an impartial player?

"Officials said the Assad regime has continued bombarding the area in the days since the attack, making it likely that any evidence which could establish who was responsible will have been destroyed."

We all know they are saying this. Throw any attempt to investigate out the window due to assumptions.

I wouldn't live in this Country, nor under a regime like this but I think it's important to practice what we preach (in all fairness this is not just the US). At minimum an investigation should be attempted. All I'm hearing is that someone has to pay and we "feel strongly" - therefore that's enough proof for us. "What if" (small but possible chance), this was a rebel or terrorist group?

If they have proof from a satellite or some other top secret source they can at least state they have non disputable evidence. At least they are being honest in saying they just "feel strongly"

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 25-8-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

From my point of view the u.s dont want to blame the rebels because the u.s has been arming them... from what i remember awhile back. So the u.s dont want to be wrong for arming the rebels andlook foolish
edit on 25-8-2013 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Sen. Corker is an embarrassment to his state ... as are most of the U.S. elected federal officials. There is no validity or truth to these allegations against the Assad government. The reality is that up to this moment only the American backed "Syrian" rebels (who are al-Qaeda) have been using chemical weapons, slaughtering women and children, destroying churches, and destroying Christian villages.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Why would he use chemicals? He can kill 10,000 with bullets and no one would make a move, but kill 10 with chemicals and the world would come down on top of him. Chemicals are also not very efficient or tactical if the area is one that they want to takeover.

Because of this I'm assuming he didn't use chemicals, though someone did. Really looks like a setup, or he is very stupid.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
To me, it all boils down to this . . . if the Syrian rebels are eradicated, so to is the need for billions of dollars in spending to the right 'pockets' in the name of national security. Who the hell is Homeland Security going to be protecting us from if Al Qaida - aka the Syrian Rebels - are removed from the face of the earth.

It isn't in the military industrial complex's best interests to see Al Qaida gone from their biggest base . . . Syria . . . so why not fund them . . . arm them . . . blow away their enemies under the guise of 'saving lives'.

In reality, the only thing they're interested in saving is their endless revenue stream and guaranteed profits.

It blows, but there ain't doodley we can or will do about it because it isn't PC to support the Assad regime.\\

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Who needs poroof? I believe everything my government tells me. They have convinced me over and again there is genuine need for invading other countries...

Here...

And here...

Oh, and this...

Then theres the yellow cake...

But my all time favorite proof of evidence of WMD is this...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
umm the torah is jewish... not islamic

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
You seem to all forget about the Havok that was caused in Egypt not that long ago.

Personally i don't think you can blame this all on the US. I legit think that there are REAL Islamist extremeists out there.

I mean if you read the Torah.
You kind of get an idea of what these people believe in. Muhammed believed in some very strange superstitions. And spread unessisary ones like killing all black dogs with read eyes?
Yeah shoot the hell hounds of Hades. Sounds like a great idea. If you want to have your soul devoured.

I pray for the citizens of syria Who are innocient in these affairs. But we all saw the chemical weapons.
We know that the tourmoil in Egypt was partly caused by this. This isn't just one event leading to the next.
This looks completely out of sych.

Do you honestly think they will beable to get a pipe line in there if the state goes up in arms?
Think in afganistan and other areas are not quelled. Why would you think they would just brush this over.
it took nearly a decade to sort Iraq out.

And besides, World war? on whos part. IF i recall the last world war excluded the middle east... They were kinda not even present at all.

So now everyones up in arms because Islam can't get away with what ever they want? you must be joking.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Why would he use chemicals? He can kill 10,000 with bullets and no one would make a move, but kill 10 with chemicals and the world would come down on top of him. Chemicals are also not very efficient or tactical if the area is one that they want to takeover.

Because of this I'm assuming he didn't use chemicals, though someone did. Really looks like a setup, or he is very stupid.

Because he can and hes nuts! Hes done the bullits bit already. Hes done it because he thinks he can get away with it and he believes Russia has his back. These nut jobs like Mad Sad, Chemical Ali, Gaddaffi, Mugabe and so dont give a rats ass because they think they are Gods!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Its constant drama in the Middle East. Its a way of life for these people, and I often wonder about an ability to have things be peaceful. I don't see it in my lifetime unless the entire region hits a whole new bottom. Gas mask distributions quadrupled on Sunday in Israel. People are cleaning out and stocking bomb shelters. Is it just a way of life (habit/anticipation) or do they absolutely know there is going to be a fall out this time? Syria stated if attacked the whole Middle East will go up in fire and smoke. I fear this guy isn't going down easily. If he knows its the end of him he may very well planning to let all the bombs go off at once (innocent of this latest attack or not). Unless this is a surprise attack (unlikely with the media) it seems he will be ready.

www.israelnationalnews.com...
www.israelnationalnews.com...
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Congratulations. You've reached the 'very little doubt' level. You may now proceed with fighting an undeclared war with dictator over throw component.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Congratulations. You've reached the 'very little doubt' level. You may now proceed with fighting an undeclared war with dictator over throw component.

Achievement unlocked

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join