It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria says any U.S. military action would inflame Middle East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Syria says any U.S. military action would

uk.reuters.com

Syria warned the United States against any military action over a suspected chemical weapons attack in its civil war, saying it would "create a ball of fire that will inflame the Middle East".
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 25-8-2013 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A fire ball what does this mean ? I hope nothing bad happens :/ starting to look more and more bad.

But this exchange of words between them would only be sabre rattling?

President Bashar al-Assad's closest ally Iran also said Washington should not cross the "red line" on Syria, where doctors said hundreds were killed in a poison gas attack.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

President Bashar al-Assad's closest ally Iran also said Washington should not cross the "red line" on Syria, where doctors said hundreds were killed in a poison gas attack.

And what is the benefits for the UK in this ?

I think the question should be who used those weapons and where did it come from?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Nothing is going to happen so dont even worry. No way Obama orders any kind of attack whatsoever. The most that is going to happen is a joint statement saying "If Syria does this again, then...."

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I love the absolutes people use in this, as I'm sure we'll all remember in a few days or weeks who said they were positive it wouldn't happen.

Personally, I remember people being POSITIVE United States Marines wouldn't be needed on the little island of Grenada or it would be a cake walk with no losses if they were. Yeah.. that went well.

Then of course, Noriega would never be a fool and push it to the limit. He;'d back down before invasi....errr..Oh, Just Cause, here we come. Invaded. Arrested. Bagged and tagged into a US Federal prison for many many years to come. Of course... Saddam only wanted Kuwait and would NEVER attack Saudi Arabia ...and would definitely leave Kuwait before being ejected... Err... Oh.. Wait.. He didn't.. He DID push it to war.

and Somalia.. and Serbia... and and well, I'd be rich if I had a nickle for every combat action that people were positive would never ever happen.

The only absolute is that the people who have this planned out beyond the end we see? Absolutely aren't letting on how it's supposed to turn out. We'll all find out together.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
You guys better sit down for this, I know it will be hard to believe but Syria is right on this and we DO NOT need to shed 1 micron of blood for the stabilization of Syria's civil war.

Our "influence" will be far better served by dropping food and medicine,not weapons to prolong that fight.

We sat on our collective hands on Darfur but now we are the humanitarians by attacking Syria.I want my long deserved break.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Nothing is going to happen so dont even worry. No way Obama orders any kind of attack whatsoever. The most that is going to happen is a joint statement saying "If Syria does this again, then...."

yeah... but the administration will just redirect the Naval aircraft carriers and cruise missile ships from a position around Syria to locations off Egypt and the Sinai
so the USA can take control of the Suez canal for continued/uninterrupted global trade

~remember the administration policy.... never let a good crisis go to waste~
heck fire the Øbama, freedom fighters (AQ, Jihadist, anti-alawites, Salafists...) are armed with USA weapons and chemical agents from the Syrian weapons depots the rebels had already captured... so the fight will go on against the Russian supplied Syrians of Assad without the US using the cruise missiles or pioleted aircrafts in Syrian skies
edit on 25-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

thanks
edit on 25-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I really hope nothing happens-The consequences of US involvement could well kick off WW3 proper.
If the US go in,they better be able to take out each and every chem weapon-If they don't,Assad may see his doom coming,and launch a load of nerve gas at Israel for the hell of it.
Israel would probably then nuke Damascus.

Could the US take out everything in less time it takes for Assad to start loosing off chems?
I doubt it myself.
But will they go in?
maybe.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deviant300
A fire ball what does this mean ? I hope nothing bad happens :/ starting to look more and more bad.

It's quite obvious what it means. We're not welcome. Simple as that, and as such, we should be wise enough to heed it instead of storming in like Mother America knows best. We've worn out our welcome, and we'd be better off letting them resolve their own conflicts. As I've said before, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, all going in will do is create more resentment and hate towards us no matter the intentions. Another poster mentioned food & medicine drops. That is a more ideal way of assisting, but I doubt our presence for that would be well-received. A country acting as middleman would probably be a better option.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Syria says any U.S. military action would inflame Middle East,

Yeah .. because Syria and the rest of that area are so peaceful now .... we'd come in and ruin it. (sarcasm). I don't think we should have anything to do with Syria ... but the truth is that the whole place is one stink'n cesspool. And the actions of both the Syrian government and the rebels are already 'inflaming the middle east'.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Syria says any U.S. military action would inflame Middle East,

Yeah .. because Syria and the rest of that area are so peaceful now .... we'd come in and ruin it. (sarcasm). I don't think we should have anything to do with Syria ... but the truth is that the whole place is one stink'n cesspool. And the actions of both the Syrian government and the rebels are already 'inflaming the middle east'.

Ha ha, tell if like it is. Personally I think it would be a good place to get rid of some of our aging nukes, fookum and nuke um. All of them but Egypt, kinda like Egypt, always wanted to see the pyramids lol. No seriously Nuke um and let's move on lol.

Sometimes don't you just wish you could just send in some ninjas and be done with it, lol.

The Bot

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Inflame the middle east?

It's like throwing a stick match into a raging blast furnace.

top topics

join