It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are being LIED to about Syria and Chemical Weapons Use

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Assad is gassing his people...

We do not have a domestic spying program...

We do not have an urgent deficit crisis...

Nothing but talking points. None are true. He does not believe them nor does he care. His job, as was his predecessors, is to repeat them. The MSM's job is to echo them. Our job is to lap them up or completely ignore them.

It gets to the point where a caring and honest person almost jumps at the chance to be sand in the gears.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
It gets to the point where a caring and honest person almost jumps at the chance to be sand in the gears.

We need men and women of character at all points inside the machine to open their eyes to their role in the criminal destruction of the middle east. We need people like Snowden coming forward with documentation of the regime's real conduct.

Education is the first hurdle. Action will occur when a critical mass of people start waking up. Hopefully soon.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

We are being LIED to about libya and X !

We are being LIED to about Iraq and X!

people will still fall for it hook line and sinker.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The USA has always had a misguided foreign policy where Muslims are concerned and have sided with Sunni Muslims against all others. That the USA got this wrong is no wonder because until the fall of the Shah of Iran the CIA and other US intelligence agencies did not regard 'religion' as an area of concern. The USA has continued on in its misguided analysis that Sunni/Wahhabi = "good" and Shia/Alawi="bad".

Now the USA continues to do the Saudi and Qatari's bidding so that Syria can be moved out of the "Shia" column and into the "Sunni" column of control. Disaster upon disaster upon disaster all due to good old American ignorance of what the internal conflicts in Islam are all about.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Melekim because: spelling correction

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Ya but but what about the poor children? surely they need more bombs?
edit on 25-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

How do you know we are being lied to? What evidence do you have to back up that claim? Saying Assad wouldn't use chemical weapons because he has plenty of conventional weapons doesn't make sense. He has both weapons and why have them if your not prepared to use them? It has been known for years that Syria has the world's largest known stockpile of chemical weapons. What exactly does a tyrant look like? Do tyrants have a "look"? Isn't the best way to becoming a tyrant to act like your not a tyrant so people will believe your not gonna be a tyrant? I'm not saying that I believe the things that come from our government but not everything they say is a lie!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well since my country is starting to drum the war drum (Canada) I can see an invasion in Syria very soon.

Make no mistake, this has nothing to do with the poor people of Syria, this has to do with the US and the shadow elite wanting to bring Iran into this war. They want to control the Straits of Hormuz / with the combo of controlling the canal in Egypt they have a stranglehold on the movement of oil out of the middle east.

Only reason this hasn't already happened in Russia, but I don't think Putin is ready to go to war over Syria.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Putin will not sit idly by and watch it's ally and his reputation get run over, when and if this goes down, expect it to go regional. a complete leap of faith, but that's my take on it.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by Trueman

Maybe we should have made Assad the winner of the nobel peace prize instead?
lol...

You know this is a bit of a cliche, but perhaps many Assad lovers should just up and move to Syria.
You know, in order to escape the terribleness at home that you take for granted.

edit on 25-8-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

Oh, make no mistake, Assad isn't a saint at all. Same goes for Putin.

But lets take a look at the countries that the US has "liberated". Iraq and Lybia - how well off are they right now? They were better off before the US got involved.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by MidnightTide

Well he better s**t or get off the pot, soon there wont be anything left to fight over.

Never was about the people, this is just war for the sake of controlling the flow of oil out of the middle east.....with the side benefit of all those arms contracts.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Overwhelming support for Assad here that's for sure!

But that won't stop me from putting in my two cents

Assad is a dictator who has committed atrocities during his tenure.
-Wouldn't suprize me if he used chems on his own people at all.
-Not sure why so many people consider him a hero, Santa, Jesus, whatever..I think he;s a murderer.

Since Wednesday, the 20-strong team has been waiting in a Damascus luxury hotel a few miles from the site of what appears to have been the world's worst chemical weapons attack since Saddam Hussein's forces gassed thousands of Iraqi Kurds in 1988.

waiting since wed. lol. The writing is on the wall, games over, sorry for your loss :/
edit on 25-8-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your input, but can you please cite these atrocities that you are referring to just so we have some food for thought?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Originally posted by mideast
Why do you think that Assad is not fool enough to use those weapons and open the ways to invasions ?

I think it is time for other American people to wake up too.

Was OBL fool enough to destroy two building to let the greatest army of the planet into Afghanistan ?

Was Saddam fool enough to let this happen to himself and to Iraq ?

Is Iran fool enough to make nuclear bombs and use it against the countries who have many many enhanced nuclear bombs ?

I agree.

They had it coming and lacked benefit of the doubt. Bad people become bad by being bad. There're bad people in this world and they do not listen to reason and don't follow the rules.

I remember the whole Libya thing and I recall Gaddafi doing a series of aggressive speeches calling on his people to murder the rebels and the haters. Why would he do that if he knew it would only feed the Western conspiracy to destroy him? Why would he continue to be aggressive?

Assad has already killed 100,000 and the problem will just grow. We have to act if we want to do the right thing. Otherwise, we can sit back and watch as he slaughters more innocent people. IMHO, we've already waited too long. We've given Russia and China too much sway in the discussions.
edit on 25-8-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Correction, Assad's FORCES have put down 100K rebels who are trying to take over the country. The question is, who is behind the forces? We already have rumors that the US Is supplying the rebels. So doesn't he have a right to defend his regime AND himself?

You make it sound as if he is slaughtering people just because he can and that simply is not the case.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrothead0333

How do you know we are being lied to? What evidence do you have to back up that claim? Saying Assad wouldn't use chemical weapons because he has plenty of conventional weapons doesn't make sense. He has both weapons and why have them if your not prepared to use them? It has been known for years that Syria has the world's largest known stockpile of chemical weapons. What exactly does a tyrant look like? Do tyrants have a "look"? Isn't the best way to becoming a tyrant to act like your not a tyrant so people will believe your not gonna be a tyrant? I'm not saying that I believe the things that come from our government but not everything they say is a lie!

True, but they will lie when it suits them.

Many countries still have chemical weapons stockpiles left over from the cold war. Weapons and know how supplied either by the west or the soviets depending on the nation.

If both sides of a conflict have chemical weapons and one side has everything to lose from their use and the other side has everything to gain then its reasonable that suspicion would fall on one side rather than the other.

The Assad regime has been doing rather well since Hezbollah piled in on their side in numbers. They had nothing to gain by launching a chemical weapon attack that has a good chance of giving the west an excuse to pound on them.

The only people with anything to gain are the rebels. You know, those friendly heart chomping Al Qaeda types.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by mideast

Sorry, when I made my post I misread and thought you were making a point that Assad will do the wrongheaded thing irregardless of the existence of any western conspiracy to destroy him. I thought you gave OBL and Saddam and Gaddafi as examples of people who did wrongheaded things.

Many people in this thread are asking why Assad would gas his own people just as UN inspectors arrive and despite the western conspiracy to destroy him. Why would he use chemical weapons when he has access to military-grade conventional weapons and possibly Russian intelligence? My response to all these people is why did Japan think it could win a war against the US, a far larger country with a much greater industrial capability? These people are giving too much credit to Assad. They're also greatly underestimating his egomaniacal character. Tyrants are fiercely proud of themselves, to a fault. In fact, their blindness of their own character flaws is the primary reason they become so powerful (and dangerous) in the first place. Ultimately, it sets them up for failure.
edit on 25-8-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Can you cite any known events that show that Assad is "Egomaniacal"? As far as I am concerned, other than supporting Hussein and potentially welcoming the stashing of WMD in Syria before we invaded Iraq, Assad has been pretty quiet.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Quo bono?

Who benefits from a US invasion of Syria?

EXCELLENT Question Beezer!! Once we have revealed the answer, I think we will all be surprised.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Interesting. Any coincidence with the whole Syria thing? Perhaps they are expanding operations or preparing to invade. (a friend from the Marines posted this)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by votan

Ya but but what about the poor children? surely they need more bombs?

only if they are being tossed out of incubators but not really

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the rebel factions were the ones to use chemical weapons as a false flag to get America involved. The Zionist media (cnn msnbc fox) in America are leading a propaganda campaign to portray the Syrian government as the aggressors. The US is looking for an excuse to take out Syria's antiaircraft weapons. Once it's done Israel will have a clear path to Iran to take out their nuclear program.

If the US attacks Syria and their backs are to the wall who's to say they won't launch chemical weapons are Israel? After seeing what the US did to Saddam in Iraq if I were Assad and knew my days were numbered I'd take Israel out with me. This could get real messy.

Personally I'm sick of my government sticking it's nose in every conflict. We need to mind our own business and quit being the world police force.

edit on 25-8-2013 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by beezzer

Quo bono?

Who benefits from a US invasion of Syria?

EXCELLENT Question Beezer!! Once we have revealed the answer, I think we will all be surprised.

I reckon it goes like this.

Winners (assumes a tame sunni govt can be installed):

Saudi Arabia and the other Sunni Gulf states - Creates another Sunni aligned nation to encircle Iran.
Israel - Chops Hebbollah off at the knees logistically and probably kills a lot of them in the process (double win)
Europe - Allows the proposed Qatar to Turkey Gas Pipeline to get built across Syria giving an alternative to Russian Gas.

Losers:

Russia - Loses the port and gets competition for the gas supply (putin sad face)
Alawites and other Syrian minorities - ethnic secterian murders and repression.
Iran - now more encircled than before (next on the list).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join