It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are being LIED to about Syria and Chemical Weapons Use

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Quo bono?

Who benefits from a US invasion of Syria?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The reasons why Syria is a target are several, I know of a few which are probably the main ones which I will list, there are probably many other reasons.

Powerful interests in Qatar wish to build a gas pipeline through Syria to Turkey and supply gas to Europe - they are the biggest exporter of gas, and have the largest known gas field in the world. They hate the Assad regime for many reasons, political, religious and also want to fund a new Syrian govt so they do not have to share profits. They have been funding rebels in Syria for years, supposedly to the tune of $3 billion US last year (I'm too lazy to link sources, google for Qatar and Syrian gas pipeline and you'll probably find stuff).

Saudi is concerned about the rising power of Qatar, so they are also funding rebels - with a view that after the Assad regime is toppled, they can force a power brokage agreement and gain political power in a new Syrian govt - or in the last case cause so much trouble that the Qatar backed rebels are unable to assume control.

Syria does not have a western central bank. This is due to Islamic laws, and also just using their brains. Western central banks always bribe and corrupt govts to take over a nation without war - its the usual method, which is why they like democracies - because they are the easiest to corrupt in this fashion. So if Syria is taken out, they can install such a bank.

Taking Syria cuts off a tonne of Irans border - they will be able to enforce sanctions more easily, and apply more pressure to Iran - weakening it for future attack, or causing it to capitulate. They also effectively then have Iran totally surrounded.

As I said, there's probably more reasons - but these are the ones Ive been able to discern with a fairly superficial search.

Russia is obviously interested because if this pipeline goes through, it will break Russia's current monopoly of being the supplier of gas to Europe.

Just to be clear, the sarin gas attack is a false flag by the 'rebels' The Rebels are not homogeneous, they are backed severally by the US govt (CIA), Qatar and Saudi - if Assad falls the fighting will just escalate.

The US scum want to take over in Syria to install a central bank, run the pipeline because it weakens Russia and gets them good real estate to push against Iran.

This is rich fkrs who are doing this, they dont care how many people they kill - they want to facilitate their own interests.

Regardless of what Assad has done, or is doing - far less people will die or be subject to tyranny by leaving Assad in power - the US govt will not install some lovely democratic govt in Syria. For a start it simply wont be able to, and even if it could do so - it would not, it will install a violent and ruthless dictator who will do their bidding.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Ah-ha...that passes the Occam's razor test. That explains, to me, why the Arab gulf states have wanted Assad out. I'd wondered about that, and it seems like it always comes down to money.

star for you!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the Rebels used Chemical Weapons to pin blame on the Syrian government so as to force a Western response against Assad. Remember, these Rebels consist of Al Qaeda fighters who wouldn't hesitate to release a weapon like this in a major western city if they could.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Keeping oil-rich countries in a state of unrest is hugely beneficial to US and UK oil companies, among others. Any one of Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Trinidad & Tobago, or a host of other countries could be incredibly wealthy and self-determined on oil profits alone. Hence, Operation Ajax in Iran in 1953. This set the tone for just about every country that ended up in turmoil since.

The thing to keep in mind here is that chemical weapons are just weapons. They generally aren't particularly powerful when compared against what we often term 'conventional weapons'. Death is death. Those who wish to reap death can do so in any number of ways.

Focusing on chemical weapons is simply the culmination of the propaganda campaign that the US clandestine services have been implementing since the formation of the CIA. It was the feeble excuse to trigger the 2003 strike against Iraq, and this is just another rendition of the same old crap.

Even if somebody bought into the propaganda, they still couldn't justify strikes on Syria by the US. There is no danger to the US. The only benefits are those which the current regime couldn't possible admit to because of their selfishness and arrogance.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well what about the status quo? Seems a lot of you are happy the way things are going there.

100 000 dead so far, so let's just cut this B.S about intervention destabilizing the region.
Seriously, do you know how dumb it sounds when people say we shouldn't do this or that in case we might destabilize the region??
Wake up call folks. The region is already destabilized beyond most of your comprehension.
Entire towns are in ruins. Assad is unable to take care of the problem. The rebels are unable to take care of the problem. Why? Cause both sides are the problem.
Ever think of that?

Oh God we might destabilize the country! . lol. Jesus wept.

edit on 25-8-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
We already have proof that a false-flag, chemical weapons attack was in the works

Who's we?

Do you have mice in your pocket?

Or are you talking about ATS proof? heheh.

As much as I totally loath quoting the mainstream propaganda sources, how about an Asian News International story released thru Yahoo News?

in.news.yahoo.com...

or

www.infowars.com...
(archived in case story removed)

The mice in my pocket are vast numbers of alternative news sites that have far more integrity than any MSM propaganda site.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Quick, Collin Powell for the Hail Mary....

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Let me add this.

I am Syrian by heritage. My great grandfather came to America in 1898, and lived until 1986 when he died and I was 31 years old.

So I lived in the culture, the food, the way of life, for a great deal of my life. And because I was submerged in the culture, you get to know the culture and the way Syrians think, the way they talk, the way they "are."

So when I watch Assad in that video that I posted, I am watching my Great Grandfather and his mannerisms. And just because of that, I can get a strong sense that Assad is telling the truth when he is asked if he gassed his people.

Just some insight as to why I have such a strong opinion on the subject.

That explains allot, give you props for admitting what we already knew. But, now you really should start looking over your shoulder. They will be coming lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Quo bono?

Who benefits from a US invasion of Syria?

"When one analyzes past acts of conquest and aggression as well as current and future imperialist moves, it becomes clear that there is rarely only one reason for the implementation of any aspect of an agenda on any level.

Although Anglo-American imperialism, by no means, began on September 11, 2001, overt acts of aggression, destabilization, and invasion have increased both in frequency and intensity since that time. Ever since 9/11, however, the people of the Western world and the American public in particular have been provided with “reasons” for these military adventures and, thanks to the alternative media and a small minority of courageous researchers, activists, etc., they have also been provided with the “real” reasons.

Taking several of the targets into consideration, these reasons include vast oil reserves, oil pipelines,[1] opium fields, strategic positioning, no-bid contracts for the defense industry and military-industrial complex, and mineral deposits."

www.blacklistednews.com...

Further down the page on the article, it talks about the biggie -- Syria does not have a foreign Central Bank.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
I have been preaching this for 6 months now. We are being lied to. Assad would not use chemical weapons -- he doesnt have to! He has plenty of conventional weapons at his disposal. Why would he risk being "taken out" by this rogue US White house that has taken out Mubarak, Quadafi, and even Hussein? 3 Dictators taken out so far. and now a forth?

Did you forget about Chavez and Kim?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Well what about the status quo? Seems a lot of you are happy the way things are going there.

100 000 dead so far, so let's just cut this B.S about intervention destabilizing the region.
Seriously, do you know how dumb it sounds when people say we shouldn't do this or that in case we might destabilize the region??
Wake up call folks. The region is already destabilized beyond most of your comprehension.
Entire towns are in ruins. Assad is unable to take care of the problem. The rebels are unable to take care of the problem. Why? Cause both sides are the problem.
Ever think of that?

I think it begs the question of why the region is unstable. Furthermore, if there actually were chemical weapons used, where did they come from? This whole thing started a long time ago. The precedent was set in the 50's. This is just another phase and Syria is just another victim.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't know if this article has been posted yet but this is a cowardly and disgusting display of abuse of power by "A senior US Official"

Syria Lets UN inspect Gas Attack Site, Washington Says Too Late

WTH?!

First of all... This "Senior US Official" is too cowardly to have his name on this? Is it somewhere else maybe? Oh, I hope so because I'd love to know exactly who this is speaking on behalf of everyone who is going to wind up being injured or killed in what is to come. Even while the president is supposed to be stalling and other people in Washington are reluctant to make hasty decisions... especially in light of the evidence mounting, the evidence in the past and the alleged satellite images concerning the gas attack... we have some anonymous "Senior US Official" who's credentials are being flaunted, yet without the courage to include his name in this article?

When are we going to DEMAND to stop being subjected to this kind of mental mockery?

Maybe the information is somewhere else online but until it passes before my eyes, I couldn't care less what this "Senior US Official" has to say. Apparently these people just like to hear themselves talk as if they already have all the answers, not to mention the lives of MANY people in their hands. It's nothing to them. NOTHING. Your brother, your sister, your sons and daughters who might serve, all the people in Syria, Iran and surrounding countries... their lives mean NOTHING... just disposable pawns on a chess board.

TOO LATE?

HEY... I got an idea. Why don't we at least TRY first before we let demented "Senior US Officials" flap their jaws in the breeze willy nilly and make world headlines with their magic 8 ball... and THEN decide if it is indeed "too late"

I mean, what... was this wise ass there when it happened? I DOUBT IT.

Why are these people still in office? WHY?

Meanwhile... Syria agrees to cooperate and maintains that it has never used chemical weapons on civilians. I don't know, Syria... maybe you have... maybe you haven't.. and maybe it's going to be like the question concerning how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop.

THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW.

VIDEO LINK- SYRIA'S INFORMATION MINISTER

Last night I read that US ships were afloat ready to strike Syria... and SUPPOSEDLY, China and Russia had agreed to this in case it was needed.

MORE WESTERN PROPAGANDA

There is very little to support that this was said in such context, but I read it from a major news source. I will find the link again later. Russia does NOT appear to be on board with a hasty strike against Syria but rather wants to allow the inspection to take place and is discouraging any pre-emptive measures. Iran is also speaking very strongly about this... mocking the "red line" terminology and has said the US will face serious consequences. This does not sound like a very good time to be making hasty decisions but as it draws near, start kissing your service friends goodbye... perhaps each other as well since this could get really big and really ugly and some in America are stupid enough to just think this government knows best and that as long as it doesn't effect them here at home, someone else will take care of the mess.

My prayers are with the people still remaining in Syria.
All of them have death staring them down each day when they wake up, if they get any sleep at all. We sleep while our government in the alleged greatest country on Earth has grown into an evil unstoppable monster and all we can seem to do is read the articles on it.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Perspective is a great thing and when reading any press release, you need to understand its context. The way the media works today is to use 'a source said …' in most articles. It is a far too common a journalistic trick to allow for any kind of spin on the story. This means nothing. Think about what they don't say in the article and you might begin to find grains of truth.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Ever think of that?

Thank you, excellent post. Especially, all the innocents that have been killed. Terrible to see all these precious little ones being slaughtered. Sad, it is the innocent who always suffer. Hundred thousand is very conservative number, the reality on the ground is likely twice that, 95% innocent. Not to mention the millions who have been displaced, their lives torn apart.

It is true we can't police the world but we should not stand by and let the children of the world be slaughtered. It should not just be the United states responding, the whole world should be responding to stop this.

There won't be a region to stabilize if the children keep dying....

The Bot

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeisalie

OP by phantomjack

So what better way -- make Assad look like a killer -- plant the poison gas and make it look like HE did it, when it was in fact a CIA backed rebel movement that did it.

If the circumstances were different, I wouldn't be surprised. The CIA has lent a helping hand in revolutions for decades.

But we're talking about civvies getting gassed without provocation, what would the C.I.A hope to achieve by these random acts of murder? Black Ops could remove the regime at any time if they wanted to, and there would be no need of a full scale intervention.

What I don't like is how the U.N constantly sits on their hands in situations like this, but that doesn't surprise me either. Four point plans and weapons inspections, that'll fix it.

Yeah, but the big question here is "Did anyone actually get gassed?"

As one other poster said, we have a billion dollar system in place, men on the ground satellites that can read the numbers off of a license plate,yet, all we get are these fake like photos of people in body bags.

Something isn't right here.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

I do not think you or I or anyone on this board can really know with certainty what is going on. None of us are in a position to 'know' only guess and then we could be widely wrong. However, what if the UN inspectors confirm use of chemical weapons. What then? Do we advocate doing nothing or should we intervene? You talk of your Syrian heritage giving you a better gauge on reading Assad's character. Well, what if he didn't give the order and imagining that all sorts of power games are afoot in his regime, what if a rogue general decided his weapon of choice for the day would be gas? The truth is, we don't know how fractured the Assad regime is and nor do we know who is vying for power behind the scenes.

I can agree with what you are saying.

I have no way of knowing this with certainty. Lets call it an educated hunch.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
according to press tv quatars al jazeera tv and reuters published this story 24 hours before it happened www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/08/23/320111/chemical/ i can see this getting nasty soon can somebody link this it is not working for me ?
edit on 25/8/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Perspective is a great thing and when reading any press release, you need to understand its context. The way the media works today is to use 'a source said …' in most articles. It is a far too common a journalistic trick to allow for any kind of spin on the story. This means nothing. Think about what they don't say in the article and you might begin to find grains of truth.

I'm all for digging for grains of truth and reading between the lines and all that... I've gotten pretty used to it in this age of disinfo and propaganda, but none of us should have to do this in the first place in this supposed great country where more information should be available to us concerning the decision making processes... and more importantly, what this official is trying to make the population of this country believe is obvious haste that this article shows.

Yes, it paints an obvious picture that someone is making yet another hasty decision and for that I am grateful... but the fact remains that some seem to think they can hide behind the walls of their positions and it's important to get past that blind respect, point it out to people and get them to notice these tired, lame tactics from "officials". These people are not fit to be running anything if they think all will simply believe their pre-judgment, but since their titles say they are... the sheep tend to go along with it. They under estimate the rest though... and have really lost touch with the mindset of America.

In other words, why is this headline even taking up a spot?
Why should anybody care what *some person* has to say... and at such an early juncture in the investigation? Simply to show us how inept some in Washington are? Fantastic. What a desperate approach to politics that is. When is someone going to get past this stupid psychology game the government on either side of the issues are playing with the people and just call spades what they are? Until the ones who know this work up the nerve to call it out, this crap will continue. It's not a game. Show a little integrity to the people of this country. Stop sucking up to the banks while pretending to have a better trick up the sleeve, the rich, big oil and the insane decision makers of the military... speak frank, it will garner more respect then trying to play psyche-ball with a news article that should be read in regards to "what it doesn't say" We don't have time for that. We've got a lot of other problems to sort out then having to decipher the secret meaning of news articles. I don't overcomplicated my approach to reading them. Simply put.. i don't give a DAMN what this person says if I don't know who it is because I don't blindly respect a title... an "official" title. They can take that title and stick it where the sun don't shine since "all men were created equal" Apparently, they need a damn reminder that some are not impressed by their expensive wasteful salaries and need to be taken down many notches.
edit on 25-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
This is EXACTLY what is happening, OP.

Well put.

Thank you. The clairvoyance I have on this is unbelievably strong.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join