It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars rovers photographs apparent disk-shaped UFOs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have merely marked rocks that are odd shaped as compared to the surrounding. And some of them distinctly odd and others not so. Following are the rocks that I found with some distinct features that stand out.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

Okay, so we can understand you better, and because the images in your above post are so over zoomed that the details in the image are lost due to pixelation, take a look at this image here:

Can you please look at it and tell us what rocks you feel are "odd shaped" as you call it as compared to the surroundings?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0pass
I have merely marked rock

I agree.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by 0pass

Okay, so we can understand you better, and because the images in your above post are so over zoomed that the details in the image are lost due to pixelation, take a look at this image here:

Can you please look at it and tell us what rocks you feel are "odd shaped" as you call it as compared to the surroundings?

None. All are same in shape, texture and color. Even if some of them have a regular shape, these are rocks in all the sense of the word even after zooming to 2x.

Compared to this, the images I have posted have distinct features and shapes as compared to the surrounding.

Reason why this caught my attention. I am not suggesting these are not rocks as well. I have observed that on closer scrutiny these odd shaped rocks that look strange from a distance ultimately turn our plain old rocks.

I will post some close shot images that are more clearer.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here is another image that shows the difference between rocks and distinct structures.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

We all know it's a pocket of swamp gas in an inversion in the atmosphere, backlit by a Chinese lantern. Can't you tell?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0pass

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by 0pass

None. All are same in shape, texture and color. Even if some of them have a regular shape, these are rocks in all the sense of the word even after zooming to 2x.

Compared to this, the images I have posted have distinct features and shapes as compared to the surrounding.

Reason why this caught my attention. I am not suggesting these are not rocks as well. I have observed that on closer scrutiny these odd shaped rocks that look strange from a distance ultimately turn our plain old rocks.

I will post some close shot images that are more clearer.

Really?

Yes, some rocks are rounded from weathering in my picture.

However, some rocks also have sharp edges and flat sides. So not all the rocks are shaped the same.

If you look closely not all the rocks have the same colors either.

So again: why do rocks on Mars have to have all the same or similar shape (especially if the rocks originated from lava or from shattered rock from a meteor impact)?

Why do rocks on Mars, all have to have the same color? Color implies the type of minerals that define what kind of rock it is (for example, a quartz rock here on Earth could look white, or have pink and purple hues, yet a piece of granite will be speckled with many kinds of minerals with many different colors. Lava could look grey, black, or even have a deep hue).

If a rock appears to have a shape that is close to the shape of a familiar object that is not a rock, then yes, I guess you could say it was "odd shaped" or "unusual".

But I fail to see why that would make it so special. There are literally MILLIONS of images you can access here on line of rocks here on Earth that look very strange or have very familiar shapes, all formed naturally.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I didn't want to do this, but you forced me to pull out the smoking gun for proof of life on Mars.

Dianne Feinstein hybrid cricket.

ETA: My bad... It might be Hillary.
edit on 29-8-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's been said already, but it's a speck of dust on the camera lens.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RUInsane

It's been said already, but it's a speck of dust on the camera lens.

Nope. It's noise.

Catch up.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Sand on the lens... [NEXT]

IRM

Good to see a veteran member making every post count and trying to add something substantive to a thread, but guess what bud? We know who you are, you don't need to tack on your initials and some cheesy emoticon string to finish your post off, or were you just trying to get a second line in there? Sigh.

Well.. If you knew me, you'd also be aware that I've signed off that way every post since 2007. There was simply no more to say other than what I said. I kept my opinion short. There was no need for me to be verbose. Just a quick tip before I go again. If you wish to appear smart, an ad-hominem is not the way. It just looks like you have less to say than me!

Cheers bud!

IRM

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
reply to post by InfaRedMan

sand you say big fella
, they may be filming the next Bondi Rescue on Mars then ?!

Scubes! Good to see you my friend!

Also good to see that we still have people here trying to keep the hordes honest! MSG me!

IRM

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Here is something interesting that I found out today. See the entire image towards the right.

Original Source
edit on 31-8-2013 by 0pass because: correct image

edit on 31-8-2013 by 0pass because: correction

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

Now I'm no image expert, but doesn't the pixilation of the arrows give you a clue?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am pretty sure Curiosity is still in the primary mission phase which was planned years in advance and approved for funding to complete a pretty specific set of proposed objectives designed to take up most if not all available mission time. When they complete all primary and science phase maybe they will get some free time to check interesting rocks selected from photos each containing hundreds and thousands of them.

When the Apollo guys went to the Moon, every single activity during the missions except maybe taking a dump were planned well in advance on Earth, literally down to the micro-activity level such as 'look out window 2 and find crater x below' or 'enter code ### into button z located on panel x' all of which had to be carried out by the crew with one second level timing accuracy from launch to landing back on earth.

So it's an uphill battle making a convincing argument of NASA conspiracy to ignore certain rocks that we find interesting after combing through fields of thousands of similar sized rocks that are so small and numerous that it's pretty impossible to establish a good artificial context. Curiosity needs to look for something bigger, something more than a funny shaped rock in a field of rocks if wants to shock the public. If it sees a gold plated monolith in one of the photos I don't think it will be ignored. The threshold for deviating from the primary mission plan must be pretty exceptional.

I am all for the idea of finding something alien on Mars (not just typical lip service from wannabe skeptic, my action is on the Moon). I am speaking against fellows self-sabotaging themselves by making grave accusations without some serious body of evidence consisting of more than a series of photos and personal statement.

edit on 31-8-2013 by PINGi14 because: clarity

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes. Curiosity did check out these set of rocks more closely but we have not heard anything special from NASA about these.

Original Source

If you zoom this picture, you might find a lot of stuff interesting.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

Again: care to share with us what you think makes each rock that you've pointed to with an arrow so special?

We'd really like to know what motivated you to place so many arrows.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If you enlarge the image you see some fine things that catch your attention. I am not sure what they are but look interesting nevertheless.

Just enlarging one of the sections/ Here it is.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Defiantly something unusual there, and if its an insect the whole thing" we are all alone in the universe" thing has just been busted wide open with our first Mars fly

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
There are hundreds other weird rocks on Mars. And I will try to post as many as I can after careful scrutiny.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join