It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars rovers photographs apparent disk-shaped UFOs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
After 60-some years you kids still don't know how to recognize weather balloon??

Mariner 9 arrived at Mars in 1971 -- the first spacecraft to orbit the Red Planet. Scientists were anxious to study the crisp new pictures it was expected to send back. Much of Mars had never been seen in any detail, and Mariner 9 would lift the veil at last.

Their feelings must have been mixed indeed when the first images arrived at mission control and revealed .... a world-wide haze. The surface of the entire planet was hidden by the biggest dust storm anyone had ever seen! Only Olympus Mons, a giant volcano 24 kilometers high, peeked above the clouds.

After a month the dust settled and Mariner 9 mapped the Red Planet with great success. Scientists have since learned that huge dust storms, dwarfing desert dust clouds on Earth, are fairly common on Mars.

source - NASA

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Thanks to all for their responses and for the great discussion. I had no idea this thread would get so many looks and comments.

As always, it seems we have a divided house. Those that believe Mars is a cold, dead world vs. those that think life may exist on Mars already.

The truth is, most of us had made up our mind on the subject before we posted. I know where I stand, before and after reading these posts. Thanks and good luck to everyone in their quest for knowledge.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5
The truth is, most of us had made up our mind on the subject before we posted. I know where I stand, before and after reading these posts. Thanks and good luck to everyone in their quest for knowledge.

There is not much to make up your mind on, as there is no proof of life on Mars yet. If proven to exist (life on Mars), even if bacterial life, this will open whole new ground for life in cosmos.

I am firm believer that we are not alone in universe, but fact that universe is much bigger then any of us can imagine, and it is actually getting bigger... I am doubtful that we will experience contact with any worlds outside of our own...

As for many UFO sitings, pictures etc... my phone now can make satellite fall on people head... or show UFO in sky... not very helpful for UFO researchers...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

As always, it seems we have a divided house. Those that believe Mars is a cold, dead world vs. those that think life may exist on Mars already.

I believe your dividing line is misplaced.

There are those who believe random specks on an image are actually martian flying machines and those who think they are just random specks on an image.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

There are those who believe random specks on an image are actually martian flying machines and those who think they are just random specks on an image.

No, I am thinking a little different. I don't know if the images represent space ships of ET origin. May so, maybe not.

But, I do know, in my heart and soul, that ET life is all around us. Here on earth, and likely with bases on the moon, Mars, and other neighboring bodies. Can't prove it to true right now , but that is what I believe.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Word choice

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

No, I am thinking a little different. I don't know if the images represent space ships of ET origin. May so, maybe not.

But, I do know, in my heart and soul, that ET life is all around us. Here on earth, and likely with bases on the moon, Mars, and other neighboring bodies. Can't prove it to true right now , but that is what I believe.

How different is that from people believing in holy books??

You can believe all you want, I decided to believe only to fact proven things.... in both, UFO and philosophical view...

On positive side, at least you did not see angels in that OP picture...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog

How different is that from people believing in holy books??

You can believe all you want, I decided to believe only to fact proven things.... in both, UFO and philosophical view...

On positive side, at least you did not see angels in that OP picture...

Faith is faith, so I get your point.

To be clear, my "faith", in part, is based on the testimony of thousands of modern-day humans who have had an experience with non-human intelligences.

In fact, I suspect that our supposed interaction with demons and angles is really interaction with various malevolent and benevolent beings. Since we didn't understand them, they were Gods and demons. Man of 2,000 years ago had no idea how to interpret what he saw, the great technology and "godly acts". So, these beings were mythicized.

That is my theory, part if it, anyway.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

This is a picture from a man-built rover, on another planet, taking a picture of something unidentified in the martian sky, and jokers everywhere

Something unidentified in the sky?

Cool pics, probably not a spaceship, but interesting. That classic saucer craft, seems like its manufactured from Saturn. Think abotu that.

What classic saucer craft? You just said "probably not a spaceship".

taking pics of UFO in a MARTIAN sky.

How have you concluded its an object and in the sky?

We are only here for TRUTH, no one comes to ats for comedy, they created accounts to find TRUTH and analyze what goes on within socciety, and outside of.

thats humor in my eyes, But I guess your serious, so I apologize and say every one has their own perceived view which will always clash on forums such these.
If there were no opposing views of your suggestion I quoted would the thread and photo be concluded its a saucer from Saturn by some? and if so would that be truth?

I have found that truth is a distant destination if your looking for it on the internet.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The first picture i seen in this thread looked like it could have been manipulated to look like a ufo but seeing other pictures in this thread now, looks more like digital noise.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If this was true it would be hoax being perpetuated to bring about the "alien messiah" idea. Which itself is a lie, as the "aliens" are not who they claim to be. Check out guys like LA Marzulli who has good info on the subject.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It can't be a reflection off of the lens from the tire can it?

What if this is just a screenshot on what they see? In other words, we can see their cursor on the image if they don't take it off from it and it just so happens that they use UFO cursors at NASA

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Without going through all of the comments in this thread, I will tell you now that (as a photographic expert) This can not be a dust particle. These photos are all on "Infinity" focus which means that level in which everything will be in focus is from the horizon.

Dust particles will NOT apear on an image which is focussed at infinity.

This is also not dust on the sensor. This camera would be sealed and since there are no lens changes, there is no opportunity for any debris to get inside

WHAT THIS IS:

The best way to explain this would be to liken it to a dead pixel on your computer monitor. The image sensor in the camera acts a lot like an LCD tv but in reverse, instead of outputting light in the form of many pixels, The image sensor in a camera CAPTURES the light in many pixels.

In color, this would appear as either a red of blue dot but because the photo is black and white, it appears as black.

There is no way that this is possibly a UFO because zoomed into 1/1 pixels, there would be LOTS of blur around the image, this is clearly a dead pixel because of how sharp it is.

One of the most dangerous things to the health of pixels on an image sensor or CCD block is radiation which im sure there is lots of on mars. Try you tubing videos of people shooting an laser down a camera lens.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Viper2097 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2013 by Viper2097 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by compressedFusion

Excellent reply!

I read this entire thread and this post it seems everyone after this missed. At first I thought ok this is interesting but then Phage mentioned noise and I remember a thread a while back on noise in photos from Mars. Then I came across your post which clearly shows noise imo. I don't see a UFO anymore but what the heck do I know?!

On a side note....I am all for UFO's and objects on Mars but I can also use reason when pics like this are presented. I want more than anyone to find life on Mars but why deny any other possibility because it doesn't fit in with what you want to believe?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Does not look like dust when the picture is blown up.Could be wrong though.Viper may be correct with the dead pixel.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I want more than anyone to find life on Mars but why deny any other possibility because it doesn't fit in with what you want to believe?

Well said, this should go for all sides.We must also realize that even with noise or dead pixels there could still be at the same time something else in a photo.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Do you know why some come out white and some black? I have seen photos with similar objects but only one and no other glitches or partilcles in the picture could "noise" do that also?

Originally posted by compressedFusion
reply to post by Jchristopher5

I haven't had a chance to go through the thread. Somebody may have pointed this out already. I believe this is noise. Look at the rover itself. It is covered in white noise and has a grouping of pixels that look like the same shape as the "object" in the sky. Please see the red circled pixels below

(original)

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

(edited)

edit on 25-8-2013 by compressedFusion because: Attempt to fixe reference to edited image (uploaded to my ats images)

edit on 25-8-2013 by compressedFusion because: I can't seem to get this right so I just added a link.

edit on 25-8-2013 by compressedFusion because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2013 by compressedFusion because: Ah you have to use pic instead of img

edit on 25-8-2013 by compressedFusion because: Added zoomed in pictures

edit on 25-8-2013 by compressedFusion because: Added rover noise pic

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Of course you CHOOSE to believe that. TO believe the other, equally non-proven, idea would be to admit that someone other than you makes the rules, that you will be accountable for your choices, and that yes, there really is ONE entity in charge. Just saying that if you believe "thousands" of people solely because you personally choose to find them credible despite their COMPLETE lack of proof, you are in the same "belief" pool as someone with a Bible or a Quran. Teh only difference is the thing in which you choose to place your faith.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

One of OUR Satellites?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
For the people who dont know whats noise is in a picture, all new cameras (digital) have two kind of chips CMOS or CCD, both this type of chips gets heated while taking pictures and this heat on the chip generates this white noise or you may call them hot pixels!, I know this because i am an amateur astronomer and white noise is very common on taking astrophotography thats why on astrophotography we use dark frames (taking black pictures) or a camera with the black cap on to counter the "white noise" or the heat on the chip or the camera needs to have a cooling system like peltier cooling or thermoelectricall cooling so the white noise of hot pixels are dissipated.

On this pictures i can see hot pixels (white round dots) because the chip is getting hotter, the black dots i may say I dont know, they arent hot pixels (hot pixels looks always white or white noise) so the only thing i can say is that something is really there or they are death pixels on the camera ( death pixels means of course a pixel on the chip is death and will not tranfer any image at all so it will be a black dot)

If they are death pixels is very easy to know this, in all the pictures you will se same exact black dots on the same postion regard of what the camera is taking photos, so if they appear on the rest of the photos and same postion they are death pixels! and this cant be repair in any way or form, if they dont then the camera actually take a photo of something.

Hope people can understand what i did explain.

By the way for white noise or hot pixels to appear on the chip because it gets heated and the climate should be too above frezzing, so whe should investigate what tempeture was that day and that hour when they took the pictures, what type of camera the rover uses (CMOS or CCD, how many megapixles , if its custome made chip or some commercial ones like sony or kodak and so on) and if its cooled or doesnt have any cooling system on it..

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

Static electricity. The mars rover was supposed to be covered in dust and dead years ago if not for electrostatic dust removal.

www.newscientist.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join