It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars rovers photographs apparent disk-shaped UFOs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEthicalSkeptic

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by Phage

I think it's noise.

Makes sense.

I have a $79 Kodak digital camera which never produces noise like this. And the data, transmits via an ANSI protocol that makes sure all the pixels transmit to the PC correctly.

I will send both my camera and its pic manager download software to NASA for the next rover mission.

Good catch.

Has your Kodak camera had to travel through tens of millions of miles through space, undergo tremendous G forces of acceleration and deceleration, be under the same air pressure as 30 miles above the Earth's surface, and exposed to temps that make Antarctica feel like a summer day in Miami?

Just curious.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It could be a weather balloon or swamp gas :-P

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Saltron

hurr. hurr.
That's a funny one. Think of it all by yourself?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5
I will be honest, Scott Waring and his UFO website are a little too much for me sometimes, and I am a UFO believer. Sometimes it seems he touts images that are questionable at best.

If even you, a self-described believer, acknowledge credibility problems I'm not sure how others are expected to accept wild claims made by this source. Especially since no "disc-shaped UFOs" are apparent as claimed.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The rear Hazcam takes stereo images, two shots simultaneously.

Here are the two images. (Seems to be a white UFO on the wheel assembly)

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 8/25/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/25/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting this Phage. After taking a brief glance at the zoomed picture for about .0025 seconds, it becomes patently apparent that whatever we're looking at here, it's the result of some type of camera interference. Had I actually vetted the picture properly before making my opening post, I imagine the tone would have been a bit different.

That said, I reserve the right to idiocy after 5 AM and not having slept for many, many hours. Thanks phage, and good eye!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup
id say it was swamp gas.. but there arent any swamps on mars are there?

Originally posted by Saltron

Don't be that "swamp gas guy".

The "swamp gas comment" and other horrible one liners

you know what grinds my gears?....."swamp gas" guy

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

Originally posted by filledcup
id say it was swamp gas.. but there arent any swamps on mars are there?

Originally posted by Saltron

Don't be that "swamp gas guy".

The "swamp gas comment" and other horrible one liners

you know what grinds my gears?....."swamp gas" guy

hahaha come on man why not. it's one of those things that i think can be considered a timeless classic lmao

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
My guess would be reference registration marks and/or cursors used to calibrate scale. I do not think they are noise, however, as pointed out earlier, the same image appears elsewhere in the frame and has a white on dark appearance, which would be what software would do to make the point stand out. Just a guess, but coupled with the general clarity of the 'unknown' in a blurry field of vision, it seems to fit. IMHO.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5
I will be honest, Scott Waring and his UFO website are a little too much for me sometimes, and I am a UFO believer. Sometimes it seems he touts images that are questionable at best. However, this one is an exception, IMO.

Assuming the rovers are actually on Mars (which I do) this is a very interesting image. Disk-shaped objects, on Mars, photographed in two different images. I can't buy that its a photographic artifact, but try to convince me otherwise.

You can also link to the original JPL photos at Scott Waring's site/ link below for more information.

UFO Sightings Daily

edit on 25-8-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: More concise title

"Artifact" is the new swamp gas. But I have to admit that in this pic, it does look like camera issues.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
one was pointed out on this pic from an older thread. see if you can spot the dot! haha.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 25-8-2013 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
one was pointed out on this pic from an older thread. see if you can spot the dot! haha.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 25-8-2013 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

Object in your link pic, AND in the OP pics, ALL look like solid objects IMO.

Unless someone can find some specific mention of software markers in UFO shapes lol.

Noise: I don't buy it. I see a lot of apparent white noise in these pics. But only a few odd dark "artifacts" so that implies they are really there IMO.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
I know a lot of people don't want these to be pictures of flying machines, but that doesn't mean they aren't. Good catch if you ask me. The "dust particle" theory is (always) a cop-out imo.

I had the same reaction. Unless it was photo shopped, its obviously not dust or sand. Perhaps there's something just too real about it, and the suggestion that we aren't on the top of the food chain.
edit on 25-8-2013 by g2v12 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

Yes, we are no longer on top of the food chain because tiny (I mean really freaking small) flying saucers from Mars may one day travel here and fly up our nasal passages and harvest our brains.

Or maybe we're just looking at some dust on the lens of the rover's camera and enlarging it with bicubic interpolation is giving it a flying saucer shape. But that would be totally crazy, right guys?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Or maybe we're just looking at some dust on the lens of the rover's camera and enlarging it with bicubic interpolation is giving it a flying saucer shape. But that would be totally crazy, right guys?

I actually would like to know what causes the different types of specs we see on these images. I don't know that dust has truly been captured and identified by an official source... or "noise" for that matter. I suspect there is a bit of both happening.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I dont understand why; reading through threads that peopel take serious, most of the posts are jokers trying to be funny? Is this is a forum for highschool students who are into conspiracies, and dont take matters seriously?

Every thread dealing with "ufos" or anything otherwordly, have repetitive lame jokers, rather serious opinions and analyses..

The maturity of the average posters on ATs anymore, is that of a highschool kid. Go to the majority of threads and you will find this.

This is a picture from a man-built rover, on another planet, taking a picture of something unidentified in the martian sky, and jokers everywhere
This site use to be a serious and mature place, where arguments, opinions and ideas were honest and respected.

Whatever, I guess simple things bother me

Cool pics, probably not a spaceship, but interesting. That classic saucer craft, seems like its manufactured from Saturn. Think abotu that. Its the only planet that looks like it, but we are suppose to believe ETs dont exist, especially in our solar system.
I always had this idea that the sacuer crafts were the same species creating the rings of Saturn, and basically governing this solar system..

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

I agree, its bloody annoying when people feel the need in EVERY thread to add the swamp gas joke or similar, its incredibly tedious. I'm not saying humour is bad but at least if you have to be a 'joker' at least be creative like the joke about the electron microscope in this thread, that IS funny and also on topic.

I like many have been here a long time, I actually had another account before this one for years but I forgot the password and email it was from with the change of providers so I've seen the rather stagnant use of the same jokes for 10+ years re UFO's and I realise that most threads turn out to be either hoaxes or misidentification but we also have some stunning valid threads that get hijacked by people doing the daft swamp gas joke or similar old unfunny statement.

Just repeating the old 'if you have nothing worth saying then say nothing' proverb, these threads rely on good input, if all you have done is join the thread to say 'har har swamp gas' then its just trolling, add to the thread eh?
edit on 26-8-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Let's say for arguments sake that there is intelligent life of some sort on Mars, and that life is capable of building and commandeering some sort of spacecraft. I could buy that..however I am left wondering something. If in fact said life truly exists, are they completely oblivious to the machine roaming around taking pictures? Because I'm nearly certain that if some foreign object started traversing the country-side here on Earth...someone would darn sure be checking that puppy out.

Things that make you go "hmm".

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I appreciate the reflective response brother. Its deffinately annoying.. And immature. We are adults, trying to find the truth about what goes on in society, government, and the world. There is no time and need for elementary jokers.

I think moderators and owners of this site should take it more seriously, as it gives ATS a bad rep. This place draws amazing and intelligent minds, there is no room for child like behavior and comments. We are only here for TRUTH, no one comes to ats for comedy, they created accounts to find TRUTH and analyze what goes on within socciety, and outside of.

As in this thread shows a great example; pictures taken from a robot that a government agency (Nasa) robbed tax payer dollars to creeate - taking pics of UFO in a MARTIAN sky.

*On topic* If that was dust on the lens - why wouldnt there be dust on the lens everyday? The thing drives over a dusty terrain 24/7, if dust is so common the lens would be clouded over by now? No one is there to whipe the lens, and I doubt the martian wind cleans the dust off. Does that make sense?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Don't get annoyed I was just joking about the swamp gas and the weather balloon, of course it's logical that there aren't either of the two items that we know of. I was just trying some sarcastic humor. If it means anything to you OP I really do find these pictures interesting, as I my self have actually witness UFO activity here in vegas wether it's extraterrestrial or man made.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join