It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That register of gun owners everyone is worried about - it exists!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Turns out the NRA has assembled it - in secret!

I'm sure they have a good reason tho - after all no lobby group for industry has ever done anything in secret that wasn't for the good of the country....right??

So I expect all the good reasons to come pouring out in this thread from all those people that know them......

The National Rifle Association has rallied gun owners — and raised tens of millions of dollars — campaigning against the threat of a national database of firearms or their owners.

But in fact, the sort of vast, secret database the NRA often warns of already exists, despite having been assembled largely without the knowledge or consent of gun owners. It is housed in the Virginia offices of the NRA itself. The country’s largest privately held database of current, former, and prospective gun owners is one of the powerful lobby’s secret weapons, expanding its influence well beyond its estimated 3 million members and bolstering its political supremacy.

That database has been built through years of acquiring gun permit registration lists from state and county offices, gathering names of new owners from the thousands of gun safety classes taught by NRA-certified instructors and by buying lists of attendees of gun shows, subscribers to gun magazines, and more, BuzzFeed has learned.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
And this is why I am not willingly on anyone's list, even though I am a gun owner I am not registered with the NRA and I am not a registered Republican. If it's a list STAY OFF it or try hard to stay off it.

On a good note, I still have a few AR-15 80%lowers left, if anyone is interested U2 me.
thank you!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Turns out the NRA has assembled it - in secret!

I'm sure they have a good reason tho - after all no lobby group for industry has ever done anything in secret that wasn't for the good of the country....right??

So I expect all the good reasons to come pouring out in this thread from all those people that know them......

The National Rifle Association has rallied gun owners — and raised tens of millions of dollars — campaigning against the threat of a national database of firearms or their owners.

But in fact, the sort of vast, secret database the NRA often warns of already exists, despite having been assembled largely without the knowledge or consent of gun owners. It is housed in the Virginia offices of the NRA itself. The country’s largest privately held database of current, former, and prospective gun owners is one of the powerful lobby’s secret weapons, expanding its influence well beyond its estimated 3 million members and bolstering its political supremacy.

That database has been built through years of acquiring gun permit registration lists from state and county offices, gathering names of new owners from the thousands of gun safety classes taught by NRA-certified instructors and by buying lists of attendees of gun shows, subscribers to gun magazines, and more, BuzzFeed has learned.

Don't bother. This thread already exists and, because the NRA is not ran by Obama, nobody seemed to mind. It had 7 flags and 5 stars. Compare that to any of the million "Obama's takin' our gunz!" threads. Just wait for the justifications to start pouring in.

In case you are interested, here's the other thread so you can witness for yourself the apathy shown by gun owners.

new topics

join