It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith Healer Convinces Followers To Never Vaccinate, Now Church The Center Of Measles Outbreak (VIDE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

If you are vaccinated, you are supposed to have the resistance. What's the problem. If the vaccine works you won't have to worry about it. The disease is not forced on you. I thought that is why you got vaccinated.

The only people at risk are the individuals that don't get vaccinated, and these people will build natural resistance to it. The resistance is the same as the vaccine gives you...but better. That is well known.

Are you upset because you have received an inferior resistance to the disease? Take that up with the person who talked you into taking the shot.

Now, tetanus is a different thing all together. That immunity can wear off and the disease is deadly, not just an inconvenience to most like the flue and measles are.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

that plague you refer to is not extinct and shows up in new mexico amongst alot of other places in the world every year www.dailymail.co.uk... pretty sure their is only treatment for bubonic plague but no vaccination could be wrong though

en.wikipedia.org...

The plague resurfaced in the mid-19th century; like the Black Death, the Third Pandemic began in Central Asia. The disease killed millions in China and India—mostly a British possession at the time—and then spread worldwide. The outbreak continued into the early 20th century. In 1897, the city of Poona (now Pune) in India was severely affected by the outbreak.
note the term third pandemic.....meaning it keeps popping back up

In 1994, a plague outbreak in five Indian states caused an estimated 700 infections (including 52 deaths) and triggered a large migration of Indians within India as they tried to avoid the plague. In 1994 and 2010 cases were reported in Peru.[23] In 2010 a case was reported in Oregon, United States.[24] In 2012, cases were reported in Oregon and Colorado,[25][26] including a 7-year-old girl who contracted Bubonic plague while camping in southwest Colorado.[27] In September 2012 a herdsman in China (Sichuan province, Garzê Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture) was reported to have died of the disease after finding a dead marmot and eating it.[28]
far from dead

www.wired.com... on the topic of the plague and immunity it is theorized to play a part in aids/HIV immunity/ resistance

In the battle against Aids, scientists have acquired what looks like a potent new weapon. HIV, the virus that causes Aids, doesn’t infect everybody. Some people are simply born immune. It’s all down to their particular genetic make-up and researchers are beginning to understand where that genetic protection comes from. Stephen O’Brien from the US National Cancer Institute has discovered that a mutant form of one particular gene, called CCR5, confers protection against HIV. That same gene variant may well have arisen in Europe, as a direct response to the Black Death.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

think heard immunity comes into play where as if you get about 85-90% of the "herd" immunized you can make up for the lack of vaccinations in general immunity it seems the danger comes when you start to get less and less of the herd vaccinated that diseases tend to show up again and with a vengeance

science.howstuffworks.com...

www.cdc.gov... useful glossary of terms used in the industry
www.vaccinestoday.eu...
video on the matter

www.niaid.nih.gov... simple graph at link that helps explain the matter

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Correct me if I got it wrong:
Vaccination is nothing more as giving you dead cells of viruses, so your immune system makes anti-bodies. When you would get infected by this virus for real, your body has the anti-bodies to respond to that.

If you don't vaccinate, your body will have to both fight the virus and make the anti-bodies.

Now, I don't think there's anything wrong with not taking or taking vaccinations. You are more vulnerable to diseases though if you don't. That's the cost. Just be aware of that.

I think freedom of choice is important. The government demanding vaccination is a big no-no.
In the Netherlands we have a similar story, and religious people didn't do vaccination in the past simply because the government demanded it. It has become part of the religion to not vaccinate nowadays because of that, a expert told. I agree, it's not up to the government to decide.

I was going to write down my thought on the health industry in general but no. I can tell that I will vaccinate my children if I will have children. Until they are old enough to decide themselves.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by instigatah

the Amish do not vaccinate and their children are healthy

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

What I don't understand is why your kids don't get the immunity to measles when you have the immunity. Actually the measles live in your body, they just go dormant. Now with the measles vaccine are they giving you the ability to put the virus into dormancy or are they giving you the ability to fight it off. If you fight it, the histamine reactions should give you symptoms similar to what we see in measels, all we are doing when we get over the symptoms is to give us the ability to put the virus to sleep since the body does not appear to have the ability to kill it. I don't think that everyone just puts it to sleep and can get shingles, I think some people kill the virus and develop a defense. This defense may be passed on to the offspring while the "fight and sign a treaty" that occurs with most people would need to be acquired every generation.

I try to look at things from different angles often, this gives me an awareness that those who only repeat what they are told don't have.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirited75
reply to post by instigatah

the Amish do not vaccinate and their children are healthy

Their children suffer from the same diseases as everyone else and yes, they do vaccinate.

autism-news-beat.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

no, that was chicken pox parties, there nwas no vaccine and it is much worse when caught as an adult so they had chicken pox parties and exposed the kids to someone who had it to get it over with.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Pardon?

If you are vaccinated, you are supposed to have the resistance. What's the problem. If the vaccine works you won't have to worry about it. The disease is not forced on you. I thought that is why you got vaccinated.

The only people at risk are the individuals that don't get vaccinated, and these people will build natural resistance to it. The resistance is the same as the vaccine gives you...but better. That is well known.

Are you upset because you have received an inferior resistance to the disease? Take that up with the person who talked you into taking the shot.

Now, tetanus is a different thing all together. That immunity can wear off and the disease is deadly, not just an inconvenience to most like the flue and measles are.

I'm not upset at anything to do with what I've received at all.
What I used to get really upset at was seeing babies close to death with whooping cough when I used to work in a paediatric ICU.
In fact I still get upset about it when I think of it now too.
I also got upset at seeing several older children succumb to encephalitis due to measles.
Thankfully they didn't die but they're severely disabled for life.
I did see a couple of babies die as a result of measles.
ALL of those cases were avoidable.

Actually I could say that they were victims not of the diseases alone but of the ignorance of people like yourself who thinks they know all about vaccines after reading a few dodgy sites and YouTube videos.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

I take it that you've never heard of 'measles parties' then?

I went to a few as a kid.

By naturally contracting measles, we get natural life-long immunity most importantly via the normal infection routes, and not unnaturally through being injected with viral components directly into the blood stream bypassing our natural immune triggers.

with the "minor" caveat that you have to actually GET MEASLES for this to happen.

the whole point of vaccination is to lower or even avoid getting this DANGEROUS DISEASE in the first place.

Have you read the literature available that proves the huge majority of vaccinations (not all, but most) are a complete and utter scam?

It's out there and it's verifiable.

I have read the literature, peer reviewed, that shows that such claims are ignorant, egotistical, and more about preserving some power over a "flock" than public health.

I have never seen a single peer-reviewed paper supporting your stance.

The info has been posted on ATS more than once i believe and the links to the UK report on covering up negative vaccine results and damage caused by adulterants and preservatives and a lot of other things you would lose sleep over.

I've seen lots of such claims on here.

I've never lost sleep over any of them.

It's a personal choice issue...

It is a public health issue.

edit on 25-8-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

Actually, I study this stuff extensively, mostly studying the research that backs the interpretations. I rarely watch You tube videos, I do it the hard way by studying science. I do not object to science, I object to the misuse of science and the twisting of the research by some who desire to gain either prestige or money.

I understand the immune system better than most new doctors, I have more research into this subject than I would have received if I had finished medical school. Way more. I have more to compare the information to than a new doctor because I have seen and heard many peoples symptoms for years and have experienced sickness myself.

I also research all the medicines and the basis of vaccines. I look for alternative ways to treat or CURE disease.

I understand your concern of seeing the death and the problems that occurred, but remember, you were only seeing a few of the people who had gotten the measles, most handled it fine. Whooping cough is a little different but that vaccine is poor, it doesn't seem to work well, it changes really fast.

edit on 25-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
What a bunch of idiots not only are those kids suffering now but later in life they will most likely get shingles unless they break free of that cult and get vaccinated for shingles which they can get after turning 60.

They should be locked up for child abuse and reckless endangerment.

While we're at it we should also lock parents up for not better protecting their children from that possible tick bite in the woods or spider bite at home. We should make sure punishment is swift if they should be jumping around, or climb a tree and fall, becoming permanently injured. You cannot begin to lock people up or punish them for being human. We cant prevent every risk that can befall a human. We dont live in a padded world. What if the child with lukemia (which by the way the parent is well aware of low immunity so why would they expose that child to any risk), got a disease in another country and then spread it to an infant? Would that be child abuse too?

Choosing to not get a disease antibody injected into you is not child abuse. Because there is evidence that some vaccines can cause irreversible cognitive problems some opt out for certain ones (MMR being one of those). I dont care about the controvercy about autism. Its a risk. I would think if one child in the family had cognitive issues after vaccines it could be considered neglect to then opt for the second to get them at a young age. Take away that choice and we have big problems - where do the rules stop? In child cares there is no admittance if a child is not vaccinated (no exemptions allowed) due to the infant issue you speak of. Other than that people should always protect their children from disease using regular precautions (hand washing, not letting other people sneeze or cough on their infant, etc). If their child becomes ill they should seek out medical treatment.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

What a bunch of idiots not only are those kids suffering now but later in life they will most likely get shingles unless they break free of that cult and get vaccinated for shingles which they can get after turning 60.

While we're at it we should also lock parents up for not better protecting their children from that possible tick bite in the woods or spider bite at home. We should make sure punishment is swift if they should be jumping around, or climb a tree and fall, becoming permanently injured.

A subtle difference that is apparently lost on you is that a vaccine is a provable and proven medical treatment to prevent or lower the risk of catching a disease.

there is no equivalent for the miscellaneous problems that living life can often throw in our path.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Actually, I study this stuff extensively,
I do it the hard way by studying science.
I understand the immune system better than most new doctors
I have more research into this subject than I would have received if I had finished medical school.

If you're so knowledgeable about this topic, then why do you repeat the same bogus argument that comes up in any vaccination thread:

If you are vaccinated, you are supposed to have the resistance. What's the problem.

Same as said a few pages earlier by WhiteHat

But in fact there is no danger because all the children are vaccinated, except that community, so they won't be infected, they are safe. So why all the panic?

The old bogus argument goes that people who choose to get vaccinated are protected, so there should be no reason for them to force vaccinations on anyone else.

But thread after thread after thread the fact has to be retold that like any medical treatment, vaccinations are not 100 percent effective 100 percent of the time***, and "vaccinated" populations can still be at risk from the unvaccinated.

Now having said that yet again, I can guaranteee you that in the next vaccination thread, that false argument will be retold yet again. It never dies in the face of facts.

*** and nobody except the anti-vaccination crowd ever make the claim that vaccinations are 100 percent. Certainly neither the CDC, pharmaceutical companies, doctors nor actual medical researchers would EVER make that claim.
But anti-vaccination crowd do make the claim. In every single thread. The lie suits their argument.

edit on 25-8-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Dianec

While we're at it we should also lock parents up for not better protecting their children from that possible tick bite in the woods or spider bite at home. We should make sure punishment is swift if they should be jumping around, or climb a tree and fall, becoming permanently injured.

A subtle difference that is apparently lost on you is that a vaccine is a provable and proven medical treatment to prevent or lower the risk of catching a disease.

there is no equivalent for the miscellaneous problems that living life can often throw in our path.

Not true. One could argue using big spray on your kids is now required as an example to demonstrate how we could get carried away with "prevention" (Lyme disease). When does the line get drawn? Nothing was lost on me at all. Your wanting to criminalize people who choose to not vaccinate their children or receive them themselves. Are you from America? I personally don't want more rights taken away at this point in time. By the way - my children have always been fully vaccinated as have I. I do not judge those who choose differently however and find the benefits of freedom to choose what we put into our bodies outweighs the risk of catching a deadly disease (again - we can choose to have them as wellspring canbe protectedby those who don't have them).

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Aside from all of this "back in the day, we did it this way" talk, I'd like to point out to the OP, that Kenneth Copeland is hardly representative of the Christian faith.

He's a known huckster and con-man and any "teachings" he gives to his followers should in no way be considered Christian.

You may have issues with Christianity in general, but don't go lumping us all in with guys like him.

The vast amount of televangelists teach bastardized forms of Christianity.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I agree with @MysterX.

Sounds like a Measles Party...

People will do anything to take a shot at Christians and bash God.

Bogus thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Personally I think not vaccinating is simply irresponsible.

For such an evil and wicked practice, it's amazing how # of diseases plummeted and life expectancy increased after vaccinations became a regular practice. I'm not saying that vaccinations are all joy and rainbows, but it's better than the alternative.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

Sorry I was thinking of when I was a kid and we had polio which was feared because in the 1950's if you survived you seemed to end up in iron lungs. I know we got better at dealing with the disease, but it was considered a very dangerous illness before the vaccine seemed to eliminate it pretty much in the UK.

I cannot understand the logic of bringing it back again, but then health care is only about money today not the genuine care of the health of the public..

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
I agree with @MysterX.

Sounds like a Measles Party...

People will do anything to take a shot at Christians and bash God.

Bogus thread.

the disease is REAL - a "measles party" will actually infect kids - it means DELIBERATELY giving children a dangerous disease in het HOPE that they won't get a bad case of it.

How is that in any way responsible or good parenting??

What sort of world do you live in when you think that deliberately giving kids disease is a good thing??

You may think my thread is "bogus" - I think your comment is evil and stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join