It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A video of A bunch of people looking into the camera and flat out LYING! National security?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Not sure what you are advocating
However, I do think possibly we the people need to have the power to enact legislation that affects legislatures. A fourth Branch of power. The power of the people to be allowed by vote to enact provisions of law that apply to the legislature only. Be it term limits, we could vote that in. Be it, freezing their pay we could do that as well. A check on the legislatures, should make them realize who the real power comes from.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Not sure what you are advocating
However, I do think possibly we the people need to have the power to enact legislation that affects legislatures. A fourth Branch of power. The power of the people to be allowed by vote to enact provisions of law that apply to the legislature only. Be it term limits, we could vote that in. Be it, freezing their pay we could do that as well. A check on the legislatures, should make them realize who the real power comes from.

Yeah well that fourth branch of power was already summarily removed by hacked electronic voting machine. Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Excellent video. Question is, does anybody care? IF government would resign on this scandal, and re-elections are called on, would the next government do much better either? This is after all the "next" government, considering republicans got this started (while not even envisioning what this could do in the hands of democrats, or left extremists).

A total rewamp is needed in the political scenery. Accountability and respect for constitution, without this sort of gray area loop-holing. Neither politcal parties are able to provide this today. They need to clean up their ranks. All the con-men and bogies involved in this massive scam need to be brought to justice, and explain their position in this, and locked up for good.

Why does not the supreme court act on this issue at all? They are the institution who ultimately oversees the executive branch. They should step in and start the purge.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whlrwhlr

QUOTE:
Why does not the supreme court act on this issue at all? They are the institution who ultimately oversees the executive branch. They should step in and start the purge. END QUOTE:

I personally used to have allot more faith in the S. Court. However with some of the rulings and refusals of hearing cases (not to mention Obama Care ruling) I am wondering if (like another Op's thread posted) if the NSA has enough dirt on everyone to direct or suggest for political reasons, the outcome of any decision by anyone in power....? If corruption truly runs that deep then our representative government is no longer possible on issues that matter to the people.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Remember those great sugar coated penny candies that your folks used to come home with? A big bag of them... peppermint, orange,lemon,cherry,... and the licorice ones.... In a bowl, over a few days, the licorice were the only one's left. So, I decided to like them, and pick them over any other early on. Guess what?.. over time there was even cherry left in the bowl as last choice.... It is a lesson in human nature. We do as we take example from others, and then modify our preferences. As simple as this scenario is, it speaks volumes about the way we think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join