It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call to Gathering for Christian ATS'ers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by guitarplayer

No not totally correct, god has room for all his children.
Acts 16:31, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."
www.higherpraise.com...

Pray for your family and god may grant that his gift of faith may enter into there heart's also, also by being a christian in your house you set an example.

edit on 26-8-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

No one is born saved.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OP, have you ever seen "Transformations 1" on youtube: youtu.be...

on the Christian revivals worldwide.

In Guatamala when they had a revival the soil became many times more productive (which is actually Biblical
ld testament before Solomon asks God to enter the Temple there are verses where God promises to make the soil barren when we turn from him, but when we commit to Him He promises to restore the soil.)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I made a comment that was absolutely true with regard to the case with the 9 year old girl. I am a Christian, but that does not mean that I am immune to human urges and reactions.

In fact, I believe that my acknowledgment of that, makes me a better Christian.

There are far too many Christians who have adopted the 'holier than thou' attitude when it comes to others, and that is (in my opinion) equivalent to the attitude of the pharisees in the Bible. I am a human, I have a daily battle with my flesh; some days, I win, and some I lose. But I cannot deny my own humanity, it is that which makes it possible for me to be a Christian.

I said what I said because as a man, and a parent, I know what my reaction would be if that little girl had been my child.
Would I lament the fact that I failed to control my baser instincts? Absolutely, but I can't say that knowing that would change my reaction in real time.

In short, no, I am not pulling your leg, I am being as straightforward as possible with this thread.

And now, back to the topic.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verum1quaere
OP, have you ever seen "Transformations 1" on youtube: youtu.be...

on the Christian revivals worldwide.

In Guatamala when they had a revival the soil became many times more productive (which is actually Biblical
ld testament before Solomon asks God to enter the Temple there are verses where God promises to make the soil barren when we turn from him, but when we commit to Him He promises to restore the soil.)

I have not seen it, as I'm not very much into the revival scene.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

None shall enter heaven unless they are like unto a child, Let the little children come unto me!.
I am pretty certain you will not hear the screams of little children in the lake of fire and if I did I would not love god so I think we may be of different houses, My god is a merciful God whom so loved us he gave his only begotten son for our salvation, now I do not sense that in your word's.
Have you ever had an experience such as not so much hearing but being enveloped white you pray in an all powerful voice because you were willing to accept whatever god willed but were praying for others., would you accept your death and even your own eternal damnation and still love god and pray to him for others.
Because the god you seem to know is not the same one I believe in I am not going to argue on this point with you but a hateful god is not known unto me and he does save the children except the children of the devil whose sole purpose was to destroy his children and steal what was there's and His.

edit on 26-8-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

There is an age of accountablility so your point is mute. My point was no one is born saved. No one sprinkled with water as a baby grows up and has salvation. Many think that because they went through a certain class or someother religious church service or education they are saved.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
I was raised Christian so I suppose you could say I always was one, but I don't think I really understood it until I ended up messing around with some occult/satanism stuff and ended up opening a horrible can of worms that will probably haunt me for the rest of my life. My family went through some really crazy stuff as a result, and in the end Christ was the victor. As a result of those experiences, I have learned about what it means to really need redemption and forgiveness. I struggled a lot with my own salvation (and still do sometimes), but I also learned a lot. In a way, although what I experienced scarred me for life, it also left me no wiggle room as to how things work, and who is in charge. Thats the brief explanation

PS: I hope I didn't kill your thread

edit on 24-8-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

nice story! many former satanists say the same thing!

Christ is hope.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

LOL! the revival scene does not exist, so how could you be involved?

it is about empowerment through Christ's teachings: to pray and ask in His name, to love God and each other...

it is a profound doc people, especially Christians, need to see: the power of prayer is real. Evil is weak and exists because we allow it, in one form or another.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

You're an adult who believes in magic. Period.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
There is only one testimony that has any meaning at all ...Yahoshuas.

"The testimony of Yahoshua IS the spirit of prophecy"

This threads purpose is to elevate Christians above "non believers"(their term)and to castigate those that don't have a certain belief as if that makes them lower class citizens which is completely false and the rotten fruit of a corrupt spirit.Jiggerj is the resident atheist of ATS and God is no less saving him than anyone else.He is far from the most in need of saving.He goes before all the religious and corrupt of heart.

Everything in this life is about one thing.... Salvation...being delivered from the realm of valley of the "shadow " of death.That fact is EVERYONE is being delivered regardless of the elitist that think or believe that THEY alone are the chosen ones and the only children of God.That is blasphemy.That is one of the greatest atrocities that is being committed in this realm.The creator God is exposing the corruption of the heart in EVERYONE.

A prayer will not save anyone.There is absolutely NOTHING that will save anyone by what they do.All the doctrines of men they believe otherwise are false. The creator God IS saving EVERYONE yet no one is "saved" yet because it is a process not an event.It does not end at physical death.The scriptures don't attest to physical death being the cutoff point.There is none.God is merciful and just unlike corrupt men who believe the blasphemous doctrine of the eternal punishment of hell.

Here are just a very few scriptures that emphatically pronounce ALL mean are being saved and WILL be saved.Yahoshua did not fail as billions believe.This is the testimony and ONLY testimony that matters at all....... Yahoshua ..... God IS salvation.

1 Cor 15:22For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ shall ALL be made alive.

Philp 2:9 God also has highly exalted him, and given him a NAME (Yahoshua... God is salvation) which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus(Yahoshua) EVERY knee will bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that EVERY tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Heb. 2:9 "And he is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours ONLY but also for the sins of the WHOLE world."

1Timothy 2:3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God OUR Savior;Who WILL have ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering towards us, NOT WILLING that ANY should perish, but that ALL WILL come to repentance."

Titus 2:11 The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to ALL MEN."

1 John 4:14 We have seen, and do testify, that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior(Yahoshua) of the WORLD."

1 John 2:2.he (Yahoshua) "is" the sacrifice for our sins, and NOT for ours only but ALSO for the WHOLE world

1 Tim. 4:9-11 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, Who is the Savior of ALL MEN, especially of those who believe. These things command and teach."

John 12:47And if any man hear my words, and BELIEVE not, I judge him NOT: for I came NOT TO JUDGE the world, but to SAVE the world.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

Just out of curiosity, what version of the Bible are you quoting?

1 Cor 15:22For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ shall ALL be made alive.

Yes, we already know that all will be "made alive" in two separate resurrections to face judgement as outlined in John 5:21-19 and Revelation 20.

As for every verse where you have placed the word "WILL" in all capital letters, my KJV Bible uses the words shall and should. This is why I ask what version you are using.

As for the verses where you have placed the word "WORLD" in all capital letters, this only confirms that the Jews recognized and realized that salvation had been extended to the gentile nations too.

As for John 12:47, when Jesus came to earth in the flesh to be crucified, he did only come to bring salvation AT THAT TIME, but the Bible clearly states that he will return to judge, make war and set up a new kingdom.

Just making a few comparisons.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by the sloth

And you're an adult who apparently has an extremely poor level of reading comprehension.

From the OP:

It would be appreciated if non believers refrained from making attacks on the Christian faith in this thread, since there's plenty of other places on ATS to vent your feelings about Christianity, and this thread has been made for the sharing of testimony and fellowship, so please be respectful.

Do yourself a favor and grow up a little.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by guitarplayer

See there you go the OP asked for Christians to respond and like a good liberal you felt compeled to include everyone when everyone was not invited to the party. Please comply to the OP's request.

But ironically, and tragically, isn't that the dichotomy and the reason that we're so resented and the truths we wish to share, so reviled, this notion that it's an exclusive club, with outsiders not only excluded, but condemned even to eternal damnation?

The Christian party is a wedding celebration involving the communion and consummation of the Spirit and the Bride as an all-inclusive all-or-nothing proposition and invitation for which ALL are invited, where the first to refuse the invitation are those who's preoccupations and attachments prevent their realization or appropriation of the Great Gift, causing the invitation to go out to those who are more open-minded and willing and then with room to spare, to those with nothing to lose and everything to gain whereby it may be said that those who've been forgiven more, love more.

The narrow minded and ignorant presumption of that poster, and their no so veiled jab, simply reveals more about their own character, than anything to do with Christianity, just like how everything we say and do speaks clearly about who we are and how our heart works.

That said, that Christendom has done such a very poor job representing the invitation of all ages as an exclusive proposition of "believe and receive, or, go to hell" is it any wonder that there's all this backlash? From the outside looking in, it doesn't appear all that inviting and that, my friends is a crying shame, perhaps much worse than barbs tossed our way by atheist flag waving (what a strange concept) sycophantic naysayers, who ought to be smart enough to see and recognize how loathsome their behavior really is, by their own words and demeanor.

We all still have so much work to do, to really appropriate what is being offered to us by God in Christ and in really getting it and taking it all in, overflowing in love and forgiveness even to the degree that "outsiders" might become attracted to us as a pearl in formation fit to adorn the city gate.

There is nothing repelling about the the love of God made known and transparent through the person of Jesus Christ who's invitation extends itself in the most unlikely and unexpected, directions.

Of course it's obvious why the OP made the appeal they did, but at another level this whole exclusive club stuff isn't really in congruent alignment with the commission we've been given, to share and preach the Good News of the Gospel to the rest of the world, one person at a time, and I just don't see how it could be construed as a loving and open invitation to say to someone that if they do NOT accept it, they and everyone else on the "outside" will be condemned to hellfire and damnation.

Jesus is for all people and everyone in their heart of hearts is seeking him, who is also the very best of the best of who they really are and are meant to be and to become as children of a loving God.

So I can't condemn them or anyone, and humbly ask that they might reconsider the invitation that's being offered as a free gift that none of us are "worthy" to receive but that is offered to us anyway in spite of ourselves, and that's FUNNY! imho.

God bless you whoever gave me a star for this post.

We as "Christians" must wrestle with this issue, in terms of what many think is a demarcation point of salvation, and that I see as an outwardly rippling universal phenomenon of a compelling Christian enlightenment which is so compelling that it will leave atheists in its wake crying tears first of sorrow and then hilarity at the realization and recognition that we've all been "punk'd by God" in the best possible way.

Literalist fundamentalist conservative evangelical Christianity, by it's own belief and conviction that they alone have inherited heaven, not in this life mind you but only in the hereafter with everyone ELSE going to hell...well, let's just say that the joke is on them as much as it is on the devil within and without who as someone pointed out is very weak, and insecure and only propped up by a serious case of misunderstanding and plain human ignorance and stupidity.

It's very very funny but for reasons that none or very few of us ever suspected because the truth is in our own blindspot, contending with the deepest darkest depths of our own tendency for wickedness and betrayal and what greater betrayal is there than to take the Tree of Life in our midst and immediately re-translate it back into the tree of the duality of the knowledge of good and evil and of should and should not?

It is a very poor estimation of the human being as child of God which presumes that our default position and tendency is towards evil and we've all fallen short and and were at one time "outsiders". How loving and forgiving is it then, from the POV of a brother and disciple and friend of Jesus, as an "insider" to then have little if no concern for everyone ELSE who are going to hell for their unbelief?

Jesus taught us to love and pray for everyone, and in so doing cut straight through the evil in the world to the very heart of God which impinges on any and every person no matter how "hard-hearted" they may seem.

The Love of God in Jesus Christ as it extends itself to the most unloving, and even brutal in some cases, as the remedy to the problem of sin and evil in the world - that's our true commission, and our sent calling and the means by which we are engaged in a meaningful transformation of the world as intended by Jesus himself.

Many if not most of us in the entire domain of "Christendom" have in many ways dropped the ball in regards to precisely how we've presented the message and person and the character of Jesus to the world.

We can do so much better, and love so much more even to the degree that hell has no meaning and we find ourselves at the end of the Bible as the Bride of Christ offering, freely, the living water of the eternal evolutionary flow of life as it is and was meant to be enjoyed.

The exclusive and exclusionary doctrine, while it thinks it preserves the worth and value of the free gift of Grace, drains that value away by tampering with the "free" part.

It's just a fact of life that the true life that sets us free in eternity if a gift extended to us by God so that we might end up in partnership with God with we his people and He our God. It's the way it had to be, because most if not all people are total idiots, even to the degree that they think they know the truth but were blind.

Best Regards,

NAM

P.S. I'm still moved and delighted by the testimonies offered in this thread.

edit on 27-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by the sloth

You're woefully ignorant and blind in your most basic fundamental assumption about the Christian experience and what it really means and signifies both spiritually and psychologically and even metaphysically in the domain of all possibility.

How void and vacuous is this modern idea rooted in a dead materialist monism, with the human being nothing but a thing, and the whole of all creation, just a meaningless fluke.

Your worldview isn't workable or functional or formative.

Some of us have the courage to wrestle with the meaning of life, an issue which Christian thought addresses and magnifies, and you are missing out, not by choice but simply by a lack of imagination, curiosity and intelligence or comprehension.

P.S. Just stating the truth, I still love and pray for you and consider you a brother in the context and framework of the brotherhood of man, and of course you are fee to think whatever you wish no matter how simplistic or out of alignment with the truth and the reality it may be. Period.

edit on 27-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join