It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo + NSA = Complete Loss of Privacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Here's the rant...

My wife is in the hospital tonight. She will be there for at least the next four days. We wanted to set her up a Yahoo account so we could use the Yahoo IM to talk. Unfortunately, Yahoo now requires personal data like DOB and cell numbers JUST to get an email account to get and IM account.

Here we are with the NSA and Emperor Obama breathing down our necks at every turn... and they are asking us to share critically personal data online.

Here's the facts: Name, DOB, SSN are the triad of identity theft. Yahoo wants two of the three.

I could really spew some obscenity here but... I won't. But neither will we play the game of cattle tagging.

Yahoo can kiss my big old fat bohonkus!

My rant... thankl you and, have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Just about everywhere wants the details.

Just fill in with a load of BS, that's what I do.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

you are more than welcome to leave the country. i would help you leave if i could. i prefer my fellow americans to be a little more patriotic and respectful to our president.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Just set up two fake FB accounts and use FB chat in the same way one might use Yahoo messenger.

Another thought - Linux has a myriad of messaging programs that are far less intrusive - if that's an option. If she's using a mobile device for access - and it's an Android, those options should be available on her end.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

So here's what you do.

You LIE through your teeth.

I just made one, I gave them a VOIP cell phone number through SKYPE and a BS name as well as a BS DOB.

No problems at all.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
reply to post by redoubt

you are more than welcome to leave the country. i would help you leave if i could. i prefer my fellow americans to be a little more patriotic and respectful to our president.

Well unless you hand over your SSN, DOB, phone number, address, mothers maiden name and your sexual preferences, I rekon you're jkust trollin.

We all know anyone with anything important to say will abide by the regulations of the internet and hide behind no barriers.

Besides, it kinda goes beyojnd nations and borders.. this privacy issue. I cannot believe I've even got a cheap pre-paid mobile these days. simply to access some of the things now corrupted by enforced identification.

We've come such a long way, and no wonder, when we have people who either can't see the problem, or accept it with open arms and tell everyone else to sod off out of the country.

it's funny, in a sick twisted way.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I don't remember what it was for now, but one time I tried to give a BS cell phone # and it wouldn't accept it as valid !

Hope your wife gets well soon.
edit on 24-8-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What's better, i discovered this last night after my ex-wife went on a campaign of evil.......I have not changed one aspect on my account in three years with privacy....I was hidden, all you could see was my name.....now, you can view most of my timeline, and i checked my settings, everything is still as is.......yet, there i am for the world to see.......

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Google fake name generator. Click the link with a similar sounding name.

You might be able to create a I'd using a foreign name and info.

This is when your life lock service will kick in...if your SSN or address or name or email pops up.

Just use the info for fun - don't be dumb with it.

Sure your smarts will figure out the rest. Enjoy.

-CN

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Here's the rant...

My wife is in the hospital tonight. She will be there for at least the next four days. We wanted to set her up a Yahoo account so we could use the Yahoo IM to talk. Unfortunately, Yahoo now requires personal data like DOB and cell numbers JUST to get an email account to get and IM account.

Here we are with the NSA and Emperor Obama breathing down our necks at every turn... and they are asking us to share critically personal data online.

Here's the facts: Name, DOB, SSN are the triad of identity theft. Yahoo wants two of the three.

I could really spew some obscenity here but... I won't. But neither will we play the game of cattle tagging.

Yahoo can kiss my big old fat bohonkus!

My rant... thankl you and, have a nice day.

Skype would be tons better IMO. But my in-laws use yahoo IM for international voice/image chat, I'll ask them how they got past the security questions. They might of used real info.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

They couldn't remember the stuff they gave. They just use the service...

Sry I couldn't assist.

new topics

top topics

join