It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kill or Die. Your choice. What would you choose?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Morally, I would choose to say I would die. But, like most people, when it came time to test my mettle, I would surely choose to kill.

This whole thing rings of the old Twilight Zone "Button, Button." (Or for you younger folks, the recent movie "The Box." Or for you really old folks, from a line in "Genius of Christianity.") The premise is you are given the option to push a button that will kill a random person and you will receive a lump sum of cash. Just in your scenario, you presumably get to choose the victim and instead of money you get to go on living (until someone chooses you as their victim, of course).

Personally, I like this version the best...

Embedding on the video is disabled, but it's pretty funny if you have two minutes to spare.
Watch it here
edit on 8/24/2013 by cmdrkeenkid because: Video had embedding disabled.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

I'm not going to lie you screw with me or my family I'm taking you out. That's the marine corp training in me. Sorry but you don't count in the grand scheme of life.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by slednecktx

Admirable and quite acceptable, but the question is, given the choice between killing someone and being killed yourself, which do you choose? The assumption is they can kill you regardless of your training. Do you go out anf find someone to kill, or do you die from the radio controlled explosive implant in your heart, or by some other means they haven't told you about?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
ASK LL COOL J OKAY....

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gotya

I would assume the person telling me that was full of baloney, and tell them where to go.

That's just me, maybe.....

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Assuming there were no consequences of killing (like getting locked up), and the offer was legit beyond all doubt, I would kill certainly.
I would have two questions however:
1) Can you lend me a gun or something?
2) Only one? Can I kill more?

There are at least 10 people off the top off my head that I would kill without hesitation. I have come very close to killing them but refrained, this would just give me the chance.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I might kill to defend someone I love, or during the heat of a moment in a self defense sort of deal, I don't know. That is not the scenario you proposed in the OP. I like other posters do not wish to survive 'the end of the world', so I opt for death.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gotya

if we must pick one, then there really isn't a choice is there..? Each situation that would call for this decision to be made would have to be evaluated in the moment, and in the end there is always a 3rd choice... just walk away. or run away..

i think that our current culture in america seems to demand an answer to this question every time we flip on the news or go to an action or thriller movie.. and having to decide between fight or flight so often, understandably reduces us to a fairly primal state of mind.

-St1

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Didn't anybody in this thread watch "The Box"? There is no way that this scenario would go according to plan, stuff like that never does.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Strange many years ago i spent a long time thinking about this very thing ( in a slightly different form ) and i came to the conclusion that we do kill or take someones eases possiblty to exist by the fact we are alive. For something to live in this world something must die, for some thing to be born something must not be born. Dont know if that makes any sence to others but it does to me

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotya
Do you kill or die?

It depends on who I'd have to kill. If I thought they deserved to die then I'd kill them in order to survive and have no problem with it. If I thought the person didn't deserve it, then I'd chose to die instead. And yes, that's me playing judge ... but in that instance I would not have a problem with playing judge either.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well me being me,when Mr Ominous ultimatum man lays down the choice I think I'd give him the middle finger and advise him to 'spin on it !!!'.Not from any new agey - hippy type aversion to the option given but for the simple fact of being given an either/or ultimatum whatever it may be.I'm anti-authority unto the end and IF the world was just about to end then it's doubly important to go out sticking to your guns.lol.

The ultimatum sounds a little bit of a 'Monkey's Paw' bargain anyway.The ominous fellah said the world can't support me AND the person I don't kill so one of us has to go but,he also said,the world's ending anyway so what would I actually get,a day,a week or several months more life before it all goes boom.

Perhaps being killed and forfeiting the extra few weeks of life may turn out to be the better choice.A nice,quick humane death at the hands of Mr Ominous compared to burning or suffocating to death,perhaps Satan and all his little demons pop up from below and devour the living by the mouthful

As for the killing part,I can think of someone right now that the best thing they could do for the good of mankind is cease to be.I'd volunteer to make that a reality without my own life being threatened.lol

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yes I would kill. Do I get to choose the person, and if not what is the method of death if I choose not to kill?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join