It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the POORs hatred of WEALTHY ($$$) people legitimate and morally justifiable?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
IMO, the problem with modern 'wealth' is that it's determined by what one WANTS compared to what one has. True wealth should be measured by what one NEEDS compared to what one has.

Anything beyond a need is frivolous and egocentric...
As a good friend once told me, greed begins with "I Want"

edit on 27-8-2013 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TucoTheRat
But the reality of it is, we are all rich, we all have more than others, we all have gifts that we squander, throw on the floor and cry about because someone else has better. But each and every one of us has it all, always.

I have traveled all over the world and have seen the worst that poverty brings. My case and point is have any of you actually seen the garbage of the truly poor? After about a week or two it would fit nicely in a small plastic shopping bag and is truly unusable for anything.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Thank you for words and hug of encouragement. While I'm not very creative: (by the way you're lucky in being able to make nice things as a replacement for the things you can't buy) I have discovered rescue, only if I think I can make use out of it. Some of the things I find are pretty darned nice, not expensive but in good condition just left behind by people who move and don't care. Unfortunate I don't know anything about repurposing or restoring because of transportation and lack of help I leave the furniture alone (There's so much waste going on in this state, if I have stuff I don't want or need anymore I donate to thrift store or a church,if I can't give it to someone I know. I know there are people out there that's hurting.
)I would just like to not to have to worry about your basic monthly bills.

.I think it would be nice idea if we could get anyone who is running for any type of political office to live on the lowest income possible to survive on: at least for 6 months to qualify for the position so they'd know how it feels. Slim to no chance of getting that to happen.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

It is all the cowards and their "me, me, me" attitude. such a short sighted mentality. no wonder. baby boomer maybe?

there are some that NEED help. and There are MILLIONS that support taking advantage of others.. Through investments! if you have money in the 'stock market' what do you have? STOCK in HUMAN CAPITAL. it isn't the machines that drive the profit it is the PEOPLE.

And, by its insidious goal.. investing is to take out MORE than you put in. By its pure essence it is exploiting. All must contract in trade. Even the poor!

therefore, when one person pays and gets nothing left over. It is so OTHERS, who are less in need, CAN PROFIT off of it. SO, poor people pay inflated prices for EVERYTHING so that the RICH can have back MORE than THEY PUT IN.

and millions of others facilitate this... and Actually profit a little off them too.

Its like seeing a group of bullies beating on a guy, and you walk by and think "might as well get some of that myself"..

it is insidious and COWARDLY..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I have traveled all over the world and have seen the worst that poverty brings. My case and point is have any of you actually seen the garbage of the truly poor? After about a week or two it would fit nicely in a small plastic shopping bag and is truly unusable for anything.

Do you mean garbage as in the products crafted in super poor countries; or do you mean their personal possessions?

In any case, not really.

The Rat.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The way I see it is this. Whatever number of people born here equally have rights to full access of resources, building homes, and survival, abundance, they are free as well. Anyone doing anything to set rules or deprive another of full equality is committing the Ultimate Sin, this is the thing all other sins are based on, except for the impulsive murders and things stemming from base animal instincts or error.

So, to the homeless person: they were robbed of their ability to procur a home. Without slavery. Minding their own business. Not working for the system. They were robbed of health, life and liberty. What is owed to them can hardly be replaced.

The harm these slavers and injustice are doing to people is massive. I would have to right a book about the sorrow and abuse of children, the inability to develop ones talents and use them instead of serving burgers, to pay for food or rent, take you pick. There is NO WORDS TO EXPRESS THE EVIL COMMITTED.

We're here and we see and thats enough. They will face it all in the end, for they have more schools to attend, and those who have been deprived will be given great opportunities to grow, to develop higher level talents, than the base primitive slavers who harmed them. They'll be working the light boxes, and growing whole systems and universes, while the others will get a taste of humble pie.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
There is NO WORDS TO EXPRESS THE EVIL COMMITTED.

Human, it's a perfect word to express the evil committed.

Great post.

The Rat

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It's justified when the wealthy conspire to keep the poor people down.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

you are damn right their hatred of the wealthy is justified. everyone's wealth is through a theft. Behind all great fortunes is a great crime.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join