It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the POORs hatred of WEALTHY ($$$) people legitimate and morally justifiable?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

what is wealthy?... I whole heartedly agree with you.. GREED isn't the only problem, the elites actually don't want it all, they truly don't want anyone else to have anything, anywhere near close to resembling in a dream what they have.

1. it would be a threat
2. 'hey I let that slip, I gotta tighten the screws'
3. there 'little world' would be over crowded... personally, I HATE lines at Magic Mountain too.

if planned obsolescence was non existent, the materials and technology is capable of giving the world that life.. but some population control MUST be incorporated.

imagine how much waste is involved with crappy cars? what if everyone could be a quality car that lasts 50 years. My 88 burban still get 16mpg at 70 on lift and tires.

we could all have a Bentley, Rolls Royce, Lambo,.. its just basic building materials.

yachts, mansions, all of it.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pejeu

Yes, most rich people are rich because counterfeiting and fraud are legal as long as you do it through a corporation charted or licenced to commit fraud and counterfeiting legally.

most are rich because they pay others to 'invest', which means making sure they stay rich and others don't.

investing by its current form is illogical..

impossible.. how can everyone invest and take back more than they put in?

Also, have you noticed that all actual work seems to be done solely by the working poor and middle class? Do you say Donald Trump, for example, actually building or manufacturing, hauling or innovating anything, personally?

after a few episodes, I can't watch Undercover Boss.. there is nothing special and most of them are useless as employees. Many were handed the biz or the money for it.

it disgusts me to watch.. I would rather....nevermind definite a T&C

edit on 25-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: quote

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

alot wealthy ppl gained their wealth by exploiting the law to exploit their workers who gave their lives 12 hrs away from home each day, some working more than one job and working very hard, yet still struggling to make ends meet. while their contribution to the company is what has made the ceo filthy rich. yet, nothing is returned to the workforce in the form of pay raises as the company grows its profit margin. a profit margin that is OWED to those who gave their energy and time towards your cause?

So Yes.. The poor is morally justified in looking at such wealthy ppl who fall into the above category with disdain. you owe them for your success. the moral justification.. is KARMA!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
reply to post by SystemResistor

A) Are the poor in question law abiding citizens?
B) Do the wealthy deserve what they have?
C) Would a poor man, with money, squander what he has?

C) The poor generally will squander large sums of money because they do not know how to manage it. They do not know how to use the tool they would be given. This is why people that win millions in the Lotto are broke in 5 years or less. No one bothers to teach them how to manage it.

How many here have been on both sides of the fence? I venture few if any, yet without knowing the wealthy side or the truly poor side are quick to jump mostly on the wealthy and cry about them having something they do not.

Do the wealthy look down upon the poor...no, not anymore than anyone else as it is mostly, out of sight, out of mind. Do the poor hate the wealthy...no but some do and it's fueled by jealousy, lack of education, beliefs or a combination of factors.

edit on 8/25/2013 by pstrron because: formatting

the money is squandered because so many things have been neglected.
1. wardrobe
2. debts
3. savings
4. vehicle
5. home
6. kids
7. health
8. dental condition
9. every afford that vacation to see distant also poor family?

plus, once that lump is 'squandered' on the above, hows that gonna lead to a higher paying job? just cycle reboots.

this is why when the rich OWN EVERYTHING --- LOCK, STOCK, and BARREL --- you get it ALL BACK! and at the end of the week --- poor guy broke paying for life --- profits of everything purchased goes to the RICH via investments.
which are... where you pay someone else to make sure you keep getting more and others get less..

do poor people have the LUXURY of PAYING someone to make their money some money?

go ahead deny this... I DARE YOU..

oops, here comes the snide baseless insult or remark to attempt and derail.

or I get another mod warning about something that I will see another member do on another page that's never taken out.

have been on both sides.. the rich do laugh at the poor.. I have seen it. Unless you haven't been around the REALLY RICH.. go hang out in Palos Verdes. you are LYING to yourself. I have seen even small

the poor that are smart enough to figure out HOW THE RICH STAY RICH.. definitely HATE.. warranted too

edit on 25-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: thoughts

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
That goes both ways. And I'd say more so on the part of the rich hating the poor. If it weren't true then society wouldn't be gravitating toward a nwo

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

How many poor get free cell phones?
How many poor get free food cards where you can buy junk food?
How many poor get free rent just cause?
How many poor get free medical for their kids?
How many poor get free shuttle services?
How many poor get free monies just cause they are poor?

I am poor, receive NONE of that! and am medically disabled, NOT on SSI.. mine is military service connected.

DID YOU SERVE THE COUNTRY and become injured in from your service? I just don't want the hassle, I cant stand to sit in a govt office all day, watching illegal aliens get $$$ and having to ask a govt employee who wasn't even born in America for food.

I will starve first..

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry
reply to post by ChuckNasty

How many poor get free cell phones?
How many poor get free food cards where you can buy junk food?
How many poor get free rent just cause?
How many poor get free medical for their kids?
How many poor get free shuttle services?
How many poor get free monies just cause they are poor?

I am poor, receive NONE of that! and am medically disabled, NOT on SSI.. mine is military service connected.

DID YOU SERVE THE COUNTRY and become injured in from your service? I just don't want the hassle, I cant stand to sit in a govt office all day, watching illegal aliens get $$$ and having to ask a govt employee who wasn't even born in America for food.

I will starve first..

Some states, the above items are started on-line. Other items, start the service using mail-in forms. The rent stuff, it is hardest one to get, but if you fall within the poverty line calculations-you will get it (you might have to wait many months before receiving it). Some states don't cater to illegals, sorry if yours does.

If you are too proud and/or injured and choose not to use what you can get, who's fault is it really? You should have started your VA claim while in active duty. All you would have needed was a copy of your medical records and an appointment. Once you get to your appointment, it takes less than 25 minutes to finish. When/If you decide to challenge the ruling, that is the part that takes time. If you waited until you have gotten out, you will get back pay from the day you started your claim.

Topping up my 20, I'm not too proud to get what I can once I get out. The only difference, I'll stop using the stuff once I get a job. The govt stuff, most of it, was meant to help people till they get on their feet, not be like it is used now.

They really need to put in a time limit or scale things back after X amount of years.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

for that answer you need to

understand hat it means to be "wealthy"..

now..

would you agree its justified that the "poor" are upset that a few individuals & institutions are creating money from nothing and charging interest to the "poor" for the privilege to use said money? it is a legitimate crime and immorally unjustifiable.

edit on 25-8-2013 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

have been on both sides.. [color=gold] the rich do laugh at the poor.. I have seen it. Unless you haven't been around the REALLY RICH.. go hang out in Palos Verdes. you are LYING to yourself. I have seen even small

the poor that are smart enough to figure out HOW THE RICH STAY RICH.. definitely HATE.. warranted too

In order for a secret cabal to take over the world
they _have_ to have a mechanism that drives all
the newly rich people into their protective arms.

They way they do this is by making rich people
fear poor people.

The solution is easy: quit hatin on the rich.

The only reason those rich people laugh at
poor people is because they fear poor people.
It is an act of collective catharsis.
A safe way to publicly share their fears.

Mike

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Labels, victims and a lack of responsibility. The disease of humanity. Find someone or some group who is different for any reason...and label them. If they have more, regardless if they worked for it...you are the victim of those labeled. Obviously if they have something you want but don't have...they must be keeping it from you. Responsibility...looking at one self and admitting that maybe you are not as smart, not as energetic or not willing to take enough risk. So you decide you are the victim and those labeled...the problem.

But usually...the problem lies within. Neither you nor I may have chosen our current place in life, but if we decide to blame someone else...we are not working to change that. Don't be a victim. That same energy could be spent becoming a success.
edit on 8/25/2013 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
As to the accusation that poor people squander money....

Remember at the end of WW2
the survivors of the concentration camps
were so starved they looked like walking skeletons?

The soldiers started to feed them
and it felt so good to the survivors they began to over eat
and the doctors had to make them stop, or they would eat themselves to death?

Well...

We have been starved of a decent income for so long
we behave the same way.
Look at the stats on lottery winners and how they
are much worse off ten years later.

This way the wealthy can say to each other
"See. You can't give them money look what they do with it."

I recently found out that the word "Mercy" comes from the same root word as "Merchant", from the Roman god Mercury. (Mercury: mercer; merchant, mercy)

WITH ALL THE GODDAMN GRINDING POVERTY
WHERE IS THE FREAKING MERCY!

The forces that play games with the meanings of words,
who conduct focus groups to get people to buy chit they don't need,
so we can all become slaves to our own desires.

are they same forces that are driving all the wealthy into their protective arms.

While denying that they are the ones who starved
us into this state in the first place.

WHERE IS THE GODDAMN MERCY!

I'll tell you where it is.

Quit hatin on the rich.

Mike
edit on 25-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Good question, Why do the kid's hate the fat bully that takes all the sweet's and does not share any even though there were more than enough to go around and Him still have the lions share.

I think the idea that every rich person is Hated is a bit too encompassing but there are some rich people whom are simply greedy and egomaniacal which has a habit of making one hate them in particular also some are simple callous as well as unjustifiably thinking themselves superior simply because life cut them a better deal now such are worthy of hate but any good wealthy altruistic philanthropist can be as rich as he want's without hatred.

Still in this society of today greed is good seams to be the mentality and such is destined to destroy the society that arose from reformist principle, principles that have been rolled back as the current fashion so self glorifying atheism take's hold (I am not blaming Atheism just the current attitude and trend) also it is a dog eat dog world at the moment.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The money is squandered because so many things have been neglected.
1. wardrobe
2. debts
3. savings
4. vehicle
5. home
6. kids
7. health
8. dental condition
9. every afford that vacation to see distant also poor family?

plus, once that lump is 'squandered' on the above, hows that gonna lead to a higher paying job? just cycle reboots.

this is why when the rich OWN EVERYTHING --- LOCK, STOCK, and BARREL --- you get it ALL BACK! and at the end of the week --- poor guy broke paying for life --- profits of everything purchased goes to the RICH via investments.
which are... where you pay someone else to make sure you keep getting more and others get less..

do poor people have the LUXURY of PAYING someone to make their money some money?

go ahead deny this... I DARE YOU..

oops, here comes the snide baseless insult or remark to attempt and derail.

or I get another mod warning about something that I will see another member do on another page that's never taken out.

have been on both sides.. the rich do laugh at the poor.. I have seen it. Unless you haven't been around the REALLY RICH.. go hang out in Palos Verdes. you are LYING to yourself. I have seen even small

A good paying job boils down to having skills and education. If you lack either then you better be really good with just the one side. Most of us are not that way since that leads into talents, so not having some great talent a person needs skills learned over a period of time. They will typically top out if they do not have further education to support those skills.

If a person goes through life with low skills and low education and no great talent then they will always have a low paying job, it is that simple. Most of this can be combine in ones desire to achieve, stay focus and not make too many poor life decisions.

For the things on your list that poor people are forced to take care of one must understand that you must live within your means, period. What is considered the minimum back in the 80s when I was in my 20s working close to minimum wage was vastly different than the much greater amount of what people feel is the minimum they need today.

Why does a family from India come to America and in a decade or two they go from having basically nothing to being wealthy? First they have one apartment with lets say 8 people living there, then ALL grownups get a minimum paying job and they combine all income to support the family. As they gain skill and build savings by living extremely simple one day they buy some old market that they run as a family, they then get another and another. Then they move up to named markets and at some point they are rich.

This is a formula a typical American poor family would never follow, ever, so the typical poor American is not going to ever improve themselves and they will just stay above water at best. One example is if you are poor why are you having kids that you can't afford? That is a poor life decision I speak of. I didn't have my first kid until I was 38 when I could actually afford them.

edit on 25-8-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What do the greedy know of sharing? and how it is the true way of a thriving economy.

let the poor squander their money. they have worked hard for it. and just as what you do with your money is none of their business.. so too is what they do with theirs NONE OF YOURS!

at the end of the day, economies thrive on the revolution of the money. it should pass through all hands. and when disseminated to the lowest echelons of society first the squandering masses place that money right back into the hands of the companies they are working for all over the world as they use that money to order goods and services.

but some ppl have this bright idea for paying someone to dig a hole and then paying someone else to fill it. zero development is accomplished and this choice is made through greed and selfishness. they are then able to award lofty contracts to their buddies.. who then horde and stow away all their profits never to be seen again by the working man as they try to leech more and more out of him. the money NEVER TRICKLES DOWN. instead the government gives the money to contractors who underpay their employees and the contractors reinvest directly back to the government. completely leaving the working man out of the loop of prosperity.

then they have the audacity to ask why the economy is failing?

the economy is failing because they 1% have horded 80% of the wealth for themselves and hide it away claiming to be misers. while the 99% have to fight for the chicken scratchings of the remaining 20%. the figures look good on the books to show a fake and simulated turnaround of cash for GDP Reports. but it is not real.. as the man on the ground suffers his daily job routine working for just the travel expenses to return to work for another month.

a horrible abomination.. slavery in capitalism via the cronyism mentality leaves no doubt. the greedy and wealthy have shown utter disregard for the well-being of their workforce.

they say "there is no compassion in business"

i say: "perhaps, but is there any compassion in the human beings running the business?"
edit on 25-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

a good paying job does NOT happen because of skills/education.

It happens off of who you know..

It is insult to state other wise. The offshoring of decent jobs and the in-shoring of poor desperate, willing to undercut an American for a job..

you are being dishonest to state "just gotta work harder" "too bad, things are fine, I have a chair in the musical chair economy, or I want one and darn the rest..---> I GOTTA GET MINE.. corrupt system be damned, its all good as long as I get mine"

that attitude is so tired... and doesn't work.

it just ID's you as a shill for the elites slave system.

Why does a family from India come to America and in a decade or two they go from having basically nothing to being wealthy? First they have one apartment with lets say 8 people living there, then ALL grownups get a minimum paying job and they combine all income to support the family. As they gain skill and build savings by living extremely simple one day they buy some old market that they run as a family, they then get another and another. Then they move up to named markets and at some point they are rich.

edit on 25-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: (no reason given)

because Immigrants get handouts and benefits --------> NOT AVAILABLE to the avg guy. those kids are now minorities and get SPECIAL TREATMENT... job preference and promotions at EVERY level of govt (city/county/state/fed).
they live 3 generations to a house (against zoning per person/room) and share the subsidized housing. Plus India isn't a fair analogy because those that come are often to UNDERCUT ------ OR REPLACE ----- an AMERICAN,

My buddies wife had a Masters and was editor of a travel magazine. They brought in "help" from India and then after training the help, all staff was let go and replaced for a third of the pay from those Good Ol' India workers.

How many americans have to become impoverished? How many ignorant, uneducated on the topic, statements does ATS gather per day? licks to the center of a tootsie pop much less.
edit on 25-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: thoughts

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

I guess it all boils down to what would be considered a minimum wage job, and then one that was worth 10, 20 , 30 etc bucks an hour, then what job is worth to pay a salary etc.

What does it take to make 30 bucks an hour? That is what people who make less than that need to figure out.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I haven't read any of the other responses yet but I would say it depends. Many poor are upset with the "rich" in suburban neighborhoods. To me, the "rich" we should all be upset with are the politicians and the CEOs that make millions at our expense. I am applying for a job with a retail establishment that just went bankrupt and are in restructuring (this job pays way more than I make no so the risk is worth it right now) and I read that the CEO is requesting 3.5 million from the bankruptcy judge for executive bonuses. These are the people we should be upset with and quite frankly I wish we could arrest them all for treason against the people!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Xtrozero

a good paying job does NOT happen because of skills/education.

It happens off of who you know..

It is insult to state other wise. The offshoring of decent jobs and the in-shoring of poor desperate, willing to undercut an American for a job..

you are being dishonest to state "just gotta work harder" "too bad, things are fine, I have a chair in the musical chair economy, or I want one and darn the rest..---> I GOTTA GET MINE.. corrupt system be damned, its all good as long as I get mine"

that attitude is so tired... and doesn't work.

it just ID's you as a shill for the elites slave system.

I agree there is nepotism and cronyism out there but you suggest that is the only way to get ahead. After I retired from the military I went a totally different direction, but my education and prior skills got me in the door and within 5 years I was a top talent in the field. I can also tell you that I have recommended people who I knew and saw as a good asset and not get hired over a complete stranger.

BTW how does one go through life and never build any kind of professional network?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
reply to post by filledcup

I guess it all boils down to what would be considered a minimum wage job, and then one that was worth 10, 20 , 30 etc bucks an hour, then what job is worth to pay a salary etc.

What does it take to make 30 bucks an hour? That is what people who make less than that need to figure out.

minimum wage is problematic in itself. it serves as a safety against those who would decidedly give you 50 cents an hr if they could get away with it because of their greed. but also makes them feel justified in their capitalist transactions that they are following the law and as long as they are they have no motivation to raise their employees salaries out of the kindness of their heart.. lol

but what is a minimum wage job? a garbage collector? while other "more important jobs" pay more? but where would a company be if the garbage collector refused to pick up the garbage? and it piles up outside the company attracting stench and disease from flies and bacteria? suddenly in that scenario the importance of the garbage collector is realized. in effect.. all the garbage collectors of the world can hold this entire capitalist system to ransom to the detriment of every living man woman and child. but they surely arent paid $30 an hour.

how far would a company grow without it's "low level workers" who work the floor, who serve the customers and say "hello maam may i help you?" where would a company get without these people? arent they all just as important to the thriving of the company?

why is the man sitting in air conditioned office being paid so well for being in comfort, while the construction worker enduring the day's sun and weather, burning the energy from the large steaks he has to buy to facilitate the power he needs to use in his job, sweating and toiling and sometimes dying.. building houses and structures for corporations.. but still cannot afford to own his own home.

sad.. very sad indeed that we do not see that every aspect of society from burger flipper to daydreamers department in a fortune 500 company is important for the thriving and flourishing of worldwide society. and value some less than others.

people should be paid for their time that they contribute to the development of society in any field. time should have the value. the human resource giving of it's time and energy away from home and family etc. if $30 an hr is a feasible and acceptible payment for a decent standard of living, then everyone should be paid at least $30 an hr. and noone should be working hard and still cannot afford basic comfort and financial independence. while others who contribute less enjoy extravagance.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The poor hating the wealthy for their money is not justifiable. It is justifiable for them to hate the wealthy if the way they acquired their wealth was not honest or fair though. That is a whole different thing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join