It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the POORs hatred of WEALTHY ($$$) people legitimate and morally justifiable?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Its a brave new world which is emerging in front of us and with each passing generation it becomes nearer and nearer.

I wont go into details of the brave new world as there are plenty of fictional novels, movies out there that explain where humanity is headed, as population increases, resources become more finite and technological evolution zooms ahead.

Somethings however despite the changing props due to machine advancements never do really change and are constants. An obvious constant is the gap between the Rich Wealthy and Poor, that divide always seems to maintain itself as a large wide and deep Canyon. The external wall that keeps the peasant out of the Castle of privileged estate.

The divide leads to jealousy, resentment and sometimes extreme hatred of between the upper and lower classes.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Must be a lot of POOR people on Ats lol.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I'm "poor", but, I don't hate the wealthy.

Actually, I don't hate anyone.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

You are a good role model then for the Poor to follow would you say?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Good question.

I would say that the poor who hate the rich have misplaced priorities. I've seen people in poverty come into money, either through a inheretence, job or lottery and oft times they end up becoming the people they used to hate. But refuse to acknowledge it.

So, in the long run, it is not either morally justifiable nor legitimate.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It isnt the amount of money that they have, its the way that they treat others but mostly, the way they are treated.
Example, how many times has Willy Nelson been popped for simple marijuana possession and how many days has he spent in prison because of it?
How about Paris Hilton, she had freaking coc aine in her purse and she was given a pass.
The last "big" actor that spent major jail time was Robert Downey Jr for his repeated heroine use but that was before he was big.
By the way, it probably saved his life, look at him now
How many bankers have been given a pass for HUGE crimes, crimes that would have us "normals" put away for a very, very long time
Thats where the animosity stems from, for me anyway.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

On the poor's hatred of the wealthy—It can be said with confidence that wealth does not make a person. Conversely, one does not, nor can not, hate a wealthy person on these grounds. One can only hate that he himself is not wealthy.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Speaking from a semi poor "paycheck to paycheck" persons point of view, I do not hold any hatred at all towards them.

I was mulling over related thoughts earlier. Isn't it amazing that given the amount of technological advancement we have seen over the years, coupled with the amount of wealth some people hold in relation to "others", that human beings still starve to death on this planet or lack a roof over their heads?

All I could come up with is that this "divide" seen between the rich and the poor is a necessary component of this reality we are experiencing at this moment in time. Polarity creates and maybe what we see on the outside is a reflection of something we have kept hidden from our self (for a good reason depending on your perspective) on the inside.

Do you ever wonder if the leafs on a tree become jealous of one another because "other" leafs received more light from the sun this afternoon?

Do they hate the "other" leafs who received more rain then they did during last nights thunderstorm?

From our perspective all those leafs are merely part of one giant organism. All the arguing back and forth is quite silly from our vantage point because we can view the tree in its totality.

Leafs will be leafs I guess.

edit on 24-8-2013 by 01001001 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Do I hate the wealthy? Not one iota.

Do I hate greed and avarice? The sort of thing that allowed oil companies to quadruple the price of gas, nearly bringing the country down around itself - all while posting record profits?

Hell yes I do.

There is a marked difference between warranted success and outright piracy.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

reply to post by daryllyn

You are a good role model then for the Poor to follow would you say?

This question is kind of confusing?

I wouldn't want anyone to 'follow' me. I also didn't claim to be a good role model.

I don't hate because, what good would it do? Would it change anything? Probably not. It would only serve to make me angry and bitter, two things I'd rather not be.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
As one of those you would probably classify as 'poor'.....I do not appreciate your assumption that I would hate anyone simply because they have more stuff ($$$) than I.

Do you think poor people are automatically morally corrupt...or conduct themselves in morally unjustifiable ways simply because they're poor?

....Have you ever noticed those stories on the news where some poor, down on their luck soul finds a wad of money and hands it over to the authorities or the rightful owner? Are there ever any stories where a wealthy businessman finds a wad of cash and returns it ? Maybe they're out there, but I can't remember seeing any.....

In the interest of some fairness.....perhaps you might consider a companion thread to this one?....."Is the wealthy's hatred of the poor people legitimate and morally justifiable?"

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What is wealthy?

Seriously,
what is a "wealthy people"?

I submit to you that we should all be wealthy.

MIke

Prison

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9a3408e2239.png[/atsimg]

Single family home

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61a3b8de78c4.png[/atsimg]

Middle Class home

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9d961e5879d.png[/atsimg]

Upper Class home

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af21e0c5a7d3.png[/atsimg]

edit on 24-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think I hate more the apathy that obscene wealth brings. When people no longer can see the world around them for the world they've built around them or even care to notice that it still exists.

Nothing worse than some prince saying "Oh I'm just one of the lads. I'm a typical bloke, look at me flying my black hawk, look at me nude in a posh hotel, look at my teeth.. doesn't my wife have a proper bottom!"

and having everyone think "Aww innit.."

It would be ok I guess, if some pov could wander in off the street and go "Oi I wanna have a go at wearing that crown! I did all the things you did, like being born."

The more money someone has it appears the less they are involved in the real world. So it's either a nice life, up there on elysium (thank you south african guy!) or you never even know they're wealthy.

The worst thing about obscene money is it only wants more obscene money. When you're gold plating your toilet, you are up your self. Seriously. I guess with all that cash it is easier to drown out the woes of the world... can't hear the poor people for all the coins dropping from my rube goldberg machine that activates when I have my man servant flush the commode.

I'd like nothing more than to just be comfortable. Gotta fight every mongrel out there who wants my comfy things tho.. man I wish I could win the lotto and be rich..

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Highly concentrated wealth is actually bad for the economy, less people to spook or manipulate therefore the current situation. I bet most Trust Managers have got the rich by the cojones...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

A person doesn't have to be "poor" to recognize the damage that is done when a over-privileged person takes money out of the economy and ties it up either off shore or somewhere besides our economy.

It's not a hatred. It's holding people accountable.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

As in all things the answer is both yes and no. there are those that use their wealth in ways that are very harmful and there are others that due just the opposite. Came across one person that was complaining that he was not getting rich while working on a custom yacht owned by a very wealthy man. Yet he happily accepted the salary offered which was more than the majority of people make per month yet still complained.

Mostly it is a lack of understanding and also how the poor think of things vs the way the wealthy think. The poor say they can't while the wealthy say they can, either way they are both right. People forget that they need to believe that they can do something in order to do it. I have told those that wish to work with and for me, that I'm not interested in what you can't do, I'm only interested in what you can.

Remember, poor people say they can't and don't even try. The wealthy say they can and then go for it. In the words of Yoda; "Do or do not, there is no try.". The poor then blame the wealthy for their plight in life instead of doing anything about it. As long as you play the victim you will never have that which you can.

Is the poor's hatred justifiable, no it's not. Is it morally justifiable, once again no. If you want to play the victim you will receive a victims recompense. Victims expect to be given something because life wasn't fair instead of doing something about it. 99.99% of the people in this world are dealt a hand that sucks. Few will take what they have and go to make it better. It's easier to play the victim, race, gender etc card than going out and making a better hand.

I will give you a fish and teach you how to fish but I will not fish for you, that's your part to do.

Human nature is such that people will sit on their arse and starve to death rather than get up and move to where they can live. It's just easier to set and starve.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I will never forget how I was looked down upon on Facebook for commenting I hated being poor. It was unbelievable. People were amazed that I hated being poor and that I wanted to be rich instead. I couldn't believe people hate rich people and that being poor was more ideal. It was like they were not taking anything serious with the heartaches of living poor and suffering.

I feel it's not the poor that hates the wealthy. But privileged people who take their lives for granted hate the wealthy.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Are there ever any stories where a wealthy businessman finds a wad of cash and returns it ? Maybe they're out there, but I can't remember seeing any.....

Good point I think this is how some rich stay rich.

There is already a companion thread doing the rounds atm to this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-8-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

No.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

I submit to you that we should all be wealthy.

To want anything else surely is a sign of insanity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join