It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanwhile, on the Road in Nara, Japan- Deer herd hangs out in the street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Wow, so much for wild deer. NOT.

This deer herd hangs out, and some arguably impede traffic flow on a street, like humans weren't even there.

People just stare and take pictures and videos like this, while cars just go around them. The deer seem oblivious, and could care less. Bizarre!

I wonder if they could be sensing an impending earthquake...

edit on Sat Aug 24th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
woooowww its like the movie evan almighty..waiting foe pick up for cathastropic flood..

until when its happen sir?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

why are they hanging out there, they should be in forest grassland. why don't authorities move them.. or could anyone care less, prob not, which is about norm in todays lost world...
thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I can remember traveling in the Sierra Nevada range in 1980. Large herds of mule deer were on the road, seemingly round every turn. They would simply make space for the car to travel through as we rolled slowly along. No harm, no foul.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, if they're not hurting anyone, getting hurt in human areas, and humans aren't hurting them, then I don't see why they would be a problem. This could be a really good example of humans and wildlife really managing to live together harmoniously.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
They basically live there. It's like in city deer sanctuary. One of the coolest things I've ever heard.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

more and more i see this video more i think they waiting for something..they even dont bother anything else..

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
adorable pictures of the deer in Nara, Japan

edit on 27/8/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have been to Nara & can attest to its beauty. These deer are everywhere & you can even purchase small cookie bundles around the park & hand feed them: it is magical.

They are very much at home here amongst the local Japanese folk & all the tourists that flow in & out every day. I am sure they are certainly not seen as a pest.

I noticed also some of the pavers on the footpath have been replaced by plaques with deer carved into them & also on some of the poles they are painted; all point towards the peoples reverence & love for this beautiful animal.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Interesting, no, how species adapt to cities? Unless it's not deer I guess.

Berlin has wild boar. Capetown baboons. Delhi macaques.

Anyway, I, for one, welcome our new deer overlords. All hail the great deer leader.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just bumbed into this. Deer waits for the green light before crossing the street at nara. Reminded me of this thread.

top topics

join