It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't the bible considered a historical fairy story?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Perhaps I'm wrong in this but on the age thing in the Bible.. Those numbers you show represent a lack of knowledge of the true wording of the original texts.. Not one of these New International Versions or anything of that nature but the ages don't represent how old ADAM AND NOAH WERE SPECIFICALLY!!!! They reference how long those specific bloodlines (DIRECTLY DESCENDED) from each of them are. At least this is the only way that it makes any sort of sense.

The biggest problem facing everyone now is this. GOD as it is.. (at least in America) is between each individual person and the belief in his/her God. Some have one, some don't. Our right to believe in what we like regardless of what side of the fence we sit on is what is most important. The perversion of the Roman Catholic Church has ruined any real recollections of God and Revelations even mentions a blackening of the True Gospel.
Regardless of any of this.. no single human being can prove one or the other. Absence of Evidence is not Absence of Proof. You can't see the air you breathe (save for cold days) so you accept that it is there.
Father/Son/Spirit
Space/Matter/Time

They're essentially the same thing. God (I believe) is only accomplished or met through 100% cooperation and unification of the population. Thus we will most likely never truly know if God does or not exist.. until that moment we all inevitably face..death

Regardless of which side we fall on, (WE'RE ALL HERE NOW...WE HAVE MORE PRESSING SOCIAL ISSUES)
May Peace-Be with you.

Nonetheless... Here is a representation of the bloodlines of Adam and Noah.

1 This is the [a]book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created Adam, in the likeness of God made he him,

2 Male and female created he them, and blessed them, and called their name [c]Adam in the day that they were created.

3 ¶ Now Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a child in his own [d]likeness after his image, and called his name Seth.

4 And the days of Adam, after he had begotten Seth, were eight hundred years, and he begat sons and daughters.

5 So all the days that Adam lived, were nine hundred and thirty years, and he died.

6 And [e]Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enosh.

7 And Seth lived after he begat Enosh, eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters.

8 So all the days of Seth were [f]nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.

9 ¶ Also Enosh lived ninety years, and begat Cainan.

10 And Enosh lived after he begat Cainan, eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and daughters.

11 So all the days of Enosh were nine hundred and five years: and he died.

12 ¶ Likewise Cainan lived seventy years, and begat Mahalalel.

13 And Cainan lived, after he begat Mahalalel, eight hundred and forty years, and begat sons and daughters.

14 So all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.

15 ¶ Mahalalel also lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared.

16 Also Mahalalel lived, after he begat Jared, eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters.

17 So all the days of Mahalalel were eight hundred ninety and five years: and he died.

18 ¶ And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and begat Enoch.

19 Then Jared lived, after he begat Enoch, eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters.

20 So all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died.

21 ¶ Also Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah.

22 And Enoch [g]walked with God, after he begat Methuselah, three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters.

23 So all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years.

24 And Enoch walked with God, and he was no more seen: for [h]God took him away.

25 Methuselah also lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech.

26 And Methuselah lived, after he begat Lamech, seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters.

27 So all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years, and he died.

28 ¶ Then Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son,

29 And called his name, Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and sorrow of our hands, as touching the earth, which the Lord hath cursed.

30 And Lamech lived, after he begat Noah, five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters.

31 So all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died.

32 And Noah was five hundred years old. And Noah begat Shem, Ham and Japheth.

They still live quite a while.. but Individually... not 900+ years.

edit on 26-8-2013 by WhoWhatWhenWhere2420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit

Originally posted by VoidHawk
A friend of mine used to run a book shop. He took great delight when customers came in and asked -
"Where do you keep the bibles?"

He'd reply with-
"Over there, with the rest of the fiction"

One day his boss delivered a box of childrens bibles for him to place on the shelves, my friend spent the rest of the week shredding them and flushing them down the toilet. He said there was no way he was going to be involved with brainwashing children.

But he has no problem putting children in front of the television to watch Kanye West, Lady Gaga and all the other "role models" for hours on end, right? I think people need to get their priorities straight on what they consider to be good and bad influences on children.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

WRONG!! He doesn't have children, and like me he doesn't own a television! Check my posts and you'll see i'm all over this forum telling people to TURN IT OFF!

And someone who goes around making wild assumptions is someone I'd consider to be a bad influence.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoosierdaddy71

A friend of mine used to run a book shop. He took great delight when customers came in and asked -
"Where do you keep the bibles?"

He'd reply with-
"Over there, with the rest of the fiction"

One day his boss delivered a box of childrens bibles for him to place on the shelves, my friend spent the rest of the week shredding them and flushing them down the toilet. He said there was no way he was going to be involved with brainwashing children.

Your friend is an idiot at worst and a vandal at best, he has no right to make up other people's minds.

Thank you, that was precisely why he got rid of them. Had he not done so they would have been given to children who would have been told by believing parents that everything in the books was true, and they'd go to hell if they didn't believe!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Whether true or not.. the Bible has been wrongly quoted many times. Most people believe that Noah took only 2 of each Animal onto the ship. Not that this gives the story any more or less credibility (fathoming how large the ship would've been is for a whole different day)
Noah actually took 8 Pairs.( that's 1+1=2x8=16) 16 of each animal. 7 pairs of clean animals and 1 unclean. 1 was used for a sacrifice to God.

Funny enough.. this part is hard to find ONLINE..
Yet my 1599 Geneva Bible has it in plain writing.

Just like the Garden at the beginning.
The Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil were side by side in the middle of the Garden and God told them they could eat from any true but the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil for if they ate that they would surely die. The deception in it is unbelievable... We are all Devils. Everyone one of us.
If any (Believer) comes up to you and starts trying to convert you (That's AntiChrist) Only Jesus was capable of doing that.
The idiots that get out on college campuses and street corners and tell you you're going to hell. (That's AntiChrist)
Real believers are chosen by Christ.
Even if they consider themselves an Atheist yet they behave like a model citizen (how we should all try to be)
keep the golden rule.. love thy neighbor as you love thyself (respect for fellow man)
These are Christ..
Doesn't have to be colored one way or another but there are a lot of deceivers out and about and many of them disguised in shepherd's clothing.
Be wary.
God isn't a respecter of People's
Whether it's a singularity or a trinity.
It's basically the same thing.
The Fallacy attached by people trying to gain power throughout time has shrouded the real truth so hard we can't figure out right from wrong.

If you're an atheist (Like I used to be and when i compare myself to religious zealots I still may be)
Accept what you believe in. At least being an Atheist God will never punish you for worshiping False Idols..
Which is really the most unforgivable thing you can do (Big Bang/God or Otherwise)
Accept who you are and be the best you can be. God doesn't apply the labels.. Mankind always has.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Are ppl who don't believe the bible just wanting to argue... just wanting to prove their point, without really looking for the truth? If so, then I can't help you buddy. In fact, neither can God. You see, you can only find truth if you're looking for it. Otherwise, you're lost dude.

But if you are looking for truth... you would do what I suggested on the last page: ATS Post

Here's the gist of it:

But don't believe me... just ask God.. The Creator of the Universe/Multiverse.... to show you -Who
He Is-, and if the Bible is true or not.

Believe me, the creator of the universe has the ability, and will answer you, if you ask sincerely
out of a sincere curiosity. Just don't ask some deity who says... "I am God's right-hand man", or
some BS like that. Go to the source... no cheap imitation will do- because there's a Lot at stake
here.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
Are ppl who don't believe the bible just wanting to argue... just wanting to prove their point, without really looking for the truth? If so, then I can't help you buddy. In fact, neither can God. You see, you can only find truth if you're looking for it. Otherwise, you're lost dude.

But if you are looking for truth... you would do what I suggested on the last page: ATS Post

Here's the gist of it:

But don't believe me... just ask God.. The Creator of the Universe/Multiverse.... to show you -Who

Believe me, the creator of the universe has the ability, and will answer you, if you ask sincerely
out of a sincere curiosity. Just don't ask some deity who says... "I am God's right-hand man", or
some BS like that. Go to the source... no cheap imitation will do- because there's a Lot at stake
here.

There has (and will be) many millions of people in the deepest pits of despair, who have and will, ask for gods help, and none was offered.
Why is that?
What about all the children who cry at night because they've lost a parent, why doesn't god help them? I can think of nothing worse than willingly allowing children to suffer, yet that is precisely what you god allows to happen.
I'd sincerely like him to come down here so I could give him a piece of my mind. The next time your in contact with him, tell him I'd like a word!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
See Ron Wyatt's work on Bible archeology... you will be shocked to find they have discovered things like chariot wheels on the floor of the Red Sea, for example...

also watch Walter Veith on DNA complexity and the false belief that we came from nothing called evolution... that is the real fairy tail... unbelievable how they make stuff up to support this idea...

research ufo/abduction phenomenon and hybrid program

see Serge Monast's expose of Project Blue Beam and looming fake "alien" invasion and fake second coming...

Jesus Christ is real and had an important unique role to play for the salvation of humanity.

see new BBC documentary on the Shroud of Turin.

also research former occultists like Roger Morneau, Earthquake Kelly, Carolyn Hamlett, Mark Cleminson and many others who all say the same thing: you don't get out of secret societies without Christ and the NWO is luciferian.

UN is an ancient word for satan... the poetry of this reality cannot be understated... the Bible is the word of God.

see also: youtube doc.Transformations 1 on worldwide Christian revivals that illustrate the spiritual nature of the reality we are in and the only proven means of combatting evil, which can appear in different forms...

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 404ed

Where to even start. First off it's not a debate between religion and atheism. Atheism is a form of religion. It's a debate between different belief systems. Both with claimed evidence, but both also with exaggerations and non-confluent supposed facts.

People on both sides base their beliefs on logical evaluation of available evidences and on brainwashing that occurred throughout their lives. Some people on both sides rely on one of those more than the other.

Most people don't understand what facts are and many, especially on the atheist side, tend toward believing that their side is more fact based than the other.

The problem with that belief is that the things that have been represented as evidence is largely contrived, or are claims of fact based on circular arguments even more preposterous logically than the supposed contradictions in the bible and other "religious" works.

One of the keys to understanding religious texts is the basic understanding that they were never meant for the uninitiated. In the same way that the sciences claim an appeal to authority or "field experts" the same is true of the religious texts.

In point of fact it is impossible to understand the true initial intended reading of religious texts today, not without some type of true understanding of reality as a filter.
unfortunately, the scientific paradigms of today are from being a true understanding of reality and we are a long way off yet of having a confluent understanding of reality to the point of understanding author's intents with religious texts outside of metaphysical unrelatable experience.

Finding ultimate truth should be the goal of both sides, but unfortunately, the human condition or just plain individual obstinacy prevents that. Everyone would rather think that they are right and the other side is full of crap and believing in fairy tales rather than make a concerted effort to first find the flaws in what they have been taught and the truths in what others believe and work from there to find the truth.

Most people from both sides will continue to insist that they are right and the other side is wrong. The religious will continue to erroneously say and think it is solely a matter of faith, the atheists and humanists will continue to erroneously say and think that it is their own observable reality that matters while they ignore any contrary observable reality and blindly accept any contributory evidences to their version of observable reality, while the truth evades both sides.

The truth has only been seen and understood in glimpses by individuals and that will continue to be the case for a long time to come, but we would be much better as a society if we would stop talking down to each other and just accept that there are many things we don't know and understand, there are many things that we think we know and understand and then there are an infinitesimally small amount of things that we actually know, which rarely go beyond knowing that we as individual consciousnesses exist. The closer we get to more and more people accepting the aforementioned, the better off we'll be.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

we have free will here and make poor choices.

God did not create automatons... the creation falls to reflect us... many proofs of this in fossil record, for example.

also DNA complexity shows the genes express based on environment and beliefs (Bruce Lipton and Walter Veith explain this well)

ask your leaders why they allow this suffering, and why we allow it.

there is one proven means to deal with evil, and human pride is the only thing in the way.

see Transformations 1:

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You need to ask yourself who/what is "Adam?" If you think it was the name of the first man, think again.

Gen 5v2 "Male and femal created he them; and blessed them and called THEIR name Adam." So now the first man and women we say are both called Adam? I thought the women was called Eve no?

1st Corninthaisn 15v45 "The first man Adam was made a living soul, the last Adam was made a quickening spirit."

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Here's the gist of it:

here.

There has (and will be) many millions of people in the deepest pits of despair, who have and will, ask for gods help, and none was offered.
Why is that?
What about all the children who cry at night because they've lost a parent, why doesn't god help them? I can think of nothing worse than willingly allowing children to suffer, yet that is precisely what you god allows to happen.
I'd sincerely like him to come down here so I could give him a piece of my mind. The next time your in contact with him, tell him I'd like a word!

Ah... ppl pray.. That's true... But what do they pray... "help me!"? Is God just there to rescue them out of problems? Is He only there to serve as a sort of spiritual fireman? So once they are rescued, they don't bother with Him, until the next problem? Does this sound right to you?

I want to ask you a question... if that person does not have (this is key) any kind of relationship with God, what obligates God to answer them?

That is why the prayer I suggest is not "help me!!". Instead it's a prayer to start a real relationship w/God... But God will not force Himself upon them... He's a gentleman, and wants to be invited.

Jesus says:

29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.Matthew 11:29 NKJV

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

What about all the children who cry at night because they've lost a parent, why doesn't god help them? I can think of nothing worse than willingly allowing children to suffer, yet that is precisely what your god allows to happen.

You ignored the above?
Children who have lost a parent dont say "Help", they say Why? and he denies them even that!
If I treated a child like that you'd condemn me as some kind of beast, why should your omnipotent god be allowed to get away with that?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

It's clear to me that you just want to argue. If you really wanted the truth - you would be praying what I suggested and not typing here. In that case... sorry dude. See post above from me that says that ppl in this condition cannot be reached, or helped.

edit on 26/8/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

It's clear to me that you just want to argue. If you really wanted the truth - you would be praying what I suggested and not typing here. In that case... sorry dude. See post above from me that says that ppl in this condition cannot be reached, or helped.

I'm not asking for your help, or to be "reached", I just want you to explain why an omnipotent god, who is supposedly full of love allows little children to suffer!
Please answer.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You're off on a tangent, I suppose for argument's sake. The issue here and now is not some kid who lost a parent, hypothetically sad that may be... The issue now is you, my friend, and your relationship with God now.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You're off on a tangent, I suppose for argument's sake. The issue here and now is not some kid who lost a parent, hypothetically sad that may be... The issue now is you, my friend, and your relationship with God now.

You notice how you keep being asked the same question and your answer is the same- don't ask me, ask God. People need to grow up, stop acting like children and figure out things for themselves. Why is that? Because when their life is all screwed up they can blame you, instead of taking responsibility for themselves.

I could really not care less what anyone here believes. Just so long as people are polite and cordial. And sincere. And think for themselves.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

while the metaphor might be useful, it is incorrect, as I was surprised to find out...

research former satanists and former occultists... these evil supernatural beings are guiding humanity towards technocratic enslavement and perversities that are an insult to the Creator of all the inettligent design here...

none of the former members of secret occult orders will tell you that satan is imagined. They use blood rituals (every military in the world has a five-pointed star, for example) to gain access to the demonic and make deals for power.

If you do not have Christ in your heart and a love for God you are spiritually weak and make an easy target, according to the many testimonies online.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

brother, you are correct, but we must pray for others, too, especially when we think it is hopeless.

None are hopeless in Christ. All can ask and be given forgiveness, with Christ as our legal Advocate at judgement.

blessings!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

reply to post by MarkJS

What about all the children who cry at night because they've lost a parent, why doesn't god help them? I can think of nothing worse than willingly allowing children to suffer, yet that is precisely what your god allows to happen.

You ignored the above?
Children who have lost a parent dont say "Help", they say Why? and he denies them even that!
If I treated a child like that you'd condemn me as some kind of beast, why should your omnipotent god be allowed to get away with that?

I used to cry at night when shadow people would attack me and torture me. No one knew what was happening and I was too young to know that my family had been involved in occult practices that were passed on to me.

Choices. We make them and the creation here reflects this.

think this through. You are blaming God for a situation we create. God must allow our free will or else we would not be humans, we would be NWO clones... you are buying into new age NWO religion...

next you will want the state to run children's lives from cradle to grave with never even the freedom to think independent thoughts. we are not far from this now.

question your bias--tptb payed a lot of money to make you turn from God and Jesus' teachings.

If we were centered on Christ's basic teachings, to love God and each other, NONE of the suffering you talk about would exist.

Just look at Transformations 1 and what is possible. Proof the only thing in the way is human pride, NOT God's love.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verum1quaere

reply to post by MarkJS

You ignored the above?

I used to cry at night when shadow people would attack me and torture me. No one knew what was happening and I was too young to know that my family had been involved in occult practices that were passed on to me.

Choices. We make them and the creation here reflects this.

think this through. You are blaming God for a situation we create. God must allow our free will or else we would not be humans, we would be NWO clones... you are buying into new age NWO religion...

next you will want the state to run children's lives from cradle to grave with never even the freedom to think independent thoughts. we are not far from this now.

question your bias--tptb payed a lot of money to make you turn from God and Jesus' teachings.

If we were centered on Christ's basic teachings, to love God and each other, NONE of the suffering you talk about would exist.

Just look at Transformations 1 and what is possible. Proof the only thing in the way is human pride, NOT God's love.

youtu.be...

Here we go again, making unfounded assumptions!
1. I am PRO home school so I'm hardly the type to request the state to raise our children!

2. TPTB had nothing to do with my non belief in a supernatural being. I was raised in a home where religion was not stuffed down my throat and therefore I simply observed those who did believe and came to my own conclusions.

I asked for an answer as to why your omnipotent god allows children to suffer, By way of example I suggested children who have lost a parent. I want to know why he allows them to suffer when according to people like you he has the power to stop such suffering.

Ok, we all love those children, so why are they suffering? Are you going to tell me he's allowing it to happen because people such as my self refuse to believe? if so then I can only say what a miserable git he really is.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join