It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Buchanan: Whites are the only group you can discriminate against legally in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
During a discussion on college admission diversity Pat Buchanan said

With due respect, whites are the only group you can discriminate against legally in America now.

I assume the discussion came about due to the SCOTUS verdict with the complaint about 'reverse discrimination' by the Uni of Tx.

For the full text and video go to real clear politics

I don't see how one could say otherwise. I have been around a long time and see the progress we have made. Not perfect but nothing is.

One could add the seeming refusal to call the OK killing a hate crime because it was black against white an example. Having said that, I am tired of the race on race thing.

One could also claim, I guess, that since white is the majority and we did have it better that we deserve no protection. Protection is just for minorities.

I don't know the answer. Any wisdom here?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

He is 100% correct, there is absolutely no racism against white people, not officially anyway.
On the other hand, it is "officially" impossible for any minority race to be a racist.
Society is one big joke

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

The answer is MLK's dream speech. People should be judged not by the color of their skin, but the content of their character. So racism when applied to whites isn't reverse racism, its just racism. Hate is hate is hate.

Also, if its about minorities, then pretty soon whatever standard is currently applied to whites will be applied to Latinos, who are set to become the majority in this country later in the century, as whites become another minority. So really, every one has a stake in a universal definition of racism, which protects every one equally from being judged by the color of their skin, and in having a group of people with all skin colors standing up against racism.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Back in the days when it was implied that white was really the only color of the ruling class in America, why yes it was impossible to discriminate against the majority and no one would even dream it possible, well now, since the tables have turned and the America that he and others like him once knew that resembled Beaver Cleaver and Dennis the Menace's neighborhood where no blacks existed have turned, Pat Buchanan and others that think like him and the good ol boy's club are getting a taste of their own medicine, it is sad when you find out that the color of your skin no longer gets you instant advantage, I know you will get mad but this is nothing but truth, only recently has this reverse racism card been in play and there are reasons some will not face up to it and face the reality.

The world is different now, the pilgrims are a thing of the past, slaves have been freed and now the melting pot is coming full circle, America is the world not just 1, 2, or 3 ethnicities, it encompasses all races, the advantages of the ruling classes that were always the dominant are dwindling, get over it and realize all men really are created equal, you can't stand on carte blanche of your skin as the way to success, on the same token nor can you lean on affirmative action to give you equality or make up for what the ruling class has always been given in most instances by virtue of their skin color, private social clubs and other institutionalized methods to keep access to themselves and others out, it is what is in the gray matter that matters and how you treat others with the full respect due a brother of the human race.

edit on 24-8-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Thanks for that reminder. I am sure MLK would be the first to speak out and condemn... the crime at least. I also think he would be appalled at how far we got in a relatively short time and now how far we have fallen and divided we are becoming.

It will remain so until everyone is treated equally, including whites.

And I might add, until something is done to motivate the black community to work for a living and use birth control

I wonder if this is the way they (feds) want it.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
Back in the days when it was implied that white was really the only color of the ruling class in America, why yes it was impossible to discriminate against the majority and no one would even dream it possible, well now, since the tables have turned and the America that he and others like him once knew that resembled Beaver Cleaver and Dennis the Menace's neighborhood where no blacks existed have turned, Pat Buchanan and others that think like him and the good ol boy's club are getting a taste of their own medicine, it is sad when you find out that the color of your skin no longer gets you instant advantage, I know you will get mad but this is nothing but truth, only recently has this reverse racism card been in play and there are reasons some will not face up to it and face the reality.

So, it's ok that two wrongs make a right?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Saying that they're the only group is heavily misleading. For one, you can heavily discriminate against Homosexuals/Lesbians, as indicated by issues such as gay adoption. Then there's Blacks and Hispanics, who get targeted by stop-and-frisk laws.

If you want to say that whites are one group you can legally discriminate against in America, that's fine, but saying that they're the only group you can legally discriminate against in America is just wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian

If America was really moving forward in any legitimate capacity, this issue should not exist for any skin color today. The fact that it does shows that the children and grandchildren of the royal a-holes of the past decades are going to be duly punished even though they had nothing to do with the former stranglehold on civil liberties. No one should feel the need to give someone their "turn" at inequality because others of their skin color some time ago perpetrated moral & ethical wrongs. That in & of itself is the epitome of wrong. As another poster said, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I agree, however,I really would like people to read my full post, not just rebut only part of what I myself have come back in the last half of the post admonishing both sides, truth does hurt , partial truth maybe not as much but whole truth be the one that should always be told on any issue, but please do be fair if the poster does actually emphasize what you are attempting to point out, as if the post does does not already say what you are asking, not in the exact words, you preach to the choir sir, I see you have many stars for something that I have already said in the original.

edit on 25-8-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join