It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aspartame is made from GMO bacteria feaces

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a portion of the population is addicted to aspertame, obviously ,you weren't one of them, they can't "just stop", but that is a topic for another time.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Here is some startling info that I found after researching the topic

A building block of aspartame, the amino acid phenylalanine, may be manufactured with the aid of genetically modified micro-organisms (escherichia coli).

additives that are manufactured in closed systems with the aid of genetically modified micro-organisms do not require labelling as such, provided that the additive in question has been purified and contains no micro-organisms.

www.gmo-compass.org...

In dietary products and clinical diets, phenylalanine is considered an ingredient. However, there is still no obligation for it to be labelled if the amino acids are produced in a closed system with the help of GM microorganisms, providing that the particular amino acid is purified and does not contain any microorganisms.

www.gmo-compass.org... html

It almost seems that there is an incentive for them to use the GMO's so that they can keep it off the label.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDave
Here is some startling info that I found after researching the topic

A building block of aspartame, the amino acid phenylalanine, may be manufactured with the aid of genetically modified micro-organisms (escherichia coli).

additives that are manufactured in closed systems with the aid of genetically modified micro-organisms do not require labelling as such, provided that the additive in question has been purified and contains no micro-organisms.

www.gmo-compass.org...

In dietary products and clinical diets, phenylalanine is considered an ingredient. However, there is still no obligation for it to be labelled if the amino acids are produced in a closed system with the help of GM microorganisms, providing that the particular amino acid is purified and does not contain any microorganisms.

www.gmo-compass.org... html

It almost seems that there is an incentive for them to use the GMO's so that they can keep it off the label.

Amino acids have nothing to do with GMOs thats way the human body as well as every living organism produces them.Quite simply its a chemical in fact its what your muscles are made of if your going to build muscles you need amino acids. The reason they dont label it as GMO is simple its a naturally occurring compound at its most basic its just carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. in fact there is an amino acid in asparagus my god dont eat that must be a GMO.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Aspartame is bad for people, i sign in with that. This is what makes the "feces" spin so offensive.
Bacteria cannot defecate, they don't have organs for it. So any person that did not know about aspartame side effects but has a basic knowledge of biology will look at the title and just disregard what it contains as part of tin foil hat nonsense.
This kind of approach helps hide information from people, not spread it.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
And they want to put in milk without it being listed on label so that school kids can lose weight. Wow. I'll have some of that bacterial feaces milk. mmmm

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Guess I have to give up aspartame.
guess I'm going to have to live with curvy. Star and flag.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by James1982

And interesting you say Aspartame makes you fat.... after I switched to diet soda (sweetened with aspartame) I began LOOSING weight. Who would have thought less calories equals weight loss?

Eating Aspartame has been proven to increase your desire for sweet sugary things.. I would not be particularly worried that it is a by product of a micro organism. I would be if that by product had not been tested properly.. The stuff is really not good for you. I am sure if you are interested you will check yourself.

It's impossible to prove that Aspartame causes cravings for sweets. There are so many factors that could come into play with that kind of study that any evidence is simply correlative not causative.

On a personal level, I rarely eat or crave sweets, and that's true whether I drink beverages with Aspartame or not. I know for a fact it does not increase my desire for sweets. While I'm not saying it's impossible that it may contribute to those desires in some people, it is impossible to conclusively prove that it will cause you to desire sweets.

I agree wholeheartedly that it hasn't been tested enough. But lack of data doesn't imply negative side effects.And studies that have shown negative side effects suffer from the difference between correlation and causation.

I also never said Aspartame was good for you. I only said exactly what I typed. I was interested, which is why I researched the subject, and took it a step further doing my own experiment by laying off the Aspartame

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Aspartame is bad for people, i sign in with that. This is what makes the "feces" spin so offensive.
Bacteria cannot defecate, they don't have organs for it. So any person that did not know about aspartame side effects but has a basic knowledge of biology will look at the title and just disregard what it contains as part of tin foil hat nonsense.
This kind of approach helps hide information from people, not spread it.

Much respect.

If things are truly bad they don't need exaggeration to show it. I agree Aspartame isn't good in any sense of the word, but it's up to the individual to figure out which is the lesser of two evils. I love soda and will drink it, if it wasn't diet it would be full sugar soda, and I'd probably be 50lbs heavier and have diabetes by now. Aspartame is BETTER for me, that doesn't make it good, but I'll take the lesser of two evils.

Star for you!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join