It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonar-jamming Genitals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I just read an article about this a few minutes ago in today's local paper, and I have no idea how this one was missed on ATS because it's REALLY damn weird, funny, and interesting at the same time.

Study: Hawkmoths use sonar jamming genitals in flight against bats

"Hawk moths may be jamming bat sonar signals by rubbing their genitals.

The behaviour, reported in Biology Letters on 3 July, creates an ultrasonic noise that could be used to scare off an attacking bat and to jam the bat's sonar."

What the hell man? Just when you think you've heard it all there's always something else - but this one is by the far the best I've heard of in a longgggggggggg time
I wonder how in the world these scientists found this out in the first place... nevermind, maybe I don't want to know...

On a serious note though, this is actually really damn interesting. Its another example of how truly amazing nature really is - and it really makes me wonder sometimes; what's more advanced technology or the world around us?

Isn't technology really just an imitation of nature in the first place?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was just talking with some guys in the ATS chat about this.. and I had a moment of genius!

NEW BATMAN MOVIE - AWESOME SUPER VILLIAN!!!

Matt Damon VS. Sonar Jamming Genital Mothman!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
When a guy starts to scratch his nuts, everyone seems to feel a little uneasy. I look the other way, women usually mosey along. I suppose this is real.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Brace yourselves for the "moth balls" jokes.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

meh ! - I have had the ability to scare things by rubbing my genitals for 45 years

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm sure the research will be found to be a load of balls and the researchers will be a load of nut jobs

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I can possibly see a new friction resistant technology being produced from this biological study.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yeah right!!!!

But still its a better excuse than I had when my Mum busted me, all I could say was "ahhhh, Im itchy".

It would have been so much better to say "Its OK, just keeping the bats away"
Ill remember for next time

top topics

join