It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman Debunks Bob Lazar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm sure many of you are aware of this, but it seems like many are not too, so I thought I would share. I wasn't sure what to think of Lazar, but was leaning towards thinking he was pretty much a hoaxer.

This article by Stanton Friedman presented a few new things I didn't know that has pretty much convinced me the Lazar story is BS. Sounds like Friedman did his homework on Lazar and many of the claims Lazar made just didn't check out at all.

The only real argument left is that the govt really did wipe his records clean, but as Stanton says, this seems a little far fetched.

He sure told a good story, though!

Incredible claims have been made about Bob Lazar for years. He supposedly is a physicist with an MS in Physics from MIT and an MS in Electronics from the California Institute of Technology. He was a “Scientist” for Los Alamos National Laboratory, and obtained a job back-engineering UFOs at a very secret site S-4 near Area 51 in Nevada through noted Physicist, the late Dr. Edward Teller.

Supposedly he figured out how saucers work using Element 115 — matter/anti-matter, etc. He was able to steal a small quantity of 115 from the 500 pounds available, but this was stolen back. There was indeed an announcement in early 2004 about the production of 4 atoms of element 115 by operating a huge European accelerator for many weeks. It has a very short half life so there is no way to accumulate pounds of it. He supposedly came forward with his story despite death threats because he thought the public has a right to know. Videotapes are available with his claims.

It is all BUNK.

Not one shred of evidence has been put forth to support this story: No diplomas, no résumés, no transcripts, no memberships in professional organizations, no papers, no pages from MIT or Caltech yearbooks. He also mentioned, in a phone conversation with me, California State University at Northridge and Pierce Junior College — also in the San Fernando Valley, California. I checked all four schools. Pierce said he had taken electronics courses in the late 1970s. The other three schools never heard of him.

The page from the Los Alamos National Lab phone book with Lazar’s name on it clearly states that it includes employees of the DOE and outside contractor, Kirk Meyer. “K/M” follows Lazar’s name. This proves he worked for K/M, not LANL.

I checked with LANL’s personnel department for Lazar’s name and that of an old colleague. They found my guy, but not Lazar.

He was publicly asked when he got his MS from MIT. He said “Let me see now, I think it was probably 1982.” Nobody getting an MS from MIT would not know the year immediately. He was asked to name some of his profs, He said: “Let’s see now, Bill Duxler will remember me from the physics department at Caltech.” I located Dr. Duxler. He’s a Pierce Junior College physics prof, and never taught at Caltech. Lazar was registered in one of his courses at the same time Lazar was supposedly at MIT! Nobody who can go to MIT goes to Pierce JC, not to mention the rather long commute between LA and Cambridge, Mass.

I checked his High School in New York State. He graduated in August, not with his class. The only science course he took was chemistry. He ranked 261 out of 369, which is in the bottom third. There is no way he would have been admitted by MIT or Caltech. An MS in Physics from MIT requires a thesis. No such thesis exists at MIT, and he is not on a commencement list. The notion that the government wiped his CIVILIAN records clean is absurd. I checked with the Legal Counsel at MIT — no way to wipe all his records clean. The Physics department never heard of him and he is not a member of the American Physical Society.

When he declared bankruptcy in the mid 1980s for almost $300,000.00 he listed his occupation as a self-employed film processor. With MS degrees from MIT and Caltech? Caltech would not have accepted him for an MS program, if he already had one from MIT.

His propulsion scheme sounds good (as do many science fiction stories), but makes no real sense especially in view of how difficult it would be to add protons to #115. Gravity wave amplification sounds great but what does it mean?

He could not have gotten a Compartmentalized Security clearance having operated a brothel. His W-2 form from the Department of Naval Intelligence totals under $1000.00, at most a week’s pay for a scientist. You can’t get a security clearance in a week.

Scientists leave trails. Lazar is NOT a scientist. He couldn’t even answer scientific questions put to him. An excellent review of Bob’s “Physics” can be seen at web.archive.org/web/20061220030435/www.serve.com...

I should add that Bob is a bright and talented guy who operated a jet powered car, put on fireworks displays, and apparently helped physics professors working at the Los Alamos Meson accelerator facility.

edit on 24-8-2013 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

www.stantonfriedman.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Stanton Friedman needs to debunk himself. Some of the stuff he's bought into, and promoted, along with his poor skill at generally detecting fraud makes me rather surprised that he's not a Bob Lazar supporter himself.

I don't buy Lazar's story either, but I bet he's a heck of a lot more fun to hang out with than Stanton.

edit on 24-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
and endless supply of nonsense from the peanut crew like Stanton.. so if he is debunking Lazar.. then Lazar is likely truthful... Please listen to several of the Douglas Dietrich historical reports for a third view..

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'll say it.
I believe Lazar.
I have reasons that I won't share because it's family related,
but all in all I believe him. And hell yeah he's more fun to hang with
as the Gut says. That's John Lear in that picture Gut posted.
Check out this video of the two of them in an undisclosed location near Groom.
www.youtube.com...
This is way back.
And one more oldie but goodie.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-8-2013 by sealing because: link

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I thought dozens of ATS threads have already gone and did that. Why do we care what Stanton Friedmon thinks?

It's been awhile but was Friedmon a yes aliens exist, then no they don't, then yes, yes they do?

That to me impacts credibility and I'd be more inclined to listen to Phage, at least he's consistent. But I would have to research, its been awhile since i read or listened to Stanton Friedmon.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
As for wiping Lazar's records clean....listen, I mean this very genuinely.

Remember that madam in D.C. Who released a list of clients to her brothel? She is a perfect example that even going public all the while telling people if she gets "suicided" it wasn't her, yet she still got suicided. If the government or anyone in power wants you dead, you'd be dead its that simple. If what Bob Lazar said was true he would have been suicided too IMO.

He is likely pushing the same tired crap all government agents push. It's the aliens not the government.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
I'll say it.
I believe Lazar.
as the Gut says.

Awww, sealing, you know we wanna hear about that. Any way you could tell it without revealing too much?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Awww, sealing, you know we wanna hear about that. Any way you could tell it without revealing too much?

Yes please!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
stanton friedman pops up on every program i watch over here in uk and have to admit i,m like yeah ok then to some of the stuff he spouts.

for him to come out and say lazar is a fake is like the pot calling the kettle black.
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Anything for you the Gut,
My brother and his good friend have known Bob
just about through it all. From College all the way up to Bobs' current job
as owner of United Nuclear.
My brother and his friend both are science PhDs ,
& certainly are not ones for hyperbole . And considering how much I badger them
they really don't want to be involved in defending Bobs UFO tales.

But... they also make a point to say they don't discount these stories either.
What they can say is Bobs' credentials, work places and general geek knowledge
regardless of what Stan says, are known to my brother and his friend.
At least through his time at Sandia/Los Alamos.
Neither know anything about S-4 or Groom of course.
Which yes is all heresay, but I have the benefit of knowing my brother.
That's about all I can say.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

And that is actually quite awesome. If nothing else you provide a character witness of sorts. Thank you for that!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Thank you Rosintiate.
My problem has always been I like them both.
Friedman and Lazar. So what can I do? Haha
I have to go w Lazar on the put downs simply because I know
people that have known him all along.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

I appreciate your posting. And yes, at first glance one would agree that Bob Lazar was a hoaxer. However, there still is a resonance of 'what if'? I've seen Stanton at a conference on the subject of ET. He emphatically claimed that "They, ET" do exist, but instead of UFO's, he prefers the classification as 'flying saucers'. I was there, I heard him say it with conviction two years ago at a convention in Colorado.

Lazar's story still is interesting, the fact that he may have worked for a contractor a LANL's is a "SO"!! he was there.

I am neither endorsing or denying the story, but....enough people believe, if Lazar had the courage, and smarts to use media to release his story....then unless unrefutable proof exists.....then like everything else...WHY NOT??

I don't know the answer, all I can say is that it is possible, and whatever Stanton has found ( and I do respect him), but more recently have begun to believe he is a missionary of disinformation....then...the story remains unclear.....I would not doubt Lazar who has gone on to start his own business, he has supporters, and then again....questions remain.......Questions perhaps someone wants us to ask to cloud the truth...Peace!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

...What they can say is Bobs' credentials, work places and general geek knowledge
regardless of what Stan says, are known to my brother and his friend.
At least through his time at Sandia/Los Alamos.
Neither know anything about S-4 or Groom of course.
Which yes is all heresay, but I have the benefit of knowing my brother.
That's about all I can say.

Thanks, brother! Since you shared that I will make a confession: I haven't totally written off Bob's story. Something about it, and I don't really know why, has always made me keep the possibility open that at least some aspects of it might be true.

And as been pointed out: In the last few years I've had suspicions, like ItDepends mentioned above, that Friedman might be involved in some disinfo.

So, since Stanton is trying to debunk Lazar, then that might be another point in Bob's favor---as has also been mentioned by a few here.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ouch, my jaw hurts from yawning.

More Lazar entertainment

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Didn't Friedman buy those MJ 12 documents hook, line & sinker?

Thought George Knapp confirmed that he worked at Los Alamos via a year book or employment roster. I'd believe George Knapp over Friedman any day of the week.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You DON'T get all that information Lazar claims he has ranging from in-depth details about UFO propulsion to the details of alien races and their intentions and what not FROM SIMPLY DISCOVERING an UFO held in a secret facility by accident as a contractor.

Even if we assume that there is/was really an UFO stored at some government facility and someone would happen to come across it....now BASIC LOGIC, PEOPLE....how much information would that person obtain?

Even...let's play this game further...some hypothetical qualified scientist with top security clearance who would be assigned to study the tech of an UFO would NOT have the information Lazar claims has.

Lazar claims he KNOWS ALL, including specifics of alien races and very detailed information how their propulsion system is supposed to work - so much miraculous information he can write 10 books about it...so much miraculous information no single person, LET ALONE A CONTRACTOR who just allegedly happened accidentally stumble over the UFO *can ever have*. Bunk, bunk..total bunk.

edit on 24-8-2013 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

What really got me thinking was,
Throw out everything I know personally,
and forget anything Bob says and view it only as surface evidence
and something stands out. To me anyway, and maybe it's no big deal but...

The Bob Lazar and John Lear video tape gets me.
They were taping 8 miles from Groom Lake in 1989.
Let me repeat that.. 1989. John effectively says;
' I'm with my buddy Bob Lazar physicist at Groom lake
And we are alien craft watching..'
Etc etc..

1989 was nothing like 2013 is, as far as knowledge of Area 51 and it's black projects.
Heck it was way more in the dark than even the 1995-96 years, when liability
issues ripped the veil away from Area 51. And yet, there in 1989 is test pilot John Lear,
Bob and his wife, all having a good ol time & obviously exactly where the say they are.
So yeah thats another reason I find it somewhat credible.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Groom lake wasn't as popular as it is now back in 89 but it also wasn't unheard of. When Tom Mahood and Glen Cambell climbed tikaboo the first time (when freedom ridge was still open) they found a rock structure pointing towards Groom to look at the base while staying out of the wind, also a few MRE's.

So people did know they were doing tests out there back in 1989, but that video if its the one i remember doesnt really show much. I could achieve the same thing filming a fixed light and moving the camera around.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I'll say it.
I believe Lazar.
as the Gut says. That's John Lear in that picture Gut posted.
Check out this video of the two of them in an undisclosed location near Groom.
www.youtube.com...
This is way back.
And one more oldie but goodie.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-8-2013 by sealing because: link

--
Yea same here man....
when I first heard about lazar back in the early 90's I totally flipped. Just something about him huh? yes I know, we all heard the brothel story, but he was just trying to help out the old lady, hell I would too, didn't really help his credentials though....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join