Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

WHY?! Autism Regresion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Kryon says autism is the next evolution for mankind. thy are quantum thinkers while we are linear thinkers. thats why they play with doors and bang there heads, so they can learn what it is like to think one thing at a time and in a linear order.
My son is mildly autistic and it is a hard road to be in.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I work with autism (professionaly), it's a very unique condition and way of interacting with the world, it's not always easy... obviously you've got a little one, finding their feet in the world and trying to find their feet through a specific set of filters that the rest of us may not have. I guess the main thing I'd say is hang in there, things are going to change albeit slower than you might like.

There is an awful lot of support and RESOURCES out there, first and foremost goes structure and safety for your child, they'll show you what they need, it might not be clear immediately, but the "behaviours" good or bad are indicators of how they're feeling. From my limited experience the repetative behaviours tend to be a comfort: today is different to yesterday, there's a new thing in the house, I don't like the colour of the clothes I'm wearing - all of these things can be "painful" to someone with autism, but the repetetive "habits" are always the same and they can be a comfort-coping mechanism.

Best wishes

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
It is a complicated issue with many factors such as genetic and environmental. Look for lists of these and try to eliminate them all. Examples: vaccines, pesticides and chemicals in soaps and shampoos, chemicals in the house (carpet, clothes, couch), water (chlorine, fluoride), air, electromagnetic, emotional trauma, food allergies, etc.

There is a downward spiral of interactions of the gut, immune system, and brain. The intestinal barrier can break down due to many causes during development, and parasites and yeast can create openings in the lining that allow food particles to pass through. The immune system responds to these as threats and creates an allergy and inflammatory response that affects the brain.

You need to test for many things. Search around to find reasonable priced and thorough testing. One example is Genova labs. You may have to or want to go to a naturopathic doctor and have them order the testing.

1) Heavy metals - urine test ~ $100 Genova
2) Food allergies - IgE and IgG ~ $100
3) Food allergies simpler test -
IgG ELISA and uses a finger-prick blood sample and a home test available from Yorktest
www.foodforthebrain.org...
4) Intestinal barrier assesment (Leaky Gut)
thewholejourney.com...
5) Fungus/parasites stool test
www.brighterdayfoods.com...
"Dr Lyons has found it amazing how many kids with brain –related difficulties have intestinal parasites. Identifying and then eliminating them can often bring about very clear benefits."
6) Comprehensive Metabolic Analysis (blood draw) - can tell you a lot

If they were vaccinated, it is more complicated. 1 in 150 have a genetic predisposition such that vaccines will cause late-onset autism due to the mercury, aluminum, squalene adjuvent, and stealth viruses. You can find research articles showing that cilantro naturally chelates out mercury, but that is only one step. Probably, removing harms, lowering inflamation, addressing gut and digestion issues, etc., all need to be address simultaneously. Essential fatty acids and digestive enzymes have been shown to help with speech delays. Also some process vitamin B-12 differently and need a methylated version to absorb it.

Important new theory, and comprehensive medical treatment protocol
stopcallingitautism.org...
"Autism is caused by a medical illness in which the brain’s immune system (microglia) attack the connections in the brain. This leads to developmental delays that can cause significant social, communication and behavioral problems."

An audio to listen to: Recover from Autism - Interview with Aleni Prokopius Autism 96.mp3
Interviewed by Mike Adams from Natural News
She did many treatments and had good success.
Search google, or download from torrents, e.g. www.mininova.org...

Some books:

Gut and Psychology Syndrome - Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride MD
Early Intervention and Navigating the System - look at my eyes - Autism Spectrum Disorders: Autism and PDD-NOS - Melanie Fowler

Keep trying to find parents and experts that have had success. You have to accept some things, but try to find and address the cause(s), as well as treating the symptoms with therapies: speech, behavior, occupational, neurosensory, restoring or fortifying the gut and immune system. Most of the things you can do, such as testing, dietary changes, and therapies, are not harmful and can only help.

Don't confuse accepting what you can't change with giving up. It can't yet be proven that it is purely genetic for your case, and so there could be a cause that can be addressed. All you can do is to do your best, but this means full time work as there are a lot of resources out there to sort through and filter.

Best wishes and good luck

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Why again? Why is this happening again? We ask why is this happening to me or to this person all the time but seriously WHY again? Why does this happen to ANYONE again? This is going to be an emotional rant and maybe it's stupid of me to put it up here but I know Moms and Dads here experience the same thing and it might give someone some solace to know they are not alone.

We fought this Autism fight hard, we got so far, he was rediagnosed with a lesser condition twice down to speech delays which he was almost totally over and now we are BACK AGAIN.

My son is regressing before my eyes.

I tried not to think about it. I wrote it off as a one day thing. I can't anymore. There was a point when I looked at him before we started all this as he lined toys up in a row, wouldn't respond to his name, wouldn't make eye contact, self harmed and I just saw autism.

I'm there again today. Same symptoms. Same everything. I had been told over and over, regression could happen any day. I watched it happen, but it was more like two steps forward one step back. This is like 50 miles forward 50 miles back. I didn't think it could regress from the point at which we had come.

It just leaves me saying why. In that moment before his first diagnoses I felt totally powerless, there was nothing I could do to fix it. Patch it up. Put a bandaid on it. Kiss it and make it better. I have been in this comfortable happy world where my son functions with all the other kids fine for so long but here I am again

Powerless.

I want to scream. I don't know who to scream at. I've internalized it already, I've tried not talking about it and all I end up doing is lashing out at the people around me who don't deserve it so I'm getting it out. Somewhere. I don't want to cry. I have to be strong. Seeing my child get lost in that fog again is making me bitter.

I think it's because when you lose them in that fog, you lose yourself in it too. You pour yourself in to the condition and drown yourself in it, trying to make things right. You fret, stay up at night, parental instinct churning away in your mind naturally trying to find a solution when there just isn't one solution. I'm in between the first two stages of grief, Denial and Isolation, and Anger. But there is nothing I can be angry at and there is no moving to Bargaining because there are no "But we could have done ____ better" because we couldn't.

I don't know why I'm writing this other than ranting, and hoping for a prayer or love and light or something inspiring anyone can offer. This is the heat of the moment for me, this will eventually calm down and I will have lined up everything that we need to do and have an organized plan to go at this with, but as for today...

I'm taking today to breathe. Just breathe. Just for today.
-Val

Do a search for the benefits of medical mariju@ana on autistic kids. You'll be surprised.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My son has asbergers and had regressed rather a lot recently in some ways. I believe this is due to altered routine. It is the school holidays and he is going to a new school soon, a secondary school, after primary, which is a major step. He likes routine, even if he doesn't know it yet and would argue against it.

He has also taken to raiding the kitchen at every opportunity, for things he is not allowed, lemon curd, apple sauce etc which he puts on crackers. I monitor the amount of sugar he has and the food he eats as certain things make him worse. He refuses to listen and eats sweet things almost compulsively. He wasn't allowed sweets as a young child and is very rarely allowed them now, and again only certain healthier types.

He has also got some of his slight obsessions back, about making movies and go karting and won't listen to a word of sense about it, I think this is his way of regaining control over his emotions as he is naturally wary of such a major transition as going to secondary school, with a whole new lot of people, places and friends, as well as things to learn. He is intelligent and I am sure will do well though he is concerned about not being good enough at certain subjects, despite getting average or above in his SAT results.

I do everything possible to ensure he still has a daily routine of sorts and is going to familiar places that he knows well and feels comfortable with. He has 'help mummy' tasks everyday, with little things like helping bake cakes, preparing veg, clearing the dining table etc as well as educational tasks, learning media, developmental and physical exercises. Despite this there have been days where it felt like throwing myself out the window would have been less painful and days when my stress levels simply were almost over the edge, though now school is getting nearer and we are organising his uniform, PE kits and schedule he has started to calm again.

For a few weeks it was like a different child had been in his place, an angry, sulky, sarcastic, boy that wouldn't converse without a scowl. Thankfully now he is more like his real self and we are able to do more as a family again without fear of him having uncontrollable public meltdowns at the slightest thing.

I have to say it was one of the most difficult summers and I think I have learned a lot about ways of controlling his behaviour in future. I honestly think if we moved to the countryside with lots of safe land for him to roam free, make dens and be in tune with nature, he would be at least 80% better. He isn't much of a people person but he has a fantastic imagination and is very skilled at lots of things. I think society and how it is structured is a major part in the increase in ASD in children these days.

As a child I felt at home in the woods and I love nature, my son is similar in this respect, he loves camping, being useful and exploring, but we live in a land where there are too many people and buildings.

Perhaps this is useful in understanding there are others going through difficult times with ASD and perhaps an insight in to possible causes in behaviour relapses.
edit on 26-8-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by awareangry

Thanks for your informative post. I will look into a lot of these areas.

My son has Asbergers and he is sometimes better than the average kid in many ways and sometimes off the charts impossible. I believe food plays a part, it is difficult knowing exactly which foods and their interactions, especially as you pointed out, there are other factors influencing physical absorption of food substances.

Interestingly, I make food from around the world, Asian, Chinese, French, Italian, Mexican, British etc and I find Thai and Indian curries using cilantro, or coriander, as it is called in the UK, often makes him more placid and less liable to unreasonable behaviour if challenged. He moans that I give him curry too often.

Tap water is something neither my son or can tolerate, getting stomach aches and worsened tantrums from my son. Perhaps this is due to the heavy metals. It would be interesting for daily tests to be made available for such conditions and is something governments should be looking into given the increased rates of ASD.
edit on 26-8-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
People, keep in mind there are different kinds of autism (simplified):

-High functioning autism.
-"Classic autism." (I call it that, the official definition may be different

I volunteer with a group of males years 20 to 30 that all have classic autism. These males act like very young children. Some do not communicate verbally. One hits himself. One can get bursts of anger. One of them has trouble with certain tasks and says little. One can push other people for no reason and he has to do certain things (most of them have to do certain things). I could understand the hardship in having a child with such autism.

Though I do enjoy working with them. I like them despite their flaws.

High functioning autism is someone who is intelligent but has trouble with empathy. The lack of empathy most make up by being good in systematics. They might have more trouble in social interactions but most do alright.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Why? There are a lot of people who endure hardship. I find comfort in that I'm not alone in that. Why did I have to have a dad who belittled me and threatened to harm me? (I can almost fill the whole page with why questions)

Here:

www.lifesucksbigtime.com...

There are some fake stories in there but you'll get the idea. Not sure if this is anyway helpful but when I felt really bad I found comfort that other people have hardships too. I accept certain things for what they are and try to make the best of it.

Maybe you can join a group of people that also have autistic children. I don't know. Don't lose yourself and stay strong.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Are you familiar with Dr. Rima Laibow's work? She uses electro neuro feedback...basically she teachs the brain and the body the "correct" way to function.I think she lives in Panama.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

from what I understand, one cause of autism is microscopic strokes caused by toxicity introduced into the body, possibly by vaccines...

the lipids (fats) that line the cell walls and define the cells purpose (receptors--see Bruce Lipton--Biology of Belief) become damaged.

Jenny McCarthy healed her son with protocals that are online, both via detox and nutrition....

I detoxed from 911 toxicity w NYDETOX.org ... very effective system and it is free. all of my many symptoms went away after 18 days, 4 hrs per day...

well worth it, even if you are not sick, btw...

seek a spiritual path, asking God for guidance and understanding. Read the New Testament and Christ's teachings. I have found great peace of mind and hope in Jesus while going through illness.

I will pray for you now.

blessings!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Diet is crucial.

also see Dr. Terry Wahls youtube TEDx healing herself from MS with diet.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Having spent countless hours researching this...the worst offending vaccines for causing Regressive Autism are DPT, MMR and Hep B, though the most dangerous thing of all is to combine Paracetamol with the vaccines i.e. take it around the same time.

The Paracetamol prevents the liver from detoxifying after vaccination, Regressive Autism only showed up when we switched from Aspirin to Paracetamol at the time of vaccination. Children who are given Ibuprofen after vaccines do not go Autistic. This was found in a study at the University of California, San Diego.

Now let's count down until the Pharma Shills appear trying to cover this one up, it's their job, it pays a lot better than working in McDonald's (I was told that straight from a chap who recruits them)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiddencode
Having spent countless hours researching this...the worst offending vaccines for causing Regressive Autism are DPT, MMR and Hep B, though the most dangerous thing of all is to combine Paracetamol with the vaccines i.e. take it around the same time.

The Paracetamol prevents the liver from detoxifying after vaccination, Regressive Autism only showed up when we switched from Aspirin to Paracetamol at the time of vaccination. Children who are given Ibuprofen after vaccines do not go Autistic. This was found in a study at the University of California, San Diego.

Now let's count down until the Pharma Shills appear trying to cover this one up, it's their job, it pays a lot better than working in McDonald's (I was told that straight from a chap who recruits them)

I HEAR YOU

I HEAR YOU LOUD AND CLEAR

BUT THE OTHER FOOLS DON'T

MAYBE THEY ARE HERE TO SUFFER

so that they can later in spirit form say, holy crap that was bad, never again

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join