WHY?! Autism Regresion

page: 1
11
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why again? Why is this happening again? We ask why is this happening to me or to this person all the time but seriously WHY again? Why does this happen to ANYONE again? This is going to be an emotional rant and maybe it's stupid of me to put it up here but I know Moms and Dads here experience the same thing and it might give someone some solace to know they are not alone.

We fought this Autism fight hard, we got so far, he was rediagnosed with a lesser condition twice down to speech delays which he was almost totally over and now we are BACK AGAIN.

My son is regressing before my eyes.

I tried not to think about it. I wrote it off as a one day thing. I can't anymore. There was a point when I looked at him before we started all this as he lined toys up in a row, wouldn't respond to his name, wouldn't make eye contact, self harmed and I just saw autism.

I'm there again today. Same symptoms. Same everything. I had been told over and over, regression could happen any day. I watched it happen, but it was more like two steps forward one step back. This is like 50 miles forward 50 miles back. I didn't think it could regress from the point at which we had come.

It just leaves me saying why. In that moment before his first diagnoses I felt totally powerless, there was nothing I could do to fix it. Patch it up. Put a bandaid on it. Kiss it and make it better. I have been in this comfortable happy world where my son functions with all the other kids fine for so long but here I am again

Powerless.

I want to scream. I don't know who to scream at. I've internalized it already, I've tried not talking about it and all I end up doing is lashing out at the people around me who don't deserve it so I'm getting it out. Somewhere. I don't want to cry. I have to be strong. Seeing my child get lost in that fog again is making me bitter.

I think it's because when you lose them in that fog, you lose yourself in it too. You pour yourself in to the condition and drown yourself in it, trying to make things right. You fret, stay up at night, parental instinct churning away in your mind naturally trying to find a solution when there just isn't one solution. I'm in between the first two stages of grief, Denial and Isolation, and Anger. But there is nothing I can be angry at and there is no moving to Bargaining because there are no "But we could have done ____ better" because we couldn't.

I don't know why I'm writing this other than ranting, and hoping for a prayer or love and light or something inspiring anyone can offer. This is the heat of the moment for me, this will eventually calm down and I will have lined up everything that we need to do and have an organized plan to go at this with, but as for today...

I'm taking today to breathe. Just breathe. Just for today.
-Val




posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You're certainly among friends here and I'm glad you shared it with us. Such deep love and frustration raging all at the same time must be extremely difficult. I can't imagine. I do think you are obviously stronger than you might feel at the moment. I can tell by the depth of what you write.

Prayer already sent. More to follow. Hang in there, Sis! Here's a hug (---O---)



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Oh Honey, my heart goes out to you. You have struggled so hard for so long only to return to the beginning to start all over again. How very frustrating and sad. You have every right to feel as you do. Many of us have challenges in life that we wish would just go away once and for all. You are not alone in your frustration or sadness.

I will certainly pray for you and your child and keep you in my thoughts. I know how difficult life can be. I'm sure there are many other wonderful Mom's like yourself going through the same dilema. Are there any support groups in your area? It may help sharing your thoughts and feelings with others who are experiencing the same thing. They would know exactly how you feel.

Take a deep breath sweetie and take one day at a time. Know that your ATS family will always be here for you and never let you down. We will help you travel on this journey through life with our love and support as best we can. HUGS!




posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I wish I could help you, but I haven't had much luck researching Autism. It seems like most of the research is legit, but I can't find anything that is being hidden other than maybe the real cause. The important thing now is to try to correct the problem and quit focusing on the cause. concentrating on the cause may help others in the future and should not be ignored, but it is like beating ones head against the wall, nobody wants to give an inch on saying their actions in the past have caused it. I think it is a conglomerate effect, it is too many changes to fast. Autism is a genetic trait, one in which if it is triggered to come out it will. We triggered it with something so it is activated.

I spent a while studying this, I feel that there could be environmental triggers that can make the problem get worse, but it is hard to identify exactly what they are, we have been changing so much food chemistry over the last thirty years that it is hard to pin down. I think the problem originated before the baby was born, but there should be a way to deactivate the genetics so the child can start to repair the brain function.

It's hard for me to study something like this, it is not like I can give myself autism so I do testing on how to improve it, maybe you can keep track and observe if their are some foods and spices/herbs that help. Most of what I study involves the organs involved in metabolic issues, this does little when applied to autism. Metabolism and foods can interact with the DNA to cause some changes but the research on this application is sketchy as far as repairing. I study medicine, both the natural and the Pharmaceuticals. There is natural chemistry to replace most of the Pharmaceuticals.

Since I do not know how to help you I can pray for you anyway. Maybe I will stumble on something along the way in my research. I have read a lot on the autism sites where people are trying things, but they only get temporary minor results, one bad meal and a setback occurs. Have patients and don't give up.



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thank you all, yes there are support groups, and I have a support mom I can call but it's still just so new I can't really talk outloud about it without totally breaking down. I havn't even really told my husband all of it. It just kind of it me like a ton of bricks and I've hunkered down inside and built up walls to everyone so I thought maybe talking here would give me some support to finally talk to family.



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I wish I could help you, but I haven't had much luck researching Autism. It seems like most of the research is legit, but I can't find anything that is being hidden other than maybe the real cause. The important thing now is to try to correct the problem and quit focusing on the cause. concentrating on the cause may help others in the future and should not be ignored, but it is like beating ones head against the wall, nobody wants to give an inch on saying their actions in the past have caused it. I think it is a conglomerate effect, it is too many changes to fast. Autism is a genetic trait, one in which if it is triggered to come out it will. We triggered it with something so it is activated.

I spent a while studying this, I feel that there could be environmental triggers that can make the problem get worse, but it is hard to identify exactly what they are, we have been changing so much food chemistry over the last thirty years that it is hard to pin down. I think the problem originated before the baby was born, but there should be a way to deactivate the genetics so the child can start to repair the brain function.

It's hard for me to study something like this, it is not like I can give myself autism so I do testing on how to improve it, maybe you can keep track and observe if their are some foods and spices/herbs that help. Most of what I study involves the organs involved in metabolic issues, this does little when applied to autism. Metabolism and foods can interact with the DNA to cause some changes but the research on this application is sketchy as far as repairing. I study medicine, both the natural and the Pharmaceuticals. There is natural chemistry to replace most of the Pharmaceuticals.

Since I do not know how to help you I can pray for you anyway. Maybe I will stumble on something along the way in my research. I have read a lot on the autism sites where people are trying things, but they only get temporary minor results, one bad meal and a setback occurs. Have patients and don't give up.


There are definitely environmental triggers if you ask me. While I'm thinking and reflecting, I realized that a couple of weeks ago he had a rash and had to be scripted a steroid and maybe that set things off. I got to talk to someone and it helped a lot, it's been such a long time (to me) since I've dealt with redirection when he is showing symptoms. Thank you for all the support, I really don't expect answers from anyone just... well just venting. I'm getting calmer already, it helps a lot to know that people care (warm hugs).

xoxo
Val



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


I think I would rather have a kid with autism than a spoiled brat with a cocky attitude and a big mouth.



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


I think I would rather have a kid with autism than a spoiled brat with a cocky attitude and a big mouth.


Pretty much the same thing since my child falls into the spectrum of autism where he now (now being the key word) has the ability to form regular sentences heh. This is certainly not the case with all autistic children/adults there are many shades. The issue and difference is repetitive behavior, hand flapping, not responding, violence, self harm, and not because they are giving you the silent treatment but because they are just, for lack of a better phrase, "in the fog".

I get what you are saying though, despite his condition there still has to be discipline, just in a different way... which I am learning all over again. Children spoiled rotten who are neurotypical and entitled are a peeve of mine considering what we have been through.



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


I don't usually look at these types of threads to be honest, but yours caught my eye and i feel like this might be helpful in some way..

i work with a 21 year old autistic guy (who is verbal and okay with touch but has a hard time with overstimulation, social situations and can be destructive and violent at times..) and i was diagnosed with asperger's just last year (i'm 25 and while i've always been "on the outside" i never really understood the condition and am still learning what traits outline a brain like my own..)

so you know, i understand the general situation but i must admit that i have no clue what it's like to be a parent or even deal with a child who changes even quicker than an autistic kid in his 20s..

but now that you have that disclaimer, this is what i can say from my experience:

autistic people are not concerned with social norms and do not hide their intense curiosity of what most people would term the "irrelevant details of life.."
most people consider themselves quite normal and functional in the world because they are able to overlook such fascinations and be a "productive member of society" but the only reason why autistic people are not considered "productive" is because society has yet to acknowledge their population and talents. There is nothing WRONG with having this type of brain chemistry, one just has to learn how to communicate in that "dialect" and progress CAN be made..

just breathe and take it day to day and keep in mind that just as quickly as the regression happened, so too can a progression take place just as quickly



posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Thank you all, yes there are support groups, and I have a support mom I can call but it's still just so new I can't really talk outloud about it without totally breaking down. I havn't even really told my husband all of it. It just kind of it me like a ton of bricks and I've hunkered down inside and built up walls to everyone so I thought maybe talking here would give me some support to finally talk to family.





Do indeed talk to family and support group people. So what if you break down? Of course you might break down. You have been through a lot. It's only normal. You need the support of your family and friends and I'm sure they will be more than happy to give it to you hun. You can only be so strong for so long.



posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HyphenSt1
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 

the only reason why autistic people are not considered "productive" is because society has yet to acknowledge their population and talents. There is nothing WRONG with having this type of brain chemistry, one just has to learn how to communicate in that "dialect" and progress CAN be made..

just breathe and take it day to day and keep in mind that just as quickly as the regression happened, so too can a progression take place just as quickly


I totally agree with this. Unfortunately... well yeah, society wont acknowledge it. That quote, Having a Child is like having your heart walk around outside of your body forever. It's so true because you feel like you HAVE TO MAKE THEM ACT A CERTAIN WAY. It's hard enough with a "neurotypical" child. It's really hard in social situations with other kids especially an autistic child who thank god can now communicate but understands when other kids are picking on him *sigh*

You are right about progression also. Thank you so much for sharing and reading my thread.



posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star


Do indeed talk to family and support group people. So what if you break down? Of course you might break down. You have been through a lot. It's only normal. You need the support of your family and friends and I'm sure they will be more than happy to give it to you hun. You can only be so strong for so long.


We had a long sit down today (my husband and I) with his father and step-mother. It went -okay-. It's kind of always been "Well it's your fault" or "He only does this at your house" but my son did show some of the symptoms I was concerned about while we were there so they definitely got a little warmer towards us after that and are going to keep an eye on it while he is with them, his step-mother is also taking him to get checked out by his new teacher who he starts with Wednesday tomorrow, so we have made a little progress.



posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


That's good. Just keep us posted.



posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
You're certainly among friends here and I'm glad you shared it with us. Such deep love and frustration raging all at the same time must be extremely difficult. I can't imagine. I do think you are obviously stronger than you might feel at the moment. I can tell by the depth of what you write.

Prayer already sent. More to follow. Hang in there, Sis! Here's a hug (---O---)

Well said Gut,
and ValentineWiggin my heart goes out to you as well. This is a visceral and cruel pain which has skyrocketed in the American population since 1992.

We are going to find the cause of this skyrocketing malady. Do not let anyone push the pseudo-science of "oh this is all just an increase in diagnoses which used to be something else." That stance is total pseudoscientific bunk and ignorance.

The International Journal of Epidemiology cites in its accepted paper from even as far back as September 2008 (Rutter, Fact and Artefact in the secular increase in the rate of Autism", p 1238), a 630% increase in the prevalence of Autism diagnoses in a study control population, from 1992 to 2005 - this diagnoses base EXCLUDES either substitution based or combination diagnoses with Mental Retardation diagnoses.

In other words, the increase is dramatic, discrete and real. It is not a change in diagnosis habits among medical professionals.

And thusly, real is the pain, for those parents who are undergoing this trauma.


A trauma which is primary clinical and immediate in nature - and caused by a recent environmental factor introduction.



posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


Have you tried chelation with EDTA and high doses of Vit C

I honestly don't know what else to recommend

You see, the adjuvants (metals and poisons) in vaccines have already forced the body to cook the brain

the temperature you kid had after the MMRs has done the damage

so even chelating poisons out of the body might not do the trick

AND GUESS WHAT, I have no idea if you vaccinated or if you did it with MMR

but the disease pathway is So Common that I can assume safely you vaccinated with MMRs and he had a temperature soon after

autism shows 6-12 months later if vaccinated as a baby, and by the way, doctors could do it without asking you in some cities

and yes, my heart does go out to you guys,

I hope you will get enough anger and hate in you, to one day help us getting the country back and execute the scum in public court

If you are not there yet, and consider a person like me extremist,
that means you have yet to suffer, and will in few years be exactly like me.

VIOLENCE WILL BE NECESSARY TO HAVE JUSTICE

you don't think so, that's ok. We'll talk in few years
edit on 25-8-2013 by AnyoneSeenJustice because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yep He has either kanner's syndrome or Asperger's syndrome Please look this up his head isn't in a fog he is concentrating on his cars actually look at the cars look at the way he has lined them up.

he makes noises for things doesn't he!

When he speaks listen to him!

get some rope and tie knots in it give it to him it's gotta be lots of knots to not just one or two it's got to be knots within knots Lotsa knots, he will untie them before your very eyes

people with aspergers process visual stimuli faster then normal people our brains also over calculate up to ten (10) times faster then a normal persons.



posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I have two sisters with a child with autism both with very different types of the spectrum as they call it.
your story hits close to home with what my sisters are going through, everyday is a struggle. They have researched everything you can get your hands on about autism also changing their diets to gluten free thinking it might help, but it hasn't. I think maybe it could be genetic, what's the chances this has happened twice with two different siblings both their first child? I do remember when one of them got vaccinated a day later he couldn't lift his head where he was able to before, this is why my sister thinks that may have triggered it, but it's not certain. Just know
you are not alone in this struggle, hopefully one day we will get real answers.



posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
People with Asperger's are the next step in evolution the reason you all can't see it is because you are NOT LOOKING Properly your not seeing what we are seeing Ma'am let your son do what he is doing his cars to him are People, People all lined up in a row it is Orderly, structure, and other things also get him some lego, specifically lego technic we autistics have very logical, analytical, technical minds he needs things like Lego technic and meccano

www.meccano.com...

www.lego.com...

and

Video games on Computer or Console.

These will help you and your son it will give him something to do and will give you a break when he is quietly entertaining himself! I know I have Asperger's syndrome.

I may sound harsh in saying this but it will help you in the long run!:: Get over yourself, get over the fact your son is the way he is. It is the way god made him and you can't fix it and DO NOT TRY Accept that he is one of us the NEW Human race and thank god you have him and not a neuro-typical. You will see eventually! why don't you actually sit there and PLAY with your son more! the reason he is avoiding you is because he's bored of you. You are annoying him he's not gonig to look up if you call his name because he expects you are going to make him do something.

Also Medical "professionals" are IDIOTS this Autism "Spectrum" Disorder IS NOT A SPECTRUM! this Spectrum they are seeing is the childs PERSONALITY SPECTRUM Geez.. different people have different Personalities yes! the spectrum is the childs PERSONALITY!! HOLY CRAP I can't believe you Neurotypicals sometimes!
edit on 26/8/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEthicalSkeptic
In other words, the increase is dramatic, discrete and real. It is not a change in diagnosis habits among medical professionals.

And thusly, real is the pain, for those parents who are undergoing this trauma.


A trauma which is primary clinical and immediate in nature - and caused by a recent environmental factor introduction.

Hey, ES! Any good guesses floating around the academic circles yet on the environmental factor? I know we've heard the vaccine thing, but that doesn't seem to cover all the bases.



posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Hey, ES! Any good guesses floating around the academic circles yet on the environmental factor? I know we've heard the vaccine thing, but that doesn't seem to cover all the bases.


The vaccine thing is total Bull crap we are born like this, This Vaccine crap is just that utter crap I was Born With Asperger's Syndrome what they "the establishment" are trying to do is IMPOSSIBLE how do you Cure the genes you are Born with, eh? how would you like to be called a disease all day, eh?

We know what you are saying about us behind closed doors we have VERY GOOD HEARING better then an dog or cats hearing.





new topics

top topics



 
11
<<   2 >>

log in

join