It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US new war strategy - Breaking Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by nenothtu

Are you seriously claiming that the US has already invaded Syria?

Are you kidding me ?

That is what you said.

Iran has infiltrated lots of places covertly, but not an invasion one. By your standards of what constitute an invasion, the US has already invaded Syria.

Remember saying this ?

REMEMBER ?

How could I forget saying it? It's the entire basis of my question to you, which you have not yet answered. You bolded the wrong part, however - you should have bolded "BY YOUR STANDARDS" They are not MY standards - I'm not claiming the US has invaded Syria. I'm trying to find out if YOU are making that claim. After all, we are discussing YOUR standards of what constitutes an invasion. YOU are the one who listed several alleged Iranian invasions of foreign countries, not me. Just answer the question - it's pretty simple. Yes or no will do.

Are you claiming this as an "Iranian invasion of Syria?" Alliances are invasions now?

What ?

Forget this comment again ?

Iran has infiltrated lots of places covertly, but not an invasion one. By your standards of what constitute an invasion, the US has already invaded Syria.

So which way is it ?

Covert actions are invasions or not ?

According to what I wrote there, they are not. Therefore I don't believe they are. We are trying to determine what YOU think constitutes an "invasion", though, so that we can determine how you arrived at the fantasy conclusion that the Iranian "invasions" you listed are indeed invasions in your own mind.

Alliances invasions or not ?

I asked you first. Answer it.

I dunno - I suppose the Syrians ought to be able to make the rules as to who is "allowed" into their own country. I think the US has no business there even if we got a golden engraved invitation, and I don't care who else IS there. It's not our fight, and not our problem. We have troubles enough of our own we ought to be addressing, rather than going over there to tell someone else how to run their own damned country.

Then go tell Russia,China,Iran,Saudi Arabia,Turkey, Qatar,UK,France,and the US, and every other country to get out of Syria.

Why? What business is it of mine who Syria chooses to do business with? What right have I to determine that for Syria? It's not MY country to throw anyone out of.

I have higher standards than continuing this big bad America is evil crap and giving a free pass to everyone else.

That is not "standards", that's patriotic blinders. Poking around in other nations' business is evil defined, yet you seem to be supporting our intervention where it is neither needed nor wanted, just because it's our country doing it.

I am sitting a new standard of moving on to a better conversation that is worth having because this one isn't.
edit on 26-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I believe you are right in that assessment - cutting and running is likely to be your best option here.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
The absolute last thing Obama wants is a war.

What Obama wants is not relevant.

His job is to receive instructions from those above him and to convince the masses to support those instructions.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

How could I forget saying it? It's the entire basis of my question to you, which you have not yet answered. You bolded the wrong part, however - you should have bolded "BY YOUR STANDARDS" They are not MY standards - I'm not claiming the US has invaded Syria. I'm trying to find out if YOU are making that claim. After all, we are discussing YOUR standards of what constitutes an invasion. YOU are the one who listed several alleged Iranian invasions of foreign countries, not me. Just answer the question - it's pretty simple. Yes or no will do.

Seriously trolling here ?

What the hell did I say ?

What is 'alleged' about covert and open support in Iraq,Afghanistan,and Syria, by Iran ?

That is happening,

Wasn't aware I was a dog, and I was suppose to do tricks for others on ATS.

Already establish that evil American invades countries, So does IRAN because Iran has been right there fighting the US In EVERY THEATRE of the middle east.

According to what I wrote there, they are not. Therefore I don't believe they are. We are trying to determine what YOU think constitutes an "invasion", though, so that we can determine how you arrived at the fantasy conclusion that the Iranian "invasions" you listed are indeed invasions in your own mind

So Iran is sending money,arms,and personnel in to Syria, just like they 'didn't' do the same things in Afghanistan, and Iraq?

In addition, Saudi Arabia and Iran – as competitors for regional hegemony – supported Afghan militias hostile towards each other.[44] According to Human Rights Watch, Iran assisted the Shia Hazara Hezb-i Wahdat forces of Abdul Ali Mazari, as Iran attempted to maximize Wahdat's military power and influence.[42]

en.wikipedia.org...

My own mind eh ?

That is seriously laughable.

I asked you first. Answer it.

Well since you say covert actions are 'not invasions' seem you have nothing to be upset about.

Why? What business is it of mine who Syria chooses to do business with? What right have I to determine that for Syria? It's not MY country to throw anyone out of.

Then what the hell are you arguing for with me for ?

If what other people do is 'none of your business'

That is not "standards", that's patriotic blinders. Poking around in other nations' business is evil defined, yet you seem to be supporting our intervention where it is neither needed nor wanted, just because it's our country doing it.

Yo don't put words in my mouth and tell me what I think, I am on record on numerous threads saying we should stay out of Syria.

Excuse me if i don't jump on the trash talk bandwagon.

I believe you are right in that assessment - cutting and running is likely to be your best option here.

I believe someone needs to move the hell on after all it is none of their business what other people do.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I know all your comments are directed at Nenothtu, however, I just wanted to interject here.

You are getting too upset and acting like this is personal. Its not.

It is not difficult to admit that the United States government is not always correct. It is a government run by humans and as such is going to make mistakes, right now concerning lies told within the United States some feel the government to be guilty of treason... while people can say that, yet get uncomfortable and touchy and refuse to say the United States has made some serious mistakes in regards foreign policy makes little to no sense.

Point is, the United States is backing the worst horse imaginable, the same horse who praises the 9/11 atrocities, the same horse who praises the Taliban, the United States government is backing. It is not difficult for me, whose father was in the military, to say the government is wrong here.

Why hate Iran? In my point of view they are against those who would praise the 9/11 atrocities, they stand against those who praise the Taliban, and the horses they are backing are better for the people, people of the middle east.

No, what is best for the people of the middle east is not always best for the corporate interest or the banking interest, but in the long run what is best for the people of the middle east will be best for the people of the United States too, and I stand with anyone whose goal would be mine, what is best for the people all the way around.

Do I think Iran is perfect? No, they have made their mistakes too, but in Syria.... they are doing fine, and ultimately we would all be better off for it rather than worse.... If the United States and NATO have their way, none of us will be better off, and that is a huge mistake....So I am going to back the horse that has all of our interests at heart, and I am sad it is not my own government....

But as United States citizens, we can stand up against our own government and say no more, it is wrong to back and help the extremists... these are the people who praise the Taliban and praise the 9/11 atrocities... no, I don't plan on helping them at all, and I don't intend for my government to do so either.... we cannot effect NATO, but damn straight we can stand up to our own government.

At some point what is best for this nation must come before ego
edit on 26-8-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Invaded Iraq to fight Americans, Invaded Afghanistan to fight the Russians in the 80's Invaded Afghanistan to fight the Americans in the 00's. Invaded Syria to fight them evil rebels. Invaded Lebanon to fight them evil zionist's. Of course some people don't call that 'invading' which it is.

So you are counting the proxys as invasions hem, all right, now tell me what you get when you add those to the list of US invasions since WW2. You should also include US backing to the IRA and Israel (even if not directly by the government, they had to OK it, or at least allow it...) Heck all of South America (including Cuba and Brazil) would have to be listed as targeted and most of Africa and some nations in Asia (Cambodia, Timor...)

Don't forget Greece, it was falling into the USSR sphere and the US allowed the UK to invade it...

edit on 26-8-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You glue all the terrorist actions and groups to Iran to get the results you wanted. In fact , you know what result you should get from discussion and you want to justify it without any hesitation.

That is called bigotry.

Maybe you can hide your true agenda and close your eyes.but you can not hide the trut and ask others to close their eyes ,too..

Those groups have nothing to do with Iran. In fact it is Saudi money which supports them.

And this is another new thread about US-Saddam-WMDs

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-8-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This thread confirms the new war strategy of US govt.

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join