It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If gun control worked, Chicago would be Mayberry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Khaleesi
www.politifact.com...

"The meme said: "There are over 2,000 crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the U.K., making it the most violent place in Europe. Austria is second, with a rate of 1,677 per 100,000 people, followed by Sweden, Belgium, Finland and Holland. By comparison, America has an estimated rate of 466 violent crimes per 100,000. … So hey, Europe, how ‘bout you shut the #%$@ up about gun control?"

Bless those Europeans and their gun control laws!
edit on 25-8-2013 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

This does go to the heart of the matter.
Violence hurts, maims and kills.
The knife or gun or bat will never kill, will never levitate in the air all by itself and stab, fire or swing itself.

So in all these discussions regarding gun control I just shake my head. The cause of violence period is hatred, jeolousy, greed or coveting. It matters not in the UK where the average person does not own a gun or in my former home America where the average person does. The same cause of violence exists in both lands because we both share the same human condition, and that human condition is subject to being controlled by the flesh. It is the thoughts in the heart which defile the person. For example, the lust of greed, if not mastered, is what drives someone to steal my belongings. Coveting is what I lose my possessions too. If those two things weren't constantly preached from the pulpit called massed media, then the resulting violence from people indoctrinated to be greedy and covetous - falls. If the pulpit of mass media did not constantly preach the exaltation of wealth and materialism, how many less teenagers would not die due to someone else desiring his pair of £100 Nike trainers? If the pulpit of mass media didn't glorify violence and instead glorified non-violence, how many less people would die as a result of a gun or knife.

Gun control advocates almost never admit that the cause of the violence perpetrated is not the gun. So they seek to remove the weapon instead of address the underlying behaviour and thoughts of violence.

Those who advocate no gun control see the condition of people which causes them to want a defense against it. But again, they don't raise the subject of the cause of that condition.

The pulpit of mass media preaches
Coveting
Desire greed
Desire materialism
Money and possessions equal status
Wealth indicates success
Brand names equal status
Drugs are cool
Violent images to desensitise
Families are not important
Idols are rock stars, sports stars and actors

That preaching alone has incited the beast within men and they follow what it preaches. As a result, many are willing and desiring to take my possessions and in the process, think nothing of killing or hurting me, in the process. I then can be made to fear my own life and from that fear I seek a defensive weapon. That defensive weapon however does nothing to change things in society because the prime instigator is that darn mass media which is the "bible" of the majority. Faith comes through hearing and the gospel that it preaches is preached straight into the minds of its parishioners. They don't hear turn the other cheek, love your brothers, love does no harm....they hear the exact opposite which incites them to bloodlust, envy, greed, hatred, addictions, kill or be killed, etc.

Our minds are controlled by the one we listen to, and right now, we have nations that are utterly unwilling and unable to acknowledge that an enemy has overcome us simply through the content we choose to ingest in to our minds. There are some in the black community for example that have been raising the alarm of rap music and it's lyric content. Heard and sung repeatedly, over and over again, imbeds it as belief. Just as I read Jesus words repeatedly, they do the same. Jesus leads me to love my brothers by instilling that as my belief....rap star x preaches money, materialism, sodomy, violence and death and that becomes their belief. One is life and leads to life and the other is the enemy leading to death. Now put a gun, baseball bat or knife in both our hands and watch the results.

In dividing camps along the line of gun control and no gun control, the problem is never addressed. It's a distraction.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Ummm..it works in my country of Canada.

It won't work in America..because of the gun culture there. The gun advocates have fought any sensible gun laws and now because of this..guns are too damn easy to get. So thank the gun advocates..they are the reason criminals can get their hands on guns so easily.

If a criminal wants a gun..just step out of the city to another city, town, or state and return with guns to use, sell or both. It is not that hard to understand why gun laws have failed in Chicago..easy access to guns outside of city...duh.

Gun advocates are just simply idiotic to realize this.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Probably clubbed to death because there are no guns in that 'peaceful society'.

There is a reason they call guns equalizers. If you are a 110 pound female it is the only equalizer you have against a man like me who is 6'5" 265 pounds, now put a bat in my hands, and then add 3 or 4 more like me with the same attitude.

If one was to make a wish we would need to wish guns off the planet and then have some non lethal technology to efficiently replace it. We are not quite there I'm sorry to say, but one day we most likely will be.

The term "peaceful society" is a pipe dream. The problem is that the bad people come to your neck of the woods so there is no safe zone. I live in a upper middle class area and after 3 years we had nothing and even though we lock our doors that was about it. The schools my kids go to have no gangs no real violence with little drugs, great life to live in these times. In the last two years my car was broken into and about 5000 dollars worth of stereo equipment was taken with about 3000 dollars worth of damages.

That woke me up and we got a high end alarm system for my car and house, I park in my garage now, we have automatic lights at night, we also have a large dog and all my family are trained in the use of weapons. I always had guns, but I saw that there were a lot of holes in my defenses that was just begging the bad guys to come.

My wife and I have concealed carry in most states and though I don't carry all the time I do carry on family road trip and camping trips. Even after all this I found out I still had holes in my defenses. My neighbor at age 78 had a home invasion, was beat-up and taped up. Barely able to get out of the tape after hours of stuck in a chair, she could have been that way for weeks...

After that I practiced in my home what to do if lets say a small group of men invaded the house and the alarm wasn't on. With my kids it was to get to my bedroom and hit the panic button on the alarm and lock themselves in if they can. I do keep a gun in my bed room with loaded clips but not actually in the gun, so 10 seconds and I could have a loaded gun. For my wife it was the same thing but I also added a gun to the kitchen and had her practice taking it out and have it ready in the time I shut the front door and walked to the kitchen. It took her 25 tries to feel comfortable doing it quickly.

So at the end of the day there is no Mayberry out there and guns are not the only choice or the only thing to do in protecting yourself and family, but as I said, right now guns are the only equalizer for people like you and me who go though life in a very non-violent existence.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Gun control will never work, because criminals dont operate within bounds of laws. Thats what makes them criminals. Outlaw guns, the people you dnt wanr having them still will have them. Because their criminals. Its that simple.

And that's exactly what it is in Chicago.

The gun violence is contained to specific neighborhoods.

Some areas in the City have no gun violence believe it or not !!

Some areas have more criminals [ shocking ]

It's not the guns, it' the criminals.

1+1=2

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

www.politifact.com...

"The meme said: "There are over 2,000 crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the U.K., making it the most violent place in Europe. Austria is second, with a rate of 1,677 per 100,000 people, followed by Sweden, Belgium, Finland and Holland. By comparison, America has an estimated rate of 466 violent crimes per 100,000. … So hey, Europe, how ‘bout you shut the #%$@ up about gun control?"

Bless those Europeans and their gun control laws!
edit on 25-8-2013 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

I also notice another fact.

Just look at what the political / economic structure of Europe has become.

The politicians had an easier time to achieve the takeover.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thought it might be worth pointing out, I'm from Mayberry (thats not the real name of course) and there's totally gun violence there too.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
well if you are talking about the opie mayberry... well of course chicago would never be mayberry.. first mayberry is fictional.. second they would not allow gun violence in mayberry given the time when it was created. third.. i mean you could have added gun violence but i don't think andy and barney would have made good gun slinging heroes....
the closest andy got to that would be matlock and don knotts the apple dumpling gang.

.. i guess what i am trying to get at is that it is a cute title and all but it doesn't even make sense.

Gun control is bad.. but sometimes you meet people that makes you question if everyone should have the right to have arms.....

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Lol..... In NY we had 52 guns in the house, here in canada we have 41 guns. Only had to leave behind the handguns. Didn't even have to register any of them here in canada, like I did in NY. Canada gun laws are more relaxed than a lot of US states.....

If I still lived in NY 7 of my scary "assault rifles" would now be illegal too

edit on Sun, 25 Aug 2013 18:09:32 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You do realize that violent crimes are committed ... without guns .... in these countries that is statistically as high or higher than the US as posted earlier in this thread?

Yes I'm well aware. There's also the fact though that knives, bats, and so on are less deadly. This means crimes aren't as fatal, it also means criminals are less well armed which gives the police less of a reason to militarize.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by Aazadan

Yes, it does, and that's why we MUST own guns. Otherwise, these kooks gain total control.

What sane person trusts such people to protect them?

They already have total control, and they did it without taking away guns.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

Less deadly? Keep telling yourself that I guess. You get stabbed in the neck, or your skull caved in with a bat, you are still as dead as if you been shot.....

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I definitely enjoyed the Obama video! Haha! I heard a comparison between Obama and Bush, and at first I couldn't believe that someone would make such a comparison! Now I can see why the two can be compared. Plus, Obama's policies now are like Bush's on steroids.

Back on topic, I've found the book, 1987 by George Orwell to be quite interesting. How it ties in? It speaks of a period in time where the people were disarmed and force-fed lies. To the point that the government was re-writing history before some people's very eyes. I think step-one in this process would be to disarm the people and get them dependent on "big bother". Funny how, in the book, these things took place in the U.K., now look at the U.K. London especially... cameras watching everywhere. Did Orwell have a prophetic "eye"?
BTW,
Love the title!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Aazadan

Less deadly? Keep telling yourself that I guess. You get stabbed in the neck, or your skull caved in with a bat, you are still as dead as if you been shot.....

And if someone trips you then steps on your neck you'll choke to death. Just because every weapon can kill doesn't mean they're all equally effective at killing. Also note that because every weapon can kill, if they take away guns they'll simply move to another weapon afterwards.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The funniest anti-gun types are the ones that complain about having the living crap beaten out of them by government police forces at "insert any out of control protest". They are absolutely in disbelief that their own government could fire rubber bullets and tear gas at them, beat them over the head with batons and spray mace into their faces as they chant 'we will overcome'. These same brainless asinine sheep will then proceed to tell you how great it would be if the entire populous was left unarmed without guns and at the mercy of the government and local police forces. Does it ever occur to any of these moronic imbeciles that they might have to one day sling an AR-15 over their shoulder to ensure their safety at large anti-government protests? Wake up.

These people that are stupid enough to leave you unarmed against government tyranny are also the enemy and should be treated as such; no mercy and no help in a SHTF situation.

Someone mentioned gun control only works at a national level, this person lives in a dreamworld as all you need to do is look at Canada. Our gun laws that have been forced upon Canadians mainly due to inner city gun crimes over many years are enforced at a national level by the RCMP. Yet large Canadian inner cities still suffer from massive amounts of violent criminal gun crimes while rural areas in Canada that have the highest gun ownership rates experience the lowest amount of gun crimes. Gun crimes in cities like Toronto 90% of the time are committed using stolen but mostly smuggled hand guns from the United States. However that doesn't stop these same moronic inner city imbeciles from lobbying the government to pass useless liberal feel good gun laws that makes it more difficult for me to go duck hunting and own my *LEGAL* firearms.

There's no wonder the rest of Canada hates Toronto.

The CBC's Rex Murphy says it best about the current state of affairs in Canadian inner cities like Toronto. Thankfully the conservatives got rid of that useless liberal party created registry.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

If it is possible... you would actually be more dead than if you had been shot had you had your throat cut with a knife or your skull caved in with a bat. I learned to respect weapons that were not firearms in boy scouts. One summer camp I went to made it a point to show us the penetration power of a 30-6 versus a broadhead arrow shot from a 75# compound bow. Both were shot into a wooden barrel full of sand and the arrow penetrated 6 inches in while the bullet only went in 3 inches or so. I will always own guns but I seriously respect the ability of everday tools and non-conventional arms in their capacity to kill and they can kill quickly, silently and in great numbers. There are a lot of people who dont seem to understand this, all they need to do is look at Britain and the amount of stabbings and bludgeoning that has happened since they took the crooks guns away... makes the good old USA look like were are all on a cake walk.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Khaleesi

US population density = less than 50 per sq mile
UK population density = 1,000+ per square mile

Factor that into your equation. You're not less violent in the US, you just have less opportunity to be violent with each other on average.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Very rarely do you see someone that is fully aware of a firearms power and has any respect for that power commit these audacious crimes of terror, and at many times, crimes of complete stupidity. Gun Control does need to exist but not to that extent. I believe that enforcing these new laws will do absolutely nothing. Let us be honest for a moment. Drugs are illegal, but not difficult to get at all. This is because of the amount of drugs already circulating in the country. Now we all know guns are a popular thing in "Murica", (America), so do we honestly think making them illegal after having the RIGHT to own them since this country was founded would get rid of them? No, but there does need to be some change in security in regards to this. six in one, half dozen in the other.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aazadan

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by Aazadan

Yes, it does, and that's why we MUST own guns. Otherwise, these kooks gain total control.

What sane person trusts such people to protect them?

They already have total control, and they did it without taking away guns.

They don't quite have it yet. If they did, they wouldn't be pushing for control through the UN.

Close, maybe, but not total, not yet.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Aazadan
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

This is because they tend to see themselves as being people of elevated importance, and thus in need of protections not necessary to the commoners. Instead it just makes them giant hypocrites.

I can't argue with that! They would, of course, but then, people that lie about everything can't be trusted. It's the idea that they think they are "better" than everyone else, so the same rules shouldn't apply. A twisted enough person can convince themselves of that.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

I am an American and I will never pass judgment on another country. We are messed up on this side of the pond believe me. You guys/girls over there don't want guns? Cool, don't have guns. I went through England a few times over the years and I will say overall most people were friendly and respectful, not so much different the here in the US.

What I found shocking though was the recent killing of the British soldier on the street in broad daylight. It didn't shock me that is occurred. Crazy people are everywhere and horrible things happen. What shocked me was that there were actually unarmed POLICE just standing there watching (observing) the attackers and waiting for police with guns to arrive. Now I fully understand that this is not an every day occurrence, but honestly, what is the point of an unarmed police officer?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm sure you all heard about the gang related shooting in "Mayberry" today?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join