It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Critique of "Living in the Moment"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42

One will be passionate to share and awaken the intelligence in others, one little flame has to grow into a blazing fire, which will transform everything to the core.
It is either complete, or totally absent.

Can you please explain what you mean when you say 'It is either complete or totally absent'? I am not understanding what you are getting at.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Look, one can just be, and leave everything for what it is, not bother, nor caring about anything what is happening, that is one way of living.
But what about our responsibility in life, what kind of world do we leave behind for the next generation to live in.

The mind is always concerned with things it has no control over. The mind is next and before and somewhere else. The mind is full of trouble that needs fixing and it keeps one feeling uncomfortable and will not allow any peace - it is the suffering.
The eyes and ears are where the action is really happening - the eyes and ears are present.
The mind is telling the ears that are present that it must look after something that is not here, it must cure the things it has no control over. How can something that is not present be controlled? The idea that you are responsible for curing the world will drive you insane if believed to be true.

'The happening' is what is happening right here and now in plain sight and in plain hearing - it is what is appearing to exist. Without going to the mind which tells stories about other times and places there is no suffering - there is peace. The mind will tell you that you cannot have peace because there is someone somewhere suffering.

If one finds the end of suffering and knows peace then all conflict ceases - one walks among loved ones.
Only in presence does one walk - ones feet touch the ground - one walks in the garden of eden with ones feet but the mind has left paradise and tells horrific stories that torture.
When one is tortured by the mind one cannot see and hear the Glory of God.

The truth is hidden in plain sight.
edit on 1-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I'm not trying to cure or change, but to awaken the intelligence in others by getting them to think, to reconsider, to find out for themselves.
The change will come naturally when people see through the false.
That is what i meant when i said, a little flame has to grow into a blazing fire

So i talk with people, just like we are talking now.
The whole existence is based on interaction, in the physical realm we are separated, i am different from you, just like you are different from me, or him and her.
Through interaction, change occurs, interaction with mother earth, we eat and drink in order to survive and grow, we need vegetation for oxygen, and we breath out co2 which the plant needs to grow.
We need to reproduce for the survival of human species, just like our fellow earthlings in the animal kingdom, and change occurs, we evolve.

The world around us does exist and we are interacting with it every moment of the day, we are related.
The same with humanity, although there are 7 billion people with each their own body and mind, we are related, human and the rest of mankind.

But the mind is different, there is no separation, no evolution in the mind, if there is, it is based on thoughts.
But that is what humanity has created, we have to become, all religions say, you are no good, you have to become good through following the word of god, or we want to become enlightened, successful, famous, rich, powerful, bring the world in accordance with how we think it should be.

That to me is false, but that is what is happening in the world today.
One can let it be, see through it all and negate the false, there is no becoming, there is just this presence in this present moment, everything else is illusion.
But i feel we have an obligation for the sake of our children and grandchildren to be responsible and not put that responsibility aside.
We cannot say, i am not responsible, the politicians are, they make the laws, i don't, or by saying, i have nothing to do with it, don't look at me.
That is what we are doing now, we live a superficial life in which order in the form of laws and norms are laid upon a disorderly mind.
Beneath that thin layer of superficial order, there is complete disorder.

By complete or totally absent, i mean change in the human mind, not my mind or your mind, but the human mind that is pollute and destroying everything it touches.
an individual nor a group or country can be secure if the rest lives in chaos.
So it is our responsibility to bring about change in our self and get others to reconsider, do we have to live this way, is this what life is meant to be.

But that is where we differ

You reduce your circle to what you are in direct contact with and able to control, which is a good thing to do, one cannot take the whole world on his shoulders or go and try to change it.

Whereas i say, it is our responsibility to bring about change.
We cannot just ignore that which is corrupting and destroying, if we do, nothing will ever change.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

We cannot just ignore that which is corrupting and destroying, if we do, nothing will ever change.

Change is constant - the presence is continually appearing different.
That which sees this never changes.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I'm not trying to cure or change, but to awaken the intelligence in others by getting them to think, to reconsider, to find out for themselves.
What is it that you think they should be thinking? What will they find out for themselves?

The change will come naturally when people see through the false.
What is the 'false' you speak of?

We need to reproduce for the survival of human species, just like our fellow earthlings in the animal kingdom, and change occurs, we evolve.

Maybe if we stopped reproducing the earth would be better off. Why do we have to do anything??

Life is alive - nothing has to be done - it already is.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

How are you bringing about change?

Here is a insightful video which may help peace reveal itself.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

I urge you to listen to this video where a woman is saying the same as you and even more passionately than you.

And Mooji answers as passionately as I wish I could speak to you.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Unbelievable, the word change is used, and you feel the need to conclude that change is constant and that which sees this never changes.

As i've stated in my previous reply, "in the mind there is no separation, no evolution, if there is, it is based on thoughts".
Why don't you see that?
But most people have a direction in life, as i've stated they follow and try to become, while there is no question of becoming because it is based on thoughts.

That is the false, and that is what everyone has to find out for themself.
It is not about what i think that they should be thinking, it is about getting them to think, by that i meant rethink, to reconsider.

This is not about me trying to change them, i cannot, but i can talk with them, if they want to.

interaction, communicating with one another on equal base, learning from one another.

But you only say, it is just happening, what is one going to learn from that?
one will just ignore it as your opinion.

Don't be afraid to speak and be vulnerable, nobody has all the answers, i do neither and i learn every day.
Just speak your mind instead of posting those youtube's.

We started this little chat with your question, can the next thought be chosen, and i replied, yes they are because they dictate the direction one is going.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

As i've stated in my previous reply, "in the mind there is no separation, no evolution, if there is, it is based on thoughts".
Why don't you see that?
But most people have a direction in life, as i've stated they follow and try to become, while there is no question of becoming because it is based on thoughts.

I don't understand what you mean by this.

That is the false, and that is what everyone has to find out for themself.
It is not about what i think that they should be thinking, it is about getting them to think, by that i meant rethink, to reconsider.

Reconsider what?

This is not about me trying to change them, i cannot, but i can talk with them, if they want to.

What do you talk to them about?

edit on 2-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I don't understand what you mean by this. [.quote]

Obviously a direction is from a to b, which implies distance and time.

Reconsider what?

That is not up to me to say what they should reconsider, that depends on the questions they seek answers for.

What do you talk to them about?

Well that depends on them, many people, many stories.

But anyway, it is not only talking, one can be in need of support on finance, one can need help for daily tasks like shopping, washing, cleaning and so on.
How old you are i do not know, but i think you will be very happy if (the other) one looks after you when you are in need of help.

Maybe if we stopped reproducing the earth would be better off

Why do you think that?
Are you that bitter?

Why do we have to do anything??

People need a house to live in, people need food, clean water, clothing, safety, and so on.
We can of course all just sit tight and say, life just happens.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I think the topic has gone way off.
I have no idea what is going on any more.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Maybe if we stopped reproducing the earth would be better off

Why do you think that?
Are you that bitter?

You had stated that "We need to reproduce for the survival of human species". I do not see a need.
I am not bitter at all.

edit on 2-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Change is constant and that which sees this never changes.

Itsnowagain uses the youtube videos to try to help you try to understand who you are. If something has been said well on these videos then why not post them as a way of trying to help you understand.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

I would like you to live in the moment for a day and then write about it.
If you cannot stay in the present moment how can you write a critique of "Living in the Moment "?
A deaf man writes a critique of hearing.
At least spend 24 hours living in the moment before you publish more .

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
One recollection I have is after I got done meditating in the woods. It was probably 90-95 degrees F that day when I got back to my vehicle. The windows were left up which meant it was "Really hot" in the vehicle. Still in a relaxed state, I decided not to think about "being hot" and just allow the process to happen naturally in that moment. I decided to drive home without turning on the AC or rolling down the windows and a weird thing happened: My physical body was sweating like crazy, but I did not feel uncomfortable or 'hot' because I just allowed it to happen naturally without attaching to any thoughts of it "being hot." If I would have thought "It is freakin hot in here!" I would have had to roll down the windows.

I decided to stay in the vehicle like this with no AC or anything and drive home just to see if I could stay in the moment and what it would be like. To do this, I focused on my breathing and the act of driving. It ended up being just fine. That was one of many moments that showed me how much our thoughts can disrupt our natural process of being.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Subconsciously Correct because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I think Itsnowagain is more than capable to speak for herself, and it might sound strange, but i do not need help.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I would like you to live in the moment for a day and then write about it.
If you cannot stay in the present moment how can you write a critique of "Living in the Moment "?
A deaf man writes a critique of hearing.
At least spend 24 hours living in the moment before you publish more .

Explain to me how I "cannot stay in the present moment", and you'll find your question lacks any reason or sense. Seriously think about it first—maybe take 24 hours to do so—then explain to me how I've torn myself from the fabric of existence to place myself into the past or future. Explain to me how I am a time traveller, but really think hard about it first.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

No one can live in the moment.
There is only the moment and it is living - it is happening - there is nothing separate from it.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

reply to post by BDBinc

I think Itsnowagain is more than capable to speak for herself, and it might sound strange, but i do not need help.

The videos are posted to clarify what is known here - watching them may help you understand what I speak. I am not sure I understand what you speak so I am not sure that you understand what I speak.
edit on 7-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

No one can live in the moment.
There is only the moment and it is living - it is happening - there is nothing separate from it.

That's your conception of reality, which you've asserted in every single post. It's like saying "everything happens when everything happens" or "it all goes down where it all goes down". What I'm saying is that your assertion is meaningless. It's arbitrary. It is has no use.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join