It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navyforums.com goes to Arabs.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the place to put this thread, so mods please move it if it isn't.

I typed in Navyforums.com to look up some info, and was redirected to Arabs.com.

I really am not sure what to think of this. Why would they do this? What are they trying to do by having this redirect and just who set this up?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I did a translate of the front page and got this

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
maybe no one cares that domains with military names are co opted by other interests? if no one steps up and buys those domains....then its a free for all.

sad but this kinda thing happens all the time because no one is at the wheel.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Probably been hijacked due to a weak password or some out of date software was exploited, it happens quite often

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It's probably because the domain name navyforums.com is owned by Future Media Architects, Inc.

Future Media Architects (FMA) is an internet development company founded in 2002. FMA is primarily known for its large portfolio of internet domain names, estimated to exceed 120,000, and has faced several lawsuits.[1][2][3]
The company is known for its staunch policy not to sell the domain names it owns;[4] a policy at odds with that of most other domain name profiteers. It serves as the second greatest example of domain squatting (second to most "Domain Registrars") .

Source

Which is owned by Thunayan Khalid al-Ghanim.....Source

ETA:

As the Middle East and North Africa are convulsed by the fastest-moving period of revolutionary change in 60 years, Thunayan has launched Arabs.com, a website in Arabic and English that he intends to develop into a major online political forum.

He is simply using his other domains to re-route into his new political forum venture.
edit on 24-8-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join