It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian government claims it found chemical weapons in rebel tunnels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Syrian government claims it found chemical weapons in rebel tunnels

www.theguardian.com

The Syrian government has said it has discovered chemical agents in tunnels in Damascus after the killing of hundreds of Syrians in a suspected chemical weapons attack on Wednesday.

Syrian state television said government soldiers found chemical agents in rebel tunnels in the Damascus suburb of Jobar on Saturday and some of the troops were suffocating.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
And the game of he-said, she-said continues but let's look at it from this perspective.

Who has everything to lose by using chemical weapons?

Who has everything to gain by using chemical weapons?

Two easy questions.

Al Nursa, the most hard hitting destructive force formerly of the FSA, has been found with sarin gas in Turkey and their fellow Al Qaeda brothers have been busted in Iraq actually making the gas, so it's definitely not beyond imagination that the "rebels" have their own chemical weapons.

Assad's forces have had the upper hand in this war but many also say it's been a stalemate between the two but regardless the opposition has been acquiring weapons from overran Assad military bases getting their hands on everything from tanks to anti tank rockets and more.

The latest chemical attack, did it kill soldiers or rebels? So far I just read about the poor civilians that were targeted, RIP children, what a terrible way to die.

The true victims of this mess are the civilians, and if the west intervenes it won't be on their behalf, just ask Libya, Afghanistan, and Iraq.

www.theguardian.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I see this has already been posted, www.abovetopsecret.com... Alerting Mod.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This war is being waged by two factions that are both tyrannical and oppressive. Even the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Martin Dempsey doesn't believe the rebels support U.S. interest. To support either side in this conflict will cause more economic strain on our economy, and sacrifice our sons and daughter for a conflict that doesn't defend our freedom nor our homeland.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Add to that, we'd be sending our men and women into a battlefield we may literally not even be permitted to get their bodies back home from, depending on contamination level. No No No No No No.

My own Son will be 18 in just a matter of years now. Given recent history, starting the war now will have him about the middle of it for draft time...because there won't be volunteers in the numbers they need by then. All the 9/11 recruits will have retired or left by then and I don't see round the block recruiting lines with the general situation now.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If the actual facts of who are to blame are yet unclear to the UN and, ...we can guess, even the US government, why in the world would we be talking about getting ready to pound the Syrian government for these supposed war crimes?

If the truth reveals it was the rebels (perhaps even an unnamed third party?) would that not make our preparing a response before the facts were all in make us (US) look like knee-jerk fools driven by our own agenda?

Honestly, these blatant acts from mysterious sources seem to become more and more common. The problem is, as far as such acts effect the US in multiple ways over the decades, no absolute truth is ever discovered and investigative panels created by the assaulted government always seem to paint their own portrait of the events regardless of where promising evidence indicated.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
And the US needs to MYOB

Let the middle east take care of its own.

We are NOT the worlds policeman

Until we quit killing American soldiers by the thousands in Afganistan we have no business getting involved in a civil war.

We are totally arrogant and self absorbed pricks if we think we (the US) should get involved. It is NONE of our business to interfere!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I cannot see the government using chemical weapons given the US threat. To me it appears the rebels cant see an end despite the weapons the US provided them with, so they have done the dirty and with the US help create a reason for US intervention.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
reply to post by WeRpeons

Add to that, we'd be sending our men and women into a battlefield we may literally not even be permitted to get their bodies back home from, depending on contamination level. No No No No No No.

My own Son will be 18 in just a matter of years now. Given recent history, starting the war now will have him about the middle of it for draft time...because there won't be volunteers in the numbers they need by then. All the 9/11 recruits will have retired or left by then and I don't see round the block recruiting lines with the general situation now.

It would be sucicide for any goverment to conscsript or draft!

Seeing as how unpopular the wars are the goverment are asking for mass disobeidiance.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread966573/pg1

Please add to the ongoing.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join