It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - what is the purpose of us being in a human body?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have a one-word answer to the OP's question - torture.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Its simple-we are here in this form to trash everything-all other species,all ecosystems-everything we touch and even that we don't touch. Mother natures reset button,in human form.
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Excellent observation!

I apologise for my negativity

Can't be positive or negative when commenting on what we see every minute of every day throughout all of nature.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I personal believe that we choose our lives and the physical experience that goes along with it, just like someone that decides to go to an amusement park for the day. Upon entering the amusement park the reality is transformed into a different world, one of fun and diversity.

Amusement park?

If spirits are enlightened, or even if they just have more knowledge than human beings, then this trip to flesh on earth would be called 'slumming it' for them. Like you, I've seen enough. When my ticket is punched here, I will not purchase another.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hey ya jiggerj!

Originally posted by jiggerj
What I'm getting out of your OP is the question of: Do we have a higher purpose?

More like ... what is the purpose, if any, of being in an organic body?
If we are spirits .. then why the organic covering??

No, we are not spirits. We don't have souls. There is no reason for us to exist. No lessons to learn for that great hereafter.

Okay ... since we don't know for sure then that opinion is as good as any other.
Kinda sucky though .. isn't it? All this suffering in an organic body and nothing to show for it.
What a waste ....

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62
I have a one-word answer to the OP's question - torture.

Some days it really feels that way, doesn't it? Being stuck here .. in a body that suffers .. without knowing why we are subjected to the pains and problems ... etc etc .... Kinda makes ya' wonder ... doesn't it??

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If there is a higher being that has created humanity, why do you think He decided to stick our spiritual essence into these fallible and sickly organic bodies

He didn't. The bodies worked fine in the environment they were built for. In the presence of God the bodies don't break down or get sick.

But then humans fell into a state of sin, spiritual, and physical separation from God. And the bodies break down because they weren't designed to work in that environment. But we learn many things from it like compassion, love, empathy, sadness and what not.

It's sort of like if I build an android made of metal. As long as he stays close to a power supply he's fine. But if he leaves his power supply he's eventually going to run out of energy. If we don't keep him oiled he's eventually going to rust.

But as the creator of the android it might not be a big deal. He might learn a lot of stuff while he's away from home. But after he breaks down I'll eventually take him home and repair him and prepare a power supply for him and bring back to life he'll be good to go.

God is no different. Jesus told us we're operating in the wrong environment, but it's okay. He said he left to prepare a place for us, and he's gonna come back and repair us all and then we can operate in our correct environment again. In the presence of God where we don't break down.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I've seen enough. When my ticket is punched here, I will not purchase another.

well I certainly don't want to ever have to come back for another life on earth. It's frustrating not to understand what is going on or why ... or even if there is a why ... and all this suffering ... ugh.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

So I get from that, that you subscribe to the Adam and Eve were perfect theory and that we are all sick and falling apart because those two people sinned. So every human on earth, except for Adam and Eve, have bodies that aren't living to the purpose that God intended?

Okay.
Thanks for your answer.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Okay ... since we don't know for sure then that opinion is as good as any other. Kinda sucky though .. isn't it? All this suffering in an organic body and nothing to show for it. What a waste ....

Think of it from THIS direction: All this suffering, for every creature ever born since the beginning of life on this planet (about three BILLION years worth of suffering) would suggest a maniacally cruel creator that loves giving pain. Oh no, I would not want meet this entity!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You've got a point.

I've read what the Catholics say and what the Buddhists say and what others say about suffering. Some times it seems to make sense that suffering teaches ... but at the same time a lot of suffering seems pretty useless and downright cruel. ( I say this as I'm dealing with a summer flu .. and not to gross you out but my tongue is ulcered to the point of being raw ... so someone tell me what higher purpose any of this can possible provide??? I'm not seeing it).

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
We are on earth like animasl, where here to re produce to keep the species alive, to work, to purchase and to pay taxes, then die.

Now my job is to enjoy everyday to the fullest, my kids will keep a part of me till they die, or make more kids, i will be immortal lol.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

spirits .. then why the organic covering?? No, we are not spirits. We don't have souls. There is no reason for us to exist. No lessons to learn for that great hereafter. Okay ... since we don't know for sure then that opinion is as good as any other. Kinda sucky though .. isn't it? All this suffering in an organic body and nothing to show for it. What a waste ....

What I find disappointing in all threads relating to religion and the metaphysical is that people only reply to the conclusions made and not the thinking process that went into making those conclusions. You and AfterInfinity responded to my conclusion when I would have loved to hear your views on this part of my statement:

Any and all questions we can ask ourselves on this topic, our 'spirits' should already know these things. So, why bother slipping into human form?

If we are part of some universal consciousness, then that consciousness must not know a hell of a lot if it needs us to learn things for it.

What would be your thoughts on this?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What I find disappointing

oh .. sorry about that.

Any and all questions we can ask ourselves on this topic, our 'spirits' should already know these things. So, why bother slipping into human form?

So you think that a persons spirit would be formed immediately grown up or fully knowledgable? Can't newly formed spirits be 'baby spirits' that need to learn?

If we are part of some universal consciousness, then that consciousness must not know a hell of a lot if it needs us to learn things for it.

I'm not sold on 'universal consciousness'.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by jiggerj

You've got a point.

I've read what the Catholics say and what the Buddhists say and what others say about suffering. Some times it seems to make sense that suffering teaches ... but at the same time a lot of suffering seems pretty useless and downright cruel. ( I say this as I'm dealing with a summer flu .. and not to gross you out but my tongue is ulcered to the point of being raw ... so someone tell me what higher purpose any of this can possible provide??? I'm not seeing it).

UGH! Summer colds are the worst! Hope you feel better soon, but those summer colds have a way of hanging on for months! Ick!

As for higher purposes, what higher purpose could there have been for prehistoric animals to live and die without ever being capable of understanding why they existed in the first place? Remember, we're talking about 'higher' purposes here, so what higher purpose could there be for the 99% of all things that have ever lived to go extinct?

As you've mentioned, when it comes to tongue blisters, (and I'll add) constipation, men going bald, WOMEN going bald... Where's the higher purpose????
edit on 8/24/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Nonsense. Some people do know, but other peoples thoroughly modern collective rationalization reflex make them immune to the knowledge of others because they believe that everything is relative. Well, maybe it is, but not here, and not in a human body.

We are one. There is no distance, and any distance we perceive is an artifact of living in a 4D space. As one, we contain all, and experience the awareness of all as am unconscious function, like respiration. We fall to matter because it is one of the best ways we can overcome the sense of oneness long enough to experience anything novel. We are divided because we wish to experience hate, pain, frustration, fear, and so on that we may know love.

Our reality is a classroom for unruly 8th graders, and that is perfectly ok. It sucks and it hurts and there are always more questions than answers because - in our natural state - there are no questions, only answers, and the answer set is limited by experiences which cannot be enjoyed "as one."

Move out, get away from the one. Sink into matters and grow. Then return and share what you have discovered. That's it. That's the reason. Hell - a consciousness that has never experienced separateness cannot begin to grasp the concept of unity, let alone enjoy it for what it is. This fall is just breathing out for what we truly are.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
To be honest I don't really think about there being a specific reason why we are put into human form. Animals and other creatures are just as frail as we are. My body is a broken down machine and I don't think it was done to me for a reason, unless punishment was in order. It just happened.

It's not something we can get an answer to, nor will it ever be.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Sort of, but I don't like to think of sin as an action. I think it's better described as a state, like an environment. Like if you're in the ocean. You don't ocean, it's not an action. You're in the ocean.

Sin is the state of being separated from God either spiritually or physically. Which can lead to certain sinful actions, but sin itself is a state.

This is why babies that can't do any action at all still get sick and die. It's not because they committed some sinful action. It's because they're in the state of sin and therefore separated from God's power and they're in a state they weren't designed to operate in.

But we'll be reunited one day hopefully.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No one knows ... so there are no right or wrong answers. Based on your thoughts and experiences and learning .. what is the purpose of us (our real selves .. our spiritual consciousness) being stuck in these human bodies?

Is there no purpose at all? We are what we are? No reason at all? No God? No spirit?

I think the answer to most things, is in the question itself.. So really the answer to these questions can be yes, no, and maybe simultaneously, and then become meaningless once you escape that cycle of thought.. at least this is how it seems in certain altered states of conciousness..
this body seems to be exactly what you have decided it ought to be and our DNA is more or less the "operating system" in which form is manifested but not determined by (at least no more than how some people use Windows, Apple OS, or Linux determines what a person creates and learns with their computer)

I don't want to draw too much of a distinction between the body and mind however because i don't believe our bodies are as limited and rigid as hardware and rather an extension of our minds..

Our bodies seem to literally be "space suits" in which a consciousness can navigate the universe and learn more than say.. a bubble or an ant. Each type of "space suit" has different attributes which allow explorations into every possible realm of experience but from a truly objective vantage point, no type of Form is more valuable than the others..
and it seems to me that this "truly objective vantage point" is what some call God, Nature, Physics, the Wheel of Life, and the consciousness that is reading this..

one who looks into a mirror only sees themselves, but what does the mirror see..?

science and mysticism both agree that everything is the interaction between resonant and dissonant frequencies interacting in an ultimately coherent system, but the problem of consciousness seeming separate from nature creates an "us and them" dicotomy that essentially makes us feel at war with nature (and hence reality itself) and tricks us into using our imagination to run in circles with supposedly "profound contemplations" rather than use our analytical nature to explore, learn, and create with the current of nature..

each expression of conciousness is a part of the same fabric and equally capable of shaping it to its Will.. what we decide is "essential" in each of our lives, has a way of manifesting itself eventually if we don't acknowledge it and channel that energy into something in the world outside of ourselves..

to sum up my line of questioning: what is Birth and Death are some of the oldest traditions and "evolution" is one of the oldest art-forms..???

just some thoughts...

-St1

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

Alright folks, please cut the T&C infractions. Stop being rude, off topic or whatever else is causing this thread to go less than smoothly.

Staff is paying close attention and we will hand out warns, post bans and review your account if necessary.

Regards,

Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

imo we were not created by anything or anyone, we are a life form like any other life form on this planet, on this one planet there are many various life forms to deal with their part of this planet, be it an ant or an elephant or a human, evolution is as adapting, we adapt or evolve through the necessity of what we need to do to survive, if we need fingers 2 feet long for something we need to do repetively then in time we will develop longer and longer fingers until we reach the length required,,, but we are nothing more than a life form, no more valuable than chicken or a lion or cow, all are life forms and all will feel hurt if you pinch them..... probably the worse of the known species on earth is humans..... the rest get by quite peacefully and by using good morals and standards within their species not like humans......

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join