It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - what is the purpose of us being in a human body?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm thinking something along the lines of a massively-multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG.) Think World of Warcraft, Age of Empires, Matrix Online, Lord of the Rings Online etc. How much further do these games really have to advance before they're indistinguishable from the "real" world? At a certain point, it becomes more statistically probable that we're living in one of an infinite number of potential simulated realities/sub-realities. Beat the game and become the "God" of your own world/universe. This way, consciousness (you, me, others) should never get bored. I could go on but I have "real-world" tasks I have to get back to

Best make it the best simulation you can whether it is or not. Use your illusion, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

I think of my body as a home for my soul, my body is not me.

youtu.be...

edit on 123131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 123131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well I already said my belief and what not, but now on to something a bit humorous. Ever hear that saying you always want what you don't have? Maybe having a body just seems to suck because we have them. If we didn't have them maybe we would want them back.

This is a YouTube clip of where someone took two instances of the CleverBot AI and had them talk to each other. While it's mostly nonsense at the end of the video the one AI asks the other if it wants a body and they both agree that they want a body?

I find interesting that both AIs seem to want a body lol. Maybe when we were spirits and just floating around we had a similar conversation ourselves lol.

edit on 26-8-2013 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2013 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
what is the purpose of us being in a human body?

So we can have sex with attractive people and create new vessels for souls to occupy, thats what I thinky, also it is the body that allows physical experience which in my belief system is important to the cultivation and education to your concious soul. so kind of a 2 purpose deal with the body and all.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We are not in a body. We are a body.
Just a highly evolved organism which has become self conscious. A piece of biological machinery.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I'm not looking for answers, nor a path. Sorry. Just having entertaining discussion.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Darwinians will claim we just evolved this way - survival of the fittest, no particular reason past that.
They have limited imagination and a very myopic [narrow viewed] intelligence.

Look at what we can now do, create, manufacture and control and tell me this is no more than evolution. The
human body is apparently designed to take control and master the environment, first here on Earth and in the
future the outer planets and ultimately the universe - The purpose of the Human body is to fulfill a destiny that
is beyond your wildest imagination !
edit on 27-8-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

You know, therefore you are. Knowing comes before thinking. In the gap between two thoughts you are aware of something. And you know that you are aware.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Anyone ever stop to think just how silly it all is.

1. We have a body because we're here to learn = Well why not allow the soul to transform into a human body. Spirit world must be run by jerks.
2. Aliens trapped us in these bodies = Aliens are jerks.
3. God trapped us in our bodies = God is a jerk
4. The soul is a code and this reality is a simulation = The programmer is a jerk.
5. Life just happens to work like that = Life is a jerk.

No matter how you look at it the forces that trapped you in the body is a jerk. There are infinite number of peaceful ways to go about learning yet the power in charge picks the jerkish way of doing things.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Barthandelus

Very funny

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Ill wake up my Metaphysical side for this comment....

Purpose of Human Body = reproduction.

Purpose of Human Conscious = Memory(experience)

Body gives birth to new body so the consciousness can inhabit and and learn.

Cycle Repeats until the Consciousness is satisfied to not want a body.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Ill wake up my Metaphysical side for this comment....

Purpose of Human Body = reproduction.

Purpose of Human Conscious = Memory(experience)

Body gives birth to new body so the consciousness can inhabit and and learn.

Cycle Repeats until the Consciousness is satisfied to not want a body.

It makes sense, but it's sort of circular. We have bodies to make more bodies. But why do we need bodies in the first place such that we would have a need to make more bodies? To make more souls or something like that?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

It makes sense, but it's sort of circular. We have bodies to make more bodies. But why do we need bodies in the first place such that we would have a need to make more bodies? To make more souls or something like that?

My opinion would be that, the consciousness needs a body to experience our physical world. The Death and Birth of a body is to maintain a balance perhaps? The Conscience enters a new body if it did not satisfy everything in the previous body.

The need to make new body might be that when it comes to physical world, in order to follow its physics(and biology), the consciousness have to adapt to a decaying host, sacrificing the host in order to earn experience.

The souls or rather the collective conscience is undying and everlasting, it remains the same "number".
edit on 8/27/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
this....

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No one knows ... so there are no right or wrong answers. Based on your thoughts and experiences and learning .. what is the purpose of us (our real selves .. our spiritual consciousness) being stuck in these human bodies?

I don't have the answer. I'm asking the question. What do you think?
Anyone's answer is as good as anyone else's.

If you reexamine the premise - that you're a spirit stuck in a human body that must suffer and decline until it finally dies - then you discover that there can't be any deliberate reason that actually makes any sense, without making the "god" that stuck the spirit into the human body out to be a pretty sadistic and psychotic monster for having done so - regardless of the reason it might've had.

Of course, the finest minds in human history have put their efforts into giving this obviously loathsome deity every conceivable excuse, including the breathtaking catch-all "we're simply not capable of understanding the fathomless wisdom of God", without any one of them successfully letting that beast off the hook for so much unnecessary horror and mindless misery.

When those geniuses suggest that this malignant existential sludge imposes a "pass/fail" salvation versus eternal torment contest upon the wretched subjects it created as if solely to torture and bewilder them with endless variations of precisely the wrong way to worship it, the depths of its deplorable criminality is revealed to be almost too vile to bear.

Maybe - unless you like a disgustingly horrific demon-god that you can worship in (most likely) the wrong way, thereby assuring your own small eternal slice of misery after you've already lost literally everything here on Earth - you should look at the possibility that you're NOT a spirit stuck in a "meat suit". Maybe what you've got to take a good look at is the premise of your question?

Either that, or embrace the insane monster that created you, and quit being upset about the fact that it really doesn't care if you win, lose, or even understand the game you're being forced to play.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

That was an incredibly eloquent reply that I don't entirely agree with, but still makes several excellent points.

you should look at the possibility that you're NOT a spirit stuck in a "meat suit".

I would argue with this: it is entirely possible that our brains are like two-way radios. Each and every living person on earth is each channeling their own particular radio program that starts from a spare bit of code which simply records and reacts to the stimuli around it, and evolves as more data is fed into it.

I think it's definitely worth considering.
edit on 27-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NorEaster

I would argue with this: it is entirely possible that our brains are like two-way radios. Each and every living person on earth is each channeling their own particular radio program that starts from a spare bit of code which simply records and reacts to the stimuli around it, and evolves as more data is fed into it.

I think it's definitely worth considering.
edit on 27-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

What code? Whose code? I'm sorry but you just dropped an alligator through the transom on me. I've got nothing to offer in response.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No one knows ... so there are no right or wrong answers. Based on your thoughts and experiences and learning .. what is the purpose of us (our real selves .. our spiritual consciousness) being stuck in these human bodies?

I don't have the answer. I'm asking the question. What do you think?
Anyone's answer is as good as anyone else's.

If you reexamine the premise - that you're a spirit stuck in a human body that must suffer and decline until it finally dies - then you discover that there can't be any deliberate reason that actually makes any sense, without making the "god" that stuck the spirit into the human body out to be a pretty sadistic and psychotic monster for having done so - regardless of the reason it might've had.

Of course, the finest minds in human history have put their efforts into giving this obviously loathsome deity every conceivable excuse, including the breathtaking catch-all "we're simply not capable of understanding the fathomless wisdom of God", without any one of them successfully letting that beast off the hook for so much unnecessary horror and mindless misery.

When those geniuses suggest that this malignant existential sludge imposes a "pass/fail" salvation versus eternal torment contest upon the wretched subjects it created as if solely to torture and bewilder them with endless variations of precisely the wrong way to worship it, the depths of its deplorable criminality is revealed to be almost too vile to bear.

Maybe - unless you like a disgustingly horrific demon-god that you can worship in (most likely) the wrong way, thereby assuring your own small eternal slice of misery after you've already lost literally everything here on Earth - you should look at the possibility that you're NOT a spirit stuck in a "meat suit". Maybe what you've got to take a good look at is the premise of your question?

Either that, or embrace the insane monster that created you, and quit being upset about the fact that it really doesn't care if you win, lose, or even understand the game you're being forced to play.

Here you are, whining about the religionists' pass/fail system, yet trying to impose your either/or opinions upon unsuspecting posters, as if you have considered all the options. As I pointed out in another thread, all current popular beliefs about the beginnings are wrong, and Big Bang theory is functionally the same as the omnipotent God belief.

Do you imagine that because the "finest minds" cannot solve a problem, it has no solution?

Religions have done a fine job of sucking believers and atheists alike into a weird form of agreement-- that the almighty, omniscient God of their incompetent invention is the only possible creator. You may have recognized the absurdity of their God-concept, but you've still bought into it. Why? Has your anger blinded you to the obvious, that any real Creator must be entirely different from the God you were taught?

The creation of humans makes excellent sense under three assumptions that diverge from conventional religious beliefs:

• God, like the Hebrew Elohim, is a plural word. I'll use an invented word, "Geon," to refer to these entities.

• Geon had an origin, after which they learned to think, after which they developed conscious self-awareness.

• The kinds of entity commonly referred to as "souls" shared the same origin, but were incapable of acquiring consciousness, and were inflicted into bodies for the purpose of maybe learning enough to do so.

There is, of course, a back-story to this purpose, but that requires learning about the relationship between energy and entropy.

And yes, these considerations actually do address your complaint. I dislike life at least as much as you seem to, but I see it as an opportunity that I do not feel like embracing. Others seem to embrace life wholeheartedly. Perhaps if God/Geon knew in advance what sourpusses you and I turned out to be, he'd not have wasted the time to insert us into bodies. But they could not have known. Would you have them deprive others of the opportunity for personal consciousness simply because you dislike how your mind has turned out--- so far?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
the purpose of us being in a human body is to figure out why we are in a human body.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hello FlyersFan,
I hope you are finding some answers to your questions.
I have found much of interest in "Channelled books" such as the Seth series, and much of the information there can also be found in other often much older writings (The Vedas etc).
Other corroboration occurs in the field of quantum science, where our understanding of how little we know grows daily.
The Druids appear to have seen the world in a way often akin to some of our most modern thinkers, and writers such as Osho are adept at drawing together references from disparate sources which resonate together.

Since I feel I chose this incarnation for good reasons, I'm continually seeking to realise what they were, and thereby achieve my soul's higher purpose .

As a general observation, I'd say we are here to learn to balance the physical and the spiritual aspects of life.
Even if at times, we feel like Seasick Steve ..... "I started out with nothing -- and I've still got most of it left."

mistersmith.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join