It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manning Brainwashed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Bradley Manning is not the first individual who appears to be brainwashed by the powers that be. It begs the question: why are they choosing the female angle? Is it because of its impact on society and perceptions associated with females? The timing of his revelations is most definitely suspect. Something had to be behind it. If anything, people are lending more credence to Snowden. Truth be told, we will never know whether the letter he produced had been written under duress. One thing is for sure: the timing is uncanny. ''They'' operate in the twilight zone and seem to enjoy a sadistic touch every now and then.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlowThruSpace

Personally, I don't think there is a "female angle". I think it's just another case of trying to make the leaker look like he's somehow abnormal. Kind of like trying to get everyone to believe that Assange was a rapist. Before too long we'll hear some strange story about Snowden to try and discredit him too. The trick is to lead everyone to believe that they all have a screw loose somewhere.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The timing? Obviously his lawyer (Coombs) advised him to wait until after his sentence. Some background on Chelsea Manning.

Who Is Bradley Manning?

Manning began questioning his sexuality at the age of 13 and came out quietly to a few friends in 2000. “He just didn’t feel it was necessary to tell his family,” explained one of his childhood friends.

Soon after he arrived in Iraq, Manning began to grow troubled by his gender identity. He later wrote that the stress of deployment led him to question whether he truly identified as a man, and he reached out to a gender counselor online in November 2009.

Manning later revealed that he had dressed up as a woman during his trip home, with a “wig, breastforms, dress, the works.”

Manning emailed a letter to an Army superior confessing his gender identity disorder and sent a photo of himself dressed as a woman to one of his commanding officers.

This is my problem. I’ve had signs of it for a very long time. I’ve been trying very, very hard to get rid of it. It is not going away. It is haunting me more and more as I get older. Now the consequences are getting harder. I am not sure what to do with it. It’s destroying my ties with family. It is preventing me from developing as a person. It’s the cause of my pain and confusion. It makes the most basic things in my life very difficult. The fear of getting caught has made me cover up. It is difficult to sleep and impossible to have conversations. It makes my entire life feel like a bad dream that won’t end. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what will happen to me. But at this point I feel like I am not here anymore. Everyone is concerned about me, and everyone is afraid of me. I am sorry.

Signed, Bradley Manning.

Manning wrote that he was establishing a digital presence for “Breanna Manning,” the name he planned to assume after transitioning.

Manning, who planned to transition from male to female, worried about being caught and there being photos of him “as a boy” in the media.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm sure this will be a very interesting time for him if his choice of timing for transition doesn't buy him a ticket to insulated protection.

I can't imagine a military prison, of all the prisons and types there are, being a friendly environment to folks like him. Is there a more ultra-Alpha environment than where they send the guys too violent or wacko for even the military?? That is saying something about his future neighbors and....intimate friends. I doubt he'll be asked whether he wants intimacy or not. I can sympathize with him....doing anything the human mind can come up with to avoid what surely awaits him among that group.
edit on 24-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
I'm sure this will be a very interesting time for him if his choice of timing for transition doesn't buy him a ticket to insulated protection.

I can't imagine a military prison, of all the prisons and types there are, being a friendly environment to folks like him. Is there a more ultra-Alpha environment than where they send the guys too violent or wacko for even the military?? That is saying something about his future neighbors and....intimate friends. I doubt he'll be asked whether he wants intimacy or not. I can sympathize with him....doing anything the human mind can come up with to avoid what surely awaits him among that group.

I don't think sympathy's going to help him, so you're saying being with the girls is easier? This may be true, may.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I'm not sure that would be true in civilian prison. The shows that film inside the prisons don't necessarily look much happier for life in the female units than the male ones. A whole different nature to the misery, perhaps, but no better.

I'm just thinking, for a moment, how I'd feel in his position and having been inclined the way he was to act in the first place (T/G aside). Now, in his shoes, you're looking at 3 1/2 decades with people like the fine examples of U.S. Solders who featured in the movie :"Casualties of War". I think one of them is still in Leavenworth Prison today.

This is totally outside anything I feel about Manning for his deeds that got him here. I'm just thinking of the human side of it now. There are some...like SSGT Bales, I think earned his time and oh..abuse would be something I don't feel bad to hear happened. Not generally so. He also looks like a big man who can handle himself. Manning looks like bait fish on the hook, being dropped into a pool of sharks.

The Transgender announcement chummed the waters....and now, heck, they almost HAVE to give him protection status. He may well get abused to death, literally, otherwise?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000

I'm not sure that would be true in civilian prison. The shows that film inside the prisons don't necessarily look much happier for life in the female units than the male ones. A whole different nature to the misery, perhaps, but no better.

I'm just thinking, for a moment, how I'd feel in his position and having been inclined the way he was to act in the first place (T/G aside). Now, in his shoes, you're looking at 3 1/2 decades with people like the fine examples of U.S. Solders who featured in the movie :"Casualties of War". I think one of them is still in Leavenworth Prison today.

This is totally outside anything I feel about Manning for his deeds that got him here. I'm just thinking of the human side of it now. There are some...like SSGT Bales, I think earned his time and oh..abuse would be something I don't feel bad to hear happened. Not generally so. He also looks like a big man who can handle himself. Manning looks like bait fish on the hook, being dropped into a pool of sharks.

The Transgender announcement chummed the waters....and now, heck, they almost HAVE to give him protection status. He may well get abused to death, literally, otherwise?

This could be his plan, as an alternative to 35 years, perhaps he thought it'd be better to die as soon as possible and he'd come up with such a twisted scheme. Or someone came up with it for him.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Absolutely. They are destroying the messenger as best they can. They had a lot of time while in custody to modify his behavior and thought patterns. As the other poster said like trying to make Assange out to be a rapist and now they're also accusing the recently killed reporter of being a meth head.
As Napoleon once remarked: It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous. Our government has been literally dancing those steps recently with their character assassination of whistle blowers. It's become painfully obvious to all yet the government persists in their lies as they no other recourse.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This definitely stinks. He was openly gay, according to the buzzfeed article, got his/her security clearance in 2007, yet while campaigning for gay rights, retained his clearance clear until 2010, when he leaked info?

Why doesn't the gubbermint suspend clearances until an evaluation/character assessment can be done? Giving out security clearance to "identity crisis" individuals, and not revoking them? Yep, this is stinky, really stinky, IMO. National Security issues, and "unstable" individuals get clearance to secret documents? PLEASE.

I don't buy it for a second.

He/she has become a patsy.

new topics

top topics

join