It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
In a hundred years from now everybody alive right now will be dead...so all our fighting that we do is meaningless because when our kid's grow up they will look to what we left them and if that is not a good enough reason to stop all these wars and join together then what is...if we as a species are to survive we need to look to the stars but we can't do that if we are killing each other...so i ask you..do we need outside help weather that be from aliens or a GOD what will it take?.

Thought's and opinions
edit on 20/08/2013 by KILLERCODE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by KILLERCODE

Rant.....

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Personally? I think we need outside signs. We, as a species, need it right between the eyes with a 2x4 that we aren't the figurative center of the Universe. We learned we aren't the physical one, but a seeming majority still believe we could be or are the only life of any kind, or at least the only life worth calling advanced, anywhere in the endless universe.

As long as that is the general operating assumption in daily life? Then no bigger problems can exist than who is President in America in 2016 or what they name the Royal Baby in London ...or the gang rape of a Journalist (this time) in India. War is just the constant background roar through history, it seems.

See a true outside, intelligent presence be proven beyond question? Heck..even finding a floating bit of debris from alien tech that is impossible to even joke as being anything else ..and I think all that changes pretty quick. That's just what it'll take, IMO. Sad..huh?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

do we need outside help weather that be from aliens or a GOD what will it take?

Yes. I think the Bible makes that pretty clear. There's a reason the Bible points out man's faults and why we have a tendency to repeat our mistakes over and over and over again. According to the Bible, God will step in to correct it for us before we completely destroy ourselves.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Problem is the generation that fought the wars and know how terrible war eventually die off. Their warnings fade and new generations grow up in their place. Having not been forewarned the new generations fall into the same cycle of repeating history.

Good for you for seeing the horror of war. But you are alive during it, so you have that advantage. When I was in grade school they showed films to us kids of Hitlers death camps. Hills of corpses. Bull dozers pushing bodies into trenches... quite compelling. Maybe one day the videos of atrocities that are being recorded on the internet now will be required viewing in children's classrooms.

I doubt it though. Censorship is always guarding the gates. TV, movies and media carefully omit the realness of events in the world today. Behind the censorship is some squeamishness at the sight of blood or death, but really behind that is the same group of people that want us ignorant to the horror of bloody history so they can continue to propagate it at their whim.

I'm not condoning violence by the way, quite the opposite. If people could really see what their governments do in the name of peace...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Well then, I guess there's nothing to worry about!

The big invisible man in the sky has got us covered . . . for a small fee . . .

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I think the reset button just needs to be hit.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

The truth is, regardless of whether people believe in God or not, is that mankind repeats mistakes and no one has been able to correct that fact.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I don't think there is any correcting. We are largely a broken species.

"Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death."

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000

Personally? I think we need outside signs. We, as a species, need it right between the eyes with a 2x4 that we aren't the figurative center of the Universe. We learned we aren't the physical one, but a seeming majority still believe we could be or are the only life of any kind, or at least the only life worth calling advanced, anywhere in the endless universe.

As long as that is the general operating assumption in daily life? Then no bigger problems can exist than who is President in America in 2016 or what they name the Royal Baby in London ...or the gang rape of a Journalist (this time) in India. War is just the constant background roar through history, it seems.

See a true outside, intelligent presence be proven beyond question? Heck..even finding a floating bit of debris from alien tech that is impossible to even joke as being anything else ..and I think all that changes pretty quick. That's just what it'll take, IMO. Sad..huh?

Just wanted to add one other truth to your signature, knowledge is power and time is money. Time is also the most valuable thing you can't own, for now at least, you can't get it Back. I believe you are right we are too complacent. The polar ice pack has melted father than we know it has ever been. The consequences which will be catastrophic.

The next few years should be interesting.

The Bot

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed

What does that mean??

We should all die?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Sounds Legit.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILLERCODE
if we as a species are to survive we need to look to the stars but we can't do that if we are killing each other...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

What does that mean??

We should all die?

I think they mean everyone should be killed off the earth because it will solve everything that humans have done to mother*** nature..

Go right ahead you first is my response to that..

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

What does that mean??

We should all die?

No the way I see that particular response (allowing for the possibility I am wrong, of course) is that there are those who know we have been involved with time dilation and revisionist history, via current technology, mostly not admitted to, for quite some time now, but don't want to say that outright bc of the crazy label.

Reset and we do it all over again, for this time around isn't supplying, yet what is necessary, or it's gotten out of hand.

For the OP, that's what it would take: first, admitting to certain technological advances and manipulations, finally, and the allowance and admitting to the true history, of if what I mention first makes that impossible or negates it, because we've acted it out doesn't make it any less true, each and all of them (histories and timelines), if we don't first come clean, fully admit to quantum entanglement and computing, AI's in control and such outrageous possibilities, without even admitting to it, which keeps us all in the dark always, or certain others who do know and don't admit it, using this as bait to fish, while we are being farmed, for our identities, life experiences and individuality, in order to negate all of that, and attribute what we wish to wherever we wish to, even if that is not what, how or who really happened or participated.....
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Absolutely great pic to demonstrate your opinion on this. Wish I could find the still shot from Kubrick's 2001: A Space Oddysey, of the monkeys discovering the monolith and throwing the one bone in the air......for both express similar viewpoints.....
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Bingo.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

Bingo.

Thanks, I think, for I wish none of that were true or even a possibility....
2nd

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

What does that mean??

We should all die?

In a sense, Seabag, though I am uncomfortable with your contribution as a RUST contributor, yes, that is probably the ultimate goal. God knows, some of us have done that over and over....Not that I agree with either.

new topics

top topics

join