It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof we were Created - Yes, I said Proof!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Originally posted by tremex
Your ancestry has been laughing at something imaginary the same way as you do due to unsurpassed ignorance.

I haven't really claimed that any numbers are imaginary (as much as what some claim they can represent) so it's a strawman, intentionally or otherwise.....

Read again, for christsake: Did I say that you had claimed that "any numbers are imaginary?" I said that folks like you were laughing at something not real - something that they couldn't stumble over and fall on their dumb ass. I said "something imaginary" - something like the imaginary numbers.

Why is it so that the militant anti-theists are so thick, not capable of comprehending the meaning of a simple sentence? Is it because they want to boost the evolution theory by showing that they are still evolving from apes?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Your ancestry has been laughing at something imaginary the same way as you do due to unsurpassed ignorance.

I haven't really claimed that any numbers are imaginary (as much as what some claim they can represent) so it's a strawman, intentionally or otherwise.....

Read again, for christsake: Did I say that you had claimed that "any numbers are imaginary?" I said that folks like you were laughing at something not real - something that they couldn't stumble over and fall on their dumb ass. I said "something imaginary" - something like the imaginary numbers.

Why is it so that the militant anti-theists are so thick, not capable of comprehending the meaning of a simple sentence? Is it because they want to boost the evolution theory by showing that they are still evolving from apes?

You bring up a convoluted straw man argument to defend your belief in god that was totally irrelevant and your calling him thick. Wow your funny heres an idea maybe you should refrain from insulting people one your not very good at it and two well lets just say your not on the same page with the rest of the planet.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
You bring up a convoluted straw man argument to defend your belief in god that was totally irrelevant and your calling him thick. Wow your funny heres an idea maybe you should refrain from insulting people one your not very good at it and two well lets just say your not on the same page with the rest of the planet.

You bring up a convoluted straw man argument to defend your belief in God. That was totally irrelevant and you're (your) calling him thick? Wow, you're (your) funny, here's an idea: maybe you should refrain from insulting people. One, you're (your) not very good at it, and two, let's (lets) just say you're (your) not on the same page with the rest of the planet.

Dragonrider, eye retiped yore post do two it spelling not being on the same page as the rest of the world. Also, the poster you replied to is better at insulting people that you are about spelling.

Also, dragonrider, can you please provide a definition of the word thick?

the topic of the thread is proof that we were created.
the second law of thermodynamics finds that organized systems degenerate into chaos and not the other way around.

edit on 1-9-2013 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirited75

You bring up a convoluted straw man argument to defend your belief in God. That was totally irrelevant and you're (your) calling him thick? Wow, you're (your) funny, here's an idea: maybe you should refrain from insulting people. One, you're (your) not very good at it, and two, let's (lets) just say you're (your) not on the same page with the rest of the planet.

Dragonrider, eye retiped yore post do two it spelling not being on the same page as the rest of the world. Also, the poster you replied to is better at insulting people that you are about spelling.

the second law of thermodynamics finds that organized systems degenerate into chaos and not the other way around.

First, you're not a comedian.
Second, the word "thick" was used in a previous post by another user.
Third, why are you reminding us of the subject in the OP but banging on about the second law of thermodynamics?
edit on 1-9-2013 by helldiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Of cource we were created.

As soon as the big bang apeard the material to form us were sorting it self out.

- The idea that God shaped the dirt to create man is not that far fetched. Even evolutionists talk about how the soil, water and so on over billions of Years formed life.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

well the word thick was used in a post i responded to why don't you try reading its amazing what you can learn. As far as the straw man again when someone says god is imaginary and your response is well there's imaginary numbers i think that qualifies. Now when typing on my cell its easier to remove punctuation because i have to switch the case on the keypad. Doesn't change the fact that that trolling and insulting is not discussing the issue and apparently you have a similar problem. You're bringing up the second law of thermodynamics when again it was irrelevant to the post is if entropy some how supposed to prove evolution wrong?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Read again, for christsake:

Warning, warning.....danger Will Robinson.....I repeat, danger..... Let's leave jc out of it ok?

Did I say that you had claimed that "any numbers are imaginary?"

You seemed to find it necessary enough to point out something regarding "imaginary numbers" and so clearly inferred exactly that, yes.

I said that folks like you were laughing at something not real - something that they couldn't stumble over and fall on their dumb ass. I said "something imaginary" - something like the imaginary numbers.

I can see where you meant that, now that you have explained. Though again you (not I) did specifically (and irrelevantly) mention "imaginary numbers".

Why is it so that the militant anti-theists are so thick, not capable of comprehending the meaning of a simple sentence?

It is an endearing quality we have.

Is it because they want to boost the evolution theory by showing that they are still evolving from apes?

We are also "evolving Apes" (yes, we are Apes) more so than "evolving from Apes" (we evolved from a common ancestor with the other Great Apes). Out of curiosity, how would you explain the morphological similarities between us and say, the Orang-utan? God wanted to make it that way?

Have you found anything that would show that we were created (as the op doesn't seem to have)? You know, like a creator, or a genuine explanation of how exactly this task was accomplished.....beyond..... he just spontaneously generated us into existence.....no evolution necessary just *poof*, there you go? If, "in the beginning was the word", did it sound anything like "abracadabra" or "hey presto"?

edit on 2-9-2013 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I like to refer to halos.com. Here we have the World's most respected scientist on polonium halos in granitic rocks stating that the World must have cooled in about 3 minutes after it was created.

His offer to face off with those who would rebut him have gone unanswered. However, his online critics, who are not "experts" in this field, claim he is wrong.

Ironically, he has changed from an evolutionist to a believer.

Go figure.

Then there is Sir Anthony Lew, the most famous atheist of the 20th century, who recently accepted that there must have been a Designer due to the complexities of DNA.

Then there is Dawkins, who has also admitted there must be a designer (video on YouTube).

There is so much scientific information pointing to a Designer, if you will, that it is ridiculous to believe otherwise.

Take for example the human genome. Let's pretend for a minute that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old. There are 3 billion base pairs in the human genome. That means, to believe that there is no Designer, you would have to believe that a replicating living substance successfully replicated every year since life could begin to form on Earth, and would have to form one new successful base pair in every replication every year.

Don't be ridiculous. The reason to be an atheist is to not want to study about or believe in or be responsible to God for your actions. Period.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Then there is Dawkins, who has also admitted there must be a designer (video on YouTube).

Thanks Jim. Got a link for that?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I like to refer to halos.com. Here we have the World's most respected scientist on polonium halos in granitic rocks stating that the World must have cooled in about 3 minutes after it was created.

His offer to face off with those who would rebut him have gone unanswered. However, his online critics, who are not "experts" in this field, claim he is wrong.

Thanks again Jim. In which journal might I read the paper where he concludes god created us instantly, must make fascinating reading to see scientists completely stumped and having to accept that. Enough to make you want to go to church! Does he also conclude we are the centre of the universe, which seem to be also on the referenced site?

I guess the field of geology and other scientific endeavours are now defunct? No one taken up the challenge?

Young-earth advocate Robert Gentry claims that the presence of polonium radiohalos in certain rocks demonstrates that they are "primordial rocks" created almost instantaneously (within about 3 minutes) on day one of a literal creation week only several thousand years ago (Gentry, 1986). However, mainstream workers as well as other creationists have shown that geologic evidence invalidates his main thesis, and that serious problems exist in his methods, logic, and interpretations.

paleo.cc...

www.infidels.org...

www.talkorigins.org...

edit on 2-9-2013 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Go figure.

He has never been an evolutionist all his published works talk of creationism. Im checking out his publications but the thing that stands out the most to me is Polonium itself let me explain he makes the claim rock cooled within 3 min because the polonium being present. Well the reason i even know about polonium is it was discovered by madam currie and her husband. It was the first radioactive isotope they found.But the problem i have is there is different forms whos half life ranges anywhere from 138 days to 103 years. Now half life is confusing to people but lets say for example we start with a thousand po 210, In 138 day we have 500 another 138 days we have 250 another 138 days we have 69 left. So im trying to figure out how he gets 3 min? Ill get back to you after i look at more of his publications i have noticed he doesnt lie to explain anything on his source material making repeating his results impossible.

Then there is Sir Anthony Lew, the most famous atheist of the 20th century, who recently accepted that there must have been a Designer due to the complexities of DNA.

Sir Anthony Lew dont know him but complexity is not proof of god leading me to believe he probably wasnt an atheist either.

Im assuming you talking about Richard Dawkins the evolutionary biologist? Who i might add his last book was The God Delusion, Dawkins contends that a supernatural creator almost certainly does not exist and that religious faith is a delusion—"a fixed false belief". Do we mean him? The guy who is vice president of the British Humanist Association you can look that one up.

There is so much scientific information pointing to a Designer, if you will, that it is ridiculous to believe otherwise.

Take for example the human genome. Let's pretend for a minute that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old. There are 3 billion base pairs in the human genome. That means, to believe that there is no Designer, you would have to believe that a replicating living substance successfully replicated every year since life could begin to form on Earth, and would have to form one new successful base pair in every replication every year.

Don't be ridiculous. The reason to be an atheist is to not want to study about or believe in or be responsible to God for your actions. Period.

Wow so there was only one cell every year the earth existed? There is a major flaw in your logic think of the trillions and trillions of generations that can happen in a single cell organism and think of the numbers involved. Let say we have a simple cell organism and we take one and put it into a glass of water you can have thousands in a couple of days. And the original is long dead and we are already hundreds of generations later. Wait a month were in the millions and tens of thousands of generations later. Wait a year and we could have trillions. So the reason your math doesnt work is when simple cell organism start reproducing there good at it in fact really all they do until they die. But you take it to a basic argument that only one occurs per year instead of reality where you would have billions and trillions of possible DNA species building strands. And then errors pop up billions more of a new species. This is an exponential thing here the numbers will increase exponentially to mind boggling numbers.

So this argument is just someone that thinks they understand DNA please show me this argument from a geneticist and i guarantee hes working in taco bell and lost his job.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

we also share over 50 percent of our DNA with a banana.
BANANA is also our common ancestor. LOL

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Something just struck me about this thread. Earlier the OP had argued the digital or hologram universe, which then, you could argue that indeed we live in a simulation. A computer program by much more intelligent beings than ourselves. In fact they would be our creator. They would have programmed those annoying puzzles like putting π into text. (Although the argument even for that is weak.)

And our DNA, would be the code of the program which set out exactly what everything should do. From primordial goo, right up to bacterial on your countertop.

Yep, one could really run with this hypothesis, and it would explain why god is such a bastard, you know, not using his abilities to ever actually do anything nice for anyone. All the inconsistencies. (People just running models, not really caring about the consequence to the avatars.)

And yet, really doesn't mean anything towards the Christian god, in fact, maybe he's just a pimply teenager if we are to believe the OPs interpretation of the universe.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

we also share over 50 percent of our DNA with a banana.
BANANA is also our common ancestor. LOL

No bananas and us have a common ancestor but bananas are not our ancestor all life on earth has a common ancestor thats what are DNA tells us. So what you find funny is actually proof evolution occurred. So if your a tree a vegetable a fly a human or a fish you have common DNA with every other living thing on the planet. Just certain things are closer in there relation to us such as apes where we get a 98 percent match to an alien from another planet hed classify us as the same species.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Maybe if you could spell and had better grammar I would take you more seriously.
The way it is now, my seventh grader has a better grasp of the English language and thus a better grasp on thinking and communication than you. Sorry, I am not an English teacher, and have you ever been exposed to one?

I would give you and your arguments more weight if you would put more weight on grasping language.

Since you have 98% DNA in common with monkeys, I have no DNA in common with a monkey, my parents were both human.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Hey free healthcare thats something we can use. you know what my favorite thing is though something good happens and people thank god. So you just won the super bowl? Yeah the other team played tough and id like to thank my mom dad oh and raymond and of course god for allowing us the strength. When something bad happens killing thousand in a flood or hurricane. Well god has his reasons after all he works in mysterious ways. So god is basically a mass murderer killing thousands of people every year id say yeah thats kinda mysterious wouldnt you? Then if there is a god and hes all powerful but say he doesnt really control the weather but just sort of lets it do its own thing. But of course being god and knowing all he knows a tornado is going to rip through the mid west and kill hundreds. Yet he does nothing so basically god has knowledge that could prevent needless deaths and withholds it and has the power to stop it but doesnt. He must not like us very much he definitely doesnt treat his children very well. And if a father here on earth could prevent his sons death knowing it was going to happen and choose not to my god hes a monster isnt he.

So then we move on if he didnt know these things were going to occur this excuses him from all liability but then how can he be the creator of everything and not make sure he could find out how things were running?So now hes incompetent. No matter what excuses you make for god destroying people and why he would do this makes no sense unless of course god doesnt exist.Either way no matter which way you break it down whatever your belief how can you follow a god knowing he could kill off thousands of people? Im not sure i would want to meet this person if you think about it knowing they are willing to kill people on a whim.

Yes, seems a bundle of contradictions, this god fellow. Something good happens, thank god. Something bad happens, blame yourself. Work hard to achieve something, it was gods help. Work hard but fail, you didn't try hard enough (why didn't god try a bit harder ! :lol
The plan b "he works in mysterious ways" when even warped religious logic can't cope is surely part of an ingenious brainwashing method.

It seems people know him well enough to write books, give sermons, know his likes and dislikes (particularly likes being grovelled and snivelled to apparently) and can give you endless facts about him. Until we actually ask for some way to verify that he exists so we can consider whether he built the whole thing............then he suddenly becomes all mysterious, immeasurable, imperceptable, unfathomable again (strangely consistent with something that is entirely imaginary, funnily enough :lol

Can't tell us how to cure the common cold, can give detailed instructions on how he likes his turtle doves slaughtered. Loves us, but wouldn't hesitate to slaughter every living thing on earth if we don't measure up. Throw in a little fear of the here after and the whole thing is like a journey through 1st century cult psychology and manipulation techniques. Scientology is mild comparatively, yet people still find it a good idea to brainwash young minds with this nonsense.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

reply to post by dragonridr

Maybe if you could spell and had better grammar I would take you more seriously.
The way it is now, my seventh grader has a better grasp of the English language and thus a better grasp on thinking and communication than you. Sorry, I am not an English teacher, and have you ever been exposed to one?

I would give you and your arguments more weight if you would put more weight on grasping language.

Since you have 98% DNA in common with monkeys, I have no DNA in common with a monkey, my parents were both human.

Well apparently your parents didn't teach you how not to act like a monkey looks to me you just had a fit like a monkey in a cage. But if it makes you feel superior to attack people because you cant come up with a legitimate argument defending god as the creator so be it.

See lifes funny if you could dispute my claims you would instead you chose to attack a misspelled word. And i really hate to tell you but case in point some of us are closer to primates then others. When threatened whats the first thing a primate does attack maybe you should fight your instincts to attack others,You may learn something.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Religion had a purpose in early man it gave them a sense of control, Things like lightening were no longer a mystery it was god. Usually angry at them for something they did that day. As are knowledge increases god is pushed further into the recesses now were down to creation argument. So we have people holding on by there finger nails in a belief that some magical entity got really bored and decided to create the universe.

Then later he apparently decides all these humans he created were just to smart so he decides to have them speak different languages, See this obviously proves god was at a frat party you know the stupid things you talk your friends into right.

Then apparently one day he gets so pissed off he floods the earth and starts over he must have really been having a bad day wife screaming at him to take out the trash .I can see it now gets home all frustrated says screw it im starting over but then panics at the last minute realizing it took him a week the first time.What to do then it hits him lets get one of those ape things to build a boat and save my work.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spirited75

You have an imaginary friend no one can see and don't even realize your a primate. And your worried about his grammar?
Now that's funny

I thought this thread was about "Proof" we were created? I have read the whole thread and there is zero proof of this magic creator.
Are you going to post proof or continue with this nonsense about grammar and misconceptions about your lineage?

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join