It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The latest social media outrage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Oh my lord...... obvious troll making a pic like this.

I'll bet she's having quite a trololololol at this very moment.

Look at her eyes... she looks like she wants to bust out laughing.

Edit: Still, pretty messed up to even take a pic like this. Really wrong.
edit on 24-8-2013 by elcapitano75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Call me crazy but...
The pic totally looks photoshopped to me.
Both arms on the girl looks like they were shopped in and the close up of the gun looks like a smudge tool was used.
The bottom arm looks badly pasted on to me.
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the baby was shopped in.
It looks like maybe it was a pic of a girl hugging something and they just pasted and smudged it to look real.
Most people on FB wouldn't be able to tell because they are used to being fed BS all the time.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MildyAmuzed

Yeah, i think you might be right. Looking at it again, the lower arm especially seems.. off somehow.

And yeah.. the gun in front of the face.. seems to be smoothed along the edges.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
In today's world, they can expect a visit by the police or CPS via NSA dispatch to local PD. But since they didn't threaten a politician on FB, they might get a pass.

Edit:

Since there is the shape of a gun, expect a 12 man SWAT team.
edit on 8/24/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

Glad I'm not the only one noticing it.
I've messed around with photoshop on my own face pics at times, literally pixel by pixel sometimes.
Takes forever to do it that way but when your done people can't really tell because you didn't use a tool.

I think this was just done to get people freaking over something while the author of the pic sits back and enjoys the banter...
Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by geobro

It's surreal the reaction this photo is getting lol. Some people seem to think that kid is the mother.... I don't know, she looks 11-13 to my eyes, big sister popped into my mind when I saw it. Not mother.
she should have dressed up as michael jackson and dangled the kid over a balcony that would have gone down really well

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The gun is actually a small hairdryer in the shape of a fiream.

Actually, after reading some of the FB comments regarding this picture.....the amount of hysterical horse-sh*t is astounding. The do-gooder-holier-than-thou-PC-brigade has a strong presence on FB(I'm glad I no longer use it). Calls for this girl to be 'prosecuted', to be 'locked up', to 'have that child taken away' from her are numerous. What is wrong with these people?

edit on 24-8-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Very well said. It does seem to be a very weird thing to do, but i dont see any real harm, just something i would never do, still its her right.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by imod02

What? So you would never play with toy guns and kids? Or you would never allow yourself to be photographed playing with toy guns and kids?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I find that pic terribly disturbing... for two reasons:
  • First is the fact that it has caused such an outrage. The gun is obviously a toy if one looks closely, but I would bet the vast majority of people complaining think it is real. Thus, the outcry is not really about the girl pointing the gun at the baby, but about the gun itself.

• Second, the fact that this girl thinks it is not only OK to point a toy gun at a baby in such a pose, but it is actually something that could be considered humorous, shows me that we have an entire generation of people who have no earthly idea how to use a gun or what a gun is for. There was a time in this country when parents taught their children things they needed to know in life, such as how to handle dangerous technology, but apparently those days are long gone.

All in all this girl needs help and badly. She doesn't need to be identified and prosecuted as much as she needs to be identified and taught... taught what is acceptable in society and what tools are used for.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

taught what is acceptable in society and what tools are used for.

Nah, she's Argentinian, she's not a member of your 'society', she can do whatever she likes with a toy gun, and doesn't need to 'taught' anything.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I got my first .22 at ten years old, and so did most of my peers. We still played with toy guns and pretended to shoot people and each other with them. That is what toy guns are made for. To play around and pretend.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Having a toy gun pointed at you, totally traumatizing

Having big sis dragged away by jackbooted thugs for playing with a toy, nah, not traumatizing at all

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MildyAmuzed

It's surely a possibility. Photoshop can do some amazing things in capable hands. I paint in it myself, more than photo manipulating, but I can do basic things like skin smoothing, sharpening, changing color ranges etc.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

That is what it seems a lot of the people on the facebook and redit threads actually want. It's sick if you ask me. Wishing big brother to pay a girl a visit for messing with a toy, if the photo is not shopped, if it is, then it's on a whole nother level.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I remember the outrage over that fiasco

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I was under the impression that not harming others for yucks was more of a global societal expectation... forgive me for my ignorance on that subject. I realize this was a toy gun and not capable of firing a shot, but the photo has an impact because it is a gun pointed at a baby, not because it is a toy pointed at a baby. Had she pointed a rattle at the baby I doubt it would have the same impact.

And yeah, she is obviously a genius on par with Steven Hawking and Albert Einstein. How could I have missed that?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by geobro

I remember the outrage over that fiasco
i must get a puppy and a kitten and have some fun on the internet
if people get worked up by this i will be as rich as mark zuckerberg by the end of the week

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
seems to me like this photo achieved precisely what it set out to do. it's obviously inflammatory in nature, and the poster was likely looking for a reaction - which she got, over and over. kids don't do this without any pay off. Whether it's for artistic reasons or just a bit of fun nobody seems in any real danger here.

the baby doesn't look frightened, abused or neglected so it's not exactly time to call social services, and like you point out, it's not a real gun. the guy who posted pictures of his dead wife after he shot her is much more worrying.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join