It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The latest social media outrage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
So the latest thing people in my "social media circle" are outraged over is this photo:

Now it is quite obvious this "gun" is either a toy, or a belt buckle, but that doesn't stop the "internet rage" witch hunt, and people calling for her to be identified and arrested. I look at this picture, I see a kid playing with a toy, like I did as a kid. Yes, I pointed toy guns at my siblings and friends, I am totally horrible right? That is exactly what toy guns are made for.....

It is one solid piece, their is no separation in the cylinder or hammer.

reddit
facebook

These are two public open discussions I found on it.
edit on Sat, 24 Aug 2013 05:53:40 -0500 by TKDRL because: sorry, uploaded wrong enlargement.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What a weird thing to do.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
people are easy wound up by a joke she should have added send me a $1 or the kid gets it if 1 million do not reply in the next 24 hours the kid still gets it

do you think they would buy it ps i want 50 %

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Sheeeesh, it's a fine line and I'm kind of reluctant to buy into it... yet a part of me can see the art behind it.

It's a confronting image, no doubt... there's also beauty and innocence there as well.

edit on 24-8-2013 by Perhaps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou

What is weird? Getting panties in a bunch over the photo, or pointing a fake gun at someone?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

It's surreal the reaction this photo is getting lol. Some people seem to think that kid is the mother.... I don't know, she looks 11-13 to my eyes, big sister popped into my mind when I saw it. Not mother.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

I have seen way worse on deviant art lol. Maybe I should snatch a few up and toss them in the social media machine as a social experiment.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Would I get sued if I used that as my avatar pic?

Actually, would ATS even allow it?

On second thought, no, that's just wrong. Me and my brothers used to do things like that to each other as jokes, but we were all old enough to "get it". That child doesn't get the joke, it's too young.. That being the case, it's not a joke. It's just weird behavior by someone who doesn't know how to practice humor.
edit on 24-8-2013 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well this is the internet and it is full of stupid people, people are going to get offended and stupid people just love being pissed off all the time about something or other. Now i just have to sit back and wait until this turns into a thread about gun control and or race. Should be fun

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

This is terrible and the cross in a jar of urine is art.

One is being silly/stupid. Who knows, who cares. The other is on display and is a slap in the face, yet accepted by those elite because it is considered art.

P'raps the young lady should have captioned it as a performance art piece entitled, "Society is holding todays youth as hostage".

She would have gotten a grant, a spot at the Kennedy Centre, and been at an award show!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Or hell, should have put a caption at the bottom saying that the one with the fake gun is autistic. That is thing people are all hands across America these days for.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
reply to post by beezzer

Or hell, should have put a caption at the bottom saying that the one with the fake gun is autistic. That is thing people are all hands across America these days for.

Or better yet, that the young lady is an illegal alien and this is a representation of what the deportation process is like.

Obama could then come on tv and say, "If I had a daughter (I know, he has two) then she'd look like that."

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

What is weird? Getting panties in a bunch over the photo, or pointing a fake gun at someone?

Pointing a fake gun at a baby.

FYI

Would be different if she was playing Rambo with the child - but the child isn't playing, it's sitting there like "WTF, get me dressed!"
edit on 24-8-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It's weird, bro.

Just look at the close up in your post...

It's weird, bro... it's pretty damn weird.
edit on 24-8-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I don't mind the photo's composition at all.

The look on the face of the older one is in-congruent and scary.

So this particular photo is wrong somehow.

P

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Agreed. That looks to be more than a mischievious twinkle in those eyes. Far from evidence of anything, but under the circumstances, worthy of a closer look at the personality of the person holding the pistol, whether it is a real one or not. If anybody has a problem with getting their motivations questioned, they shouldn't put pictures of themselves doing questionable things on their social media sites.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Looks like she is trying not to burst out laughing to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

What am I looking for?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Yeah, I could see that happening here

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't understand a lot of what is labeled art, even some of the classical art looks like crap to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join