It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Syrian soldiers find chemical agents in rebel tunnels near Damascus- state TV

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Originally posted by ken10

The Syrian regime now says that they have found a stash of chemical agents in rebel used tunnels!!
I think this is a plant and done to deflect responsibility to the rebels!! Its all too convenient, nicely setup!! Note it wasnt the UN inspectors that discovered this so called stash so it should be treated with total suspicion!!
Mad Ass-ad is just like Mad Sad and chemical Ali.

Assad wasn't the only one to find rebels chemical weapons !!!

What has this got to do with what happened in Damascus?
This article states they were heading to Syria. so they are reporting!
If anybody thinks Ass-ad / his Generals are not responsible then there is no hope for anybody!

Don't be gullible !
edit on 24-8-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The Syrian regime now says that they have found a stash of chemical agents in rebel used tunnels!!
I think this is a plant and done to deflect responsibility to the rebels!! Its all too convenient, nicely setup!! Note it wasnt the UN inspectors that discovered this so called stash so it should be treated with total suspicion!!

If anybody thinks Ass-ad / his Generals are not responsible then there is no hope for anybody!

Don't be gullible !

Dont you!! Daily what? UN? They are a joke!

So Ass-ad in the clear? Really!!

Nice guy Ass-ad!!! NOT!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If indeed Chemicals have been used i think the question is by whom...For me Assad would gain nothing out of using these weapons. what we are witnessing is a Dirty war...win by whatever means...Assad doesn't have to play that game.

Go Team Assad!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Don't be gullible !

Nice guy Ass-ad!!! NOT!

So everyone's wrong but you, huh.....

Assad does not need to use chemical weapons...his forces are winning, so why use chemical weapons knowing that would incite an attack by the US,UK and France.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It will be hard to find who actually released those chemical weapons. It could be either side or even be orchestrated by another country. It doesn't have to be the syrian government and it doesn't have to be the rebels.

How do we know that the Syrian soldiers didn't plant that evidence, that is also a possibility. Being that the Syrians did not let the inspectors in the area of the chemical bombings, I would tend to believe it was the Syrian government, but the use may not have been authorized from the top either, it could have been unauthorized.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I found these two articles interesting:-

Israel TV: Chemical weapons were fired by Assad’s brother’s unit

The chemical weapons allegedly used to kill an estimated 1,000 or more Syrian civilians by the regime of President Bashar Assad last Wednesday were fired by the 155th Brigade of the 4th Armored Division of the Syrian Army, an Israel TV report said.

This division is under the command of the president’s brother, Maher Assad.

The nerve gas shells were fired from a military base in a mountain range to the west of Damascus, the Channel 2 news report said.

The embattled regime has concentrated its vast stocks of chemical weaponry in just two or three locations, the report said, under the control of Syrian Air Force Intelligence, itself reporting to the president.

The TV report further added that “the assessment in Israel” is that the attack was intended to serve as the possible start of a wider operation.

It said Israel was increasingly concerned about the use of chemical weapons in Syria, and their possibility of these weapons falling into still more dangerous hands than those of Assad. Israel was “privately” making clear its concerns to the United States, the report said.

www.timesofisrael.com...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

Doctors Without Borders: 3,600 Syrians Treated For 'Neurotoxic Symptoms'

Around 3,600 Syrians have been treated for "neurotoxic symptoms", and 355 of them have died, says the humanitarian group Doctors Without Borders (MSF).

The patients flooded into three Syrian hospitals on the day that 1,300 people were allegedly killed in a "chemical massacre" outside the capital Damascus.

The victims all arrived within less than three hours of each other, said MSF director of operations Bart Janssens.

He said the pattern of events and the reported symptoms "strongly indicate mass exposure to neurotoxic agent".

He added: "Medical staff working in these facilities provided detailed information to MSF doctors regarding large numbers of patients arriving with symptoms including convulsions, excess saliva, pinpoint pupils, blurred vision and respiratory distress."

Western leaders have accused President Bashar al-Assad's forces of carrying out the alleged chemical attack.

The Syrian government has strongly denied the claims, and says it has evidence the attack was carried out by rebel forces.

MSF provides drugs, medical equipment and technical support to the three hospitals near Damascus, which its staff have not been able to access for security reasons.

"MSF can neither scientifically confirm the cause of these symptoms nor establish who is responsible for the attack," said Mr Janssens.

news.sky.com...

So by the above report we have established that a chemical attack DID happen but the question is who actually launched the attack. The Iranians are also confirming that a chemical attack happened but did not take sides.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Don't be gullible !

Nice guy Ass-ad!!! NOT!

So everyone's wrong but you, huh.....

Assad does not need to use chemical weapons...his forces are winning, so why use chemical weapons knowing that would incite an attack by the US,UK and France.

Or you!!!!

Sadam or Ali didnt either but used them all the same!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
It will be hard to find who actually released those chemical weapons. It could be either side or even be orchestrated by another country. It doesn't have to be the syrian government and it doesn't have to be the rebels.

How do we know that the Syrian soldiers didn't plant that evidence, that is also a possibility. Being that the Syrians did not let the inspectors in the area of the chemical bombings, I would tend to believe it was the Syrian government, but the use may not have been authorized from the top either, it could have been unauthorized.

Exactly!!! I said Ass-ad or his Generals
For me the Syria regime sid did this!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I really don't know how we can separate the claim vs. claim in this.

I don't know how we can go to war over something so unclear let alone so soon unless we were planning it anyway and this is just being used as a propaganda opportunity.

While reading the previous article I had this sort of comic in my head: a whole bunch of weapons inspectors are standing all looking in one direction where weapons have just clearly blown something up.

And right behind them, sneaking away, are a bunch of people pushing rolling weapons, who are not even seen because everybody is busy looking over-there.

I know the odds are super low, but is it possible that an attack like this nearly under the nose of the inspectors could have been distraction? Horrid enough that nobody would ever suspect it as such?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

The answer to me is as simple as this, as I mentioned in another thread ,if intervention means breaking international law and compromising one's own constitution (supporting a national enemy ) then the choice should be obvious.
war is horrible yes but this is an internal problem, in equilibrium consider the millions that die each year of malnutrition and preventable disease, where action can and should be taken.

edit on 24-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm just going to point something out here but who stands to gain the most from mass genocide using weapons of mass destruction? Assad knows if he uses chems, he is a dead man and he will lose his country, and his family will likely be killed. The Syrian terrorists, er "rebels" can frame him, and get the rest of the world in an uproar and Assad will be on his way out the door, soon to be dead and his family right along with him. The "rebels" know they can't beat him without outside help like they also couldn't do it alone Libya.

Think outside of the box, instead of the government censored media your nations feed you that have you believing everything they say to you.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I don't hardly believe the mercinaries were hired to win against Assad.....
I think the Saudi/Quatari etc owners, told them they just needed to get the ball rolling, and the west would carry it.....There really doesn't seem to be much of a military nature the rebels do that makes any sense to me....
The gas attack is surely not going to be too deeply looked into....the escalation is already on its way......

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I'm just going to point something out here but who stands to gain the most from mass genocide using weapons of mass destruction? Assad knows if he uses chems, he is a dead man and he will lose his country, and his family will likely be killed. The Syrian terrorists, er "rebels" can frame him, and get the rest of the world in an uproar and Assad will be on his way out the door, soon to be dead and his family right along with him. The "rebels" know they can't beat him without outside help like they also couldn't do it alone Libya.

Think outside of the box, instead of the government censored media your nations feed you that have you believing everything they say to you.

But the clever trick is that this is what Ass-ad and/or his loose Generals would expect the UN/US to think!! Hence the plant and setup of the chemical stash. This works both ways for the Syrian regime!! a) If tUN/US accept that the stash was rebel or b) of the UN/US believe what you state!!

Similiarly the rebels would know that their cause is lost if they were to use chemicals!! A lot of the kids are local rebel children.

Think holistically without the box!!!!
edit on 25-8-2013 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

But the clever trick is that this is what Ass-ad and/or his loose Generals would expect the UN/US to think!! Hence the plant and setup of the chemical stash. This works both ways for the Syrian regime!! a) If tUN/US accept that the stash was rebel or b) of the UN/US believe what you state!!

Similiarly the rebels would know that their cause is lost if they were to use chemicals!! A lot of the kids are local rebel children.

This is a fight between Assad and the Muslim Brotherhood. They have wanted him dead and out of the way for years.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

This is a fight between Assad and the Muslim Brotherhood. They have wanted him dead and out of the way for years.

Ass-ad must realise that the end will come for him (Mad Sad appeared not to, just like Mad Gad so its possible/probable Mad Ass-ad is the same!) at me stage! No where to run no where to hide! He is doomed! just like mad sad and mad gaf before him.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Using a thousand exclamation marks in your multitudinous comments within this two page thread does not validate your argument (which seems to be that the MSM is always correct, and Assad is just one more crazed, evil dictator who does horrible things all the time - such as the brutally massacre of women and children, using chemical weapons - at around the same time he finally allowed a UN assessment team into his country to check on things like chemical weapons usage).

With all those exclamation marks you actually come across as knowing very little about the truth of this quite terrible situation, because you seem to be appealing to people's emotions and not their reasoning prowess (much like the idiot news anchors do on MSM channels). You also seem rather gleeful about the whole situation, your sentiment echoing like a two year old with a new rattle.

Remember - less exclamation marks, and more critical thought, equals better posting style and better debate.
edit on 25-8-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Using a thousand exclamation marks in your multitudinous comments within this two page thread does not validate your argument (which seems to be that the MSM is always correct, and Assad is just one more crazed, evil dictator who does horrible things all the time - such as the brutally massacre of women and children, using chemical weapons - at around the same time he finally allowed a UN assessment team into his country to check on things like chemical weapons usage).

With all those exclamation marks you actually come across as knowing very little about the truth of this quite terrible situation, because you seem to be appealing to people's emotions and not their reasoning prowess (much like the idiot news anchors do on MSM channels). You also seem rather gleeful about the whole situation, your sentiment echoing like a two year old with a new rattle.

Remember - less exclamation marks, and more critical thought, equals better posting style and better debate.
edit on 25-8-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

I use ex marks to stop me rambling on and on like you! I try to keep my comments and opinions concise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I come across knowing very little and how would you know what I know or feel or have experienced?
Gleeful, what is wrong with you, are you sleeping with Ass-ad or is brother?
And 2 year old with a rattle? You may have to add a few years of experience to that and dynamite is more along the right lines. But you obviously wouldnt have a clue about that!
As far as critical thought is concerned there aint much to think critical about when the game being played is simpler than snap!! Can you play snap?
I can but retired, you wouldnt either understand or appreciate what the f..k i am talking about anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A thousand ex marks. Cant you count either and dont exag either!!!!!!!!!!. Here I finish on 10 of them.
D.p.h.t

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I love the way you think. Smart. Assad knows that most people think he has no reason to use chemical weapons and so when he uses them and then blames it on the rebels, he knows people will be more likely to believe him. However, this same kind of logic could be used in opposite fashion. For example, the rebels could use chemical weapons in an open way by not attempting to hide who they're and then blame it on the Syrian army by showing they were Syrian military dressed as rebels. Most people wouldn't think they they'd use chemical weapons in a way that exposes them. They'd expect the rebels to use chemical weapons in a covert way so it can more easily be blamed on the Syrian army, instead of openly using them without attempting to hide their identity.

The whole point is to use what popular opinion says about you in your favor when you commit to a conspiracy. If people popularly think X and Y about you then use that, don't waste it.

People commonly suspect the US military WANTS this war and thus -might- be willing to false flag a chemical attack. Could Syria use this common suspicion to manipulate us? How might US military intelligence use this information, if they know they're not trusted?

IMHO, there're endless ways to twist the facts to argue an agenda. The important thing to me is not this particular chemical attack, but the last few years which have demonstrated the ruthlessness of Assad and his menagerie. There's no reason to give Assad benefit of the doubt. He's a dictator, extolling virtues which have no common ground in the western world.

I believe whether we go into Syria or not will not depend on what has happened recently, but will be reliant on the consistency of behavior displayed by Assad and those who follow him. In fact, one only has to turn to the emergence of the Responsibility to Protect doctrine enacted by the UN. Last I knew, some 100,000 people have died in this war between the Syrian military and its people. This is not a war between Assad and the rebels, this is a war between Assad and freedom of speech and thought. If you examine the history, you see that most of this violence stems from the oppression and attempts to prevent dissent. It's over-control, resulting in civil war.

Some links:
www.businessinsider.com - Assad's Killing Of Syrian Civilians Has Reached Barbaric Proportions...

An investigation by Human Rights Watch (HRW) found the Syrian Air Force "has repeatedly carried out indiscriminate, and in some cases deliberate, air strikes against civilians."

HRW's 80-page report draws from visits to 50 sites of government air strikes in opposition-controlled areas in Aleppo, Idlib, and Latakia governorates as well as more than 140 interviews with witnesses and victims. The researchers believe that more than 4,000 civilians have been killed by aerial attacks.

Ole Solvang of Human Rights Watch told EA Worldview that in "virtually all cases we documented the strikes did not hit any legitimate targets."

ww w.worldcrunch.com - Syria: Why The West Lets Assad Massacre His Own People...
www.worldcrunch.com - Report: Syria Crossed Chemical Weapons "Red Line," But West Got Cold Feet...
edit on 25-8-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
the ones who launched chemical weapons against innocent civilians are most likely the ones who gives the Nazi salute like these Syrian rebels:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99
the ones who launched chemical weapons against innocent civilians are most likely the ones who gives the Nazi salute like these Syrian rebels:

Remember Ass-ad is a monster with a record!! The chemical attack would be consistent with such a monster! Same as Mad Sad and his General Ali! Same thing here!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join