It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Syrian soldiers find chemical agents in rebel tunnels near Damascus- state TV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Syrian soldiers find chemical agents in rebel tunnels near Damascus- state TV

Syrian army soldiers have found chemical agents when they entered rebel tunnels in Damascus suburb, Syrian TV reports, adding that some of them started suffocating.

rt.com...

If this is true then it is a indication that the blame for the recent chemical attack should be placed on the rebels which is the consensus of most open minded people. Why the hell would Assad order a chemical strick on the outskirts of the capital Damascus just as the UN weapons inspectors arrive? It does not add up at all!

It could be staged by the assad regime to make it look like the blame is on the rebles. I know one thing is certain it is a big mess over there and there is one big sh1tstorm brewing over the middle east!
edit on 24-8-2013 by jroduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jroduk

Who does NOT want UN inspectors (who are 20 miles away) from finding out what happened?

Answer that question and you have found the guilty party.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Well thats the thing isnt it. People will say well if Assad has nothing to hide then he would or should allow the weapons inspectors free and unfettered access to all of the sites in question. There is a but though .....

Would you let a team of inspectors in that are from a body that has been calling for your overthrow and been pressing for military action against your country? I think whilst Assad still has support from Russia and Iran they will continue with the way they have continues for the past 2.5 years since this conflict started.

Assad knows he is doomed if he lets the inspectors in and he knows he is doomed if he does not let them in so what is he to do?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jroduk

Well that is the case right. But this time it is not Assad who is preventing UN inspectors it is the rebles.

And they have a good reason if they are the once using chemical weapons.

The News i have heard along With this News is that the Chemicals might be of the same batch used last time by the rebles.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jroduk

The puppet masters are getting desperate, they need public approval for the invasion of Syria, and the general public is getting wise, the false claims about Iraq and Afganistan are still fresh in everyone's minds, this is nothing but a false flag so they can justify the good old US of A blowing the bugle and sending in the cavalry to rescue the innocent rebels...

This will not end well, Russia is not stupid, they will know Assad didn't use these weapons. This is not going to end well for anyone, I feel sorry for the Syrian people who lived in relative peace until this phoney rebellion started, look what is happening in Egypt and Libya, it is a mess. But if the USA does attack dragging us along with them it could end up in WW3...

Troouble is we in the west have bought in to this bipartisan politics and buy into it big time, blaming the puppets for all of the ills, rather than seeing the truth, that the puppets are all controlled by one set of strings, if we cut these strings the world becomes a safer place

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Tragically funny...

“We’re getting more new evidence that this criminal act was of a provocative nature,” he stressed. “In particular, there are reports circulating on the Internet, in particular that the materials of the incident and accusations against government troops had been posted for several hours before the so-called attack. Thus, it was a pre-planned action.”

rt.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jroduk
Syrian soldiers find chemical agents in rebel tunnels near Damascus- state TV

Syrian army soldiers have found chemical agents when they entered rebel tunnels in Damascus suburb, Syrian TV reports, adding that some of them started suffocating.

rt.com...

If this is true then it is a indication that the blame for the recent chemical attack should be placed on the rebels which is the consensus of most open minded people. Why the hell would Assad order a chemical strick on the outskirts of the capital Damascus just as the UN weapons inspectors arrive? It does not add up at all!

It could be staged by the assad regime to make it look like the blame is on the rebles. I know one thing is certain it is a big mess over there and there is one big sh1tstorm brewing over the middle east!
edit on 24-8-2013 by jroduk because: (no reason given)

This is most likely an Assad lie to try to deflect responsibility!!
I would suggest that the opposite of the report is the truth!
Remember many leaders have used chemicals in the middle east in the past. The most notorious was Mad Sad. Now you have Mad Assad! interesting sad and as-sad!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Well thats the whole point.

Why would the Assad government invite chemical weapons inspectors into their country only to then use chemical weapons in their presence.

And why would they target women and children? What would that accomplish except outrage???

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I have to giggle because several of us predicted this yesterday

Although the situation is far from laughable.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
What's going on right now represents the greatest risk of crying "False Flag" too often. Those that automatically scream "False Flag" at every incident are not listened to when something really seems amiss.

This Syrian incident doesn't pass the smell test for me. The Syrian government is, by almost all accounts, winning militarily in its civil war conventionally. Sure, there are areas they do not control and the conflict is by no means over, but why pull out your last resort weapon now? Also, why in the hell would they use them so close to Damascus at almost the exact same time that a UN team is arriving in country?

I have no doubts as to the brutality of the Assad regime, but I don't think anyone has called him stupid. Also, with the number of foreign elements in the opposition, and their known sympathies and brutalities, it doesn't take a strong imagination to believe they would gas Syrian civilians themselves if they though it would bring international military aid to their side.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
What I find strange about this report is the "suffocating" soldiers.

Suffocated in rebel tunnels. VERY poor handling of Chemical Weapons by rebels for the contents to be floating around in their own hideout is it not???

Something is not right here.

For the record, I don't believe Assad would be so stupid to use chemical weapons whilst the global community is watching, whilst UN weapons inspectors are in town and when their allies (Russia and China) are monitoring the situation.

Still, didn't stop the MSM releasing details that the Pentagon is drawing up plans to hit Syrian GOVERNMENT troops

Syria's neighbour to the south being so quiet is unorthodox given the history of the 2.

I think I'm going to pass out from the propaganda.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Sublimecraft because: spelling issues.......again!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

If Assad had used Chemical weapons. He can say goodbye to Russia, China and Iran. And rather say: Hello USA.

Assad is not that dumb.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
What's going on right now represents the greatest risk of crying "False Flag" too often. Those that automatically scream "False Flag" at every incident are not listened to when something really seems amiss.

This Syrian incident doesn't pass the smell test for me. The Syrian government is, by almost all accounts, winning militarily in its civil war conventionally. Sure, there are areas they do not control and the conflict is by no means over, but why pull out your last resort weapon now? Also, why in the hell would they use them so close to Damascus at almost the exact same time that a UN team is arriving in country?

I have no doubts as to the brutality of the Assad regime, but I don't think anyone has called him stupid. Also, with the number of foreign elements in the opposition, and their known sympathies and brutalities, it doesn't take a strong imagination to believe they would gas Syrian civilians themselves if they though it would bring international military aid to their side.

Thats exactly why As-sad/ or his generals (known to Assa or not) has done this!
They think no one will think that they would do this!
Also note the target, an area of Damascus under rebel control or influence! He wants full control of Dam back! this would be a strategy for any leaders. Get full control of the Capital back first. And whats the simplest,quickest and easiest way! Gas em!
Also As-sad believes the Russians have his back/side and maybe he's giving Putin one!
I find it hard to believe that the rebels would do this whoever they are!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
What I find strange about this report is the "suffocating" soldiers.

Suffocated in rebel tunnels. VERY poor handling of Chemical Weapons by rebels for the contents to be floating around in their own hideout is it not???

Or it could be that the chemical agents they used against the rebels the other day linger in the tunnels they have just entered? Two sides and all that....

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Well that is the case right. But this time it is not Assad who is preventing UN inspectors it is the rebles.

You're not being entirely truthful here, are you?

Assad and his Government have been delaying the arrival of this team for months over a variety of technical details. If they were keen to prove their innocence, as anyone innocent should be, you'd think they'd wave them in with open arms..... They have not and have obstructed at every turn...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

They don't need public approval, it would be easyer, but they do not need it.
When they go through with it, the public will see itself unable to do anything about it.
One can protest, but then the guys with pepperspray and tasers simply show up to uphold peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by spy66

You're not being entirely truthful here, are you?

Assad and his Government have been delaying the arrival of this team for months over a variety of technical details. If they were keen to prove their innocence, as anyone innocent should be, you'd think they'd wave them in with open arms..... They have not and have obstructed at every turn...

Syria is a war sone. Its not like UN can just barge in when ever they like. Assad would be acountable and responsible for the UN inspectors safety, among a lot of other Things. Its quite a lot of coordination to be done.

Just because Assad takes a long time does not mean he is trying to cover Things up.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The Syrian regime now says that they have found a stash of chemical agents in rebel used tunnels!!
I think this is a plant and done to deflect responsibility to the rebels!! Its all too convenient, nicely setup!! Note it wasnt the UN inspectors that discovered this so called stash so it should be treated with total suspicion!!
Mad Ass-ad is just like Mad Sad and chemical Ali.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

The Syrian regime now says that they have found a stash of chemical agents in rebel used tunnels!!
I think this is a plant and done to deflect responsibility to the rebels!! Its all too convenient, nicely setup!! Note it wasnt the UN inspectors that discovered this so called stash so it should be treated with total suspicion!!

Assad wasn't the only one to find rebels chemical weapons !!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Assad wasn't the only one to find rebels chemical weapons !!!

What has this got to do with what happened in Damascus?
This article states they were heading to Syria. so they are reporting!
If anybody thinks Ass-ad / his Generals are not responsible then there is no hope for anybody!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join