It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people really this brainwashed, that they welcome spying?? Plus informal poll question.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

We all seem to know these people... They live in a fantasy world where the Federal Government is a Good King. Living under a Good King is the best lifestyle there could ever be. You don't need any rights because he takes care of all your physical, financial and security needs and you just sit back and enjoy life.

Reality is that our forefathers founded this country because they knew there was no such thing as a Good King. In fact they set it up specifically so no no could ever claim to be a “Good King” and take away our rights with sweet talk.

Problem is, everything is great as long as the “Good King” has unlimited resources, likes you and you do what the “Good King” demands. Because if he doesn't have all that, then you or others disappear, and if anyone questions the disappearance, they disappear.

The constitution is the document that protects us from a “Good King”.

So try to tell them the story of the “Good King”. Where as soon as we give up the constitution that protects us, people will start to disappear...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
hihi..I remember...

aaah...the good ol' innocent times...

I often wondered...what is better...being ignorantly blissful...or knowing and suffering for it. Knowing makes much harder living...but once you break through this "matrix" of lies and deceit...there is no going back...and I wouldn't want to...not anymore.

I know what you mean. Knowing means more stress, but I would rather see a problem coming than be totally blindsided. At least then, you have a chance to prepare! I am glad I grew up with a dad that valued curiosity.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Tell her that all the social media is just so people can take pictures and record what your doing just like in the old USSR or in East Germany before the wall came down. Then see how she responds. Am I parinoid? No just a bad speller.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

guitarplayer

Tell her that all the social media is just so people can take pictures and record what your doing just like in the old USSR or in East Germany before the wall came down. Then see how she responds. Am I parinoid? No just a bad speller.

Oh, I have. She simply states that she isn't doing anything wrong, and thus doesn't worry. Honestly, I don't know if she really doesn't get it, or simply claims she doesn't, to be contrary. Either is possible in this case!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Spying is unethical as it intrudes on an individuals privacy.
Man can do what he likes, but God is watching.
So the spiers will receive their due from God

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
We are truly outnumbered. Yes it is terrifying. I am completely surrounded at home, work and at play.

I guess this is why I spend so much time on ATS. It is the only place I feel halfway normal.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Many people welcome spying because they don't understand it. Putting aside the constitutional issues for a moment, people think their lives are boring and if someone wants to spy... who cares?

The issue reaches beyond the individual though, this level of spying applies to everyone and that means people in positions of power are compromised. It also invites psychological campaigns against people. With enough data collection you can piece together how someone thinks, where they go, who they associate with, and so on.

10 years ago a friend of mine who was very wise and saw where all this stuff was leading built a computer system in his car. It consisted of 5 cameras (2 front, 1 rear, 1 per side) and a computer that would take the image data from those cameras, process it for license plates, and then record where the license plate was seen with GPS data and what time. He then did a license plate lookup on all of the data and attached names/addresses to this information. He spent a month driving around town at different hours each day for about 6 hours per day recording where each vehicle was. At the end of this data collection he knew what stores people visited, who they associated with, where they lived, where they worked, he could estimate within about 15% (later verified with tax records) what their income was, he knew their hobbies, and he could even tell if someone was acting unusual because their car was on different streets.

Had he wanted to do something evil with this information he would know what houses were empty when and rob them. He could perform identity theft. He could even figure out who was likely to commit a crime based on associations with other criminals. The list goes on.

What the governments database on each of us is going to allow is if they ever turn tyrannical to instantly know who's a threat or otherwise opposed to their rule and dispose of those people before they can act. It will make resistance impossible. Most importantly, if the data is ever stolen (and it WILL be stolen) a persons entire life will be made available. If you think identity theft is bad now, just wait for this to happen.

I'm very much against making digital profiles on people, it's at it's worst when the government does it because they have so many resources, but even at the corporation level it's a huge threat to freedom.

All that from knowing what tv show you're watching or if you prefer VO5 vs Tresumme shampoo.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Happy1

You should ask her if there was some kind of "natural disaster" in her area, if she would happily go to a FEMA camp with her children.

If she was "forcibly evacuated" due to an oncoming disaster - would she go to a FEMA camp?

How does she feel about the 2nd amendment?

There are a lot of people who would line up for "state assistance" if the "gov't" said it was necessary.

It's rather frightening.

How many people just give their children all the vaccines without questioning?
edit on 24-8-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

it sounds like she would do as told without question, i bet she wouldnt think twice and thats just what they want, its all about the use of fear tactics..all she can think about is the bill of goods sold to her about "her saftey..and gasp, the saftey of the children"..some people are sheeple and no getting throught to cattle they just follow the herd
edit on 15-10-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The problem with believing in "not doing anything wrong" is that wrong keeps changing. Even what is right is now becoming wrong. The tactics used by many police is showing this to be true.

Some apathetic people are going to be for the proverbial "rude awaking" one day.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

roadgravel
The problem with believing in "not doing anything wrong" is that wrong keeps changing. Even what is right is now becoming wrong. The tactics used by many police is showing this to be true.

Some apathetic people are going to be for the proverbial "rude awaking" one day.

Quite true. People say they're fine with it because they're not doing anything wrong. They fail to realize that what they are doing could very well be wrong tomorrow. It may very well become wrong to say "I dislike (insert president)" in the future and they're going to have the monitoring tools to figure out who said that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join