It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations from Iraqis to president Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well thanks to a member in here, there is some good news to report. This letter would be nice to read so follow the link, as if I tried to post the letter, I would get hammered withing 5 minutes so please read it.

1000 Iraqi's have signed it? Kinda of reminds me of one of Bill O'Reilly's questions to Bush, "Do you think with all the violence in Iraq that the people will actually vote?" the reply?

"Thats when they should vote, when it counts the most"

note: these quotes are not verbatim.

Congratulations from Iraqis to president Bush and the American people on an Iraqi website and I wanted to share it with you.It�s open for any Iraqi to sign it. The letter was posted online yesterday and till now, more than 1060 Iraqis have signed it.Here it goes:

In the name of God,
Sir, President George W Bush, President of the United States of America.
On behalf of the families of the victims of the mass graves, on behalf of the martyrs of �Halabja� and �Anfal� and on behalf of all the Iraqis that you liberated from dictatorship and oppression; we have prayed for you and now we want to send you our congratulations on being reelected as a president of the United States.

Mr. President, we�d love to congratulate you and the people of the United States on the beginning of a new phase of democracy, freedom and prosperity and we wish you and the American people the best, as they have led the liberation of Iraq and sacrificed their sons and daughters for the freedom of the Iraqis; the historical achievement that the United States has accomplished together with the other liberating countries.
The united States and the coalition, among all other nations were the ones who recognized the suffering of the Iraqi people and saved them from a regime that was more lethal and more destructive than any weapons of mass destruction. A regime that murdered, slaughtered and enslaved Iraqis for long, dark decades, denied them their freedom and their right to live a decent life until God inspired you and helped you to rescue us, liberate our country and put us on the road of freedom and democracy.

In Arabic

Link to Iraqi site with whole letter

[edit on 11-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
A machine translation of that letter is pretty funny:

Congratulating for rule President
George is bubonic Bush and for people American
In poison of Allah

The gentleman President of George is bubonic Bush chief of the states [aalmtHdh] American respectful

Bubonic Bush

BTW, that entire letter translated really poorly.

Can a native Arabic speaker look at the letter and tell us if it looks like it was written by a native Arabic speaker?

[edit on 11-11-2004 by AceOfBase]

join