It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on CNN: Congress Has Two Jobs, But Too ‘Worried About’ ‘Rush Limbaugh’ to Do Them

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Obama is competing for a blue ribbon and an academy award in this masterpiece CNN interview

“I’ve made this argument to my Republican friends privately, and, by the way, sometimes they say to me privately, ‘I agree with you, but I’m worried about a primary from, you know, somebody in the tea party back in my district’ or, ‘I’m worried about what Rush Limbaugh is going to say about me on radio.’”
Does anybody think he's fibbing....just a little bit maybe

“Congress doesn’t have a whole lot of core responsibilities,” Obama said. “One core responsibility is passing a budget, which they have not done yet. The other core responsibility that they’ve got is to pay the bills that they’ve already accrued.”
Huh ?

Obama said that, if Congress does their jobs on those issues, then they can tackle “big, structural changes” like what he is proposing to the nation’s higher education system.
Uhh well but ya just said ""Congress doesn’t have a whole lot of core responsibilities""

read and watch the video ---- it's a GEM !!
Oscar Nominee Performance !!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Obama is obviously living in an alternate universe.

It's a good thing Rush is talking, because the rest of us have almost given up that anyone in washington has a clue of how the rest of us are living with this economy and all the bizarre things they come up with to spend more money that they don't have.

Along with WW3 they seem to be pushing at the moment.

Let's get some of these scandals really investigated and clean out some of those idiots/criminals up there first -
And - My God - stop spending money you don't have.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

“Ultimately the buck stops with me,” Obama replied

Quit blaming everybody else then !

Preoccupied with Rush Limbaugh ?

Jesus...........

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Let's get some of these scandals really investigated and clean out some of those idiots/criminals up there first -

Won't be easy.....

Remember we're all up against the Illuminati !!

It's all their fault [Ha Ha]

But then again --- Obama is more like Illuminuttie

And He keeps on talking about how we need to get the middle class up to par.

Well what has he actually done ? Zero.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Everything that comes out of this mans mouth is BS.

Sorry if some dont agree with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I was googling for a good term to describe the CNN interview and came across this...

Pompous Ass Winery

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Too funny!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
I was googling for a good term to describe the CNN interview and came across this...

Pompous Ass Winery

I think the White House serves this brand

It's better for the 'ecomony' and the national bugdet !!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The Cryer-in-Chief

Talks like he is the boss of Congress. Probably true.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Magister because: correction

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Magister

During the first 4 years of this crap - I was counting down - only 2 and 1/2 years to go - only 2 years to go - it's almost over - only 1 year to go -

Then those idiots re-elected this crap.

Only 3 years to go -

I think they could completely destroy this country in 3 more years.

I think even the illumanati are saying "What the hell have we created here! This man is insane."
edit on 24-8-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

As I read through the quotes from Obama, all I could hear in the back of my mind was The Twilight Zone music. I mean seriously, something is mentally wrong with the guy. Granted, the U.S. hasn't been too lucky with quite a few of it's presidents, but Obama takes the cake. This guy is living in denial, and I honestly think he's got some issues that he needs help with.

Maybe life in the Oval office wasn't all that it's cracked up to be, maybe he understood that his lack of political knowledge (outside of pay to play scandals and dirty politics) just isn't enough to hold the office. It's finally broke him, he sees he can't just come in unprepared and expect to glide through the presidency. I don't know what the deal is with him, but no president ever has been in such a state where they literally deny, deny and deny some more that the grievous problems we are facing aren't problems and that everything is fine.

I don't know where I'm going with this, I'm just super frustrated. The Obama administration and it's idiot followers keep blaming Bush on all these problems. What about the next president? Is it OK that they blame Obama when they fail to or can't do what is needed?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Does anybody think he's fibbing....just a little bit maybe

No, not at all, conservatives cannot offend king Rush.

GOP leader Michael Steele's apology to Rush Limbaugh came with a price

Huh ?

Yep, you guys should actually take some time to read this document you supposedly want to uphold.

All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Article I, Section 7, Clause 1, United States Constitution.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1 & 2, United States Constitution.

It might help if you all read that document, really, take some time, it really is that good.

Uhh well but ya just said ""Congress doesn’t have a whole lot of core responsibilities""

They really don't, everything they are responsible for is in Article I of the United States Constitution. in it's entirety there are 2268 words in Article I of the United States Constitution. Some posts on ATS are far longer than that.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

See, half of america thinks like this - there is no more hope for america. We are all doomed.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

That is just more of your leftist crap.

You yourself know that obamacare didn't come out of the house.

Yet Roberts called it a tax. If it didn't originate in the house then it is not a legal tax. Witch it didn't.

I like how you bring up the constitution when it suits you purpose. Obama doesn't care about our rights and neither do you.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

What authority does Rush have? What assigned "powers" does Rush have?

People/presidents/pundits can slander Rush all day long, but in the end, Rush has millions of listeners.

Rush, for all his theatrics, disects the political process and politicians for all the world to see. People like Rush (Levin) also do the same. If they weren't popular, they wouldn't have radio programs.

What scares politicians and pundits alike is that they have no authority (yet) to shut people like Rush up!

Politicians can lie, pundits can obfuscate; but when Rush talks to the people, it blows down their lies like a cheap house of cards!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
every person focusing on Obama,
every person blaming Obama,
every person who thinks Obama is behind anything..

must be the slowest and easiest manipulated. the last to 'catch on'..

those on the verge of Darwin Award stardom

Seriously ------->ffs.. QUIT ACTING LIKE A DOG!.. chasing the Frisbee until a chasing the car drives that by, until seeing the cat...

GET BACK ON POINT -- those so simply distracted!

here answer these to yourself, I already have the answers.
1. Does Obama have writers and prompters?
2. Do you actually think Obama runs things?
3. Seriously?
4. have you never thought POTUS has become a 'puppet' position.
5. Don't you get that globalists is PLURAL!
6. Do you really believe there aren't people behind the presidents?
7. Have you never considered that the Pres follows orders too?

My GOD PEOPLE!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

What authority does Rush have? What assigned "powers" does Rush have?

People/presidents/pundits can slander Rush all day long, but in the end, Rush has millions of listeners.

Rush, for all his theatrics, disects the political process and politicians for all the world to see. People like Rush (Levin) also do the same. If they weren't popular, they wouldn't have radio programs.

What scares politicians and pundits alike is that they have no authority (yet) to shut people like Rush up!

Politicians can lie, pundits can obfuscate; but when Rush talks to the people, it blows down their lies like a cheap house of cards!

Rush played a HUGE role in maligning Ron Paul in 2008. Rush covered for ALL the BUSH treasonous and traitorous acts.

Rush is a DRUG ADDICT... a DOPER.... and is has been known to take fornication vacations to places like Thailand/Phillipines where all those young girls are.

yeah,..... back that horse ..

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That's funny.. Congress is obsessed with Rush Limbaugh?? That's like an A List Celebrity saying a starving actor in a commercial is a Prima-Donna and basking in the limelight.

I don't see members of Congress on TV 2-5 times a day. EVERY SINGLE DAY in most business weeks with a carefully planned speech somewhere to insure maximum coverage.

I only see one that is truly OBSESSED with the media and it's the man talking in this thread. Not Congress. he needs to get over himself and his own fixation with celebrity so maybe, sometime before he leaves office, he can WORK for a living instead of delegating 100% of everything to others while he goes on the speaking tours before even leaving office.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Bite your tongue on calling Rush a drug addict and doper. You're calling MY WIFE a drug addict in saying that and millions of others. Rush came to fall down the same hole SO MANY Americans today do with doctors gleefully prescribing you right into hard addiction then cutting you off like it's personally amusing.

Sometimes the hyperbole is downright hurtful and that aspect of it really is an ugly thing to say, given the true circumstances of what happened with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Rush doesn't give a damn about you...he makes 70 million a year, he cares about himself
www.celebritynetworth.com...
he is part of the top .01% on the wealthy in this country, he care about keeping his taxes low, by cutting out every social program that other people depend on....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join