Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Stunning Dance of the Peacock Spider HD

page: 1
32
<<   2 >>

log in

join
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Did the search and did not see a thread about the Peacock Spider since 2011. This new video is amazing!

And after all this, the poor little guy gets zip for such an amazing display. I don't know what to say, my jaw dropped, he looks like a lil alien Zulu witch doctor dancing and flailing his harry arms about


It's mind boggling how it evolved to come up with such a form of self defense and mating ritual.

It would be like if our bodies developed so that it always looked like we had a gun on our hip. How the hell does that work?





posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I hate spiders
but I just gotta have one
awesome!!!!!!



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I hate spiders too, but this one was so fascinating. That would make a cool avatar.



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If that thing was crawling up your leg - the last word you would use is stunning.



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
haha pretty cool, i have kept tarantulas for many years now, sometimes the males will tap on the glass in certain patterns.. but no cool dance..lol nice find



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Oh, what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive...

Looks almost real!
But, whoever created it could have taken a bit more time to make it more fluid and solid.

But kudos!

Never a thought has entered into this world wide where I would witness a web spun by its master, as I witness this weaving myself, as my very self, weave in and out, going here and there, as I I too trek and spin among and across this tangled world wide web so wide.



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder
 

if your suggesting this is fake?.. i think you are wrong




posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I don't like how it reminds me of Majoras Mask.



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish
 


Wow....I can't get over how much this looks like a tribal mask!





posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish
 


Cool....he's a funky little dude!




posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by flyingfish
 


Wow....I can't get over how much this looks like a tribal mask!




Yeah, no kidding! I looked it up on Wiki and Google Image and they actually have a face which flips up which looks exactly liked a painted tribal mask...nature is getting weirder, I swear...



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I can see a new shamanistic character in a Disney animal/insect movie



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CONEDESTROYA
I hate spiders
but I just gotta have one
awesome!!!!!!


I'm in the same boat, all other spiders die in my house, not the jumping spiders.



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Oh, what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive...

Looks almost real!
But, whoever created it could have taken a bit more time to make it more fluid and solid.

But kudos!

Never a thought has entered into this world wide where I would witness a web spun by its master, as I witness this weaving myself, as my very self, weave in and out, going here and there, as I I too trek and spin among and across this tangled world wide web so wide.





Say.... what?



These little guys are very real. The species, Maratus volans have been compared to peacocks due to the great beauty of the colouring of this spider.

They are tiny, here is a pic for comparison.



Here are some pics of different variates.










posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish
 
That is hilarious

he would make a great avatar


edit on 24-8-2013 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I normally HATE spiders, but this handsome fellow was entertaining!



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by flyingfish
 
That is hilarious

he would make a great avatar


edit on 24-8-2013 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)


Ha ha! That's awesome! ☆ for u...




posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22
 


The right meme would probably be the "F you, im a spider" like the anteater one.

This spider looks like a tribal shaman doing its dance. That is one of the coolest creatures I have ever seen



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
At the end, it looked like the female ran off. I guess the dance wasn't sucessful. Maybe he should have worn a gold chain and tried gungnam style.



posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What amazes me the most is how they instinctively know how to do the dance. They are never taught as they are left to fend for themselves pretty much as soon as they are born. How do they all know how to do the same dance ?
Incredible!





new topics

top topics



 
32
<<   2 >>

log in

join