It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US readies possible Missile Strike against Syria

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I would not be so sure you have evidence of whom is behind those chemical attacks..

Remember the leaked emails earlier this year...

London, Jan 30 (ANI): The Obama administration gave green signal to a chemical weapons attack plan in Syria that could be blamed on President Bashar al Assad's regime and in turn, spur international military action in the devastated country, leaked documents have shown.

A new report, that contains an email exchange between two senior officials at British-based contractor Britam Defence, showed a scheme 'approved by Washington'

in.news.yahoo.com...

Got a thread about it here if you are intrested...

Syria 'chemical' attack backed by US
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's always ironic to me that while we seem to need a mountain of evidence to accuse the Syrian government of using chemical weapons, even though they have a history of mass killings of their own people, that we apparently on ATS need NO proof whatsoever to accuse our own country of the attack. People saying they hate Obama for the attack? Seriously?

False flag.. blahblahblah.. every time any country commits an atrocity, folks come out in droves to blame the U.S. government! It's laughably pathetic - I honestly don't know why some of you even bother to live in this country. Go move to a nice fair country like Iran or Syria or China, since they are being bullied by the mean ol' USA.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

US would be stupid to attack Syria. Enough is enough, Russia and China won't keep quiet, Iran will jump in the first chance given. Obama is not that naive or rash.

What are we witnessing here? start of WW 3? Hope Not !!
Depends on who you think "US" is.
If it is really a self-appointed global elite who has a stranglehold over all the major corporations, governments, and banking systems, who has infiltrated the US government with their puppets, then, "Yes" (they would be that "stupid").
If you mean the citizens of the United States, then "No"(we aren't that stupid). But the ability for the real US to override the plans of the fake US has been weakened to the extent that what the people think doesn't matter.
The only solution is a boycott by the people in the military by refusing to follow illegal orders.
The Constitution of the US says that there must be a declaration of war passed by the House of Representatives.
And besides that, Russia is not going to sign onto a UN Security Council Resolution authorizing an attack on Syria, so it will all be an illegal criminal operation amounting to mass murder that no one should participate in, including military personnel who are under standing orders to not follow unlawful orders.
edit on 24-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

LOL
According to Infowars....i think that says enough about this story.
I am going to need a little more then Alex Jones, sorry.
Look i am not a real Obama fan, but i am not one of his haters either. That being said, do you really think that all those people in Washington right now who want him out of office wouldn't jump on that opportunity to force him out? That would be a wild happy dance party for them.
Boehner alone woud have, well, a Boehner.

edit on 24-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

LOL
According to Infowars....i think that says enough about this story.
I am going to need a little more then Alex Jones, sorry.

If you want to make judgement without evidence then so be it.. The story was not just covered by inforwars. There was an article published about it in the Daily Mail. Funny the article has been taken down now... Action speaks volumes.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It was taken down, like news stories occasionally are, because it was proven to be false. Probably because they chose to use Infowars as the source of their information. Hoaxes perpetuated in the real news tend to make all news look bad.

Instead of a retracted article from Daily Mail, or a piece in Yahoo News India, or Infowars why not post a link or even a picture of the actual emails to prove it?

edit on 24-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
US won't do any attack, unless China and Russia back down.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

And bite the hand that feeds you? China isn't going to pay for it this time
Chem/bio weapons is a terrible thing, but so is taking sides and implicating yourself (illegally) in a sectarian conflict that will with all probability go regional.

edit on 24-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'ts here (Belgium) on the news also, American war ships moving closer to Syria...
Greetz

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

If read the next paragraph the leaked emails came from a hacker,

The emails were released by a Malaysian hacker who also obtained senior executives resumes and copies of passports via an unprotected company server, according to Cyber War News.

The hacker sent the info to Alex Jones. Who else do you think would report on that? CNN, BBC, and the rest of the ilk?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Proven to be false? Maybe, but can you back that claim up?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by grandmakdw

We need to stay out of other peoples business - we do not belong in Syria anymore than we belonged in Vietnam - it is a civil war.
It's not a civil war.
It's a conflict caused by a series of false-flag attacks by professional subversive forces paid for by the Gulf region states to eliminate the government over the land that they want to appropriate to run their gas pipeline over, to keep all the profits to themselves while leaving the rightful inhabitants either dead or exiled or impoverished, all the while giving blood-thirsty murderers free reign to kill people so they can claim to be jihadists to get their wives in Paradise.

We STILL do not belong there.

Who are we to be so arrogant to think we are the saviors of the world. Hogwash!

We need to STAY OUT of it and let the local people take care of their problem.

It is absolutely none of our business to get involved!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Nothing new for me to read here. This has been apart of the spin to gauge and prepare the public for what they plan to do soon is all. I have heard this revelation about a hundred different ways now and it's stil the same spin of information. I am not trying to insult the OP by any means but if people don't smell what's cooking in the kitchen then they should check there sense of smell again. The odor is familiar and not entirely good.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa

Originally posted by grandmakdw
We have absolutely NO BUSINESS going to Syria.

Our current troops are stretched too thin.

We need to stay out of other peoples business - we do not belong in Syria anymore than we belonged in Vietnam - it is a civil war.

Our troops in Afghanistan are short of medical supplies and civilian groups are send supplies to them. We need to get out of Afghanistan, and yes we are still in Iraq, we need to get out there too and mind our own d.... business.

We will never totally leave Afghanistan. This is procurement of land, minerals, etc. I knew when it was announced back in 2010 that minerals worth 1 trillion dollars was found, that we would never get out of there.

htptp://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/14/world/asia/14minerals.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

You have a point

Case in point: the US still occupies Germany and Japan and Italy

We will probably never leave Afganistan and let thousands more die for absolutely no good reason.

The US does not and should not get involved, let the middle east take care of it - we are self righteous pricks if we get involved where we do not belong.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I did read that, i even went so far as to scroll through some of the Cyber Wars news site where it all was supposed to have come from. I still just don't buy it.

There are two basic scenarios that come to mind with this, IMO. Which do you think is more likely to be the case?

1.)
The emails are real but were quickly 'scrubbed' to protect some vast conspiracy to pull many of the world powers into Syria for a quick and dirty war against Assad, implying that every major news organization and government official with ties to the UN is either involved in the conspiracy or are so incredibly stupid that they were fooled into believing this was fake. Except for Alex Jones and his website who are the only bearers of truth left in this world.

Or

2.)
A hacker perpetuated a Hoax that Infowars/Alex Jones simply bought and sold because it sounded good and pumped up page hits.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Russia with its only mediterranean port won't give up on syria

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I tend to agree, sort of.

Russia might give up on Assad, but once that has passed they will simply help put someone else into power there so they can maintain their control over that port.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Agreed, but Tarus is not as important to Russia as you may think www.gloria-center.org...
One also needs to consider the military historical relationship between Syria and Russia,something that is too often overlooked:
The treaty of amity and cooperation, containing 15 articles and signed between Syria and Russia on October 8,1980 just after Camp David Treaty that has been signed on March 26, 1979 is the highest level document which has been signed between Russia and Syria. According to the article 5 of said treaty the parties shall promptly contact each other.in case the peace and security of one of the parties has been threatened for the purpose of eliminating that threat and re-establish the peace. that treaty was a guarantee treaty for Syria. According to the secret protocol of the treaty Russia guaranteed to help Syria with all its power in case of an attack
www.academia.edu...
www.ynetnews.com...
See article 9 of the treaty of good neighborliness and friendly cooperation, connect the dots, and one can see the potential for a very negative outcome
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 24-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If the US gets involved here are the real reasons;

The US economy is close to total collapse.

The only thing in the past that has saved an economy in that shape is a world war.

So Obama to not leave a legacy of a totaled economy will get us into this war.

It will "save" the economy, and with a draft instituted will give the huge numbers of young people a full time job, and it will reduce the surplus population (another liberal goal)

Also, it will make the nanny progressives a warm fuzzy to arrogantly "save" Syria.

The US should NOT get involved, let the middle east take care of it's own, it is none of our business.

Obama doesn't give a sh.. about the thousands of american soldiers who die regularly in Afghanistan, so we know that the lives of young Americans means nothing to him. Private charities are having to send medical supplies to our troops in Afghanistan because the Obama administration won't. If we get involved in Syria there is no choice but to institute a draft and Obama won't give a da.. about those young people either if it makes him look good.

We , the US needs to mind its own business and quit trying to rule the world.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Missile attacks against wmd's can not be any more IDIOTIC.

Go on make then airborned deadly weapons even more deadly and scatter them all over the place.

Geez.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join