It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US readies possible Missile Strike against Syria

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

US readies possible Missile Strike against Syria

rt.com

Despite President Obama cautioning against intervention in Syria, the Pentagon is making “initial preparations” for a cruise missile attack on Syrian government forces, according to a new report.

Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey is expected to present options for such a strike at a White House meeting on Saturday, CBS News reported on Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Cruise missile attack? Just send a TR3B over there. They won't even know what hit them!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Wow. Even if they are just plans, why do we bother? These people hate us, yet we continue to spend money we DON'T have, and they want my tax money? They can go to hell.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Syria has done a good job of staying in there box over the years. They did not interfere in Iraq in any significant way and they tend to only support acts against Israel in a very limit clandestine way. I do not see why we would kick a compliant government out just so the locals can elect some radical Muslim government in its place. It is just stupid for us to get involved.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Cruise missiles are the perfect tool for the job. Sort of suicide drones?

NO boots on the ground are necessary. NOR pilots breaking airspace boundaries. After all, walking on a countries soil and flying over it are only different in the most blind of minds.

But sending in robots to explode in a flaming glory, now that is unconventional grey matter, isn't it?

What ever have we been led to think? Oh yah...

WMD! WMD!

Now our grey matter can go back to sleep.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
We have absolutely NO BUSINESS going to Syria.

Our current troops are stretched too thin.

We need to stay out of other peoples business - we do not belong in Syria anymore than we belonged in Vietnam - it is a civil war.

Our troops in Afghanistan are short of medical supplies and civilian groups are send supplies to them. We need to get out of Afghanistan, and yes we are still in Iraq, we need to get out there too and mind our own d.... business.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Ok.
Now prove it.
The proof that the perpetrators did not use sarin gas is that the inspectors investigating it were not wearing the appropriate protective gear that would have been required when handling sarin gas.
So they are ready knew that it wasn't and they found the chemical components used to make the gas, on site, in containers marked as being from Saudi Arabia.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

We need to stay out of other peoples business - we do not belong in Syria anymore than we belonged in Vietnam - it is a civil war.
It's not a civil war.
It's a conflict caused by a series of false-flag attacks by professional subversive forces paid for by the Gulf region states to eliminate the government over the land that they want to appropriate to run their gas pipeline over, to keep all the profits to themselves while leaving the rightful inhabitants either dead or exiled or impoverished, all the while giving blood-thirsty murderers free reign to kill people so they can claim to be jihadists to get their wives in Paradise.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

US would be stupid to attack Syria. Enough is enough, Russia and China won't keep quiet, Iran will jump in the first chance given. Obama is not that naive or rash.

What are we witnessing here? start of WW 3? Hope Not !!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Nowhere in the article does it say the President is ready to attack Syria. It says the Pentagon is readying plans, but Obama has the final say on whether any of these thought out plans become a reality. The article emphasizes the fact that Obama doesn't feel an attack is beneficial in many areas, and he doesn't want to do it. Read the article then let's have a discussion on what the article actually states.

US President = Commander in Chief.

US FORCES MOVE CLOSER TO SYRIA AS OPTIONS WEIGHED

hosted.ap.org...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- U.S. naval forces are moving closer to Syria as President Barack Obama considers military options for responding to the alleged use of chemical weapons by the Assad government. The president emphasized that a quick intervention in the Syrian civil war was problematic, given the international considerations that should precede a military strike.

edit on 24-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

This senario truly worries me, and I'm not usually one to fret over things. But, considering that I believe wholeheartedly, that this "chemical weapons scare" is another false flag designed to give an excuse for the NWO military arm (notice I said nwo, not u.s. military. I believe if the majority of people knew the truth about the battle in syria and in the middle east in general, support would disappear. ) to invade syria and return the al-ciada backed muslim brotherhood to power. The main reasons for all these mini wars we have been fighting in the middle east are nothing more than ways to replace current regimes with new ones that are wholly under the sway of world banks and their shadowy leaders. They want a new world war to wipe out the majority of the population because they see the global awakening happening, just like many of us do. The only difference is that they wish to stop it, and if most of the population dies in an engineered war, that they themselves have spent decades (at least) preparing for, then the remaining slave labor will be that much easier to control. I hope I am wrong, but I do not believe I am.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
3,600 patients with neurotoxic symptoms in Damascus hospitals on Wednesday – Doctors Without Borders
rt.com...
edit on 24-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
and the Nobel Peace Prize winner.... about to lead us into another war....

What is Obama going to do if Iran decided to close the strait of Hormuz? Gas prices go astronomical, things start to collapse. Was that part of the plan, after all?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
We have absolutely NO BUSINESS going to Syria.

Our current troops are stretched too thin.

Our troops in Afghanistan are short of medical supplies and civilian groups are send supplies to them. We need to get out of Afghanistan, and yes we are still in Iraq, we need to get out there too and mind our own d.... business.

We will never totally leave Afghanistan. This is procurement of land, minerals, etc. I knew when it was announced back in 2010 that minerals worth 1 trillion dollars was found, that we would never get out of there.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
reply to post by autopat51

What happens in Syria is of critical importance. Unless we just withdraw from the world as a WHOLE and call it all an end of things at our borders, which will never happen.

There is a reason Syria has always been land which is strategic and much fought over. It's place as an anchor on the Med is one. Now it's amplified as a regional power. It's the key to the northern front into Israel after Lebanon has tried twice now and failed in recent times. It's on Turkey's border to directly touch and bring in NATO.

It's also a transit and terminal point for the planned Iran-Iraq-Syria-Lebanon Gas line which would be the first in history to cross from Caspian accessible resources to the Med. That was formally signed between the nations last year. So much for Iraq being all Anti-Iran or Anti-Syria, eh?

We've been played on so many levels here, it's not even funny..and we're continuing to come back for more. Somewhere, there are people in the Middle East, laughing hysterically about that, too. I just wish we could. Nothing funny about another war ....and this is about the 3rd or 4th time I've watched this build up and game.

Enough I say.

EXACTLY! What else is there to say other that what is said here above.

When people wake up and rise up we may have a chance. Until then, nothing changes.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caroline13456
reply to post by aLLeKs

Yo, listen, doesn't matter how many people are on food stamps. At least they can get food.

People getting gassed don't even have that privilege. They're too busy choking and dying.

Comes a time you gotta stand up and say that's not right, and if I have the means to stop it I will.

yeah, than first of all there has to be a proof, that the Assad Regime did the attack. I remember that the rebels did the same and blamed it on Assad.
Furthermore, most people in Syria are pro-Assad

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
reply to post by autopat51

I have no doubt the Syrian's love their country, everyone loves their country. Except Americans who love to hate their own country.
But love their leader? I have a hard time believing that....

I would like to point out that you should apply your own distinction between loving our country and your leader(s) to your comment about Americans loving to hate their own country.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The United States has nothing to gain from attacking Syria...........and
won't happen anyway.

Stateside can't afford another war and further more
what difference in the grand scheme of things does
a few hundred dead by chemical weapons make??

Over 100,000 have been killed by bullets and bombs.......

Dead is dead right.. sdoesn't really matter at this point how you get dead.. AmIRight???

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Totally agree, for those of you who trust RT yet have not spent any great amount of time in Russia is seems odd that you would trust the Putin propaganda machine so much...I was in country there for awhile sightseeing for 6 months and RT is very much controlled by the Govt...though alas I have no source proving this so my first hand experience will be labeled BS for those that love RT. Not saying its bad or wrong on all fronts but it is the AlGazeera of Russia and an arm of the govt and Duma...

Sniper

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Yes Assad is protecting the Christians so he has to go, this Bozo BO has to side with the Muslim brotherhood.What a loser this criminal in Chief is How much more of this can we take?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Sorry, but this sounds more like media hype on a "slow" day.

It's the military's job to "prepare" for any eventuality. To provide the President with options at a moments notice.

There would be serious demotions if the CIC asked for military options and none were prepared for him.

NOT a big deal!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join