It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US readies possible Missile Strike against Syria

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by flatbush71

Interesting statement...

Any proof?
I am not dismissing what you are saying, it just seems a lot more informed then i would expect.

edit on 24-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by flatbush71

Can you please provide some links to the facts?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

The source to the fact is www.debka.com...

Not a very reliable source.

Syrian elections are due next year. Efforts need to be placed to see free and fair electrol process. Efforts towards war will create a mess all around the globe.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Well just as valid as anything else i have seen so far.
Nice find.

Here is another, again who knows how credible.
Times of Isreal
Maher Al-Assad

Maher al-Assad (Arabic: ماهر الأسد‎, born 8 December 1967) is a Syrian general and commander of the Republican Guard and the army's elite Fourth Armored Division, which together with Syria's secret police form the core of the country's security forces.[2][3] He is also a member of the Baath Party's central committee.[4] He is thought by some to be the second most powerful man in Syria after his brother Bashar, the current President.[5]

On 20 August, rumors surfaced that Maher, who had not been seen since the 18 July 2012 Damascus bombing, succumbed to his injuries after Russia Today reported that a senior Syrian military official died in a hospital in Moscow.[36] After the report was released, Syrian state media denied it was true.[36] A member of the pro-opposition Syrian National Council[who?] claimed he and other members were 100% certain it was true and Maher was the Syrian military official who died in Moscow.[36]

However, on 10 October, Abdullah Omar, a defected Syrian journalist, told CNN that Maher was treated in Russia but returned to the presidential palace, where al-Omar said that Maher had lost his left leg in the bombing and also the use of his left arm.[37]

Hmmm.....well i guess if someone in Syria had a real reason to do this, it would be this guy. Looks like he is the sort to enjoy acts of violence and retribution too.

Telegraph

To the regime's opponents, he is "the most feared man in the country"; "the Butcher of Deraa" or simply "the enforcer".
As Syria's uprising has ground on, Mr Assad's ability to inspire terror has only multiplied.
For the regime, it is invaluable to have in its service a man whose name alone can strike fear into the entire civilian population of a town.
By dissident accounts, the president's brother revels in his unwholesome reputation.
He has, they say, the classic psychopath's appetite for inflicting suffering and a total inability to empathise with the plight of his victims.

Stories abound of his fondness not just for ordering retribution but actively taking part in it.
Last month, a video emerged purporting to show Mr Assad, dressed in a leather jacket, firing a pistol at unarmed protesters in a district of Damascus.
The authenticity of the footage has not been verified, but the man bears a resemblance to the president's brother and the manner in which officers protect him as he shoots points to the culprit being a figure of some note.
It is the second time Mr Assad has allegedly been caught on film revelling in violence.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Kinda like "finding weapons of mass destruction" huh? That's what hearing this gas attack on the news reminded me of. Oh, a non-specific attack implemented by God-knows-who happened overseas where we're already killing innocent people? Attack I say!

Just another attempt at getting our foot in the door.

If previous posters are correct, and the final decision is on Obama, we are royally screwed. Remember how Obeezo likes to poke alligators with sticks when civil or national issues are pending.

Nothing good can come from this...

Even thinking on a basic, child-like level says this is wrong. Even if the story is what the mainstream says (HA yeah right), understand that they're trying to justify an attack, with a missle, killing people, because someone overseas... was killing people.

So, the answer to murder is more murder?

Only when money and power hang in the balance. That's when murder becomes a godsend.

Syria's claim to have discovered chemical weapons in Damascus follows its refusal to accept that a chemical weapons attack had taken place on Wednesday.

The US, Britain, France and Russia have all urged the Assad regime and the rebels to co-operate with the UN and allow its inspectors to look into the alleged attack.

The Assad regime has denied the claims that it was behind the chemical attack, calling them "absolutely baseless" and suggesting they are an attempt to discredit the government.

Full article here

That site seems to have a slightly lengthy summary of the situation.

edit on 24-8-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

The final decision might be on him, but McCain and Hagel are both pushing for this pretty hard. You do realize that there are many highly trained and well informed military officials that will be advising him on this action right?

It's not like he is just gonna throw a dart at a map of Syria.

He is gonna shoot missiles at it.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

The final decision might be on him, but McCain and Hagel are both pushing for this pretty hard. You do realize that there are many highly trained and well informed military officials that will be advising him on this action right?

It's not like he is just gonna throw a dart at a map of Syria.

He is gonna shoot missiles at it.

I know he's got suits whispering in his ear. The man can't think for himself, he's not allowed to. That's not what he's paid for.

I wonder what goes through his mind when his advisors steer him one way or another.

These are big decisions.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You mean this "suit"?
General Martin Dempsey

Defense Distinguished Service Medal (2)
Army Distinguished Service Medal (4)
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit (3)
Bronze Star (2) with Valor

Daily News

The Obama administration is opposed to even limited U.S. military intervention in Syria because it believes rebels fighting the Assad regime wouldn’t support American interests if they were to seize power right now, Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, wrote to a congressman in a letter obtained by The Associated Press.

Effectively ruling out U.S. cruise missile attacks and other options that wouldn’t require U.S. troops on the ground, Dempsey said the military is clearly capable of taking out Syrian President Bashar Assad’s air force and shifting the balance of the Arab country’s 2½-year war back toward the armed opposition. But he said such an approach would plunge the United States deep into another war in the Arab world and offer no strategy for peace in a nation plagued by ethnic rivalries.

“Syria today is not about choosing between two sides but rather about choosing one among many sides,” Dempsey said in the letter Aug. 19 to Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y. “It is my belief that the side we choose must be ready to promote their interests and ours when the balance shifts in their favor. Today, they are not.”

Seems competent enough. At least he doesn't come across as the sort to just jump into this situation without some clear and overwhelming evidence. Hell if anything he seems like the most reasonable voice i have heard in this whole thing. He clearly understands not only what is going on in Syria but what it will mean for us to get involved.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Seems competent enough. At least he doesn't come across as the sort to just jump into this situation without some clear and overwhelming evidence. Hell if anything he seems like the most reasonable voice i have heard in this whole thing. He clearly understands not only what is going on in Syria but what it will mean for us to get involved.

God willing...

I don't pretend to know anything about these decisions before they're made. To me, its all politics raising their hands, voting like its American Idol.

Words are nothing.

Action is everything.

We'll see what happens

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

For the dirty work? Yes...England and EU forces carried the load on Libya. Quite a bit in logistical support is what the US offered as was reported in headlines at the time for giving weapons to the rebels. It seems the US suddenly wants to make friends with these rebels wherever they pop up ..but then look how that all ended with Libya too. (Not entirely over, of course).

When Reagan was out making friends with Rebels for pet projects and personal crusades, they called it wrong and nearly crucified him in hearings you'd have thought were never going to end for TV coverage. Now, we're supposed to cheer it and support them just because a different President says so.

Oh how times change while the games being played stay so much the same.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
For those wishing for war look at this video and see the face of the man at 18 second......blown up like a pumpkin.

NO TO WARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

You misunderstand, the people vying for Syria do not care about human life.
warships,fighter jets and rocket launchers were not designed to deliver cupcakes.
edit on 24-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
For those wishing for war look at this video and see the face of the man at 18 second......blown up like a pumpkin.

NO TO WARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.youtube.com...

Amen brother!

The US should not get involved, we are not the policeman of the world. We can't even care for the soldiers in Afganistan and charities are sending medical supplies to them because Obama won't. We need to get all our soldiers home from every foreign land and mind our own business.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Once the US knocks our Syria's antiaircraft systems Israel will have a clear path to Iran. Since the American people for the most part are sick of war we'll let Israel do it. Without a doubt America will get drawn into it with the ruse of having to save Israel if anything goes wrong. Since when is it up to America to police the world? I'm sick of this #. One of these days it's going to come back to bite us in the ass hard. How about we spend the money here at home to help our own people. 40% of our population can't afford to feed themselves but we can piss away another trillion on war.
edit on 24-8-2013 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
How about we spend the money here at home to help our own people.

Where's the profit in that? 😝

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Syria Options weighed as US forces move closer

The Pentagon has dispatched into the eastern Mediterranean a fourth warship armed with ballistic missiles capable of striking Syrian targets.

Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey is expected to present options for a strike at a White House meeting on Saturday, Martin reported. On Saturday, a White House official said Mr. Obama would "make an informed decision" about the U.S. response to Wednesday's attack "once we ascertain the facts."

I also saw a report via facebook that all leave for US troops has been cancelled until Nov. Unconfirmed.....but it does paint a worrying picture.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

very interesting.

what the reporter quoted there. With the chemical attack being posted before it happened.

I don't think the US was involved in this. They were to busy dealing with Egypt and Israel/palastine/Iran

What on Earth is going on down there with the Rebels? Some sort of Extremeist religious action?
I don't think you can blame everything on the government. Then again. It could be a Brotherhood hide out.
That would really make all of this interesting.

But beyond the interest. This is terrible. And needs to be dealt with.
Let God have mercy on Syrian souls.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
why do people continue to fall for the same exact tricks over and over again.

we need another woman saying how assads men are tossing babies out of incubators and eating them in their stew.

too many weak minded people in here.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Good God, why can't we stay OUT of the middle east?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Thanks for proving me what your agenda is.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join